Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's actually a great price for Sword of the Stars: The Pit [Gold Edition].

...Bought! I couldn't resist. That's the lowest price ever, beating GamersGate's $3.25 price right now (even with the 20% oops discount that I don't have).

Thanks to whoever mentioned this first in the thread. :D
Everyone, go buy it![customspoiler='Read only after buying'] So rest of us can have it in bundle soon :)[/customspoiler]

If you miss the deal on Steam, Castle Crashers is -75% on Amazon. It says Mac Version but is marked as Steam DRM
Thanks for the tip!

thats actually how i usually get my cards. I'll occasionally have a spurt where i idle for a day or two, but then i forget about it. i have a whole bunch of card drops to farm at some point
I keep track of all my "games with code drops remaining" in a spreadsheet. Ugh, I have issues.

Thanks for the tip!

I keep track of all my "games with code drops remaining" in a spreadsheet. Ugh, I have issues.
You have game giving away issues and I have game-hoarding issues.

So, keep them code-drops coming! :p

You have game giving away issues and I have game-drm issues.

So, keep them code-drops coming! :p
fixed for u heh tony i want to buy mp complete for 6.99 plz fixed but thanks for the nexxt list of ec credit wil be waiting for full list good i brought nba2k14 right this tiem

Balls, didn't realize Crisis 3 was on origin, guess we'll have to see what else is on sale when the final list is compiled.

fixed for u heh tony i want to buy mp complete for 6.99 plz fixed but thanks for the nexxt list of ec credit wil be waiting for full list good i brought nba2k14 right this tiem
You didn't need to replace "game-hoarding issues" with "game-DRM issues."

Both are true.

EDIT:

Balls, didn't realize Crisis 3 was on origin, guess we'll have to see what else is on sale when the final list is compiled.
Crytek = part of EA partners program.

Major emphasis on EA.

EDIT 2:

Game hoarding is the least of your "issues"
So, are you going to expand on this...?

You didn't need to replace "game-hoarding issues" with "game-DRM issues."

Both are true.

EDIT:

Crytek = part of EA partners program.

Major emphasis on EA. EA No wants crysis 3 o nsteam and want u to use crapgin to stea ur money

EDIT 2:

So, are you going to expand on this...?
mroe fixes and nah ur hoarding nah that would bee cheaplikefox or someone with 1k game ln3000

There have been plenty of EA partner games on Steam. Shank, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc.

Nothing about the partners program stipulates you need to lock your product to Origin.
EA has been having Origin-exclusive DLC on Crysis 2 + 3 - whether it's timed-exclusive or whatever other political nonsense, who knows. You'd have to find out literally what the hell is the agreement b/t EA & Crytek on these matters.

Hence why C2 got kicked off Steam, until Crytek finished doing C2 DLC; and Crytek had compiled C2: Maximum and then them and EA have it thrown up on Steam - since there's that recent Steam rule where "ALL DLC must be on also the Steam-version."

I don't know if C3 DLC is timed-exclusive for Origin or what - but, C3 ain't on Steam...at least not yet, anyways.

Everyone, go buy it![customspoiler='Read only after buying'] So rest of us can have it in bundle soon :)[/customspoiler]
The vanilla version has been bundled before and it'll definitely be bundled again and again, no doubt there. I jumped on it for the included DLC and magical Gold Edition allure (Oooo-ahhh). Plus another $5 EC coupon to buy Ace Patrol Bundle!! Flights over the Pacific will never be the same ;)

Okay, I've finally rounded up all my extra games into one list. Want one or four or twenty? Send me a PM!

[SIZE=12pt]The Showdown Effect, Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes (1 thru 3), Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, Titan Quest, Warhammer: Dawn of War, Scribblenauts Unlimited, C+C Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition, Medal of Honor, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 3, Populous, Magicka, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Garry's Mod, Orcs Must Die GOTY, Sanctum Collection, Cities in Motion 2, Neighbours From Hell Compilation, LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sorcery, Psychonauts, Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, and Braid, Bastion, FTL: Faster Than Light, Eets Munchies, Mark of the Ninja, Shank 2, Cave Story+, Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, Humble Indie Bundle #3, Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third, Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package, Gemini Rue, EDGE, Anomaly, and Osmos.[/SIZE]

Happy... Day After A Major Holiday!

