Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyo!

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRCQ8OQ

Pricing should be at $12.99 shortly.

Cheers,

Tony
Be a great deal if I did not already own it all ... when does it end?

Nevermind .. I see it on that bigger reddit post .. the one where you also detail the new dates for the relisted EA games . :) ... it is set as a ??

Also ..

Lords of Football and Spooky Bonus does not apply the $5 credit

Anyone know what a good price on a Nintendo DS Lite is? (for a new one)

I can grab one right now on amazon for $50 + shipping cost.

Nevermind .. I see it on that bigger reddit post .. the one where you also detail the new dates for the relisted EA games . :) ... it is set as a ??
It ends when you stop buying games.. Duh.

We're 100% going to run out of keys on something in this bundle...and you guys have seen what happens sometimes when we are trying for new keys.

I'm heading off the conspiracy theorists at the pass on this one. The ? means "this thing will be up until something runs out of keys, if we get more, we'll put it back up."

Cheers,

Tony

We're 100% going to run out of keys on something in this bundle...and you guys have seen what happens sometimes when we are trying for new keys.

I'm heading off the conspiracy theorists at the pass on this one. The ? means "this thing will be up until something runs out of keys, if we get more, we'll put it back up."

Cheers,

Tony
OK ..

Also Lords of Football and Spooky Bonus do not apply the $5 credit

$9.49 each for NFS:MW and MOH Warfighter? :rofl:  (13th-16th)

I'll pick up MW for $4.50, but skip Warfighter: it was $3.75 on GMG last week, and that's still a bit much for me.

I did literally laugh when I saw the pricing. Better than $5 given how many EC coupons I have, but not the $4 post-coupon that I was hoping for XD.

Anyone know what a good price on a Nintendo DS Lite is? (for a new one)

I can grab one right now on amazon for $50 + shipping cost.
DS Lite is discontinued and I think the boxes aren't factory sealed so it's possible even a "new" one might be lightly used or even old but kept in mint condition. $50 is about the price of the "new" w/ box units though, so it's probably worth the risk if the seller has good reputation, even if it's not factory sealed it's probably still a fair price. If it's that "metallic silver" unit on Amazon, yeah, I'm pretty confident it's a "new" and not new. I'd press the seller for details. BTW unless it's a big name retailer, you're probably not going to get any Nintendo warranty either.

I asked this question I think in the Steam thread but I will ask here as well since people are mentioning controllers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, small wired controller that would be good to throw in a backpack for play on the go. I use a wireless 360 setup for home but that is too bulky and expensive to transport around. Thanks!
Your best bet is to just get a wired 360 controller and just put up with the larger size. No mental adjustment necessary, uses the same setup/drivers, performs the same on your games. D-pad is atrocious though, but you probably already know that.

Possible alternatives:

-Mad Catz Microcon 360 gamepad: way discontinued, dunno if you can even find new, and like most other 3rd party gamepads there's some reliability issues. Plus the tinier body is a bit uncomfortable to hold and I have probably average-sized hands. I'm holding onto mine.

-Logitech F310: can do Xinput like 360 controller, also has regular gamepad (DirectInput) mode. Still in production, but some reports of analog controls having "big" dead zone. Probably a bit bulkier than a DualShock controller.

-DualShock 2 controller w/ USB adapter: I don't know if any adapter can use Xinput to appear as a 360 controller, and DS2 controllers should be way way discontinued.

-(third party controllers <$10): you usually get less reliable parts, and/or junkier parts that you can feel as controls sticking or giving poor response, generally a good idea to ignore gamepads <$20 unless it's a once-in-a-few-weeks sale or from a recognized company, and even then it's hit or miss on reliability and responsiveness

If you need Xinput or just want faster setup w/ Xinput-enabled games, you can try x360ce. It translates DirectInput to Xinput so it might not be 100% but just in case.

If you can accept Bluetooth wireless:

-MOGA's are terrific, I got a Pro and it feels great and is just a bit wider than a wireless 360 controller (but no wires to deal with)

-G910 looks like a MOGA clone in a 360ish controller body, but it looks to use a similarly annoying DPAD as the 360 controller

-DualShock 3 controller might be worth looking into, but the software/drivers are still iffy

-BTW, since BT gamepads tend to be designed for smartphone gaming, there's a lot more options for small gamepads here.

"[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass." -Best line ever.[/SIZE]

Aww :censored: , I did miss the Defiance giveaway. This is what happens when I do RL stuff. Never again I tell you.

