Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Games owned 862
Games not played 807 (94%)
Hours spent 516.6h
Account worth $9745.57

Hoarding sure is fun!

I played part of the Elder Scrolls Online beta. It was a lot like playing Skyrim but with more people running around.

The thing is, Skyrim isn't really made better by entering a long abandoned crypt and having someone run in front of you, bunny hopping in circles and shooting off fire bolts randomly at the walls.
Constant jumping is the unspoken rule of MMOs. Yeah I always looked at ESO with puzzlement... some games are more amenable to MMOs some just aren't. Borderlands is an obvious one (if latency can be well managed -- PoE seem to have managed latency well).

Technically, I think that's an Enhanced Steam feature:
http://www.enhancedsteam.com/featuredetail.php?id=6
I remember when that feature first rolled out... it's one of those things that *should* be there and blends in so well.

I remember when that feature first rolled out... it's one of those things that *should* be there and blends in so well.
Enhanced Steam does a great job at making everything blend well. I'm sure Valve doesn't want that shown on your account page though. Even though we kind of treat it like a trophy, I'm sure the total amount you've spent on games could be disheartening to some people.

Mine is at $675. Not bad. $25 more than if I would have bought 10 current gen games ($59.99 plus tax) at full price. It doesn't take into account Steam keys from bundles and other stores, but I doubt I reach the 20 current gen game threshold.
$675? Pfft, that's crazy money. Only $414 here, true CAG style.

Question for those in the know.... I bought Bioshock Infinite last night and downloaded it and am now ready to give it a spin. I played and beat the first game (and enjoyed it very much) but only played an hour or two into the second game. I still intend to play it eventually, but I've been wanting to play BS:I for awhile now and my question is: Am I going to spoil any major plot points/twists from BS2 if I play through BS:I? I'd hate to spoil anything like the twist from the first game in the series.
No. I haven't played either of the first Bioshock games, and aside from one part that references the first game, there's nothing linking BS:I to its prequels.

Question for those in the know.... I bought Bioshock Infinite last night and downloaded it and am now ready to give it a spin. I played and beat the first game (and enjoyed it very much) but only played an hour or two into the second game. I still intend to play it eventually, but I've been wanting to play BS:I for awhile now and my question is: Am I going to spoil any major plot points/twists from BS2 if I play through BS:I? I'd hate to spoil anything like the twist from the first game in the series.
BioShock Infinite takes place in a different universe than the first two games, but there are a lot of cool references to the first two if you keep your eyes open.

BioShock 2 wasn't as good as the first one anyways, out learned a little about what happened to Rapture after the events of the first game and the gameplay was smoother, but nothing really big happened like in the first.

P.S. listen closely to the music while playing Infinite, especially in the very beginning.

Pretty nice deal there, I'd probably pick up Castlevania and Chivalry. But I've got 10 coupons and hope to see Castlevania for $9.99 pre-coupon. How easy to buy on this site is it for US?
The hardest part was filling in your personal info during account set up, buying and checking out was pretty easy. Google translate got me through it. I used a brazilian address and phone # but people have used their real US info with no problems.

The hardest part was filling in your personal info during account set up, buying and checking out was pretty easy. Google translate got me through it. I used a brazilian address and phone # but people have used their real US info with no problems.
Cool to know. I've been curious about using the website before. Seems like they've been having allot of good deals on Castlevania of late.

My Shame:

Games owned 212

Games not played 163 (77%)

Hours spent 654.2h

Account worth $2911.15

Edit: I should pull the trigger on The Secret World... I've always been interested in it (more so before they announced it was an MMO) but... I don't know. I've never been able to get pulled into an MMO.

someone bought games from this bundle? http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/dose-dupla-2014

2 games for like 12-13$ They had bioshock infinite, now is gone. Is a pretty good deal!
Foo. I was going to pick that up w/ Castlevania & Bioshock. Not worth the price with any other combination, so I guess it's down to Amazon if any retailers is going to sell me Castlevania any time soon.

If someone here wants that Bioshock Infinite (if they do add it back to the promo) for half the bundle cost, let me know.

