Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I just picked it up. It is the Gold edition.
Sure it - just grabbed it thanks.

Tony / others,

Anyone else seeing the download/library page just randomly showing new purchase keys and then for others having you click the view key button?

a few games i grabbed the other day all had view button but now today I go in and they all have the keys showing. I ask cause I use the view key button to mark games I have not registered yet; these are all steam keys btw.

Tony / others,

Anyone else seeing the download/library page just randomly showing new purchase keys and then for others having you click the view key button?

a few games i grabbed the other day all had view button but now today I go in and they all have the keys showing. I ask cause I use the view key button to mark games I have not registered yet; these are all steam keys btw.
I have noticed that as well.

Tony / others,

It's done that ever since the beginning multi-page system early this year.

People hoping for free EC games aren't being very realistic. The only reason that happened in the past was because they PM'd Steam Winter sales and Amazon obviously scheduled this promotion to avoid having that happen this year.
Don't be so negative, it's completely reasonable to hope for free games.

[customspoiler=' FTL: Faster Than Light '] Stem Key [customspoiler=' key '] NRZ45-E0BLA-9BAHN [/customspoiler] [/customspoiler]

Look it just happened.

[customspoiler=' Darksiders '] Stem Key [customspoiler=' key '] GX8RR-IZRHW-6C4RQ [/customspoiler] [/customspoiler]

There it happened again.

as a fan of both dead space 1 and 2 plus a guy who thought 3 wasn't that bad (co-op was well done), I have to say Awakened felt like a slap to the face. its an hour of game play for what obviously should had been on the disk all along. Its mostly recycled assets and blatantly a money grab. I won't spoil the story but I will say the ending was cheap and very insulting to any DS veteran. Yeah I want my money back.

Hey guys,

Here's an early look at the first batch of stuff that will hit the Editor's Choice list in early January:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Again, note, this list is preliminary, we're still waiting to hear back from most of our pubs/devs.

Cheers,
Tony
Really hoping you'll hear back from your pubs/devs in time. Only deal on that list that's good is the Ace Patrol bundle IMO, the rest suck or have been the same price before (sorry if I'm too blunt).

Pfft I paid $2.50 on Steam during the Summer sale… didn't really care for it. Wonder if they've made improvements or the DLC alters stuff.
From what I remember, originally the DLC made the game a lot harder, but that may have changed since then. The DLC additions/improvements are supposed to be huge, but I haven't played it so I can't elaborate further.

Pfft I paid $2.50 on Steam during the Summer sale… didn't really care for it. Wonder if they've made improvements or the DLC alters stuff.
From what I remember, originally the DLC made the game a lot harder, but that may have changed since then. The DLC additions/improvements are supposed to be huge, but I haven't played it so I can't elaborate further.

Really hoping you'll hear back from your pubs/devs in time. Only deal on that list that's good is the Ace Patrol bundle IMO, the rest suck or have been the same price before (sorry if I'm too blunt).
Is it weird, that I'm actually more curious about the Bethesda & MicroSoft deals?

SotS: The Pit on Steam is DRM-FREE on Gamersgate, I'm wondering if Steam-version is actually laced w/ CEG.

For all Steam-versions owners of SotS: The Pit, can you do me a favor?

Can somebody who has it game DL'ed from Steam - close Steam-out; and just boot the game's EXE directly from the game-folder.

Let me know if it forces a Steam-client boot (Which means it's laced w/ CEG)...

or if it just actually boots the game up w/out Steam (which means the game is DRM-FREE, not laced w/ CEG).

Thanks.

People hoping for free EC games aren't being very realistic. The only reason that happened in the past was because they PM'd Steam Winter sales and Amazon obviously scheduled this promotion to avoid having that happen this year.
Not expecting free games, but to be honest most of those deals sound like "we added 5 to all prices, so you can enjoy your 5 coupons".

Not expecting free games, but to be honest most of those deals sound like "we added 5 to all prices, so you can enjoy your 5 coupons".
Most of the stuff the last couple of years was 'we added $3-4 to all prices.' That said there were a few great deals like the Microsoft arcade pack, Fable 3, etc that Tony got towards the end of January. Bottom line is people should temper their expectations as there are no guarantees the EC deals will be any better than the December deals. Nor is there any 'January sale' planned. Some guy last year kept complaining about being disappointed with the January sale despite the fact there was none promoted. The EC coupons are just the EC coupons. If there end up being sales in January that coincide with the EC it's good fortunate but no one should expect them.