Thanks again LN for doing the giveaway, I thought you handled it fairly, as fairly as a giveaway can be that is. Also thanks to our supplier Tony.
What the hell is this RL stuff? ;)

I'm used to being stuck in my GW (gaming world).

-Logitech F310: can do Xinput like 360 controller, also has regular gamepad (DirectInput) mode. Still in production, but some reports of analog controls having "big" dead zone. Probably a bit bulkier than a DualShock controller.

-DualShock 2 controller w/ USB adapter: I don't know if any adapter can use Xinput to appear as a 360 controller, and DS2 controllers should be way way discontinued.

-(third party controllers <$10): you usually get less reliable parts, and/or junkier parts that you can feel as controls sticking or giving poor response, generally a good idea to ignore gamepads <$20 unless it's a once-in-a-few-weeks sale or from a recognized company, and even then it's hit or miss on reliability and responsiveness
Nice thought on a DS2... I couldn't think of anything that was appreciably less than a 360 controller (~$30). A 3rd party 360 controller is probably the best option for cheap and compatible.

The F310 is fairly large... bigger than a DS3. (I own an F510 and a DS3).

I pack a DS3 and my bluetooth dongle for my traveling needs. I like it, and it works with my phone, tablet, and mac & windows laptop.

I could go for some DAII DLC. Enjoyed the game enough back in the day, but never found myself motivated enough to pay full price for the DLC, which I hear isn't half bad. Plus, Felicia Day got her own DLC.

So far, I'm sitting on five coupons and nothing really I don't own that's worth spending on (except the Ace Patrol pack). The Bureau is a mild maybe for $10. Still waiting to see what else kicks in.
Me too @ wanting DA2 DLC.

While I'm on the BioWare topic, I also want some ME2 DLC + ME3 DLC.

I've spent a few hours looking and only managed to find one. It was around $20+shipping, so I just gave up and stuck with my ~$3 one which I'm using with a PSone controller. Such great build quality.

Heyo!

Check this out:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRCQ8OQ

Pricing should be at $12.99 shortly.

Cheers,

Tony
hmmmmmmm that's a tough decision. already have darksiders + titan gold, and have alan wake on xbox. also have darksiders 2 on xbox...

so is having alan wake + darksiders 2 on pc, in addition to the darksiders 2 dlc and alan wake's american nightmare worth 8 bucks?

i'm leaning toward no...but that's an insane bundle if you somehow don't have all htese games

hmmmmmmm that's a tough decision. already have darksiders + titan gold, and have alan wake on xbox. also have darksiders 2 on xbox...

so is having alan wake + darksiders 2 on pc, in addition to the darksiders 2 dlc and alan wake's american nightmare worth 8 bucks?

i'm leaning toward no...but that's an insane bundle if you somehow don't have all htese games
Consoles are inferior, you are obligated to own everything on PC at a minimum.

Keep in mind - Alan Wake did have a Humble Bundle (for Alan Wake + American Nightmare) once that gave out both Steam-keys + DRM-FREE Version + tons of extras.

Info:

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Humble_Weekly_Sale:_Alan_Wake

Updated my spreadsheet to include everything that Tony already posted on reddit .. I'm glad I don't have Tony's job. I would have a headache every day.

Keep up the good work Tony .. thanks again.

Keep in mind - Alan Wake did have a Humble Bundle (for Alan Wake + American Nightmare) once that gave out both Steam-keys + DRM-FREE Version + tons of extras.

Info:

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Humble_Weekly_Sale:_Alan_Wake
I think I'm going to start viewing bundles the same as price glitches. They are the exception, not the rule when it comes to sale pricing and I feel too much weight (causing too much waiting) is put on them. At least when it comes to AAA or non-indie titles, that is. If on a sale tracker there is ever only one instance of a super deep discount, I discount that as an anomaly.

The EA sorry EC..  landing page shows that there are 122 games on 5 pages...

But there are only 90 games on 4.3 pages.

Kind of strange.

