Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony - I was going to suggest a series of private SG giveaways to solve your code distribution problem, but I see you've already moved on to the CheapyD machine option. I would still suggest it be a giveaway per game with N winners rather than any random code in a single contest. That way folks can get a shot at what they need and stay out of those that they don't. All of that assumes folks behave themselves. And we all know what happens when we assume...

PS - How in the wide world of sports do you keep up with these threads?!?
Lol, I spend hours reading them.

Source: I just watched 2 episodes of Battlestar Galactica while reading through this post to multiquote.

So asheskitty gets one of each code for his/her contributions and the rest of us knife fight for the rest
Haha, I've hooked up the kitty with at least one game so far (or offered to?) for her ridiculous contributions.

Ashes, if we never got that sorted out make sure to hit me up.

Amazon doesn't own the delivery company...yet. The drones are coming.

Viper_Probe_Droid_Hoth.jpg
My friends and I have made so many Amazon Drone vs. Google Robot memes in the past several months lol.

As if Paddington could be degraded to the level of a DLC.
Paddington would be honored to be on sale for $0.30 :).

Just a note for those looking for EC deals, if the EC discounts go live tonight at midnight (or soon thereafter) and the current steam price match of Bioshock Infinite @ $9.99 stays in place, then Bioshock Infinite will be available for $4.99, which is the cheapest it has been anywhere thus far. Of course that's a lot of things that have to fall into place.
Heyo,

Sorry about the confusion here, I thought I'd clarified this. The actual EC sales start on 1/4, the coupons will start going out within 48 hours of 1/3.

The reason for this has to do with some changes in our couponing system and the way it talks to everything else. In order to make sure that everyone (crosses fingers) has coupons on 1/4 we needed to distribute on 1/3.

Hope that makes sense.

Has anyone received their $5 promotional credit emails yet? I thought we'd see them before Jan 3.
See above.

How long in hours till the rest of the Amazon sale ends?
It ends in about 25 hours.

This probably cannot be stated enough. This isn't one big flash sale, it's an entire month of cool deals that gradually get added.

If you use all your coupons right away, you are going to be one of those people that a week later wishes you had more coupons. Or one of those people who gets angry because the last day had a price matching deal that ended up better than something posted on the first.

That isn't to say I'm not looking forward to it myself. Past years I've been content with only a few coupons, but I skipped a lot this year, and so took that extra cheapass step and bought some super cheap DLC/games for some extra coupons.
+1000 basically the way this works is the team and I will talk to publishers ALL JANUARY and say "guys, this thing is huge, you want to participate, this is why, here are our suggestions." and we'll start getting deals back as the month progresses, people get back from vacation, and conversations move forward.

Also, sorry I was MIA this afternoon, I had dinner plans that weren't conducive to phone usage.

Cheers,
Tony

so how do we sign up for the contest for the codes? >_<

there was a post about sending them to cheapyD, and a CAG automated tool or something.

or is it still a knife fight to try to snag a Dead Island Riptide code in a massive post?

or did i already miss the whole thing pages ago ^_^

Bah!

The main thing I wanted to mention was that I sent those keys over to Cheapy and I believe he's getting the tool set up now.

Either he or I will post as soon as it is ready :).

Cheers,
Tony

My friend is a silent enthusiast, he literally swear by Noctua fans.

logo.jpg
^_^ I've wanted to try those but I never got around to it... My Antec Tri-Cool's work well enough, that I don't want to futz with my now 5 year old build. Antec P182, Zalman CPNS9700 on my 95 Watt Phenom X3 720 BE, and ASUS Direct CUII GTX 660 (replaced EVGA GTX 260 SC). It's quiet, there's room for improvement, but it's sufficient. I still feel it's slightly louder than my prior build, Antec Solo (original version), X2-3800 w/Zalman CPNS 7700 CU &amp; 7900 GT w/Zalman copper heatsink/fan, Antec Fans, and all fans controlled via pots on the front. *silent* is my MacBook Air.

