Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you
I appreciate the appreciation!

Really though, 99.99% of everyone here has been fantastic. Knowing this, I really shouldn't have lashed out as I did. I knew there would be some people unhappy, and trying to find a way to complain, and I shouldn't have let it bother me. Normally I wouldn't.

However, for some reason at that moment, it just really hit me hard, and I took it way more personal than I normally would have. It hurt.

But I guess that's my own fault, and the outpouring of love has been way more than I expected, and I feel kind of uncomfortable through it all, since all the love really should go to Tony for providing the keys.

It was a fun thing to do, and I hope that there will be more opportunities for mass giveaways like that in a future. I've had a few people contact me with suggestions and ideas regarding ways to better organize future mass giveaways, and I'll certainly be giving them a try, with any games I inevitably end up giving away again.

And I hope that Amazon/Tony will give me the opportunity to do the massive one again in the future, although I can understand if Tony would want other people to take a turn or whatever. :p

So, long story short. Yay games! Yay deals! Yay Amazon! Yay Tony! and of course Yay all of you guys in this thread, and CAG in-general.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hope Tony doesn't mind me borrowing his shtick for a bit.

Really though, 99.99% of everyone here has been fantastic. Knowing this, I really shouldn't have lashed out as I did. I knew there would be some people unhappy, and trying to find a way to complain, and I shouldn't have let it bother me. Normally I wouldn't.

However, for some reason at that moment, it just really hit me hard, and I took it way more personal than I normally would have. It hurt.

But I guess that's my own fault, and the outpouring of love has been way more than I expected, and I feel kind of uncomfortable through it all, since all the love really should go to Tony for providing the keys.

It was a fun thing to do, and I hope that there will be more opportunities for mass giveaways like that in a future. I've had a few people contact me with suggestions and ideas regarding ways to better organize future mass giveaways, and I'll certainly be giving them a try, with any games I inevitably end up giving away again.

And I hope that Amazon/Tony will give me the opportunity to do the massive one again in the future, although I can understand if Tony would want other people to take a turn or whatever. :p

So, long story short. Yay games! Yay deals! Yay Amazon! Yay Tony! and of course Yay all of you guys in this thread, and CAG in-general.

Cheers,

Stephen

The rant was well worth reading the whole growing free games out of your ass.
Still makes me laugh.

For a long time I was a lurker here .. hoping to get a few free code from drops and keep up on the sales from Tony.

Then a few months ago I started posting .. helped with the Winter sale DRM spreadsheet .. even a few code drops of my own ..  ... and now this sales sheet.

I must say it has been a blast talking and reading all the posts from you guys. Nothing has allowed me to keep my back log .. well backed up like you guys ... :)

I'm proud to be a member of this thread and of the CAG community.

Updated the spreadsheet (with DRM) in my sig using Tony's spreadsheet .. thanks a lot for that Tony really appreciate that.
Oh man, now even spreadsheets have DRM. What, do people think we'll pirate a list of information now?

For a long time I was a lurker here .. hoping to get a few free code from drops and keep up on the sales from Tony.

Then a few months ago I started posting .. helped with the Winter sale DRM spreadsheet .. even a few code drops of my own .. ... and now this sales sheet.

I must say it has been a blast talking and reading all the posts from you guys. Nothing has allowed me to keep my back log .. well backed up like you guys ... :)

i was only here in 2012 mostyl to check upp on amazon deals then idiot sunasun mindlink coolness was too strong i sign up to see how cool everyone was and i dont regret at all mystrd with his derick this time last year i sign up

Is that all?? It got greenlit on Steam so I picked up the spreadsheet there but apparently it requires and launches Origin and then launched UPlay on top of that. Shenanigans! :wall:
Well your lucky you got it on Steam because anyone who got it in the "Humble Indie Royal Gala Groupee DRM Bundle" WILL NOT get a Steam key ...

But, dIdn't the console-versions sell the Uncensored Content as DLC?
Oh noes I can't see da bubbies.
If you guys would like, I would be more than happy to put on a latex suit and take a picture of myself. But first I must get my latex suit back from spoderman, who has yet to return it after borrowing it from me.

I keed I keed...

But seriously, please return my latex suit Spoderman....

Really though, 99.99% of everyone here has been fantastic. Knowing this, I really shouldn't have lashed out as I did. I knew there would be some people unhappy, and trying to find a way to complain, and I shouldn't have let it bother me.

Cheers,

Stephen

That is the general consensus, people will always find something to complain about when they miss the opportunity to get something for free. I still have to chuckle about the one guy that posted in the Best Buy thread about how he called up Best Buy because he was charged for his expedited shipping on his free order of GTAV. As far as the giveaway is concerned, I personally didn't follow it at all so I can't really say too much about it. From what I read it seems like it was only a small minority that was upset with the way things went down, the rest it seems where only trying to obtain more information about the whole giveaway process which may have led to some confusion and desperation which in turn may have led to their posts coming across more hostile than intended. All in all I wouldn't worry about the small percentile, you donated your time to do something for complete strangers and that is more than enough. Anyone who believes they are owed something needs to "check themselves before they wreck themselves". Okay that was a bit corny, but on a serious note, I am certain that most of us here appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Cheerios,

Rafael

But, dIdn't the console-versions sell the Uncensored Content as DLC?
It came as a free code in the box, but since release they have taken down the servers required to activate those codes. The uncensored content is built into the PC version but like I said before, I find the game essentially unplayable due to a broke ass map. If you want to play it at a low enough resolution for the map to work, I loved the game on PS3 and spent many many hours 100%ing it.