1/8-?:

Freyja’s Bundle – You should click on this - 12.99

This bundle contains:

Alan Wake Collector's Edition + American Nightmare
Darksiders
Darksiders II + all the DLC Amazon carries + Season Pass
Titan Quest Gold
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

1/13-1/16:

Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition [Online Game Code] - 9.49
Need for Speed: Most Wanted [Instant Access] - 9.49
Need For Speed Most Wanted All DLC Bundle [Online Game Code] - 11.99
SimCity Amusement Park Pack [Online Game Code] - 7.99
SimCity Amusement Park Pack [Instant Access] - 7.99
SimCity Double City Pack [Online Game Code] - 7.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter %5BDownload%5D - 9.49
Medal of Honor Warfighter [Instant Access] - 9.49
Alice: Madness Returns The Complete Collection %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
Alice Madness Returns Complete Collection [Instant Access] - 9.99

1/7 – 1/18:

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons [Online Game Code] - 7.99
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death [Online Game Code] - 7.49
How to Survive [Online Game Code] - 7.49
TAKEDOWN: Red Sabre [Online Game Code] - 6.99

1/10 – 1/12:

Contrast [Online Game Code] - 11.99
Final Exam [Online Game Code] - 7.99
Mass Effect 2 DLC Collection - 29.99

1/4 – 1/31:

Spooky Bonus %5BDownload%5D - 7.5
Lords of Football %5BDownload%5D - 12.49
Zeno Clash 2 [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/4 – 1/12:

Defense Technica [Online Game Code] - 8.49
Defense Technica [Online Game Code] - 8.49
Foul Play [Online Game Code] - 8.49
War of the Roses Kingmaker [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/4 – 1/11:

F1 2013 - 24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - 32.49

1/9 – 1/12:

Cities in Motion II [Online Game Code] - 9.99
Cities in Motion II (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/5 – 1/31:

Ace Patrol Bundle - 5.99
BioShock Infinite [Online Game Code] - 13.20
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year [Online Game Code] - 29.99
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year + Brady Strategy Guide [Online Game Code] - 34.99
NBA 2K14 [Online Game Code] - 19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified [Online Game Code] - 14.99
The XCOM Collection [Online Game Code] - 14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within [Online Game Code] - 19.99

1/17 – 1/19:

The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff (Mac) %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley [Online Game Code] - 9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future [Online Game Code] - 17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition [Online Game Code] - 14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff [Online Game Code] - 9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - 14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - 9.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - 9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley [Online Game Code] - 9.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - 14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista (Mac) %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff [Online Game Code] - 9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - 14.99

1/20 – 1/26:

Crysis 3 %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
Dead Space 3 %5BDownload%5D - 9.99
Need For Speed Rivals [Online Game Code] - 29.99
SimCity Cities of Tomorrow [Online Game Code] - 19.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - 19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition %5BDownload%5D - 19.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened [Online Game Code] - 8.49
Crysis 3: The Lost Island [Online Game Code] - 9.99

1/26 – 1/31:

BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - 7.99
Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack [Online Game Code] - 6.99

1/27 – 1/31:

Have Faith Bundle %5BDownload%5D - 7.99

I asked this question I think in the Steam thread but I will ask here as well since people are mentioning controllers.

Can anyone recommend a decent, small wired controller that would be good to throw in a backpack for play on the go. I use a wireless 360 setup for home but that is too bulky and expensive to transport around. Thanks!
The only third-party controller I can wholly recommend is the RockCandy 360 controller. It feels a bit more plasticy than the official controller and ideally should be paired with some cheap analog stick grips, but otherwise has served me pretty well as my primary PC gamepad. I bought it when it was $15 or so from the Microsoft store, which are sold out now, but it's not too difficult to find a deal on it, and so far it has proven very sturdy (I toss it around a lot since it doesn't feel at all fragile) and is a tad smaller than official 360 one.

Also it comes in some pretty wicked colors if that's something you're into ;)

Hmmm just saw that alice complete deal. Tempting...
Have you played the game? I thought it was terrible for the record, and I'm super into both Alice in Wonderland and weird gothic stuff. It's just a poorly made game.

Tony,

Freyja's Bundle is awesome bundle but how many keys do you stocked? because of I see in the list that this bundle will sell until out of keys.

Tony, my humble suggestions/requests for EC:

-  Rayman Origins

- Prince of Persia bundle 

- The Longest Journey

- Any and all Star Wars games

Freyja's bundle is amazing, unfortunately I own all of the games lol.  But I'm happy for all of you getting a great deal!

Tony, my humble suggestions/requests for EC:

- Rayman Origins
- Prince of Persia bundle
- The Longest Journey
- Any and all Star Wars games
It should be noted that Amazon:

- Only carries a direct download version
- Only carries a direct download version
- Doesn't carry
- Doesn't carry (outside of two direct download lego games, one of which is a mac version)

Not to be a buzz kill or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back