Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, now even spreadsheets have DRM. What, do people think we'll pirate a list of information now?
I'm thinking of going the SCI route and only telling you one of the following:

• When a sale will be
  • The title of the game on sale
  • The sale price

How the hell is Amazon out of Brothers codes? They're friggin' codes!
Even Steam runs out of codes from time-to-time.

Regarding Sabateur, this guy on Amazon was saying 34 years ago that it works fine with 1.03 on an ATI card:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3IX9GZ1X74D9M/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B004BA5EOC&nodeID=468642&store=videogames

I'd never looked at the game before. For $5 with another game (I can't remember which) I'll definitely grab it.

I'm fine with Origin, though. Never had a problem with it. Well, except for the annoying password requirements. I've reset my pw like 5 times in the past few months. The damn Origin client never actually does Remember Me, for some reason. -_-

I'm pondering on that XCOM Declassified game as I have one last EC left and I'm thinking of using the EC on it. Is it any good?
It was in a get loaded bundle with other titles (like Bioshock Infinite) which effectively made it $7.50. It didn't review super good so I imagine if you're patient and aren't wanting to play it immediately you'll be able to grab it at sub $10 at some point in the coming months (summer sales).

Is that all?? It got greenlit on Steam so I picked up the spreadsheet there but apparently it requires and launches Origin and then launched UPlay on top of that. Shenanigans! :wall:
The spreadsheet also has TAGES. If you try to open it more than three times, it'll crash your system.

It was in a get loaded bundle with other titles (like Bioshock Infinite) which effectively made it $7.50. It didn't review super good so I imagine if you're patient and aren't wanting to play it immediately you'll be able to grab it at sub $10 at some point in the coming months (summer sales).
Ah, interesting, I am in no hurry to play it at this point and the prospect of paying less than 10 bucks for it sounds promising.

Castlevania LoS Ultimate $9.99 precoupon
blacklist $15 precoupon
Metro LL $13.59 precoupon
state of decay $9.99 precoupon
Jurassic park the game 12.99 or less

Sounds like a good list to me - especially what I bolded.
Tony,

Lots of interest from many members. Any chance on these?

Those who played Saboteur, did you play above 1024p and did the map work? If the map didn't work you'd definitely know it. One post I read said it just didn't support widescreen aspect ratios, wonder if the map would work in 1600x1200 4:3. One way to find out, I'll go check.

Nope. :(

Map works fine at 1280x1024. Might want to force anisotropic texture filtering cause the in-game one looks bad.
It's been over a year since I played it, but I know I used a widescreen resolution and the map worked. It was lower than my monitor's native resolution, but it was widescreen.

Is anyone else unable to load the spreadsheet?
Send the publishers an email begging to reset it for more activations.
You are completely at their mercy. They will reset it for you.. if they feel like it.

Edit: If they ignore you and/or are too lazy to reset the activations for you, and you bought it from Amazon, Contact Amazon and they will send you a new one.

Send the publishers an email begging to reset it for more activations.
You are completely at their mercy. They will reset it for you.. if they feel like it.

Edit: If they ignore you and/or are too lazy to reset the activations for you, and you bought it from Amazon, Contact Amazon and they will send you a new one.
/like lol hhe eldrepe need to be spankified heh

Tony,

For a couple of EC suggestions I haven't seen:

Shadowrun Returns 12.50

Sleeping Dogs 7.50

ac3 deluxe - 12.50 (maybe 15)

chronicles of mystara - 7.50

twd - season 2 - 20 (if you could get a steam version.)

Tony,

For a couple of EC suggestions I haven't seen:

Shadowrun Returns 12.50

Sleeping Dogs 7.50

ac3 deluxe - 12.50 (maybe 15)

chronicles of mystara - 7.50

twd - season 2 - 20 (if you could get a steam version.)
shadowrun returns could be a good one. i wouldn't buy it at that price, but it's yet to be more than what, 55% off?

Hey Tony

For more comment I think remove price or say something with game out of order in Editor Choice page, It's must be better.

LOL thanks

OK I'll try again.

Hey Tony

Could you add some more detail in Editor Choice page what's game out of stock.

OK? better? 

LOL thanks

OK I'll try again.

Hey Tony

Could you add some more detail in Editor Choice page what's game out of stock.

OK? better?
Currently we're out of stock on Brothers, Bioshock Infinite, and the Freyja's Bundle.

I don't think you will see that added anytime soon ... seeing how the OP is not even up to date with the latest games :p
Yeah I'm having some trouble with getting my excel to copy/paste into CAG. I'm going to update the OP to just have a link to the excel until I can get all the links working and posted.

Currently we're out of stock on Brothers, Bioshock Infinite, and the Freyja's Bundle.

Yeah I'm having some trouble with getting my excel to copy/paste into CAG. I'm going to update the OP to just have a link to the excel until I can get all the links working and posted.
Tnoy smeeys lyike Amunzons buurken duawn, heheh

They're only so many numters in the letterbet.
That's why later this year, September 2014, the Alphabet is finally entering Beta. Beta-bet will have new features including 17 new letters to sing about (new alphabet song TBA in Q3 2014). I heard there will also be new DLC letters added throughout 2015.

I added a tab on my spreadsheet to include games that are out of keys :)

When the game is available again I will move them back to the sale tab.

Also it appears the Mass Effect 2 + Bioware points is on sale now .. did not see that mentioned anywhere but I may have missed it in the wall flood of posts :)

That's why later this year, September 2014, the Alphabet is finally entering Beta. Beta-bet will have new features including 17 new letters to sing about (new alphabet song TBA in Q3 2014). I heard there will also be new DLC letters added throughout 2015
I will have to hold off speaking starting in 2015 until a complete edition is released. :cry: Hopefully EA/Bioware won't be in charge of that dlc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back