Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
It is so hard to keep the reply I am typing civil.

I spent over 5 hours of my day, going through over 180 messages, replying back and forth with numerous people, trying to make sure as many people got something they wanted, in as fair a way as possible. Not sure why you two think I somehow singled you out and intentionally screwed you, but I am very sorry you feel that way.

Guess what though? There are over 100 other people who messaged me that day hoping to get a FREE game, and they didn't get one. But of all those 100 people, you're thinking that you two were specifically screwed? That I singled you out, and said "Haha, no not these guys."

There were also only 3 copies of Contrast in the list. You were too slow, someone else got them. So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass.

fuck you.
ln3000, y u not fuck me over? :(

I've been here way longer than them

oh and to the whiners before, I had a random giveaway for Thief.

LN3000 won [customspoiler='Sunasun's Giveaway Rules']only 1 cag may enter, their username must be LN3000, all other entries will be flushed down the toilet[/customspoiler]

I'm so glad I only give away crappy games so i don't have to deal with the shitstorms sore losers produce.

ln3000, y u not fuck me over? :(

I've been here way longer than them

LN3000 won [customspoiler='Sunasun's Giveaway Rules']only 1 cag may enter, their username must be LN3000, all other entries will be flushed down the toilet[/customspoiler]

I'm so glad I only give away crappy games so i don't have to deal with the shitstorms sore losers produce.
I will answer this for him, LN3000 cannot grow burgers out of his ass. :lol:

It's probably this .. :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRCQ8OQ?tag=cheapassgam08-20

The OP does not always get updated fast ... keep an eye on the link in my sig for my spreadsheet for the sale. I updated it as often as I can. It currently has all the know info on what's on sale and when.
Thank you for the reply. It would be nice if the OP in this thread was kept up to date a little better, or that Amazon's digital games page was a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's a struggle to find the deals in this thread.

Oh well, it is what it is. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for your sig. I do appreciate the CAGs who make sale list like you and the Cat.

Thank you for the reply. It would be nice if the OP in this thread was kept up to date a little better, or that Amazon's digital games page was a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's a struggle to find the deals in this thread.

Oh well, it is what it is. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for your sig. I do appreciate the CAGs who make sale list like you and the Cat.
Your welcome .. you can also keep an eye on this reddit link. Tony seems to update there more often :)

Because LN is such an awesome CAG who even sent me a PM to hash out that there were no hard feelings, I'm running my own giveaway. Click the spoiler for who can win:

By the 8th of January last year...i had spend like $150 bucks..now only $2.49 on Brothers......i know that they are 23 more days to go....but im getting kind of desperate here!!!!!!...

I guess EA felt like selling all of that DLC together at expansion-pack pricing ($29.99) [before coupon].

{shoulder shrug}
Yeah I guess it's awfully nice of them to allow Amazon to do that. Outside an Origin coupon a few years ago that discounted Bioware points, this is the first time Bioware points have actually been on some kind of sale since. Since ME2 and ME3 never got a GOTY edition, and they never discount the DLC on Origin/Bioware store, this is as good as it gets.

Basically if you're in it for ME2, it's normally $5 to get the base game in a sale, and $31 to buy all that DLC normally. About $11 saved with the coupon. Again, not bad, but a bit funny how much the DLC adds to the price.

You know you haven't been around much when an EC sale comes around and you don't even have any credits. Thankfully there's nothing I need anyways.

damn it tony last year i got steal on darksiders before thq bankrupt but nvm i got lost tony ur magic is back from dead i might buy it for friend tho. i hate u tony ur magic is back from dead whyu u do this tony now i feel sad i could have got all these except alan wake for that price of 7.99 darksiders franchise for 8.19 or something now it feel not steal anymor tony great for anyone that havent got it

Yes please any deal on Star Wars games are welcome.