EDIT: If you sent me a PM, I'm not ignoring you. It's going to take me awhile to sort this out so I'll get back to you all when I get home later tonight :)
Thanks for the very generous drop.

next thing i know you're gonna tell me the ice dragon kelly kelly isn't real either
y you not follow directions, it said everyone but you can click. :p

^_^ I'm glad to see I'm not the only one eyeing the Sims 3 stuff... I just didn't want to be the first to admit it. ;)
I'd be eyeing it if I already didn't have them all.

Don't be so negative, it's completely reasonable to hope for free games.

[customspoiler=' FTL: Faster Than Light '] Stem Key [customspoiler=' key '] NRZ45-E0BLA-9BAHN [/customspoiler] [/customspoiler]

Look it just happened.

[customspoiler=' Darksiders '] Stem Key [customspoiler=' key '] GX8RR-IZRHW-6C4RQ [/customspoiler] [/customspoiler]

There it happened again.
Where do I get a "Stem" client?

nice drop for those who have Stem though.

and to all the negative people bitching about the ec list, it's not complete, and besides Amazon still matches Steam's Dailies, Weeklies, and Weekend Deals.

perfect-burger.jpeg

Have X3D file for this Burger

Want Mickey's Castle of Illusions

Tony, if you have a 3d printer, I'll send you the x3d file so you can print out some Xanax.

14.99 is the lowest price i can find right now for Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Would love to see 4.99, it has been that low before. Thanks Tony!

It did hit that during either Halloween or possibly Fall/Black Friday. If you ever see it at $5, grab it. It doesn't go lower.
I watched quite a bit of gameplay video. It's very low on combat, so I decided to pass. Not a big fan of games that are super heavy on dialogue/exploration. I liked the idea...but it just wasn't for me.

It seems that the EC list is just an extended holiday sale, with the better selling games being in the list, with a $5 mark up, and a time limit so that people don't "miss out" and "lose out" over not using the $5 credit.

Genius.

Fyi. ace patrol was $1.

I thought hitman triple threat and legacy of kain were both supposed to be 3.99 until 12/26 ?

Or did that somehow change after the spreadsheet. This is now the second time I've put off buying them; ohh well maybe third time's a charm. Btw - hotline miami's being price matched @ 1.99 - about to go and pick up Gun - damn you and your prices activision but happy holidays to everyone else of course.

I was completely not intending to buy SOTS The Pit and now I have, thanks xephyr80
I know, right? Every day I keep thinking "enough" and then some cheap ass schmuck digs up some $1 or $2 deal on a game that I've been sort of eyeing but not really planning to buy and I'm off to the races again. I hate you all. I should just stop reading CAG until I've cleared up at least half my backlog (which, at current estimates, should last me until I die of old age).

Happy holidays fellow CAGs

[customspoiler='   Red Faction: Armageddon   ']Steam Key E72V2-Q7JKV-43AV2[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='   Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC   ']Steam Key 64QD3-X28H5-B0AW8[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='    A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda    ']Steam Key: 8WCZX-JIJAA-09C58[/customspoiler]

Cyrsis 3 sounds good for EC. I loved 1, but 2 was just good. I'd also like to see Saints Row IV hit 19.99 again, but at this point SRIV GOTY will be $10-12 in either July or November. My mind is still slightly boggled dishonored hit $5 and i passed due to backlog. I was trying to decided on PC or Xbox for Brothers when January Plus news hit. Plus has probably been as much of a contributor to my backlog as Amazon/Steam. It used to be mostly noise but this year it's had a multiple solid hits month after month for me.

