Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Only got 4 coupons, but I'm mostly just looking for AssCreed games and Farcry 3. Everything else I want is from this year and needs to drop MSRP.

Will the X-COM Enemy Within sale be in effect when the promotional credits are active?  The promo credit isn't being applied yet, so I'm holding off in case it will be tomorrow or whenever the promo credits go into effect.

Seems like more than a few people here have 20+ so I'm sure someone can lend you a hand if you go over… 'course they'll charge you $10 for that $5 coupon!
They aren't tied to our accounts anymore?

Any Idea when we'll see that EC list? I gots ta know.
Tony posted a preliminary one a while back. I don't see it in the OP, but ask asheskittty.

She knows all.

Any Idea when we'll see that EC list? I gots ta know.

Hey guys,

Here's an early look at the first batch of stuff that will hit the Editor's Choice list in early January:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Again, note, this list is preliminary, we're still waiting to hear back from most of our pubs/devs.

Cheers,
Tony

Will the X-COM Enemy Within sale be in effect when the promotional credits are active? The promo credit isn't being applied yet, so I'm holding off in case it will be tomorrow or whenever the promo credits go into effect.
No, it goes up to $19.99 by the 3rd, before coupon.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I asked this in the steam thread but does anyone know if I can buy the season pass now and buy the base game later with EC discount? (Bioshock Infinite)
I've done that, but I usually wait until I get the base game activated, before activating the DLC.

I've done that, but I usually wait until I get the base game activated, before activating the DLC.
Well, I guess you can't do it anymore: Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Bioshock Infinite - Season Pass' which requires ownership of 'BioShock Infinite'. Please correct the error and try again.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I asked this in the steam thread but does anyone know if I can buy the season pass now and buy the base game later with EC discount? (Bioshock Infinite)
Yes you can, just buy it as a gift, and when it asks, choose the option to store it in your inventory for later.

I just bought BSI Season Pass for my brother, as a gift. It gave me the option to store it in my inventory, even though I do not own the base game.

Sorry for non-amazon talk, but I know people in the thread have been interested in the game:

The Secret World (physical copy) is on sale at the Microsoft store for $6.99 (should be free shipping, but you may have to pay tax).
\LIKE.

I think that's the cheapest (before any extra charges) that I've seen TSW since the infamous $5.25 GMG price-point (back when subscriptions existed).

EDIT:

Crysis 3 for $5 after coupon... I'd be down for that.
IMHO, it's certainly worth that. :D

EDIT 2:

Do you realize how easy you make it sometimes?
Define "it."

So I see that the Sega pack price lowered to $4.95 but is still unavailable. Was it available and I missed it again or has it not actually been up yet?

I don't get why you feel the need to crap on any suggestion I make lately in the thread. I ask about Mark of the Ninja DLC, you pooh pooh it because it's 50% off, ignoring the package (at near 90% off). I suggest Walking Dead: SI, you pooh pooh it because of rating, while going on about a $2 price point -- wherein that would be the price point ($2.49) if it made it to the EC list.

I don't see you doing it to anyone else. Seriously, what gives?
[MysterD's Rules]

"Backlogging" for me (i.e. anything I don't plan to play anytime soon, but could eventually get to some day) = 75% off or better.

Anything looking to play ASAP (NOW!) = pay whatever I feel like...though 50% off or better is preferred on anything I want ASAP to play ASAP. Doesn't always work out that way, though.

B/c I buy tons of games and try to follow these rules - I am trying to save some money on games while I'm here spending so much. I'm sharing my advice to gamers. If they want to follow them or not - hey, up to them. It's their wallet, $ and their call.

[/MysterD's Rules]

[$2 Club]

$2.49 is still more than $2...I know, I know, it's not much more - but Tony did set a new trend-setting standard for (so-called) "bad game" pricing w/ Aliens: CM + London 2012, IMHO.

Throwing in EC coupons only made it easier for me to jump in - since there's a good chance, I'll be using a good amount of EC coupons.

