Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

Not sure if you want/need any more suggestions but I would be really happy to buy the original Dawn of War game + expansions in a nicely priced bundle...  EC or not.

Game List

Warhamer 40K: Dawn of War: Game of the Year Edition
Warhamer 40K: Dawn of War: Winter Assault
Warhamer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Warhamer 40K: Dawn of War: Soulstorm

Steam keys please. :)

Decided to check the new games this morning and it looks like I missed Brothers! Damn. Really hoping for a restock before the price changes :/

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Has anyone played Final Exam?  Or are we all waiting for the price to drop $2 tomorrow?  I've got two coupons left and I tend to go for fun local co-op games (because I'm waiting for Steam to implement streaming so I can have friends come over and play in front of the big screen).

Also, I was really hoping that "Injustice - GAU Ultimate Edition" price of $20 would hold over to be EC coupon-eligible.

Was playing Brothers yesterday. Only played about half an hour, is really a fun game, even relaxing, like watching a movie. I like the graphics and the original game mechanics too.

After playing it, I think the game should be short as it is. There are games that have to be short to be enjoyable. That's the main reason I liked and finished Darkness 2, spec Ops the line, to the moon and others. Other games, like most RPGs, must be longer.

A lot of old adventure games are around 2 hours length if you know what you're doing.

Tony,

Not sure if you want/need any more suggestions but I would be really happy to buy the original Dawn of War game + expansions in a nicely priced bundle... EC or not.

Game List

um u miss the 2012 thq dawn of war franchise 9.99 bundle or u have dawn of war 2 alrady?

Though I loved Brothers, I kinda agree with him/her. The only amazing part about the game is gameplay mechanics. Story is nothing but play on emotions.
I personally disagree.

As someone who recently lost a loved one, I think the ending really is ingenious in the way it shows the idea of losing someone you loved and relied on through gameplay mechanics. I suppose how the game's story impacts you depends one where you are in life.

If anyone's curious what you can make on How to Survive cards to offset the purchase price, I wound up with 62 cents profit. Some cards list for around 24 cents and some are higher, up to like 28 cents. Pretty good.

Wow this thread has moved fast. Do we know what companies are still pending on deals? I remember seeing Tony was waiting on some 2K and Microsoft stuff a week ago.

If anyone's curious what you can make on How to Survive cards to offset the purchase price, I wound up with 62 cents profit. Some cards list for around 24 cents and some are higher, up to like 28 cents. Pretty good.
So what you're saying is, my listing them at .32 cents was a big mistake? ;p

Seriously though, I always list high the first day since the market is so volatile. Your post did remind me I had to re-list my cards from yesterday....so thanks!

I can contribute. I have 13 credits left.

Castlevania LoS Ultimate $9.99 precoupon
blacklist $15 precoupon
Metro LL $13.59 precoupon
state of decay $9.99 precoupon
Jurassic park the game 12.99 or less

Yes, and I believe I stuck to that fairly well. Yes, I cheated a bit and used my inbox rather than the actual PM system on the website. (Can you blame me? The website PM system kinda sucks.)

People posting times was pretty much irrelevant though, since just about everyone PM'd at the 'same time', the time being 1:07pm PST.

And if you try counting seconds, that's pretty petty, especially because how can you decide whether what time you claim you sent it was the same time as when it would have been received.

And you have to consider the fact that some games had more copies than others. Nobody asked for Burnout Paradise, so people still were able to get a copy of that even if they had asked 5 hours later.

There would not be any system that would have pleased everyone, obviously. Since there were going to be plenty of people who feel they deserved such and such or claim that they messaged "so fast that it's impossible that I wouldn't have gotten one, so that must mean it's unfair!"

I don't even know why this keeps getting brought up, nearly a week later. Aren't there better things for people to dwell on? Like Mooby's slave-nerds?
YKxZXCLNFG-2.png

Gang%2Bsigns.jpg

Missed it. (And, yes, I have the Dawn of War II games.)
yea i kind of regrt not buy space marine bundle for 7.49 paid a little more on gmg for dlc but got it cheap and my friend give me it late bday present i went to buy re5 instead on gmg best move ever and ln3000 what bout snakey bro spanky party tho or diapers spank party at nse or warreni insnanity party or juanjava wildness party or sunausn burger party or papsports spanky *** party

So wait, people are still being butthurt over not getting free ****. In all this time they've been complaining they could have worked a job to buy the game they wanted and moved on with their life instead.

So wait, people are still being butthurt over not getting free ****. In all this time they've been complaining they could have worked a job to buy the game they wanted and moved on with their life instead.
But if I complain enough that someone finally gives me a free game to shut me up, then it's kind of like getting paid to do a job!

yeah i don't understand it either. I'll buy metro last light and saints row iv when they come with all the dlc and it's all under $5. kind of made a new rule this last year, do not buy non goty stuff.

Has anyone played Final Exam? Or are we all waiting for the price to drop $2 tomorrow? I've got two coupons left and I tend to go for fun local co-op games (because I'm waiting for Steam to implement streaming so I can have friends come over and play in front of the big screen).