I still haven't seen a great case review that wouldn't make me want to reuse my Antec P182 (or maybe Antec Solo... I dislike the top fan opening on the P182)

I would just like to say what I think most are thinking: If you don't have an avatar I DON'T KNOW YOU AND AS SUCH YOU ARE LURKER SCUM!

Seriously, it take two seconds and I won't have to remember your name anymore.
Those without avatars are dispensable and forgettable, like stormtroopers.

CAG is picky about how big how big it is, so you will likely have to resize it prior to uploading to get it to work. Also .png images sometimes screw up, so if it's in that or another less common format converting it to a .jpg might also do the trick.
And under 100KB... CAG 2.0 was under 20 KB... I spent a good bit of time reworking a blinking kitty gif for my first avatar. Also, back in my day you had to reach a certain CAG status to be able to have an avatar or sig...

Have you ever walked into a library and asked the lady behind the desk to look at her backlog? If so, how well did that go down?
I wrote about in it my book, Lillykat in the Land of ​Lesbian Librarians. ;)

I think we just went crazy since the Steam holiday sale never started last year. :D
When's the Summer Sale start?

Oh also, if a bunch of you are going to get Defiance, does anyone want to play some this weekend if I'm around? I'd be down for getting a Cag group going to at least check it out.

Cheers,

Tony

You guys are talking about fans on the same day my case fan burned out, a nasty smell was coming from it even. If Corsair doesn't replace it I think I'll get a Bitfenix Spectre 200mm.

So is this contest thing happening tonight? Doesn't look like it.

You guys are talking about fans on the same day my case fan burned out, a nasty smell was coming from it even. If Corsair doesn't replace it I think I'll get a Bitfenix Spectre 200mm.

So is this contest thing happening tonight? Doesn't look like it.
Corsair has really good support. Is it still under warranty? I asked for 2 new fans and they shipped them to me without requiring me to send any back, and didn't charge for anything.

I would like to see the following games on the ec list:

-State of Decay
-Contrast
-Assassins Creed 4
-Deadfall Adventures (this game is still far too overpriced and needs a huge pricedrop as incentive!)
-Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass
-Telltale Games The Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 2

I think we just went crazy since the Steam holiday sale never started last year. :D
XD

But yeah, I just hate that people have to smash someone for something they asked about whether they asked nicely or not. Just either answer or ignore, no need to rile someone up more. And other people who just quote to say 'goodbye' and crap like that. Good way to represent.

tldr Be nice, people. Or just don't post.

Weird... I've never had fans burn... but I never wind up stressing them. I also keep my case pretty darn clean... (clean filters regularly, liberal use of my Giottos Rocket Blaster (common photography / optical bench accessory) .. and deep cleaning with a air blasted from a shop compressor once a year.

I did kill my share of power supplies until swearing feality to SeaSonic.

Oh also, if a bunch of you are going to get Defiance, does anyone want to play some this weekend if I'm around? I'd be down for getting a Cag group going to at least check it out.

Cheers,

Tony
By "getting" do you mean in the contest or EC? I could be up for this. I'm planning on getting it somehow sometime in January. :)

Cheers,

Tony
Didn't Defiance turn into f2p or something? Or maybe it just reduced its price by a bunch. Wasn't there some controversy after a steam sale where it was on sale for like $10 it dropped in price not on sale to what the sale price was or something like that? Regardless I've thought the game looked interesting but it seems most people only have negative things to say about it.

Corsair has really good support. Is it still under warranty? I asked for 2 new fans and they shipped them to me without requiring me to send any back, and didn't charge for anything.
The case is under warranty, hopefully the fans are included.

Weird... I've never had fans burn... but I never wind up stressing them. I also keep my case pretty darn clean... (clean filters regularly, liberal use of my Giottos Rocket Blaster (common photography / optical bench accessory) .. and deep cleaning with a air blasted from a shop compressor once a year.

My case is clean, the fan is set to medium. It's at the top of my case and I've been reading that this position stresses fans.

My case is clean, the fan is set to medium. It's at the top of my case and I've been reading that this position stresses fans.

