Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also working on a bundle with the following for $12.99 pre-coupon, I'm hoping to get it live today:

Darksiders

Darksiders II + DLC

Alan Wake + DLC (include American Nightmare)

Titan Quest Gold

Supreme Commander+Forged Alliance
This would be a great deal... if I didn't already have the lot. :whistle2:(

Well can anyone tell me if Brothers is a nice game to play? I wil buy How to Survive and reduce my coupons only to two. I have a controller but is a sh*ty controller as sometimes the d-pads are not doing what were supposed to do.

lol can't believe I got Brothers for $4.49 in December.. should have waited.. but oh well $2
I bought it then as well. It was lowest price it has been - still is (sans coupon). You can't win 'em all, but it's fun to try.

Now to wait for it to be a bonus BTA game in the Humble Bundle and we can all grumble together.

Btw, now you said about Sonic, I'd like to see that Sonic everywhere pack at it's Christmas price ($14.99 pre coupon or lower ofc) in the EC list if possible. Steam has put it a lot of times at $ 7.49 (Sonic Hits collection, with exactly the same games) and it's a good deal to spend my first out of 8 coupons I have.

Also as some other people here I am a victim of the "took me too much time to download TSW to try it as trial and the deal was gone" :cry: so if the $11.9 deal is back I'll bite for sure.

Finally +1 to DMC, Castlevania and Shadow Warrior for $ 7.49 - 9.99 pre coupon! :)

As far as I remember the only time it has ever gotten that low was a glitch price.
From what I remember it was not a glitch it's just a huge price difference between amazon and steam without discount ($123.84 vs $27.99) so with a normal 75% steam discount it goes down to $7...

Nevermind I'd still get it for $14.99 pre coupon and I hope Tony or the EA guy could also arrange having TSW for $11.99 again. Now I have it downloaded already, just missing an activation key in a good price like some days ago! =P~

Well can anyone tell me if Brothers is a nice game to play? I wil buy How to Survive and reduce my coupons only to two. I have a controller but is a sh*ty controller as sometimes the d-pads are not doing what were supposed to do.
Everyone seems to like it in all the posts I've seen. You control the brothers with the sticks on your controller IIRC. The only shortcoming noted is that it is somewhat short at 3-4 hours, but the story is reported to be very satisfying.

How's this Marlow Briggs?
It's a low budget action slasher. Kinda like God of War, only without all the Greek angst.

It's -really- entertaining, and incredibly tongue-in-cheek. It takes nothing seriously and reminds me so so much of the 80s action films I grew up with. And it plays pretty well, too.

At one point the bad guy says something along the line of "anyone who gets himself killed will be fired". It has that kind of humor. :D

Brothers is fantastic. But you really do want a functional controller to play it, one where you are comfortable using both sticks and both shoulder buttons at the same time. So the clear answer is to buy Brothers and buy a new controller :)

That said, it's really not twitch sensitive, so if your controller mostly works, you'll probably be fine.

Brothers is fantastic. But you really do want a functional controller to play it, one where you are comfortable using both sticks and both shoulder buttons at the same time. So the clear answer is to buy Brothers and buy a new controller :)

That said, it's really not twitch sensitive, so if your controller mostly works, you'll probably be fine.
I played the first 10-15 minutes yesterday, and finding it a bit weird to be controlling two characters at the same time, one on each stick. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it though. And the "game" sure is pretty so far (though not much actual gameplay).

I played the first 10-15 minutes yesterday, and finding it a bit weird to be controlling two characters at the same time, one on each stick. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it though. And the "game" sure is pretty so far (though not much actual gameplay).
That's been my experience so far. It's pretty relaxed game play. Like environmental puzzles with no time limits on them. But very nice looking game and I am interested in the story.

Also, I have been told Marlow Briggs is bad ass. I already bought it, otherwise I'd get it here.

I'm also working on a bundle with the following for $12.99 pre-coupon, I'm hoping to get it live today:

Darksiders

Darksiders II + DLC

Alan Wake + DLC (include American Nightmare)

Titan Quest Gold

Supreme Commander+Forged Alliance

Cheers,

Tony
For someone like me who missed the amazing Darksiders bundle last year, that would be absolutely fantastic, thanks for your continued awesomeness!

It's a low budget action slasher. Kinda like God of War, only without all the Greek angst.

It's -really- entertaining, and incredibly tongue-in-cheek. It takes nothing seriously and reminds me so so much of the 80s action films I grew up with. And it plays pretty well, too.

At one point the bad guy says something along the line of "anyone who gets himself killed will be fired". It has that kind of humor. :D
Wow, when someone says it like that then it's a must buy for me. Along with that How to Survive game too. How is it by the way?

Brothers is fantastic! I've already gone into detail a few times in this thread so you could probably find those pretty easily if you want more info, but you should definitely buy it if you are the type who can enjoy a great story and don't mind that it's only 2 hours long. It doesn't use the d-pad or any face buttons, so as long as your analog sticks and triggers work you will be set.

