Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, we can't agree whether the EC list currently has good deals, but can we at least agree on " fuck you the Hunger Ga-ames"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwb2glCshzY

Can't wait to see what else is added to the EC list, I'm looking forward to spending my 13 coupons. I doubt there will be 13 things I don't have already worth buying, but maybe for friends or to trade.  It'd be nice if some of the PS3 DD counted toward the promotion, or if there was a way to use to coupon on some EC items for that store, but keeping it PC only isn't so bad as long as the deals are worthwhile and/or better than what they were last month on sale.

Thank you both. Bioshock looks good and its a buy for me, a little surprised at the price of the secret world though. Hopefully the sega pack shows up sometime this month.

Tangent: Playing thru defiance right now, its really mediocre.
At first I was loving Defiance. First day into my trial though and it's wearing out it's welcome :(

Defiance giveaway is live.

Click on "Giveaways" on the bottom of this page.

It's confusing where to enter your code once you get it. Here's how to do it:

1. Get your code.
2. Go to trionworlds.com
3. Click on "register" at the top.
4. After you get registered, click on "sign in"
5. You should get to your account page, where you can click on "Apply code" at the top.

1. Get your code.
2. Go to trionworlds.com
5. You should get to your account page, where you can click on "Apply code" at the top.
Worked ... thanks man

/ 1000 likes

Apparently I haven't been a registered CAG long enough to be able to participate

Lamesauce

Oh well....I probably would've never even played defiance anywayz

1. Get your code.
2. Go to trionworlds.com
Got my code and activated! Thanks!

Apparently I haven't been a registered CAG long enough to be able to participate

Lamesauce

"(Requirement expires on 04 January 2014 - 09:44 PM)"

So hope that there is still codes in a few days.

If anyone wants to play Defiance with me, my in-game name is Evelynn Drew.

Fun fact: once you register, you can play the game on Steam using their free demo. Just enter your user name and password you used when you registered for the game.

Lamesauce

Yeah was surprised to see the one year requirement .. seems kind of "high" I would have went with something more around 3 months or so .. just to prevent "lurkers"

Also .. so not to double post ... I thought Tony wanted this to go live during "busy" hours .. not 1:30 am PST .. was not expectingthis when I refreshed. Was going to wait until tommorow to check again.

1. Get your code.
2. Go to trionworlds.com
Thank you for the Defiance code :) Amazon and CAG rock :)

"(Requirement expires on 04 January 2014 - 09:44 PM)"

So hope that there is still codes in a few days.
It's probably better this way haha - I already plan on picking up the secret world w/an amazon credit...that's more than enough MMO action for me. I don't need another game in my backlog.

1. Get your code.
2. Go to trionworlds.com
Activated! Thanks!

Yeah was surprised to see the one year requirement .. seems kind of "high" I would have went with something more around 3 months or so .. just to prevent "lurkers"

Also .. so not to double post ... I thought Tony wanted this to go live during "busy" hours .. not 1:30 am PST .. was not expectingthis when I refreshed. Was going to wait until tommorow to check again.
Hope I'm not in trouble for telling everyone :( I was just checking the giveaway section before going to bed :(

Heads Up

There are something called "Arkfall Codes" that will give you some starting advantages. take a look at all the codes and what to do here:

http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

All 166 codes are at the bottom. only need 120 of em.

Edit: while in-game, there will be a "Store". you can claim your stuff at the bottum under Redeem i think.

Apparently 1 year isn't long enough registered as a CAG to get a code.  That sucks.  Looks like I'm out for this weekend :(

Edit:  Looks like I'm 27 days shy of the requirement, bah!  If anyone eligible to get a code but already has/doesn't want the game I'd appreciate one.

What's the big deal about Defiance? Reviews were decidedly 'meh'.

Or is this just about FREE STUFF!!11! ?
it's actually a pretty good game. it didn't get as good reviews because it wasn't a revolutionary as it said it was going to be with the TV crossover and stuff. it's not the best game ever made by any means, but it's still really good.

What's the big deal about Defiance? Reviews were decidedly 'meh'.

Or is this just about FREE STUFF!!11! ?
I expected to not care for the trial when I started today, but I'm REALLY enjoying it. Hit a lull a few hrs ago, but now I found some nice loot and the game's picking up again :)

Thanks Amazon, CAG, Tony, Cheapy, Santa, Easter Bunny, my first girl willing to let me try anal, Jeff, Chris, Jesus, Buddha, Mom, Dad, Satan, Karl "some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade" Childers, the fully nude lap dancer in FL that totally gave me blue balls after that hour long grind, Little Jim, Big Jim, Slim Jim and anyone else I may have forgotten.

came to see if there was info on the amazon sale that is coming, and ended up with a defiance code instead... cool beans lol

I had been meaning to check this out, so this is awesome... I can try it out and see if it's something I want to play with my wife now ^^.

*goes back to searching for details about the sale that is starting soon*

came to see if there was info on the amazon sale that is coming, and ended up with a defiance code instead... cool beans lol

I had been meaning to check this out, so this is awesome... I can try it out and see if it's something I want to play with my wife now ^^.

Link. Sig. Look.

It's not really a sale, some games will have discounts and others won't. it's mainly a list of games some peiple from amazon thought were good as well as games that have to be put there because their ublishers want them there.

For every Digital purchase you mad ebetween November 21st and December 31st you got 1 EC coupon which is good for $5 off any one game on the EC list, you can have more than one coupon, but they cannot be stacked on one purchase. But if you have 5 coupons, you can get $5 off 5 seperate purchases. if you have any EC coupons you should have gotten an e-mail about them today and they will automatically be applied to your account (no way to view them on your account though). However they will not become active until Jauary 4th (tomorrow). once tomorrow rolls around, all of the games on the EC list should have their prices adjusted to their EC promo price if they have one. Prices will change throughout the sale, some games will be removed and a lot of games will be added throughout the next month, so don't blow all of your coupons at once. also, you have a chance at getting some really good deals if one of the games on the EC gets pricematched to a steam sale.

When logged in via Defiance.com, click on the My Ego tab and input the first 6 digit code they emailed you after activating your game. A 2nd code will soon follow. Then go to:

http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

and enter all of those codes for bonus stuff.
Posted that last page, but it is something everyone who is gonna play defiance should do. the 10 minutes you spend doing this will be well worth it for the stuff/perks you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back