Most of the stuff the last couple of years was 'we added $3-4 to all prices.' That said there were a few great deals like the Microsoft arcade pack, Fable 3, etc that Tony got towards the end of January. Bottom line is people should temper their expectations as there are no guarantees the EC deals will be any better than the December deals. Nor is there any 'January sale' planned. Some guy last year kept complaining about being disappointed with the January sale despite the fact there was none promoted. The EC coupons are just the EC coupons. If there end up being sales in January that coincide with the EC it's good fortunate but no one should expect them.
Yeah that was basically my point. I'm just already dreading the torrent of complaining that will happen when there aren't any free games or many games in the $1-2 range. I've seen a bunch of people in this thread talking about how buying a $3 game is basically like getting paid $2 to buy the game and that just isn't the case. I've bought a few things the last few years with EC coupons but it isn't some motherlode of super deep discounts. The rule of thumb should be buy sale games now if its something you want but don't let the coupons sway you and just consider them a bonus.

Cyrsis 3 sounds good for EC. I loved 1, but 2 was just good. I'd also like to see Saints Row IV hit 19.99 again, but at this point SRIV GOTY will be $10-12 in either July or November. My mind is still slightly boggled dishonored hit $5 and i passed due to backlog. I was trying to decided on PC or Xbox for Brothers when January Plus news hit. Plus has probably been as much of a contributor to my backlog as Amazon/Steam. It used to be mostly noise but this year it's had a multiple solid hits month after month for me.
Man, I'd love to play Crysis 1, but I keep reading horror stories about the Amazon version having securom, and it looks like the Steam version has issues working at all.

The downside of PC gaming I guess.

Man, I'd love to play Crysis 1, but I keep reading horror stories about the Amazon version having securom, and it looks like the Steam version has issues working at all.

The downside of PC gaming I guess.
All versions of Crysis 1 have SecuROM, they later upped it to 50 activations. And if that's not enough..

From the OP...

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

Preliminary list, we haven't even heard back from Bethesda yet :).

Cheers,

Tony
Tony, any chance we will see Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on the EC list?

I'll probably check out the Ace Patrol bundle and Final Exam games. :)
The Ace Patrol bundle is a good deal after EC credits, I got both of them from GMG for $1.60 but some people experienced issues with the games not launching on startup. Check out this thread, there are some alternate solutions there but it is hit and miss for now.

Brink Complete for $10 on the EC~
FTFY.

Anybody notice this price on Sword of the Stars: the Pit Gold? http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Stars-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00H7M43GG

Debating getting it despite already owning the base game.
Thanks for the headsup, now I regret purchasing only the 2 DLC for $2 from gamersgate.

why do you want taht game so bad?
I want Brink Complete too because that is the only game I am missing from Bethesda and it has not been 75% off since the summer sale last year so hopefully it will make it to the EC list. :pray:

EC list definitely needs work, prelim looks weak. As for the topic getting negative around it, well... yeah. 2 years ago was godly so when it wasn't even half as good people complained, especially with a sizable amount of people in the topics making sure they've got the credit available. This was compounded more with the really weak start (especially in comparison). It ended pretty good in the end but nothing mind blowing or great. It'd be nice if this year's would fall closer to the former than the latter. Fewer complaints in the topic, matches closer to people's expectations, and leaves 'em happier. Any initial complaints would probably be people expecting it to be like last year's or worse, which that list didn't help. If it ends up that way (or even starts that way) then it's gonna get much, much worse. Starting with a bang definitely matters. 

Does securom harm your computer, like malware?
You're probably thinking of Tages. SecuROM is the most consumer friendly of the limited-activations DRM. You almost certainly have installed it with some game or other without being aware. It's safe. Most CAGs won't touch Tages (e.g. Anno 2070, or Splinter Cell games on GG).. but I believe this is mostly due to very bad things back in the round shiny spinning thing era. We just balk at limited activations.

securom's gone through phases. Early on it was definitely pretty bad and that will include both Dead Space 1 and Crysis. over time it's gotten better. hell, it was only last year when the activation limits went up from 5 to 50 on Crysis. whether it'll mess with your system a bit or not depends on what you've got installed. some people have issues with disc emulation on these older ones (daemon tools, alcohol 120%, etc) while others haven't. kind of hard to tell. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back