Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should have a fake birthday for all the blasted sites that want to know my birthday but don't have any legit reason for knowing.
Maybe they're just interested in your life and how things are with you. Why won't you let anyone get close to you? :cry:

That other Amazon EC thread makes me wish there was a way to nail a thread shut and set it on fire or toss it into a river. Not both though since that would be counterproductive.

Like.  I'll add this to my sig-post.

Thank :) .. I updated it seems Tony did not put the 505 games in the OP. They are now in the spreadsheet.

Also when new game are added I will also add them to the spreadsheet.

Anybody know how long/short the Aliens: CM - Stasis Interrupted DLC is?
um i play a bit it has 2 campaign played there three total campaign the girl one is not long but good and the two guys is littlle long and theen i got stuck. might as well geet season pass cause the bug hunt is fun if u have friends to play with

I decided to only buy Stasis since I will probably never play multiplayer in that game. It seemed like the better deal.
I did the same.

The Bug Hunt mode sounds good, but there's almost zero chance that I'll ever have anyone to play it with (and I'm not going to pay almost $3 to play that kind of thing solo.)

I'm also not interested in regular MP map-packs, nor in paying for weapons or skins that cost more than a few cents.

I rarely post, but for the most part I keep up with the happenings in the thread. I just wanted to echo your sentiments.

The first thing I did when registering for the forum was to upload my avatar. Why?

An avatar is something you bring to the forum and is something you have likely given some thought to choose. In other words you've invested something of yourself into it if you've chosen it.

Posting an avatar tells people you respect the forum by giving others a glimpse of your personality and that you are at least putting forth a bit of effort to be a part of the forum. Posting without an avatar implies that you couldn't be bothered even for such an easy process, and by inference, implies in future interactions you likely wouldn't invest much effort to being informed in ongoing topics within the forums. So when an avatar-less poster asks questions it tends to reinforce that impression, justified or not. / $.02 :)
Agreed. It seems stupid, but there's a lot of small psychological inferences that can be drawn by whether or not somebody has an avatar, as you pointed out. Additionally, it gives you a "face" to attach to your name. It makes you easier to remember: http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/2006/10/25/actually-a-picture-is-worth-15-1/. Humans are strongly visually driven entities, and a lot of assumptions get made based off of solely how you look. W/an avatar, you choose the visual identity you present...you can choose something that either actually is you, or represents you in some way. Or you can choose to present nothing, and get looped in w/all the other people with no face. Fair or not, to an extent, until you post for a long time w/no avatar, people lop you in with all the things everybody else w/no avatar has posted, due to that visual tie. Speaking generally, if that's cool w/you, that's fine, but you could also choose to visually separate yourself with the click of a button.

Really, all in all, the positives of having an avatar just outweigh the negatives of having to spend the 5 minutes, max (like, if you have no idea what to make your avatar and need to brainstorm for a few minutes) it takes to find and load an avatar.

My CC banks whined about GMG when using CC through paypal. It's due to foreign site, and looks like a possible gambling (gaming) site.
I guess I should clarify paying through Papyal via my Paypal balance, since I usually have a fair bit from misc sales. Never had issues with other UK purchases though, regardless of payment method, just with GMG and using my CC.

I guess I should clarify paying through Papyal via my Paypal balance, since I usually have a fair bit from misc sales. Never had issues with other UK purchases though, regardless of payment method, just with GMG and using my CC.
It's been mentioned quite a few times, but the "gaming" in the name causes some paranoid banks to assume that it's a gambling site.

GMG shows up as a charge from California on my card now when paying with a CC through Paypal.  I used to be charged a foreign transaction fee, but that stopped, maybe 6 months ago or so.  I know they are out of the UK.

if you buy a disc copy of The Secret World, can the CD Key be actiavted on Steam? i'm trying to decide between getting it on Amazon or from the Microsoft Store Sale. if the disc copy can be activated on Steam i'd prefer going with that.

Fifa was originally discussed on the EC preliminary list at $28.99 and I'd inquired about the possibility of EA listing it at $23-24.99 and heard nothing back. Regardless, I don't see it even on current list of EC dailyish deals and it is sitting at $39.99 at the moment. Any updates?

Also, I went and added an avatar so no-one would yell at me

if you buy a disc copy of The Secret World, can the CD Key be actiavted on Steam? i'm trying to decide between getting it on Amazon or from the Microsoft Store Sale. if the disc copy can be activated on Steam i'd prefer going with that.
No. Only Steam-bought copies activate on Steam.

wat. so u say singularity is good but u complain? i dont get it
MysterD has never openly admitted to a game being bad, so he must subliminally complain about them.

This!. I've never seen Crysis 1 Max under $7.50... and yet Crysis 3 has finally hit $5...
That's how they get you.

"Well I guess I will have to buy Crysis 1 first to understand 3, here's my money and my soul EA"

Don't be like that. There's plenty of dudes out there that would probably be interested in you.

{Not me, of course.}
I heard Tebow is single.

