Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance to get the Uplay prices for the Tom Clancy and Prince of Persia stuff matched? Most of the older games are like $2.50 each on Uplay, but I'd rather Steam. I'd like to transfer them all to a digital format as my 360 begins it's death march....

Any chance to get the Uplay prices for the Tom Clancy and Prince of Persia stuff matched? Most of the older games are like $2.50 each on Uplay, but I'd rather Steam. I'd like to transfer them all to a digital format as my 360 begins it's death march....
Unfortuanately, Amazon does not PM pub sites like Ubi/Origin/etc.

This was one of the easier ones. Motoki got most of it.

"Stop being a grinch because you lost a girlfriend. Now you're AJ's boyfriend slave. He he, it's your own fault for being weird."
You know, I think he makes even less sense when I can actually make out what he is saying.

Anyone looking for more credit fodder, all the Warlock: Master of the Arcane DLC is between $0.60 and $0.74 today. Scroll down a bit in this post to find links. I know it's not fiddy cents or whatever, but these are add-ons for something a few of you might actually play.

If you haven't played Warlock, it's a Civ clone with less diplomacy and more goblins. You probably already have it backlogged.
are you my clone?

because this is exactly what my plan was at the start.

are you my clone?

because this is exactly what my plan was at the start.
Nope. I just like to steal other peoples' plans.

Then again, if I WAS your clone, admitting it would probably ruin all of my nefarious schemes.

So yeah, totally not a clone.

In case anyone missed this one out, GUN™ is going for $4.99 (75% off). The game is published by Activision and it has been only 25% off in the past 2 years. Although the game is quite old, it is a good western game. Worth checking out if you like Call of Juarez series.
Honestly, one of the best sound tracks in gaming at the time... Still a timeless classic. When, I first finished the game a long, long, time ago I actually remember being quite sad I wouldn't hear the song that played in the open world anymore...

Its on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPnYiyUlMQI

Also speaking of one of the all time best... Its cast of voice actors was unheard of in its age. So many Hollywood greats. or at least the voices of greats. :D

I think I'll have to buy again just for the trip down memory lane...

Skyrim Legendary is 66% off on steam, yippee (sarcasm). Steam holiday sale officially sucks. Wheres Tony?!? How dare you enjoy Christmas day with your family! 

Oh, and Merry Christmas guys/gals.

So Fable: The Lost Chapters is $1 (too lazy to check if this was on the spreadsheet). I haven't found Fable 2 to be that enjoyable, but does anyone have anything to say about 1? I've heard mixed things about each game, but for a buck I'm tempted.

Honestly, one of the best sound tracks in gaming at the time... Still a timeless classic. When, I first finished the game a long, long, time ago I actually remember being quite sad I wouldn't hear the song that played in the open world anymore...

It on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPnYiyUlMQI

Also speaking of one of the all time best... Its cast of voice actors was unheard of in its age. So many Hollywood greats. or at least the voices of greats. :D

I have this on PS2 (and PC, boxed).

Is the upgrade worth it? Will the game -work- on Windows 7 / 8 without problems?

Is the upgrade worth it? Will the game -work- on Windows 7 / 8 without problems?
I just booted into it in 8.1 with no ini/reg edits. Selected everything to max, watch the opening video, and moved around in the game world a bit...

Only issue I had is my controller (xbxo 360) won't do anything with the right stick. My mouse DPS is super high so KB/M was all over the place but that's easily enough to tone down.

All in all, seems like it will be very playable. (and not as bad looking as I kind of thought it would be. Max rez seemed to be under HD quality so I'm guessing they ported over from PS2 not Xbox 360.)

So Fable: The Lost Chapters is $1 (too lazy to check if this was on the spreadsheet). I haven't found Fable 2 to be that enjoyable, but does anyone have anything to say about 1? I've heard mixed things about each game, but for a buck I'm tempted.
The first fable was the best fable, I remember having a blast. I played all the following fables and DLC besides the kinect game and they were all a let down to me. They are remaking the first fable for last gen I think. Forgot what its called. Lost Chapters is just the complete version of the first fable.

Thanks! Fantastic game. Added it to my list (link at the top of the OP, or my sig).

Odd, I clicked on the link in the OP and it was listed as $70. Quite a bit different wouldn't you say? Might be worth adding this one to the OP?
OP is just some highlights and late addition, see the full list at link at the top of the OP, or my sig.

I've been silently wondering this... I remember seeing this box a lot back in the late PS2 era.

I played Gun on the 360, it was fun.  If you have it on PS2 I would assume the graphics would probably be better on the PC version, but not 100% on that.

The comparison to Call of Juarez is spot on, a lot of fun for a western FPS.  

Similar ideas as in 2 - Build up your character and follow the good/evil path.

Fable 1 doesn't have native support for controllers. I'm used to playing this type of game with a controller, so using KB/M is cumbersome. One of these days I will get around to setting up xpadder.

re: Gun on modern Windows

I just did a brief test and Gun does work on Windows 8 so I presume 7 would work as well. Everything functions. Visuals even turned up are not amazing but that's no surprise for a game of this age. They're serviceable though.

Seems like the max resolution is 1600x1200 so I will have to look into that and see if there is some way to get 1920x1080.

Also controller support is kind of wonky. I didn't see anything in the config for it (maybe I missed it) but it sort of works. The left stick on a 360 controller moves the character but the right stick doesn't rotate the camera as you would expect. Keyboard and mouse controls seem to work fine.

Its on youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPnYiyUlMQI[/youtube]

That is a very emotional piece of soundtrack indeed, it reminds me of another film I watched - Bury My Heart At Wouned Knee, the music is also very sad yet inspiring.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/YxA_XFNVZnA[/youtube]

So I guess no way no how would Amazon be able to get a Trials Steam version?

Disclaimer for MysterD: Yes I know it's two layers of DRM and yes I would prefer that. I really am hoping that does not make your head explode since it is Christmas

On a related Ubisoft and Steam note...

Is there a Steam version of Anno 2070 on Amazon?
No and AFAIK no store outside of Steam has ever sold the Steam version. I would comment about how there's two layers of DRM* without Steam and three with but I don't want to make MysterD's head explode. Whoops too late.

Anyway, I'm expecting it to be a daily or flash on Steam one of these days but Ubisoft might be a bit chintzy with the discount. We'll see.

* I realize people have been claiming the non-UPlay DRM was taken out but even now on first install it generates a hashtag based on your hardware and then uses SolidShield activation so that's obviously doing something. TL;DR report on Anno 2070 DRM etc from Reclaim Your Game here.

The first fable was the best fable, I remember having a blast. I played all the following fables and DLC besides the kinect game and they were all a let down to me. They are remaking the first fable for last gen I think. Forgot what its called. Lost Chapters is just the complete version of the first fable.
I agree that the first Fable is the best one. I think that game at the time was a victim of it's own hype, but if you don't go in expecting the world (like Peter Molyneux promised) then it's quite a decent sort of RPG lite.

At the $1 price point don't even think about it at all if you even have the slightest interest. Just get it. I kind of doubt you'll ever see it for $1 plus a $5 Editor's Choice voucher again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back