Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It's $19.99 on EC list, $14.99 after coupon. So if you DON'T use $5-coupon, you save additional $5 and get a $5 coupon ;)
Picked it up, but it was $0, since i still had the $30 credit on 2K stuff from Bioshock Infinite. Wonder if i will get a coupon...

Nice if Slingshot and Elite Soldier got matched to Steam...

Deadpool removed from Steam. Better buy your copy from Amazon before it gets pulled :p
That's exactly what I just did. Thanks Tony!

I had a bad feeling about that. I had heard Activision was losing the license and it was definitely unusual to see such a big discount from that publisher.

That's exactly what I just did. Thanks Tony!

I had a bad feeling about that. I had heard Activision was losing the license and it was definitely unusual to see such a big discount from that publisher.
Arent non-COD titles from Activision constantly 75% off?
I know Blur, Transformers, James Bond, Vampire bloodlines are constantly 75% off

Willing to admit i cant name too many activision games

Arent non-COD titles from Activision constantly 75% off?
I know Blur, Transformers, James Bond, Vampire bloodlines are constantly 75% off

Willing to admit i cant name too many activision games
James Bond? You mean the license they purposely killed off a month after they got the game on Steam? And they killed Blur on Steam EXACTLY ONE YEAR AGO.

FWIW I got 'Purchase under review' for Deadpool from Gamefly last night but then I got an email this morning saying it was approved and it gave me the code. No one called and I didn't have to call or anything like that.

I'm cheap and it was worth it to me for the extra $2, however it also wasn't removed from Steam at the time.

One thing I will say is if you get it from Gamefly and get the dreaded 'purchase under review' don't go buy it somewhere else because most likely they will charge you and let the order go through after some hours (or days if they take tomorrow off).

Whats the point of coupons if the games like EW go to more than they were at sale? Sad day.

Praying for 2.50$ or 5$ type deals with coupon since they don't stack. I admit I held out hoping for good EC.

James Bond? You mean the license they purposely killed off a month after they got the game on Steam? And they killed Blur on Steam EXACTLY ONE YEAR AGO.
R.I.P. Blur... musta been due to the licensed cars, name, characters... music?

Does anyone know how long deadpool will be on sale for?
No one knows. It's been pulled from sale at various stores. Surely, about 30 seconds before you decide to buy it.

Same here. Gamefly + Paypal got me a code immediately for $7.99.
Maybe Paypal is the magic Open Sesame for getting Deadpool on Gamefly? I paid with my Discover card, though it's odd because I never had any issues paying that way before.

Oh and re: when is it being removed from Amazon/Gamefly?

Well considering that we are past business hours in the US and tomorrow is a holiday probably not within the next 24 hours, but who knows?

R.I.P. Blur... musta been due to the licensed cars, name, characters... music?

No one knows. It's been pulled from sale at various stores. Surely, about 30 seconds before you decide to buy it.
Which stores was it removed from? I just want to make sure it wasn't removed from Steam by mistake(it's happened before)

guess there's no way to get the Deadpool DLC anymore :(
(any idea how much it was on Steam?)

I just grabbed it off Amazon.com

(is Walking Dead: 400 Days worth it?)
thinking what else to get to stock up on em coupons

Deadpool is a bad game with poor gameplay. If you want Deadpool, read the comics. If you want a good superhero game, go with Batman Origins, City, or Asylum.

Nothing of value is lost when a poorly made game like Deadpool is gone from digital stores like Amazon and Steam. 

Deadpool is a bad game with poor gameplay. If you want Deadpool, read the comics. If you want a good superhero game, go with Batman Origins, City, or Asylum.

Nothing of value is lost when a poorly made game like Deadpool is gone from digital stores like Amazon and Steam.
Wrong! That's 1xp lost to the great perhaps.

voken is trying to stop people from buying it from Amazon/Gamefly so that his copy goes up in value and he can sell it to you later for $100.

It seems the cheapest coupon fodder is Pizza Dude.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005AK36O2

Anyone seen anything cheaper?
those graphics are glorious

Edit: lol...i love how a selling point is "more than 10 pizza ingredients"

I wonder if that's ingredients or toppings. I'm sure it means toppings, but still...that's weak.

Ham, Pepperoni, Pineapple, peppers, olives, onions, tomatoes, sausage, beef, mushrooms, bacon, chicken, anchovies, jalapenos

there's 14 of the top of my head

an Amazon Review for Pizza Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars

I......i......i don't know what to say....., December 4, 2013
By cary
Amazon Verified Purchase

This review is from: Pizza Dude [Download] (Software Download)
Ok i just bought this game and i can honestly say that i......i......i don't know what to say.....but i'll try. I hate to sound mean but dude's face is kinda disturbing to look at and that's strange because the other graphics like the town as a whole is actually pretty good,not bad at all. If you're looking to run into other people,,,, Stop Looking,there is none,oh there's a dog and he's not friendly and a few cars if you care. This game is just ok,you see i'm struggling between i hate it and it's ok because there's still some "Play Value"here but like the title says I......i......i don't know what to say..... I'll just say this if you buy it get it on the reduce not this $5.99 mess their asking for.

voken is trying to stop people from buying it from Amazon/Gamefly so that his copy goes up in value and he can sell it to you later for $100.
What are you doing? I thought we were SteamBox buddies? Stop ruining my diabolical plan to up my Steam account value with Deadpool and selling when I finish my through my backlog (eventually).

44474775.jpg

EDIT: Seriously though, Deadpool is a bad game for bad people. (like the people who made Bad Rats)

First thing : Tony, Please don't accept any phone calls from activision, or emails. You are on Holiday!

Next, would you be able to put the dlc on sale like the base game without asking them? Did they specifically say only the base game should be on sale, and not the dlc? Better put it on sale as well, I'm sure it will sell well anyway, Activision shouldn't mind, "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission", I always say :)

Is there anywhere that has deadpool dlc cheaper than $3?

Went for Deadpool for $8 with the 20% discount coupon and also got the order under review.

Sigh... Should've bought on Amazon instead.

Glad I caught this thing about Deadpool getting de-listed.  Got the base game at Gamefly for $8 and the DLC pack from Amazon for $3 (I really wish I would have bought the DLC pack on sale earlier for way cheaper though).

Glad I caught this thing about Deadpool getting de-listed. Got the base game at Gamefly for $8 and the DLC pack from Amazon for $3 (I really wish I would have bought the DLC pack on sale earlier for way cheaper though).
I really can't bring myself to pay $3 for a DLC that I've heard is not that great for a game I paid $8 for.

I mean I'm all drawn into the hysteria with the rest of the people but I draw my imaginary line in the sand somewhere.

Thanks for the heads up on Deadpool, I ended up missing the Steam sale (where I could've use my Wallet credit...). I think I've been lucky enough to snag all the Activision Marvel DLC before it was delisted previously (for MUA1/2), would NOT be happy to miss more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back