It came as a free code in the box, but since release they have taken down the servers required to activate those codes. The uncensored content is built into the PC version but like I said before, I find the game essentially unplayable due to a broke ass map. If you want to play it at a low enough resolution for the map to work, I loved the game on PS3 and spent many many hours 100%ing it.
All I can think when reading 100%ing is that it looks like a censored swear.

Wait wat. The Saboteur was on Steam?!
Is this sarcasm?

I might have been mistaken. The game's been on the Steam database for a while now, and I could've sworn it was available for sale at one point, but I did a quick search and it looks like it just never went up for sale to the general public.

I have had the PC version for quite a while - bought it from retail when it 1st hit $10; and really dug it. Of course, I have NVidia - so, I never ran into AMD issues.

Ain't tried it on Win 7 64-bit here.

Is this sarcasm?

I might have been mistaken. The game's been on the Steam database for a while now, and I could've sworn it was available for sale at one point, but I did a quick search and it looks like it just never went up for sale to the general public.
y wud i use sarcasm without yellow comic sans?

I have had the PC version for quite a while - bought it from retail when it 1st hit $10; and really dug it. Of course, I have NVidia - so, I never ran into AMD issues.

Ain't tried it on Win 7 64-bit here.
I played it on Windows 7 with an AMD card... and it worked fine? Other than the game being horribly slow due to my old CPU. :(

Then a few months ago I started posting .. helped with the Winter sale DRM spreadsheet .. even a few code drops of my own .. ... and now this sales sheet.

Welcome former lurker / Walter White. I'm glad you decided to start posting. Your good people I think.

How the hell is Amazon out of Brothers codes? They're friggin' codes!
Not sure if this is serious or a joke, but if it is serious the answer is:

We get X number of keys from the vendor at a given time. When we run out, we have to ask for more. Many people are still out of the office, or just getting back to the office after holiday.

If this was a joke ignore everything above and make fun of me for being dense.

Cheers,

Tony

Those who played Saboteur, did you play above 1024p and did the map work? If the map didn't work you'd definitely know it. One post I read said it just didn't support widescreen aspect ratios, wonder if the map would work in 1600x1200 4:3. One way to find out, I'll go check.

Nope. :(

Map works fine at 1280x1024. Might want to force anisotropic texture filtering cause the in-game one looks bad.

I forced some texture filtering and it doesn't look bad at this resolution, gotta be better than the console version at least. Needs some AA badly, which can probably be forced.

How the hell is Amazon out of Brothers codes? They're friggin' codes!
The developer gets the codes from Steam.

The developer then sends those code to Amazon.

Amazon adds those codes to a database.

You buy the game and the codes get used up.

Amazon contacts the developer for more keys.

The developer contacts Steam.

Steam sends more codes to the developer.

The developer sends those codes to Amazon.

Amazon puts more codes into the database.

You can now buy more games.

This is how babies are made.

One day we really should probably upgrade to the LN4000, I hear it spanks twice as fast. If you get a red one rumor is that it's three times faster even.
Common misconception, its actually the white LN4000 that is bundled with Assassins Creed Liberation that is three times faster.

We get X number of keys from the vendor at a given time. When we run out, we have to ask for more. Many people are still out of the office, or just getting back to the office after holiday.

Cheers,
Tony
There was no yellow comic sans font, so he wasn't joking.

Cheers,

Tony
It wasn't a joke .. he didn't use the Yellow Comic Sans sacracms font. :)_

Hey Tony since you are listening may I ask if you have a possible ETA on that Syndicate/Saboteur bundle? I have to sleep soon but don't want to miss it. I will set an alarm if it's at a specific time. Thanks guy.

Last edited:
Is that all?? It got greenlit on Steam so I picked up the spreadsheet there but apparently it requires and launches Origin and then launched UPlay on top of that. Shenanigans! :wall:
You guys are all idiots.
I just picked up the spreadsheet in the Humble Store as DRM free copy, it even came with a Steam key too!

The developer gets the codes from Steam.

The developer then sends those code to Amazon.

Amazon adds those codes to a database.

You buy the game and the codes get used up.

Amazon contacts the developer for more keys.

The developer contacts Steam.

Steam sends more codes to the developer.

The developer sends those codes to Amazon.

Amazon puts more codes into the database.

You can now buy more games.

This is how babies are made.
Way more fun than the sticky mess of a process I was told about. Glad to know it was all lies.

Cheers,

Tony
What about DRM-FREE games?

Ever run out of game-keys for those? ;)

j/k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back