By "getting" do you mean in the contest or EC? I could be up for this. I'm planning on getting it somehow sometime in January. :)

Didn't Defiance turn into f2p or something? Or maybe it just reduced its price by a bunch. Wasn't there some controversy after a steam sale where it was on sale for like $10 it dropped in price not on sale to what the sale price was or something like that? Regardless I've thought the game looked interesting but it seems most people only have negative things to say about it.
Yeah, we're giving 100 something keys away, I assume most of the regulars will get one :). I've asked Cheapy to let me give you guys some lead time and to do it during regular hours tomorrow so people don't miss out.

Also, LN, we're only going to be able to use the tool for Defiance, is your offer still open to handle the rest?

Cheers,

Tony

Yeah, we're giving 100 something keys away, I assume most of the regulars will get one :). I've asked Cheapy to let me give you guys some lead time and to do it during regular hours tomorrow so people don't miss out.

Also, LN, we're only going to be able to use the tool for Defiance, is your offer still open to handle the rest?

Cheers,

Tony
You should just drop the metro and f1 keys now then =)

It's just gotten really cheap to buy, and it's never had a subscription model of any kind so there's that.

It's actually pretty fun. I haven't been able to get too far into it, but what I have played is great. Like a lot of people have said, it's like a more serious Borderlands.

Heyo,

Sorry about the confusion here, I thought I'd clarified this. The actual EC sales start on 1/4, the coupons will start going out within 48 hours of 1/3.

The reason for this has to do with some changes in our couponing system and the way it talks to everything else. In order to make sure that everyone (crosses fingers) has coupons on 1/4 we needed to distribute on 1/3.

Hope that makes sense.
If the coupons are going out within 48 hours of the 3rd, does that mean that we may not have any to use on the 4th?

Cheers,

Tony
Should be able to get at least a dozen of us (if we win, that is!)

If not I wouldn't be apposed to helping out (yes I promise I won't take any aside from 1 for Contrast for myself).
Same here. ;)

It's actually pretty fun. I haven't been able to get too far into it, but what I have played is great. Like a lot of people have said, it's like a more serious Borderlands.
Sounds good me then, I'm playing through borderlands 2 dlc as we speak trying to get to lvl 50. Speaking of, one of the chicks in Tony's picture looks just like Captain Scarlett (hadn't played the dlc when I saw the picture the first time in its big version and I don't remember what characters they were cosplay for).

If the coupons are going out within 48 hours of the 3rd, does that mean that we may not have any to use on the 4th?
Everyone should get their first batch of keys on the fourth, the 48 hour thing should only to apply to folks who have like 5+ keys, they should get the first one(s) on the 3rd/4th and then possibly some more on the 5th.

Does that makes sense?

Cheers,

Tony

Sounds good me then, I'm playing through borderlands 2 dlc as we speak trying to get to lvl 50. Speaking of, one of the chicks in Tony's picture looks just like Captain Scarlett (hadn't played the dlc when I saw the picture the first time in its big version).
Those are my coworkers, they cosplay, one of them professionally from time to time. Paddington loves them so I couldn't resist the opportunity to get him in a few pictures with them. They are two of my favorite people.

Cheers,

Tony

Sounds good me then, I'm playing through borderlands 2 dlc as we speak trying to get to lvl 50. Speaking of, one of the chicks in Tony's picture looks just like Captain Scarlett (hadn't played the dlc when I saw the picture the first time in its big version and I don't remember what characters they were cosplay for).
That's because it is a Captain Scarlet cosplay :D

It started out at $60, then a couple of months later the base price dropped to $10.

Everyone should get their first batch of keys on the fourth, the 48 hour thing should only to apply to folks who have like 5+ keys, they should get the first one(s) on the 3rd/4th and then possibly some more on the 5th.

Does that makes sense?

Cheers,

Tony
I think so: we should get at least a few on the 3rd/early on the 4th, but it could take up to three days in total (for those of us with a bunch) to get the whole lot?

Tony, thank you for clarifying the EC and putting together the code giveaway.  Getting late, will check in  tomorrow night.  Good luck everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back