Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tony, I think I am going to grab Marlow Briggs and maybe How to Survive, the character in Marlow Briggs reminds me of Machete and I love that movie.
I was just eyeing it because it looks like my kind of game and for $2.50 with decent reviews...

I will answer this for him, LN3000 cannot grow burgers out of his ass. :lol:
He can. I won't go into the details... lets just say the last time pics were posted, mods rewrote history.

I cant decide whether or not to get Dead Island Riptide or Metro Last Light from Gamefly or hope Amazon adds them to the list the month...  I hate the unknown!

I want to buy that Burnout Paradise DLC but as I've said before... I want all the bonus content but NOT the time saver cheats. Tony, can you suggest to your EA contact that they separate the actual game content and the time saver cheats into two separate codes? I'm not gonna pay the game to play itself for me. Thanks!

my purchases so far

Crysis 3

Ace patrol pack

Freyja bundle

How to Survive (for friend)

Take Down Red Sabre (for friend)

Brothers - Tale of two sons x4 (one for me, three for friends).

should have 18 more left.  looking forward to the rest of January at this rate.

Bought Crysis 3 & Brothers.  Nothing else on the horizon I see myself buying (Freyja pack is cool but I own the core games) but we'll wait and see as other sales come in. 

it would be first come first serve (earliest pms have precedence)
Yes, and I believe I stuck to that fairly well. Yes, I cheated a bit and used my inbox rather than the actual PM system on the website. (Can you blame me? The website PM system kinda sucks.)

People posting times was pretty much irrelevant though, since just about everyone PM'd at the 'same time', the time being 1:07pm PST.

And if you try counting seconds, that's pretty petty, especially because how can you decide whether what time you claim you sent it was the same time as when it would have been received.

And you have to consider the fact that some games had more copies than others. Nobody asked for Burnout Paradise, so people still were able to get a copy of that even if they had asked 5 hours later.

There would not be any system that would have pleased everyone, obviously. Since there were going to be plenty of people who feel they deserved such and such or claim that they messaged "so fast that it's impossible that I wouldn't have gotten one, so that must mean it's unfair!"

I don't even know why this keeps getting brought up, nearly a week later. Aren't there better things for people to dwell on? Like Mooby's slave-nerds?

Amazing.... if only I didn't own all of it.
Definitely a great price for the amount of content in this bundle. The only game I didn't own on that list was Titan Gold, and after briefly checking it out the $7.99 for this bundle still came cheaper than the $19.99 for the PCDD Gold bundle.

So I am sold.

P.S. Everytime I see the color of your text I am like a deer caught in headlights... You and your catchy font color!

I don't even know why this keeps getting brought up, nearly a week later. Aren't there better things for people to dwell on? Like Mooby's slave-nerds?
Shake em Haters off LN.

My idea for the next big code drop Tony does:

Create a private group on steam that is invite only. Only CAGs with X months/years and X posts get an invite. Designate a time to drop the codes, and do so in the steam group chatroom.

Shake em Haters off LN.

My idea for the next big code drop Tony does:

Create a private group on steam that is invite only. Only CAGs with X months/years and X posts get an invite. Designate a time to drop the codes, and do so in the steam group chatroom.
Don't make drops. Make group giveaways on www.steamgifts.com
Problem solved, same chance for everyone, dependable on sheer luck. The only part a human takes place here is to create the giveaway and deliver the prize to the winners once they are designated.

The drama with the last "game by PM giveaway" is really annoying. Just forget it, it's done.

This thread needs more deals.

Wow... so people were PMing and then posting the time they PMed in the thread as some sort of proof.  Didn't realize it was all that serious.  Kind of glad I sat this one out.  I was really tired about 5 minutes before the giveaway so I took a nap.  Woke up in time to snag a Defiance code for my little brother so it all worked out.  

Wow... so people were PMing and then posting the time they PMed in the thread as some sort of proof. Didn't realize it was all that serious. Kind of glad I sat this one out. I was really tired about 5 minutes before the giveaway so I took a nap. Woke up in time to snag a Defiance code for my little brother so it all worked out.
I don't think that's what people were doing. The way I interpreted those posts was people trying to figure out how early/late they were, and if they had a chance or not by whether LN had read their PM yet (most of us assumed that he'd be reading them on the site which shows the time that the PM was read.)

Regarding the Freya bundle, I remember someone saying that if you unlock SupCom: Forged Alliance on Steam, that it gives you the base game as well? And thus, the base game key is extra?

I don't think that's what people were doing. The way I interpreted those posts was people trying to figure out how early/late they were, and trying to figure out whether they had a chance or not by whether LN had read their PM yet (most of us assumed that he'd be reading them on the site which shows the time that the PM was read.)
Ah, ok.

You must hate that friend
And all the LN3000 hate should be directed to this guy. He's the biggest jerk on the site.