Also, Amazon DVG makes matters a bit muddier here w/ pricing my percent off rule - since they now charge tax. But, hey - it is what it is.

{shrug}

[/$2 Club]

[Mark of the Ninja]

About the Mark of the Ninja Pack - I already own the base game. So for me. just to get the DLC - eh, this ain't a great deal for myself. Keep in mind - I'm not really super-duper interested in the DLC. It's not like the DLC will offer me Dragonborn-worth of hours of gameplay, you know? I really don't have the want, need, or desire to say trade off an extra base-game copy of Mark (base-game) or anything of that stuff. If I didn't own the base-game - I'd have been already over that deal @ 90% off.

[/Mark of the Ninja]

[Outro]

You don't have to follow my rules, whims, impulses, thoughts, rules, or anything for buying games.

Like anyone else here - you're free to do what you please, when it comes to deals, buying games & whatever.

[/Outro]

Seems like I'll finally be able to get the Dead Space 3 DLC at a cheap price.

You don't have to follow my rules, whims, impulses, thoughts, rules, or anything for buying games.

Like anyone else here - you're free to do what you please, when it comes to deals, buying games & whatever.
And yet you feel the need to impose these "rules" and crap on whatever my suggestions have been recently. The point is, you're not applying these to anyone else's suggestions or queries, so it stands out.

There have been a few stinkers between the releases of ET and Remember Me, I would think.
Yeah, I try to avoid the bad ones. :p

Ain't always easy, though.

Well - FF8 (PSX) was quite a mess and quite mediocre. It was more on and off than a light switch.

EDIT:

Driver 2 on PSX probably would've been decent - if it wasn't for the tons of freezes, slow-downs, graphical glitches, and other madness.

The "on foot" stuff wasn't so hot, either.

It's that bad? Tell me why. I was thinking of getting it and now I have these question marks floating over my head.
If you mean Remember Me, I wouldn't call it bad so much as underachieved, over hyped and poorly reviewed. It looked like something I'd like, so I bought it myself. I think there were some initial impressions that it was going to be an open world similar to AssCred, but instead it is very linear.

It's that bad? Tell me why. I was thinking of getting it and now I have these question marks floating over my head.
So, you're an NPC now in an ARPG?

Cool - give me a quest! :D

EDIT:

If you mean Remember Me, I wouldn't call it bad so much as underachieved, over hyped and poorly reviewed. It looked like something I'd like, so I bought it myself. I think there were some initial impressions that it was going to be an open world similar to AssCred, but instead it is very linear.
I have no problem w/ linearity in games.

I never had the impression that Remember Me was going to be open-world - probably b/c I read a lot of reviews on it, that seemed to mention that it was linear.

I also don't think every game needs to an open-world experience, either.

So, you're an NPC now in an ARPG?

Cool - give me a quest! :D
Spend the rest of the year only buying games at 75% or less. If you complete this quest you will get $5 credit for everything purchased from November through December 2014 and a wooden club with "Tony" carved in it.

The combat is pretty dreadful in Remember Me, especially after the Arkham games showed how hand to hand should be in a third person action game. It wouldn't be so bad if dodging didn't seem to break your combo constantly, but it does. And you spend a lot of time dodging.

Spend the rest of the year only buying games at 75% or less. If you complete this quest you will get $5 credit for everything purchased from November through December 2014 and a wooden club with "Tony" carved in it.
I might as well turn my quest in as FAILED right now. ;)

I know there'll be some game I'll just be so weak and budge on, spending less than 75% off on. It happens a few times a year, normally - especially with something like The Witcher 3 coming this year.

EDIT:

The combat is pretty dreadful in Remember Me, especially after the Arkham games showed how hand to hand should be in a third person action game. It wouldn't be so bad if dodging didn't seem to break your combo constantly, but it does. And you spend a lot of time dodging.
I like the combat and combo system in Remember Me. It has a bit of a different style and flow to it b/c you do have to dodge + move around quite a bit more - especially later on, when you get more enemies, combos, and things thrown at you.

EDIT 2:

\LIKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back