Ever since Disney bought them I rarely seen them go on sale, that I still hating myself for not picking both the Force Unleashed for $5 each during a Steam summer sale 2 years ago
u know force unleashed sith edition was on sale in nov on neweggg for that price now i regret buying it then to get on steam last time stars was sale was may

Last year I think I had about 7 or 8 coupons and I ran out before January was over.  I think I even bought something off the EC list in the last week at full (read: no coupon discount) price b/c it was still a stellar deal.  There were several other things I would have likely grabbed if I had had more coupons and didn't have to be so choosy. 

So this year I have 18 or 19 coupons.  Only used 2 so far (Brothers and Bioshock Infinite) and there is nothing already announced coming up that I'm planning on getting.  That said, I'm confident that by the end of the month I'll find something worthwhile to spend at least another 10 coupons on.  The January sale is sneaky like that... a lot of the really great deals pop up at the end when you probably already spent all/most of your coupons.

The Freyja pack is an awesome deal, but like most other CAGS I have all of those things from the Humble Bundles (with the exception of the Darksiders II DLC's but not paying 8 bucks just for THAT).  But still, that's the kind of deal I'd throw money down on without a second thought, provided that I don't already have > 1/2 the games.

I already put my EC wishlist many pages back,but add me to the list of people would would buy Castlevania if it made the list at a decent price.  Wasn't even on my radar until a few days ago but it looks pretty sweet.  I don't think I've played a Castlevania game since Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse back on the NES.

Last year I think I had about 7 or 8 coupons and I ran out before January was over. I think I even bought something off the EC list in the last week at full (read: no coupon discount) price b/c it was still a stellar deal. There were several other things I would have likely grabbed if I had had more coupons and didn't have to be so choosy.

So this year I have 18 or 19 coupons. Only used 2 so far (Brothers and Bioshock Infinite) and there is nothing already announced coming up that I'm planning on getting. That said, I'm confident that by the end of the month I'll find something worthwhile to spend at least another 10 coupons on. The January sale is sneaky like that... a lot of the really great deals pop up at the end when you probably already spent all/most of your coupons.

The Freyja pack is an awesome deal, but like most other CAGS I have all of those things from the Humble Bundles (with the exception of the Darksiders II DLC's but not paying 8 bucks just for THAT). But still, that's the kind of deal I'd throw money down on without a second thought, provided that I don't already have > 1/2 the games.

I already put my EC wishlist many pages back,but add me to the list of people would would buy Castlevania if it made the list at a decent price. Wasn't even on my radar until a few days ago but it looks pretty sweet. I don't think I've played a Castlevania game since Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse back on the NES.
i got darksiders franchise amazon 20 cents more than that bundle i thought i got steal but now it is no more steal it sad day for me but maybe i buy it for friends got to reesit must resist

I've got 10 coupons, although 5 of them are because I bought 5 copies of Pizza Dude at $0.30 each. I'm really hoping to see at least Castlevania and/or DMC. The deals feel really weak compared to last year not only in quantity but quality too. That Freyja bundle has games that were in a bundle or three from last year so I imagine 80% if not 90% of anyone from this thread already has most if not all of the games in it.

But here's to hoping it gets better.
Anyone got a direct link to the Amazon DMC page, because I can't find it anymore, but people keep mentioning it.

Hey Tony,

Last year you asked us what we were buying with our EC Coupons... So here's my list so far...

I started with 4 Coupons.

Used 1 on The Ace Patrol Bundle

Used 1 on Brothers

Used 1 on Crysis 3

Saving the last one for hopefully something that hasn't been listed yet.  Nothing currently listed interests me, however if I didn't already have most of that new bundle you've been working on, I might have spent the last one on that.

Also, you asked what we're looking for...  I'm looking for something I don't already have in the $2.50 - $5 range after EC.

Thanks for all the work you do for us!

*whines* not for another month...

Yeah, not sure if anyone would want any ass burgers.
When my nephew was 5 or 6, his grandfather (my dad) took him to Hardee's for lunch. Kid was overwhelmed by the menu, and the line of people behind him wasn't helping his anxiety. Dad decided to be helpful by reading the menu items; when he got to the "Black Angus" burgers, kid had had enough. He shouted, "I DON'T WANT A BLACK ANUS BURGER!!"