It is weird, and brilliant. I noticed myself trailing one brother after the other, and favoring one over the other, just as they truly would be. It's one of the most creative control schemes I've ever seen. And while the game is never "difficult," there is definitely tension throughout some scenes, which is enhanced by the unusual controls.

Hey everyone,

How are there 50 replies since 1:00AM PST? Eeek.

Also, you know how sometimes I say, "XYZ sale will likely depend on how ABC does"?

505 is pretty jazzed about how Brothers is doing (so thanks), they've decided to move all of their sale stuff up to today:

Cheers,

Tony
thanks Tony. The 'smart' publishers will want to put stuff up now when there's very little competition. I suspect in a couple of weeks when Bethesda, Enix (don't laugh) and folks start to put their stuff in the EC, it'll be harder to get noticed.

right now, they have a captive audience with coupons just itiching (myself included but I'm using a different lotion today) to use them on something, anything. picking up how to survive and marlow tonight.

Dammit Spoder, I was just about to buy Marlow Briggs for two fiddy (got Brothers yesterday), and now you stopped me in my tracks.
Even if they don't end up in the humble bundle, they may pop up in their store.

Tony,

I think you guys should seriously think about following the humble store example - give a steam key AND a drm free copy w/ goodies (soundtrack, etc.). If you did that, along with the aggressive pricing and the market reach of Amazon - you could really turn some heads around. (insert appropriate movie related, head turning pic here)

Trying to catch up to the thread...

Heeey...

Any chance of a Dragon Age 2 DLC sale or what not? Haven't seen a DA2 Ultimate and the DLC has been based only in ultra-expensive (re: normal price) Bioware points forever and a day now.

I could go for some DAII DLC. Enjoyed the game enough back in the day, but never found myself motivated enough to pay full price for the DLC, which I hear isn't half bad. Plus, Felicia Day got her own DLC.

So far, I'm sitting on five coupons and nothing really I don't own that's worth spending on (except the Ace Patrol pack). The Bureau is a mild maybe for $10. Still waiting to see what else kicks in.
Yeah, I picked up DA2 compulsively and would like to have the DLC. But I also happen to have it on the xbox.

I don't know why they don't just transition those Bioware DLC over to Origin. Does Origin not have a good system for handling DLC?

I don't think I really own any on there that's not part of a bundle (ie DAO:UE) except for a kajillion Sims packs but those are all in Origin as completely separate entries that you have install one by one.
Origina or EA does not = good

Two brothers is a good deal? Or should i wait for better deals upcoming?
Pointless if you happen to have a PS3 and PS+...

Brothers is fantastic! I've already gone into detail a few times in this thread so you could probably find those pretty easily if you want more info, but you should definitely buy it if you are the type who can enjoy a great story and don't mind that it's only 2 hours long. It doesn't use the d-pad or any face buttons, so as long as your analog sticks and triggers work you will be set.
Sorry confunded d-pad with analog stickers (a bit upset today) well m,y analog stickers (my right one) does not work well. So i think that i will pass on this deal this time.

Tony, add me to the list of people wanting...

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass (for us grievers that miss a certain glitch)

Dishonored GOTY

Metro: Last Light

I think LN can attest the amount of people lurking for that in your giveaway. As always, thanks for listening and putting up with us!

As long as we're throwing out wishes: I know it's probably not possible, but Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for 50% off before coupon ($9.99) would be amazing.

I asked this question I think in the Steam thread but I will ask here as well since people are mentioning controllers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, small wired controller that would be good to throw in a backpack for play on the go. I use a wireless 360 setup for home but that is too bulky and expensive to transport around. Thanks!

@Tony, any chance to bring back TheTrain, Cars and Motorcycle package, i think that was the name, It had Ridge racer, Other bike game and one of the Ace Games ? I've been trying to get it but it never seem to go on sale.

Thanks!

Too bad me and other already have most of those games, I'd go with Darksider 2 + DLC seperately for cheap. Maybe next time. But for those that do not have theses games, a superb price.
Even disregarding all the rest, after coupon that's still the cheapest Darksiders 2 complete has been. And you could probably flip the duplicates you don't want on the B/S/T thread for a couple dollars.

I, too, am sorry that LN3000 can't grow free games out of his ass. That would be remarkably handy.

Except they'd probably be ass games. Like Remember Me. Because that game was ass.
I don't know why all the hate for Remember Me here. I personally have enjoyed how much of Remember Me I've played so far. I'm not done with it yet, but I still have it installed, waiting.

In fact, if I had the ability to grow games out of my ass that were as good as Remember Me, I'd be quite happy. o_O

Even disregarding all the rest, after coupon that's still the cheapest Darksiders 2 complete has been. And you could probably flip the duplicates you don't want on the B/S/T thread for a couple dollars.
Maybe, but it sounds like a lot of work. I can barely sell great games on ebay right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back