Most of the stuff the last couple of years was 'we added $3-4 to all prices.' That said there were a few great deals like the Microsoft arcade pack, Fable 3, etc that Tony got towards the end of January. Bottom line is people should temper their expectations as there are no guarantees the EC deals will be any better than the December deals. Nor is there any 'January sale' planned. Some guy last year kept complaining about being disappointed with the January sale despite the fact there was none promoted. The EC coupons are just the EC coupons. If there end up being sales in January that coincide with the EC it's good fortunate but no one should expect them.
I had zero expections (like last year) and mostly bought stuff that I would've bought otherwise too.

Aliens CM was kinda for credit too... you know... :D

• It is too early to complain about EC, that's only a tentative early list
  • All the downer complaining isn't going to make Tony want to deal with CAG
  • Constructive criticism can help Tony try to track down games prices we'd like to see.

The Amazon Thread got really negative last year, lets not repeat that. :grouphug:

• It is too early to complain about EC, that's only a tentative early list
  • All the downer complaining isn't going to make Tony want to deal with CAG
  • Constructive criticism can help Tony try to track down games prices we'd like to see.

The Amazon Thread got really negative last year, lets not repeat that. :grouphug:
wutevar

maybe Mooby believes that Brink will keep him from going over the edge.  in any case, for a buck (after EC) why not

in fairness to the "EC" issue, there is an expectation based on past years.  what most people are realizing whether it is this topic or the Steam sales is that the business models/offerings/discounts etc... are constantly changing to drive sales

Tony continues to give us information to base some of our buying choices. i.e. gives us a heads up regarding a bundle, upcoming sale etc...  So far I see no need to go get 20 plus purchases for the "EC" sale.  I personally saw a couple from the initial list that I thought OK, but nothing that screams YES YES YES BUY ME.

Nevertheless, amazon has done well in matching steam and giving us a good alternative as far as buying choices.

I am hopeful that everyone is happy with their purchases and continues to enjoy the holiday season.

SotS: The Pit on Steam is DRM-FREE on Gamersgate, I'm wondering if Steam-version is actually laced w/ CEG.

For all Steam-versions owners of SotS: The Pit, can you do me a favor?

Can somebody who has it game DL'ed from Steam - close Steam-out; and just boot the game's EXE directly from the game-folder.

Let me know if it forces a Steam-client boot (Which means it's laced w/ CEG)...

or if it just actually boots the game up w/out Steam (which means the game is DRM-FREE, not laced w/ CEG).

Thanks.
It forced Steam ... figured it would as it has Steam_api and steamwrapper dll's :)

Damn... I can't tell if friend's SotS: The Pit play time is playtime or mercantile card idling.
You really have to ask?

The Ace Patrol games were like 80 cents plus 10 cents credit back on GMG the other day. Just saying.

You could always try a diversion tactic to change the subject on the thread. Ask MysterD about DRM or tebow about, well, anything.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Brink.
I thought it was a jab at $5 Newegg Brink...

You really have to ask?

The Ace Patrol games were like 80 cents plus 10 cents credit back on GMG the other day. Just saying.

You could always try a diversion tactic to change the subject on the thread. Ask MysterD about DRM or tebow about, well, anything.
Um... well I'm I was kinda sorta maybe hoping that someone played while collecting their cards. ...I know it was a longshot. Can't blame a girl for trying, right?

Oh no, not more DRM rambling.... nooooooo

Yeah, so you'd come out ahead with the Amazon deal. It's not a super amazing deal.. but it's the best price we've seen them (I think).
I got them for 70 cents each on GMG because of the whole 10 cent credit thing every time you buy a game.

It cost me $1.40 whereas with Amazon EC it would be 99 cents. But hey you could buy Super Hexagon with the 40 cents you save. :p

In all seriousness though for someone who missed the GMG deals or passed on it you might as well get the Amazon EC one. Both Ace Patrol games have cards so you can raise your playtime artificially to confuse Asheskitty and then sell the cards to get most of your 99 cents back.

I believe the Ace Patrol games were 80 cents each, were they not?
Yes, 1.40 for both + 0.1 credit left, since you got 0.1 credit and could get free 0.1 credit from free game.

Didn't buy, so I might crap this.

http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/

Says you should get from cards: (expected to drop thought)

Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies $0.61

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol $0.55

So $0.99 for both after coupon sounds totally fair.

Welp I'm sitting on 5 EC coupons from my hard spent 5 x $0.20 glitch Darksiders 2 DLC.  Hopefully Tony doesn't offer much more enticing to force my hand to buy $0.50 Just Cause 2 DLC!

Okay, all I thought about reading that is I want Skyrim Legendary, I want Skyrim Legendary, I want Skyrim Legendary and then Tony. Hey Tony, keep up the great work with getting Pubeze and Devezez to drop prices on games. Just because I complain about something doesn't mean he hasn't been doing great stuff for many others on here. Oh, and I want Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back