Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the number of people regretting not having coupons the last two years is proof enough that "gambling" a few bucks of cheap purchases for potentially $40-$50 of coupon savings is a risk well worth taking.  

Last year I probably had ten or so as I was actually buying games on Amazon versus Steam.  Either their prices were better or the same and I had excess Amazon credit with nothing to spend it on.  This year I have stuff other than games to buy and still have a sizable amount of card monies to spend.  Amazon hasn't really had any jaw dropping deals on stuff I wanted so the relatively modest amount I spent went to Steam.  Gambling on a few twenty cent DLC was the best course of action in my case.

The Magicka collection has been in enough humble bundles, that I'm pretty surprised that there's people don't already have it, or can't get it cheap elsewhere. 

The Magicka collection has been in enough humble bundles, that I'm pretty surprised that there's people don't already have it, or can't get it cheap elsewhere.
None have been 100% complete. In fact, up until recently, Amazon didnt have any magicka dlc or bundles that had any DLC from the past year.

I still don't see them have a DLC bundle without the base game. Steam has one.

That dude on the upper left is totally going for that girl's boob.

Erm, I think that's a guy...?
She a girl... just cause she doesn't have boobs the size of cantaloupes you don't notice them, eh?

Given her expression it looks like he's taking advantage of her inebriated state
ain_t_nothing_wrong_with_being_a_lil_gay_america.jpg

I think the number of people regretting not having coupons the last two years is proof enough that "gambling" a few bucks of cheap purchases for potentially $40-$50 of complaining is a risk well worth taking.
FTFY

None have been 100% complete. In fact, up until recently, Amazon didnt have any magicka dlc or bundles that had any DLC from the past year.

100% complete Magicka

fatestaynight-rinlaughing1.gif

Is this bundle complete? Honestly, I have no clue, I never made it past the tutorial. Best plan would be waiting for the next Steam Magicka sale (which shouldn't be long) and then asking for a price match.

Is this bundle complete? Honestly, I have no clue, I never made it past the tutorial. Best plan would be waiting for the next Steam Magicka sale (which shouldn't be long) and then asking for a price match.
I don't think that DLC pack is complete, the latest Magicka: Dungeons and Gargoyles DLC is only available by itself or the Magicka Collection released in Nov 2013. Their latest DLC bundle that was released this month is still missing that DLC.

I grabbed that one too but I don't have the steam version. The game looks pretty and I like the music, sounds very zen.

So... how do I attach these to my Amazon account so that I can use them when I upgrade my phone in a few months?
You have to download the apps through your phone, I don't think Amazon allows you to get them if you didn't register any Android device on your account.

Is it weird that I'd rather wait years for a possible Steam release than play a game not on Steam?
Nope, I have it in my Xbox backlog so I wasn't gonna get it on PC too, but now that it's been greenlit I'll probably pick it up once someone gets around to putting it on Steam.

[quote name="Detruire" post="11398906" timestamp="1388374342"]I was asking how to attach them to my account without owning an Android device.[/quote]

Pretty sure it's not possible without an Android device.

Is there a way to bookmark this topic so it always takes me to the last page?
I'll tell you but you have to send me a burger first, and some moonshine. ;)

apparently i bought the walking dead for free on december 20th lol, oh well

picked up the cave for my wife's phone, and son's tablet.

Nope, I have it in my Xbox backlog so I wasn't gonna get it on PC too, but now that it's been greenlit I'll probably pick it up once someone gets around to putting it on Steam.
Probably won't happen. It got greenlit after the dev/publisher went bankrupt.

I didn't like Runner 1 much but I did like Runner 2. Are any of these other games actually good?
Bit.Trip Fate - 99¢

Twin stick shooter but movement is limited to the lit trail. Very annoying when fighting the boss at the end of each level.

Bit.Trip Void - 99¢

Absorb all black dots while avoiding the white ones. Since your dot increases size as dots are absorbed, the challenge is to know when to absorb and how long to stay at the same size. Watch the video on steam to get a better idea. I thought it was fun.

Bit.Trip Core - 99¢

Fire lasers in N, S, E, W directions to stop the bullets from passing. Another music rhythm game. (It reminds me of an old arcade game where there is a base in the center of the screen and bombs come in from four directions. Your controls are four lasers to defend the base.)

Bit.Trip Beat - 99¢

Like pong, use your paddle to hit the balls at the right moment. As the game progresses there will be mirrored paddles and short bounce balls that either go back to the same location or over a small arc. Fun game.

If you're happy with non-Steam version try the trade forum, reddit, whatever, for people selling U-Play/Nvidia codes.  If you want the Steam version… you're probably SoL in terms of getting it cheap.

My momma done taught me that a woman's breasts should be larger than her eyes and I just don't think your "girl" qualifies.
She was just trying to steer you clear of the younger ones. ^_~

Snagged, but not Compatible with Nook Color, or Nexus 7.. (or Kindle, as reported)...

So... how do I attach these to my Amazon account so that I can use them when I upgrade my phone in a few months?
Easiest way is to borrow* someone's phone, and sign into the Amazon App from it... voila, Amazon see you have (at one point) had an Android device and will let you buy anything through the web interface (non-compatible stuff is hidden from the app, fyi).

*friend, parole officer, or local Starbucks...

Walking Dead wasn't compatible with any device I own. Still "bought" it but I wonder what it IS compatible with?
Better make it compatible with something if they want to see money then.

One of the reviews says they charge you for episodes despite the "Complete" label.
Complete -- it's all available for purchase. >.<

Easiest way is to borrow* someone's phone, and sign into the Amazon App from it... voila, Amazon see you have (at one point) had an Android device and will let you buy anything through the web interface (non-compatible stuff is hidden from the app, fyi).
And unlike Google Play, you can unregister the android device from Amazon next time. Google Play really need to fix that, it is very inconvenient for those that change their phones often.

I would if I could... none of my friends actually have Android phones (or tablets.)

You mean that's not what the inside of my PC looks like? SSD = nice! I've been meaning to get one of those.

Not sure about Assetto. Tough to tell with early access games.
I was refraining from answering this for multiple reasons...

Take a look at Kunos Simulazioni... they're not your usual early access game dev... check out netKar Pro.

And unlike Google Play, you can unregister the android device from Amazon next time. Google Play really need to fix that, it is very inconvenient for those that change their phones often.
Right. Nod. Too familiar to remember to mention.

Not sure about "last" page, but THIS link should take you to the start of any new posts you haven't read yet.
That just sends you to the your next unread post... one way to do it is to trick it by requesting a page number too high. There's another way to break a link that will result in the same behavior, but page number is obvious and easily understood.

Code:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316950-amazon-pcdd-holiday-sale-6-dark-souls-25-swtor-currency-12-lego-marvel/page-99999

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back