Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up not saving any codes, since there were just too many people who PM'd, I felt it was probably unfair to do so.

However, I few people did end up changing their mind after they won, so I'll drop them (oops).

Double Fine 4 Pack CNMJH-3KZLX-GT8BR
Double Fine 4 Pack 7D35C-C7DRH-WBE2W
Metro Last Light 7P97R-FY8EC-BWEXY
Metro Last Light 6ZQL5-MM3VT-C2V9C

I still have 2 copies of Grid 2 for Playstation 3, if someone wants it, let me know. And 3 copies of Burnout Paradise for Origin.
I'll take Grid 2 ....Thanks!

I ended up not saving any codes, since there were just too many people who PM'd, I felt it was probably unfair to do so.

However, I few people did end up changing their mind after they won, so I'll drop them (oops).
Super ultra ninja lurkers are too quick for me!

Super ultra ninja lurkers are too quick for me!
no doubt...at least they could say "thanks"

that being said, is the EC list final? because if it is I'm majorly dissapointed with selection of games, especially when I have 10 coupons at my disposal....

I still have 2 copies of Grid 2 for Playstation 3, if someone wants it, let me know. And 3 copies of Burnout Paradise for Origin.
PMd you for Grid 2 if you still have a code.

Id like Grid 2 please.

that being said, is the EC list final? because if it is I'm majorly dissapointed with selection of games, especially when I have 10 coupons at my disposal....
I recall there being more added in the last two ECs. It's a whole month so changes usually happen maybe once a week.

I know, right? It was like.. well at least CAG should resume to a more normal pace post-Steam Sale and pre-EC.
yeah, usually when i got home from work during the steam sale, there were like 350-500 notifications. so i was expecting that to drop off a bit. then i come home today...over 900(!!!??!?) notifications. luckily i could skip most of them because it was a bunch of people i didnt know salivating over ln3000

Could someone explain to me what I've missed in very few words? I got internet cut for 1 week and now I see people happy with free keys? WTH? Why great stuff happen when Im gone? :)

Another drop missed, all hope is lost.

Going to lay in the fetal position and panic about Last Light not being on the EC page right now, even though it'll probably show up on there later.

Not every thing added to the EC coupon eligibility last year was added to the official EC list page.

I had a hard time keeping up with what was added just by Tony's posts alone.

Can we expect the same this year?

Wow, I got a PM in right at 4:07 and no dice. Oh well, congrats to everyone that won something.

Thanks for the time and effort LN and Tony.

So if Amazon gave away keys for the Collector's edtion of Contrast does that mean the version they are selling is the collector's edtion? I'd definitely get it with one of my EC  coupons if that were the case.

Thanks for the giveaways Tony and LN3000! I hope some others can enjoy these:

Saints Row The Third:  
JQ3PY-FBE6F-D8TN(second letter after O)

Darksiders II:  
RJFW4-62F2D-PT26(first letter before H)

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet:  
6574G-7DGVK-K64A(6+3-2)

Mass Effect 2 (origin):  
6RSJ-NFDS-GRVJ-XKXS-857(first letter after B)

Garshap The Monster Slayer:  
JZAVA-8GZNT-6I69(second letter before V)

Dungeon Hearts:  
2T00V-7HQ4Q-RGJP(5-3+7)

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club:  
DAIWC-EIMM0-K5VM(first letter after S)

Lucius:  
9KM3R-JWBRP-CPF4(second letter after J)

A Valley Without Wind 1/2:
JFN7R-LL2RQ-8XTR(first letter before N)

Crusader Kings II:
6IXLP-04A67-R672(second letter after P)

I confess I haven't been following the thread as closely as usual, but I think that Tony mentioned trying get a group to play Defiance this weekend (tomorrow?). I bought it a few weeks ago and I'm just getting around to installing it, and I would be up for something like that.

Maybe it would make sense to have a Steam group for CAG - Defiance? Idiotekque set one up for The Secret World and it's not super active, but it does list people's character names. It would not be necessary to own a steam version of defiance, the point of the group would be to help with scheduling and knowing who is around.

I have no idea how things work in Defiance in terms of servers (like if we would all need to be on the same server) or guilds or whatever, so if someone else wants to set up a group, I'm totally fine with it, but I'm happy to get the ball rolling too.

Saints Row The Third:

Darksiders II:

6574G-7DGVK-K64A(6+3-2)

Mass Effect 2 (origin):

Dungeon Hearts:
2T00V-7HQ4Q-RGJP(5-3+7)

Lucius:

Crusader Kings II:
Got Darksiders 2...thanks!

Saints Row The Third:

Darksiders II:

6574G-7DGVK-K64A(6+3-2)

Mass Effect 2 (origin):

Dungeon Hearts:
2T00V-7HQ4Q-RGJP(5-3+7)

Lucius:

Crusader Kings II:
The two I checked have already been snagged... unbelievable. Not my night :)

Saints Row The Third:

Darksiders II:

6574G-7DGVK-K64A(6+3-2)

Mass Effect 2 (origin):

Dungeon Hearts:
2T00V-7HQ4Q-RGJP(5-3+7)

Lucius:

Crusader Kings II:
Thanks for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Just got home from work to see I got Metro: Last Light.  Thanks so much LN and Tony!  I was almost last for work while waiting for the code drop to happen, so I had to leave immediately after I messaged LN w/o knowing if I got anything or not.

Thanks again, you guys are awesome.

Defiance is the 1 game i want over the others. Can't wait for the giveaway.
Ditto. I mean, I can always buy it for $5 on Amazon (would get 2 copies so I can use a coupon, if it's included int he EC collection). But FREE is always preferred.

Didn't win anything this time..

I had to log into work after spending all day in thread and of course 2 more Metro Light code were given at 930PM as soon as I don't look in it anymore lol..

Congrats to all who won, and hope to good deals tomorrow.

I've never seen Amazon PM Origin. It won't happen.

BTW, Contrast was the collector's edition.
You have to listen to the soundtrack, there are 2 tracks inside sung by Laura Ellis, track 12 - Softly is my favourite. The collector's edition is definitely worth having and congratulations for winning that.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway Tony and LN3000. Congrats to all those who won.

Just one thing to say to you, though, LN3000. Andre 3000 did it first. Don't be an asshat. ;)

Congrats to those that won and thanks to LN3000 and Tony for getting it done.

Now to go have a few drinks to drown away the tears of not winning a game :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back