Which was true prior to being able to change your name.
But you can change your avatar too, so who's to say anyone is who they say they are?

I don't really get the logic here.
If people don't read and only post then I'm not sure what a picture will do; your post wasn't being read anyway. Not sure there's really a way to reach people like that as that's the type that'll ask the same question of one two pages ago and/or is answered in your sig. If it's a different type then uh... I don't know who you mean. Figure either you're reading the topic or not. If you are, avatar is secondary or tertiary to the posts. If you aren't then you're just ignoring all the efforts done by others and a picture won't be changing that.
I didn't read your post, but I'm gonna say it's about bacon.

So I thought you deserved an avatar:

Bacon_by_NeoManablade.jpg

You don't?

I always knew there was something off about you.
Spoder wasn't born, he self mutated off a spider egg that fell in a vat of secret chemicals which gave him super powers to fight giant robots.

Or do I have that mixed up...

Well I mean...that is also true. You guys aren't ready to see a tree penis.
So you're saying you've got wood?

...I know where the door is, thanks...

Fifa was originally discussed on the EC preliminary list at $28.99 and I'd inquired about the possibility of EA listing it at $23-24.99 and heard nothing back. Regardless, I don't see it even on current list of EC dailyish deals and it is sitting at $39.99 at the moment. Any updates?
Just wanted to add a sidenote to this: Last year, FIFA 13 was part of the EC. $19.99 before credit. Ended up being one of my best purchases of the entire year.

I would be tempted to bite at $23ish before credit, match last year's deal and it's an instabuy for me.

Contrast for 7 might be a good deal. Other than that, nothing else looks decent (that I need). Hope the last half of Jan looks better! Then again, hopefully this all just means we get past the bargin bin stuff (aka EA games) before the good stuff actually comes out :p

People should know that Marlow Briggs has extreme screen tearing issues that don't go away via all of the usual methods, I've found no way to get rid of it. Best I can do is disable vsync and it minimizes the tearing to a certain extent. I regret buying the game. I paid around $3... if you can look past the tearing and the game looks good to you I'd say it's probably worth $2.50 after the credit. That tearing is somewhat of a deal breaker for me.
Thanks for the info. That would indeed give me pause at a higher price. To me it's worth a shot and other than that it does generally have good user reviews.

All this talk on avatars.  When what I really want is a great deal on Injustice.

Also - I saw the discussion a few pages back about Arkham Origins.  I bought it a few months ago, finished it quickly.  I loved AA / AC, I loved this too, but it really was more of the same.  As I've seen others comment, the story was stronger than AC, but the mechanics were largely unchanged.  So I'd recommend a buy, but don't go into it expecting an evolutionary step from AC.

Contrast for 7 might be a good deal. Other than that, nothing else looks decent (that I need). Hope the last half of Jan looks better! Then again, hopefully this all just means we get past the bargin bin stuff (aka EA games) before the good stuff actually comes out :p
There was a fair bit of talk about Contrast earlier in the Steam thread but TL;DR = Interesting concept that doesn't live up to potential and short. Wait for a bundle.

Even if you ignore that advice it was $3 on GMG a few days ago so that being said $7 doesn't sound like such a good deal.

Just wanted to add a sidenote to this: Last year, FIFA 13 was part of the EC. $19.99 before credit. Ended up being one of my best purchases of the entire year.

I would be tempted to bite at $23ish before credit, match last year's deal and it's an instabuy for me.
Yeah, think I got 12 for the same price two years ago. Wasn't going to get overly hopeful based on the preliminary listing price.

There was a fair bit of talk about Contrast earlier in the Steam thread but TL;DR = Interesting concept that doesn't live up to potential and short. Wait for a bundle.

Even if you ignore that advice it was $3 on GMG a few days ago so that being said $7 doesn't sound like such a good deal.
Ah really? I got it for $7.50 during the Steam "sale" for my gf because she loved the art design. Stupid deals!

I wouldn't mind getting in on some Defiance group play.  Need to clear up space to install it though.  I don't think it's super huge, but still pretty big.  

That's how they get you.

"Well I guess I will have to buy Crysis 1 first to understand 3, here's my money and my soul EA"
Didn't work... I got C2 in the HB and I was hoping C1 would be the 2nd week add... I just want C1 max... and I'm not paying $7.50 for it. Sheesh, that's an old game that hasn't broken the $7.50 mark even though both of it's sequels have.

Harrumph! <waits>

I wouldn't mind getting in on some Defiance group play. Need to clear up space to install it though. I don't think it's super huge, but still pretty big.
13.2 GB on disc... not bad for an MMO. Steam download was slow last night....

Didn't work... I got C2 in the HB and I was hoping C1 would be the 2nd week add... I just want C1 max... and I'm not paying $7.50 for it. Sheesh, that's an old game that hasn't broken the $7.50 mark even though both of it's sequels have.

Harrumph! <waits>

13.2 GB on disc... not bad for an MMO. Steam download was slow last night....
buy from russians if you want it dirt cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back