Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Really wish Amazon would stop putting the same damn games on sale. MP3 has been dirt cheap every other week for the past year (years???). If people haven't bought it by now, tough. How about catering to us gamers who have already taken part in these BL2 and Max Payne 3. Some different games would be nice for once.
...the games on sale are generally the very popular games. This is a pointless complaint; except for things that are brand new, pretty much every major title gets a good sale. Even the new stuff is included generally--BF4 for example has been on a huge sale quite a few times especially consider it's recent release. CoD Ghosts hasn't had much of a sale, but that's Activision.

I'm pretty curious about which titles you think are being ignored.

I agree w/this guy tho, they need sales on other titles for once...like, when is Magicka gonna go on sale?

I swear I've been waitin for that forever. Not this damn Max payne shit. It's not like I was super excited and jumped on that fuqin stupid 7 dollar Max Payne complete pack in the black friday sale. Fuq Amazon. Fuq sales. FUQ IT ALL
Magicka was just in a bundle a few days ago. It was $25 for Magicka: WW, Chivalry, SASRT, and a couple other titles I can't recall a the moment. That wasn't Amazon, though.

Yes games on sale are repeated. Your point? If it's selling, why stop? Amazon is a for profit company after all. Would I like to see some new titles get deep discounts, yes. Have I also picked up on repeat sale items because I passed on them in the past, yes. Tony has asked in the past for specific data when requests are made. He can do hardly anything productive when the request is as vague as 'I want something different on sale'.
Right - we need repeat sales b/c we have to wait until Tony hits at least 75% off MSRP for backlogging purposes if we don't want the game ASAP...or we wait for Tony to create INSANE irresistible bundles. :p

Though, when he does repeats, he could also maybe now and then toss in a new deal that we ain't seen - at least so eventually, that game on repeats will later hit 75% off and/or be bundled w/ other stuff. ;)

EDIT:

I wnat InJustice 5bucks yo thanks tony ehh or alien rage unlimited for 3.99 thank you and i want biohsock inifnite season pass for5bucks thank like that yea
Injustice & Bioshock Infinite Season Pass each for $5 = would be a major sale from me. :D

I like the way Tebow is thinking here. :D

Though, I don't expect to see those deals for a while - BS:I hasn't had ALL its DLC released; and Injustice was just recently ported and released onto the PC.

Haha, there's nothing wrong w/magicka, the joke was more that it's been bundled/on sale like 38927439284 times...precise number btw
Yeah...I read his post assumed he was talking about the newer one because of that, which I've never seen a sale for aside from the bundle I mentioned.

My Steam copy that was given to me was from Amazon, which I then bought the upgrade to on steam, works flawlessly

2 layers of DRM FTW

A weird thing I just noticed is when I launch my Steam copy of FC3 from Uplay, it opens the Steam launcher, then goes back to Uplay and runs the game. I didn't do that before. Nothing like bouncing between DRMs. Its just as fun as FC3 itself!

A weird thing I just noticed is when I launch my Steam copy of FC3 from Uplay, it opens the Steam launcher, then goes back to Uplay and runs the game. I didn't do that before. Nothing like bouncing between DRMs. Its just as fun as FC3 itself!
I'm actually enjoying FC3 (game), so far.

So dew I - $10 Samsung on Virgin Mobile pay as you go ($90/year for the base minutes). I want my phone to be small enough to fit in my front pockets, its battery to last for two-three weeks, and to just-make-phonecalls.

I really don't see the point of paying for a home phone...I'd never use it. Who da fuq would call that when they have your cell number?
I'm probably a corner case, but I work from home full-time and really like having a line that always works, is always clear, and doesn't need to be charged up or depends on utility power. So I shell out $30/month for that...

I really don't see the point of paying for a home phone...I'd never use it. Who da fuq would call that when they have your cell number?
Haven't had a hard line in my house for five years. Sometimes I forget other people still do. I actually get pissed when a client gives me a home number and I think it is a cell. And then I try to call to ask them something and can't get a hold of them for days cuz they aren't home. Drives me crazy.

I have a home phone so I can ignore it.  That's the sort of phat swag I save on CAGgin' -- I can afford to get phones explicitly to NOT use them.

I'm probably a corner case, but I work from home full-time and really like having a line that always works, is always clear, and doesn't need to be charged up or depends on utility power. So I shell out $30/month for that...
well that makes sense. if i worked from home i'd probably consider it.

Land line for the security system, cheaper than their wireless service and cable phone doesn't work well for it.  It really burns me paying for that crap especially since the taxes are almost the same amount of the cheap ass phone line.

