Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, stupid question likely been asked a thousand times: What's the difference between instant access and online game code? Wouldn't both be codes that you have to enter in Origin? Instant maybe does that for you? I want to snag C&C for the 50th time and I don't know which to choose. I don't see anything worth picking up with the single EC coupon I have besides that.

Okay, stupid question likely been asked a thousand times: What's the difference between instant access and online game code? Wouldn't both be codes that you have to enter in Origin? Instant maybe does that for you? I want to snag C&C for the 50th time and I don't know which to choose. I don't see anything worth picking up with the single EC coupon I have besides that.
From my understanding Instant Access just places the game directly into your Origin account, whereas the online game code option gives you a code to enter into Origin to activate the game. The latter is obviously more useful if you plan on trading or giving away the game.

Instant syncs to your account so you don't have to enter the product key on Origin, yes. It's the same way that the newer Humble Bundles have been doing with Steam.

I, too, would be interested in a BL2 group invite. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wesr

And since the giveaways & deals are a little slow right now:
First one to quote this and name a game (except Reus) that they'd like out of HIBX, I'll PM you a gift link. :)

Edit: Toki Tori 2 to xanchui.

Also, list your CAG username in your Steam profile, especially if under a different username.
This! Though this is a longer running complaint. I hate looking at a steam friend's profile and trying to figure:

Who the fuck are you?

If you were really my friend, you'd keep up with my name changes.
I don't count the number of times that hamster turns it's hamster wheel either. ;)

Okay, stupid question likely been asked a thousand times: What's the difference between instant access and online game code?
*twitch* This question really bothers me since its answered fairly prominently on (all?) the instant access pages.

Holding out hope for Far Cry 3 for $10 or under...Oh, who am I kidding. Time to break out the disappointment. fuck

If you download it from Origin does it not have Securom? I downloaded/installed mine from Direct2Drive or Gamefly, before Origin existed, but then registered it on there later.
From the Origin store page:

FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD:
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES SECUROM DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY FROM SONY DADC. FOR MORE INFORMATION, INCLUDING HOW TO UNINSTALL SECUROM, VISIT HTTPS://SUPPORT.SECUROM.COM/INDEX.HTML. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.

FOR PACKAGED PRODUCT:
ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES SECUROM COPY PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY FROM SONY DADC. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT HTTPS://SUPPORT.SECUROM.COM/INDEX.HTML. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE.

EA's cheap tactics worked, I bought the Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC cause they were shoving it in my face at all times, cars I couldn't drive, races I couldn't do, stats I couldn't complete... but anyway all 4 packs showed up in the game on my first launch, that's a relief. It remains to be seen whether that will hold up, hopefully I don't have the issues that so many people have had. And that Lamborghini Aventador is some hot shit.

One Editor's Choice credit left. :cry:

I'm still sitting on 11. How do you give these away? I'm not going to until the end, but it'd be a shame to have them expire if other people can use them when I'm done.

I'm still sitting on 11. How do you give these away? I'm not going to until the end, but it'd be a shame to have them expire if other people can use them when I'm done.
You can't give them away since they are linked to your account, but what you can do is buy the game for them and have them pay you back over PayPal or something.

What I did last year was have people PM or e-mail me an Amazon gift card code for the amount of the game or bundle they wanted (minus the $5 EC coupon of course). Just seems easier that way.

What I did last year was have people PM or e-mail me an Amazon gift card code for the amount of the game or bundle they wanted (minus the $5 EC coupon of course). Just seems easier that way.
Yeah, this seems easier. Kind of lame, tbh; I guess it's to help prevent people from giving out EC coupon codes as that way less of them get used.

I am still hoping Enslaved pops into the EC list (@$5 after coupon).  Played it/own it on the 360, but I want dem better grafix if I ever revisit it... Which if I am being completely honest with myself (which I rarely am) probably won't happen...... I have a problem.

Oh yeah.. and SR4 @ $7 after coupon would be a buy for me.

EA's cheap tactics worked, I bought the Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC cause they were shoving it in my face at all times, cars I couldn't drive, races I couldn't do, stats I couldn't complete... but anyway all 4 packs showed up in the game on my first launch, that's a relief. It remains to be seen whether that will hold up, hopefully I don't have the issues that so many people have had. And that Lamborghini Aventador is some hot shit.

One Editor's Choice credit left. :cry:
I've barely started this one. So, they got you on the dlc.... I'm tempted. The Charger is one of the extras.... arrhhhhgg.

There will be better EC deals in February.
Hope so!

Hey Mooby, I just started playing
Deathspank
, and it was weird to find your avatar there
except without the cool hat.

By the way, it seems like he is zapp brannigan but with pants. Close your eyes and listen, could swear it's the same guy.

Edit: Turns out it's not Billy West, but rather Michael Dobson.

Since you blocked off CAG time today Tony I figured I would throw this out there again. Is there any chance of a Ticket To Ride complete bundle or a DLC bundle for a good price in the near future? Maybe complete for like 4 or 5 bucks and or DLC bundle for 3.50ish or 4? If not in February maybe?

Hey guys,

Back and alive again. If I missed any questions or concerns, I've got CAG time blocked off for the rest of the day!

Cheers,

Tony
You've got to stop eating those strange, roadside bacon doughnuts, Tony. Just say no to unfamiliar street meat and get the real thing down in Portland.

Also, glad that you're feeling better. How about a pricematch on Company of Heroes 2 and Saints Row IV's DLC in order to celebrate?

(Okay, maybe that's not the best way to celebrate, but you'd sell some of the DLC. That's got to be good for the bottom line. ;))

Hey Mooby, I just started playing
Deathspank
, and it was weird to find your avatar there

except without the cool hat.

By the way, it seems like he is zapp brannigan but with pants. Close your eyes and listen, could swear it's the same guy.
I love the artwork in Deathspank… and… that's about it. Anticipated it pre-release because I thought Ron Gilbert would make it more of a proper ARPG than just an adventure game with ARPG mechanics. Shame because I think a true ARPG with that mix of 2D/3D artwork and style would be great. Even for an adventure game it's fairly shallow without many real puzzles or thought required. I didn't even bother finishing the sequel as I got bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back