Games owned 77 

Games not played 26 (34%)

Hours spent 543.9h

Account worth $1214.36

Man... If this thread has taught me anything, it's that I have to buy more. Only 34% not played is unacceptable. I need at least double that!!

Not to mention only having 77 games.

Ace Patrol Pack is on sale for $6. and eligible for EC coupon.

Is the franchise any good?
Its newish from what I know... lots of people playing it giving it a thumbs up (even before the EC sale), I myself, haven't gotten to it yet... I got my copies from GMG for a bit more than Amazon had it after EC credit. (but it let me save a 5 dollar credit for later... Hopefully, this wasn't a mistake.)

Foo. I was going to pick that up w/ Castlevania & Bioshock. Not worth the price with any other combination, so I guess it's down to Amazon if any retailers is going to sell me Castlevania any time soon.
It seems that they have just ran out of B:I keys. I hope they will simply restock them before the sale is over. They still have more than 3days to do so.

Games owned 353

Games not played 278 (79%)

Hours spent 373.4h

Account worth $4358.35

It's nice to finally meet some likeminded people.

It seems that they have just ran out of B:I keys. I hope they will simply restock them before the sale is over. They still have more than 3days to do so.
I'd be surprised if they did restock: the last few times they've had these promotions, where a game disappeared from the list, the game was never restored.

That said, if someone here wants that Bioshock Infinite (if they do add it back to the promo) for half the bundle cost, let me know.

I imagine this has been asked and answered hundreds of times but... is anything else (good) expected to be added to the list or is this it?

The extra $5 credit is burning a hole in my e-wallet so I need to get rid of it and might be silly and go for Battlefield 4 if nothing else is going to be added.

I imagine this has been asked and answered hundreds of times but... is anything else (good) expected to be added to the list or is this it?

The extra $5 credit is burning a hole in my e-wallet so I need to get rid of it and might be silly and go for Battlefield 4 if nothing else is going to be added.
Things are expected to be added, whether they're good is unknown.

As others have said, the 'sale' is a marathon and not a sprint. There's plenty of stuff coming down the pipeline we just don't know what it will be, so anything mentioned that isn't on the list already would be pure speculation. Brothers will hit the EC sale on the 9th and that has been received well. If there's something that you really want that's on there now then by all means jump on it. I do believe we're still waiting to hear back on the possibility of Bethesda's inclusion into the sale so that's something. Who knows if anything GOOD will be added though.

Edit: I should pull the trigger on The Secret World... I've always been interested in it (more so before they announced it was an MMO) but... I don't know. I've never been able to get pulled into an MMO.
Pull and be pulled, if you happen to like CCG deckbuilding and collecting, Lovecraft / Cthulhu Mythos, Stephen King, pulpy fiction, World of Darkness (Mage in particular), swords+magic+guns, conspiracy theories, secret societies, Twin Peaks, dressing dolls up or down, quirky armchair philosophy monologues, Alternate Reality Games or riddles n' research, any one of those things. I bought TSW last year after I missed the $5 sale Dec 2012 just before they announced the Guild Wars-like model, *only played the first major zone* for a couple weeks before satisfyingly shelving it until a couple weeks ago, and still felt my $15 purchase justified, even after seeing it go on sale again in Jan 2013.

That deckbuilding classless toon design is just brilliant, and I am astonished I didn't even make the CCG connection until just this month, me returning to TSW *even if only* to play the first major zone again. You don't get the very nice dialogue storytelling from The Old Republic, or TOR's streamlined layout of quests and questgivers, or a popular known fictional universe, but you do get quirky characters incongruously waxing philosophic at the looming dark, and the warm fuzzy feels of "buying" cards to tweak and polish your combo deck of active and passive abilities. Although I do also have Guild Wars 2 in my backlog, and I hear it's simply the bees knees, the bidness, the bigness, which, considering how much I dig TSW I'm almost scared by how wowed (not WoWed) I might be by GW2.

BTW, if you've got the EC coupon, just get TSW and copy a survival build in your weapon combat animation of choice if you're in a hurry (blades + anything is popular and versatile). If you don't, maybe take a pause, but get TSW anyway ^_^.