I wasn't there, but according to dad, every conversation in the restaurant stopped. The piped-in music stopped. The fries stopped frying. Complete silence. Kid ended up with chicken strips.

Oh yeah, forgot I got Crysis 3.  So I've used 3 coupons, not 2.  Crysis 3, Brothers, and Bioshock Infinite.

I have used 0 of 9. Gonna wait till Brothers is in a bundle (it will be at one point and you know it) and Darksiders 2 has been better price before. i can wait.

You don't need any Steam version for the DLC to work on Steam.

From the game page ..
:whee: Burnout Paradise DLC works on Steam or Origin? I'd love to just have it in my Steam library for the sake of having it all in one spot, but I'm not gonna complain too much if I can activate it on Origin and make use of it through Steam.

Thanks for the tip!

It is so hard to keep the reply I am typing civil.

I spent over 5 hours of my day, going through over 180 messages, replying back and forth with numerous people, trying to make sure as many people got something they wanted, in as fair a way as possible. Not sure why you two think I somehow singled you out and intentionally screwed you, but I am very sorry you feel that way.

Guess what though? There are over 100 other people who messaged me that day hoping to get a FREE game, and they didn't get one. But of all those 100 people, you're thinking that you two were specifically screwed? That I singled you out, and said "Haha, no not these guys."

There were also only 3 copies of Contrast in the list. You were too slow, someone else got them. So sorry that I can't grow more FREE GAMES out of my ass.

fuck you.
Well I wasn't going to reply at first, but seeing as the first post generated so many lolz....

Also not that I care or that it matters since even if I am right nothing can be done about it.

The fuck 'ed part wasn't because I believe I was singled out, it was because I believe you messed up.

I am about 90% sure that you went and created a list by how the CAG forums forwarded the PM into your email, and didn't use the actual Inbox from CAG, which of course this resulted in invalid results in the order of how things were actually pm'ed.

Anyway now that my explanation is done, here is a free game... enjoy.

Desura

clue* 1011 binary to hex

Reflex - 613DD-29525-4*722-AF9*F

Disclaimer: Only some parts of this post are actually true, don't get your panties in a twist.

Freyja bundle is such a good deal that I have to remove the games from my steam library so I can buy them again.

Seriously, It's awesome deal if I don't already have everything.

Well I wasn't going to reply at first, but seeing as the first post generated so many lolz....

Also not that I care or that it matters since even if I am right nothing can be done about it.

The fuck 'ed part wasn't because I believe I was singled out, it was because I believe you messed up.

I am about 90% sure that you went and created a list by how the CAG forums forwarded the PM into your email, and didn't use the actual Inbox from CAG, which of course this resulted in invalid results in the order of how things were actually pm'ed.

Desura

clue* 1011 binary to hex

Disclaimer: Only some parts of this post are actually true, don't get your panties in a twist.
Actually he did neither of these things, he guessed who pm'd him first

He fuck 'ed you. fuck 'ed you good.

u poopy lil pumpkin u ;)

Actually he did neither of these things, he guessed who pm'd him first

He fuck 'ed you. fuck 'ed you good.

u poopy lil pumpkin u ;)
oh reallyl fyi if u get takedown sabre u get gift so baiscall it 1.99 for 2pack for anyone who doesnt know bout that so u gift it to friend or hit with friend

Desura

clue* 1011 binary to hex

If I were to guess the frustration from people comes from the fact that the initial post said it would be first come first serve (earliest pms have precedence) and so then everyone started posting their times that they sent their pms. Then when people started getting games people with later pms got games over people with earlier pms. I figured having a 'regular' status among the people who pm'd gave them a leg up. Its free stuff so its not like anyone lost anything. I don't know if there was bias involved or not, but throwing a fit just makes it so we don't get nice things anymore.

If I was to be frustrated it would be because I was randomly online when the Defiance giveaway started but I was 20 days shy of being a member for 1 year and as such couldn't get a copy :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back