Also, I was really hoping that "Injustice - GAU Ultimate Edition" price of $20 would hold over to be EC coupon-eligible.
Why not just use an HDMI cable and play it in big picture mode?

Can we please just stop feeding the trolls. It was an obvious troll post. Let's just move on and let the topic die.
But if we stop feeding the trolls then who will come to our aid when the ogres start attacking?

Hope Brothers restock soon. :whistle2:&
Me too :(.

Tony,

Not sure if you want/need any more suggestions but I would be really happy to buy the original Dawn of War game + expansions in a nicely priced bundle... EC or not.

Game List

Thanks! This was on the list :). Still waiting to hear back.

Wow this thread has moved fast. Do we know what companies are still pending on deals? I remember seeing Tony was waiting on some 2K and Microsoft stuff a week ago.
We haven't heard a definitive "no" from anyone except Shadow Warrior I believe.

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers,

Tony
Aww, man. Hey a lot of people thought DMC was at Amazon DVG, was it ever there before. I thought I saw it, but it's gone now. Besides that, any chance of Rogue Legacy joining the EC?

I can contribute. I have 13 credits left.

Castlevania LoS Ultimate $9.99 precoupon
blacklist $15 precoupon
Metro LL $13.59 precoupon
state of decay $9.99 precoupon
Jurassic park the game 12.99 or less
I didn't even realize State of Decay was on Amazon but I would buy it at that deal price and the same goes for Metro Last Light. Both deals seem pretty realistic. I'm still holding out for Saints Row IV and Payday 2 and will pull the trigger on the Most Wanted DLC deal that I have been requesting. Thanks Tony for working that one out.

Capcom ain't going to sell Castlevania for $5 after coupon.  Nor will State of Derpcay do the same when the lowest it was during Steam sale wasp $12ish?  Would be great but… not going to happen.

Same difference.  Console devs that occasionally make a foray into PC by porting.  Both have been $10… about two weeks ago.  They aren't going to radically drop their price again in such a short time frame.

I didn't like payday. Is payday 2 a lot better?
Depends, what didnt you like about PD1? PD2 is very similar, just add more grinding, smaller maps, better weapon customization, inability to pick the level/difficulty you want to play anytime, tons of dlc and missing features, and uh, the music is about as good.

Same difference. Console devs that occasionally make a foray into PC by porting. Both have been $10… about two weeks ago. They aren't going to radically drop their price again in such a short time frame.
mooby time for snakey bro spanking it big differenc 3 bucks is huge time for ur snakeybro spanking and fart on

I know (think?) you're kinda trolling with that post, but... shallow user-reviews are shallow user-reviews. It's unfortunate that someone can play a beautifully crafted game like that and not be able to appreciate it for what it is.

Everything about it is well thought-out, from the control scheme, the music and sound, the artwork, the characters. The story is nice - not mind-blowing - but it's told so well in concert with those other aspects of the game that it just all... works.

I know, opinions.

Why doesn't Devolver want my money??

Has anyone played Final Exam? Or are we all waiting for the price to drop $2 tomorrow? I've got two coupons left and I tend to go for fun local co-op games (because I'm waiting for Steam to implement streaming so I can have friends come over and play in front of the big screen).

I've played a bit solo, and have been enjoying it. I want to get through a couple more levels before I give a blanket recommendation. It's a solid brawller with a resource bar, skill trees, and improvable stats. There's stuff to collect (for stat-boosting-points) and weapons to find and add to your inventory.

I have a KB/M friend who's #3 on the score leaderboards.

I'd say if you have an interest, the price is right.

My sig. You'll find a link to Sepioth's DRM spreadsheet that is more up to date than my post.

I've played a bit solo, and have been enjoying it. I want to get through a couple more levels before I give a blanket recommendation. It's a solid brawller with a resource bar, skill trees, and improvable stats. There's stuff to collect (for stat-boosting-points) and weapons to find and add to your inventory.
I've looked at that game ten times if I've looked at it once. Based on what you're saying though, there might be enough there to warrant a purchase. I'm imagining Shoot Many Robots, but with monsters (love SMR btw).

Capcom ain't going to sell Castlevania for $5 after coupon. Nor will State of Derpcay do the same when the lowest it was during Steam sale wasp $12ish? Would be great but… not going to happen.
Did pick up that version of Castlevania for about $9 total from Gamestop, so $5 isn't that far off.

I had to learn Portuguese, study the Brazilian postal system, join a Carnivale parade and prove myself proficient in capoeira just to get Castlevania for $6 so it better not be on sale for $5.

Also, I had to explore the Amazon.  No, not Tony's Amazon, the lesser, more obscure one in South America.  You know what they sell there?  Fish that swim up your ding-dong.

I had to learn Portuguese, study the Brazilian postal system, join a Carnivale parade and prove myself proficient in capoeira just to get Castlevania for $6 so it better not be on sale for $5.

Also, I had to explore the Amazon. No, not Tony's Amazon, the lesser, more obscure one in South America. You know what they sell there? Fish that swim up your ding-dong.
Sounds sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back