BTW2: it's not quite X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and it'd be tough to relate it to Shadowrun or Firefly, but I want to say TSW captures shades of awesome from all those, like, if you liked any of those, you'll probably find something to like in TSW.

Might as well join the club:

• Games owned - 452
  • Games not played - 227 (50%)
  • Hours spent - 490.8h
  • Account worth - $4913.39
The really scary thing though is that before March of last year I only had 20 games...

So is C3 not like Pinball fx2 then?
My only requirement for liking a game is that it is like Pinball FX2 and called Pinball FX2.

Games owned 944

Games not played 855 (91%)

Hours spent 1,833.8h

Account worth $10412.80

i guarantee you i've spent at least that amount of time in console wrestling games. half of it making created wrestlers before you could just download them.

Winner takes it all ;)

• Games owned - 665
  • Games not played - 650 (98%)
  • Hours spent - 8.1h
  • Account worth - $8191.31

Thank you for making me feel better about my stats.

• Worth: $6886.41
  • Games owned: 568
  • Games not played: 333
  • Percentage: 59%
  • Hours spent: 2,064.9h
I blame (Indie) Bundles!

BTW, if you've got the EC coupon, just get TSW and copy a survival build in your weapon combat animation of choice if you're in a hurry (blades + anything is popular and versatile). If you don't, maybe take a pause, but get TSW anyway ^_^.
Sounds up my alley but the sales over now... :(

I'll get it if Amazon repeats the sale later in the month. :)

Games owned 1173
Games not played 730 (62%)
Hours spent 1,403.2h
Account worth $13950.81
can we all stroke now?

*waits for people on friends list with 2000+ games to walk in and make us all insecure...*

Games owned: Too Many

Games not played: Too Many
Hours spent: What have you done with your life?!
Account worth: My God, we could have cured Cancer with that!?

Games owned: 776
Games not played: 447 (58%)
Hours spent: 1,837.1h
Account worth: $8737.58

Yep, card idling. And my kids using my account before I created theirs

Once the amazon EC sale is over, I have a New Years resolution to not buy anything outside of Humble Bundles until the next Black Friday sale.

You will probably see less of me until then. You guys have made this holiday very fun for me.

Wish me luck!!

Once the amazon EC sale is over, I have a New Years resolution to not buy anything outside of Humble Bundles until the next Black Friday sale.

You will probably see less of me until then. You guys have made this holiday very fun for me.

Wish me luck!!
I expect you'll be back in no time.

Games owned 77

Games not played 26 (34%)

Hours spent 543.9h

Account worth $1214.36

Man... If this thread has taught me anything, it's that I have to buy more. Only 34% not played is unacceptable. I need at least double that!!

Not to mention only having 77 games.
YOU MUST WASTE MORE MONEY

If you really want to scare yourselves, see how long your backlog is: http://steamplaytime.appspot.com/

"Target's Steam library would take approx. 9364.35 hours to complete.
That's 390.18 days!"

"Progress: 9.11%"

Over 8500 hours to go...
No way the numbers are correct. It says i beaten 20 games (out of 449). I know for a fact i have beaten 1 game ... and that was a game i tried and completed on a free weekend (Rage) LOL.

Hmmm...

* *Worth:* $4109.95

* *Games owned:* 332

* *Games not played:* 224

* *Percentage:* 67%

* *Hours spent:* 1,198.1h

No idling except maybe "YNAB 4".  

I will be interested in finally starting TSW (I bought it in Nov?) after I finish Dark Souls. 

No way the numbers are correct. It says i beaten 20 games (out of 449). I know for a fact i have beaten 1 game ... and that was a game i tried and completed on a free weekend (Rage) LOL.
They go by average amount of time it takes to complete a game. You could have just wasted time in a me and played for 20 hours without beating it, but the average time to complete it could have been 15 hours.

Plus it doesn't really know what to do with Multiplayer only titles and MMOs, since there is no "end" the average playtime can be insanely high, or insanely low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back