Wow... so people were PMing and then posting the time they PMed in the thread as some sort of proof. Didn't realize it was all that serious. Kind of glad I sat this one out. I was really tired about 5 minutes before the giveaway so I took a nap. Woke up in time to snag a Defiance code for my little brother so it all worked out.
There was also at least one person hoaxing like they won something they didn't (because the Burnout Codes were PS3 not Origin)... you really can't believe the unknowns who pile in here for free stuff.

You must hate that friend
Spoder, accept your gift gracefully. ;)

Regarding the Freya bundle, I remember someone saying that if you unlock SupCom: Forged Alliance on Steam, that it gives you the base game as well? And thus, the base game key is extra?
That was true once upon a time (it worked for me 2 years ago), but I think it doesn't work anymore. You could probably try to register FA first, and see if Steam gives you both titles; worst-case scenario is probably that Steam gives you an error because you're trying to install an expansion for a base game you don't yet own.

Hey Tony, I was wondering if you guys are ever gonna bring back the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Complete Bundle from past sales?
+1

Wanted to pick it up last time when it was on amazon for 7.5 dollars, but the fact that it was Origin kind of blew me off.
Any chance of a sale on the steam version?

+1

Wanted to pick it up last time when it was on amazon for 7.5 dollars, but the fact that it was Origin kind of blew me off.
Any chance of a sale on the steam version?
It sounds like the Amalur lawyer gave Amazon/Tony the People's Eyebrow and that was that.

Rhode Island would rather recoup their losses by not selling the ip or selling the finished product.

Looks like people have found some free games after coupon, too bad it's an already heavily bundled game:

Tiny & Big in: Grandpas Leftovers
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFXEBXS/

Tiny & Big in: Grandpas Leftovers Sountrack Edition
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFXEBWY/

Both are on sale but the EC promo credit also applies, making them free.
Nice find, but I have no need for it. It's been HB'd before like you said (the version in the HB was the soundtrack edition).

This was awhile ago, and retail keys, but one of them activates both the base and expansion, and the other is invalid. I doubt they've changed it so both keys activate both.

I bought (from GG) SupCom year ago and bothof codes activated corresponding game.
That makes sense for digital purchases. I was just addressing where the rumors probably came from for the SupCom keys activating both copies.

The Freya bundle looks awesome, but I own everything in it already so that's one more key for those that don't or resellers I guess.

I'm personally hoping or a Kingdom of Amalur bundle, Dead Island Riptide, Saboteur, FC3 Blood Dragon, Singularity, and/or Syndicate.

There are others but not ones that'll go cheap enough to tempt me.

P.S. When will Amazon have some sort of wishlist function for digital games? It's odd to me that we don't get one, and has definitely led to Amazon losing out on some of my money since my brain is busy remembering irrelevant information.

So far I got :
Crysis 3
The Secret World

I have 3 coupons left.

Still on the fence on getting:

How to Survive
Marlow Briggs

I watched youtube videos, and..... eh.

I would just hate to end up with unused coupons if nothing better comes up, y'know?

So far I got :
Crysis 3
The Secret World

I have 3 coupons left.

How to Survive
Marlow Briggs

I would just hate to end up with unused coupons if nothing better comes up, y'know?
I'm insecure about those two too. HtS looks nice on videos (and game description) but have too many bad reviews. MB looks too generic on videos but reviews are better

So far I got :
Crysis 3
The Secret World

I have 3 coupons left.

How to Survive
Marlow Briggs

wait...theyre on sale til the 18th. tony's working to make deals happen every day...buy those if nothing else comes up by the time they expire

So far I got :
Crysis 3
The Secret World

I have 3 coupons left.

How to Survive
Marlow Briggs

I have 12 coupons and haven't used one yet. The games I would have gotten I already have or am getting elsewhere (BI, Brothers, and Marlow Briggs) or I'm missing things for (Crysis 3--don't have 1.) I'm hoping for C&C to show up ~$5-7.50 as I deliberately passed that up during the Winter sale thinking it would definitely be in EC. Now I'm kind of regretting that I waited on that one.

Saints Row 4 for $15 pre-coupon would be great too.
I recently purchased an AMD GPU to get Thief, Farcry Blood Dragon and Saints Row IV. Just noticed on Monday that they pulled SR4 from the deal. So I would love to see it for $10 pre or post coupon.

I cant decide whether or not to get Dead Island Riptide or Metro Last Light from Gamefly or hope Amazon adds them to the list the month... I hate the unknown!
I was hopeful too, that Dead Island: Riptide would be part of the EC list since it was one of the giveaway games. There's still time though, so who knows?

15 months back keys from the THQ store activated both SC & FA on each key.

Source: Experience.
Yeah, that was my experience as well.

I do remember Tony saying that was unintentional and it was "fixed" so that keys no longer activated both.

I How to Survive'd when I saw the decent value of the trading cards. Please don't crash before I sell mine!! Got .24 profit from one already.

Now .19 for another. Goal was to make 50 cents off the cards and I think I'm gonna get around 60. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back