Back on topic of current sale items - Target has Borderlands 2 GotY for $9.99.  Not sure if they'll get it together enough to actually sell any, but it's out there.  Submitted for PM.  Tony, save me a trip?

BL2 GOTY 

Back on topic of current sale items - Target has Borderlands 2 GotY for $9.99. Not sure if they'll get it together enough to actually sell any, but it's out there. Submitted for PM. Tony, save me a trip?

BL2 GOTY
It's not GOTY but don't forget BL2 comes to PS+ this month, and that the GOTY version is incomplete anyway.

Edit: I'd still buy if it were the PC version at that price, though.

Really wish Amazon would stop putting the same damn games on sale. MP3 has been dirt cheap every other week for the past year (years???). If people haven't bought it by now, tough. How about catering to us gamers who have already taken part in these BL2 and Max Payne 3. Some different games would be nice for once.

obviously I'm not being clear enough. I'm not criticizing the fact that it was on sale last time. Read again. It's the same games every other week. Can I please get an experience CAG to back me up on this undeniable fact? Or shall I compile a list of all the times it's been on sale in the past year?
The repeated MP3 sales are all my fault. I keep not buying it, and the automated CAGazon system keeps telling Tony that I don't have it yet. I've tried to tell the system that I'm just not interested in it; but the system looks at my Amazon purchase history, cross-references that with my Steam and GOG libraries, and comes to the conclusion that I'm just pulling its leg. So Tony puts it on sale again, and I don't buy it again, and the cycle repeats.

So from one point of view, you could chalk this up to faulty programming. But on the other hand, I have no intention of buying MP3, so these sales are going to continue forever. I suggest you take a deep breath and deal with it. Like I said, it's my fault, and I'm taking ownership. Next time MP3 goes on sale, you can rant and rave at me till your lungs collapse.

By the way... MP3 will be on sale again later this month, and again in the Editors' Choice sales in January. Blow another gasket about it, or learn to cope. I won't be buying MP3 either way. :D/

That still doesn't answer my question pertaining to the UPlay-version.

So, anyone else w/ the UPlay-only Version of Far Cry 3 Deluxe here got an answer...?
It's been a long while, but from memory you have to use the same key that you used to activate the game on uplay within the game where you can enter codes to activate DLC.

It's been a long while, but from memory you have to use the same key that you used to activate the game on uplay within the game where you can enter codes to activate DLC.
Right - that's what I did.

It still says the key's already been used/activated.

And it ain't working to unlock the Deluxe Ed stuff, like it supposed to.

Right - we need repeat sales b/c we have to wait until Tony hits at least 75% off MSRP for backlogging purposes if we don't want the game ASAP...or we wait for Tony to create INSANE irresistible bundles. :p

Though, when he does repeats, he could also maybe now and then toss in a new deal that we ain't seen - at least so eventually, that game on repeats will later hit 75% off and/or be bundled w/ other stuff. ;)

EDIT:

Injustice & Bioshock Infinite Season Pass each for $5 = would be a major sale from me. :D

I like the way Tebow is thinking here. :D

Though, I don't expect to see those deals for a while - BS:I hasn't had ALL its DLC released; and Injustice was just recently ported and released onto the PC.
it was more to prove a point to guy and that wheen i buy it hey tony transformer bundle now with both games dlc for 10 bucks plz do magic u did with the prototypee last year thanks. also tell ubsioft that they need to put their games on sale with steam keys and uplay version for every game they can like DRiver SF Deluxe and Annon 2070 complete for 5 bucks or less and tony COH 2 Digital collection -$10-15 bucks. Tennage mutant ninja Turtles geet 4 pack and get it 75% off plz so me mysterd neuro and mns can join snakeybro in turtles world coop style hehe. qr code fuck u i have no smart phone i have phone between avg weak cell and smart phone i have phone with keyboard

it was more to prove a point to guy and that wheen i buy it hey tony transformer bundle now with both games dlc for 10 bucks plz do magic u did with the prototypee last year thanks. also tell ubsioft that they need to put their games on sale with steam keys and uplay version for every game they can like DRiver SF Deluxe and Annon 2070 complete and tony COH 2 Digital collection -$10-15 bucks. Tennage mutant ninja Turtles geet 4 pack and get it 75% off plz so me mysterd neuro and mns can join snakeybro in turtles world coop style heh
Is that supposed to be tennage as in 10-age? Like sorta like pre-teen mutant ninja turtles?

Immmmmmmmmmmmmm in

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back