Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for those using Origin.

Every once in a while it puts me in offline mode. When I go back to online mode it says I'm logged in on another PC and logging in now will log out that computer.

Anyone else experience this. First time I changed password, just in case, but it has happened twice since then.

I also saw an post on EA forums that showed this has been happening since 2011.

"Editors Choice", maybe the editor needs to play more games as the title of the sale is kind of misleading.

I'm happy that the $5 coupon didn't sway me into buying on Amazon in December like it did the previous year and I know that it's not Tony's fault as such as the publishers are obviously not playing ball but it might pay to get publishers locked into sales prior to announcing the $5 off coupons in December next time.

As for games I'd like to see on sale

Typing of the Dead Overkill

Saints Row IV

Shadow Warrior 2013

Dust an Elysian Tale

Call of Duty games

Skyrim DLC

Metal Gear Rising

Injustice Gods Among us

Final Fantasy VIII

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Arkham Origins

And the 5% off steam card sale that was like 3 weeks ago for a total of $9 :D/ :rofl:
Yeah, I bought tons of those. It made me extra giddy each time I bought a Steam item, knowing that it was being paid by 5% less funds. I actually found a BB a week ago that still had up their sign and bought some there too.

"Editors Choice", maybe the editor needs to play more games as the title of the sale is kind of misleading.
When you're a little older and ready, we'll tell you about "Game of the Year".

Every once in a while it puts me in offline mode. When I go back to online mode it says I'm logged in on another PC and logging in now will log out that computer.
Sometimes I'm playing games on the Origin account I hacked from this guy named Sepioth when all of a sudden it kicks me out and says another user is on it! :whistle2:x

so it's a polite way to say "No, we are not interested"?
Welp, I don't want to put words in his mouth but the official word is: 'still waiting to hear from them.'
IMPO, If the "still waiting to hear from them" was more that a week ago, to me I would prefer a "No, we are not interested" answer since it save time for Tony to move on and try with other publishers/devs.

Also comunicate with us since there are some whom are passing on some deals hoping for these publisher games be added.

5% off $10 would make it $9.50 .. :D/ :whee: :D/
damn can't save that extra $0.50 :dunce: :wall:

Anyone else experience this. First time I changed password, just in case, but it has happened twice since then.

Hasn't happened to me personally, but have you thought of having a keylogger or something installed there? I have heard of hijacked Origin accounts too, but if this problem only happens on Origin to you, it might be something with that program in particular. Just make sure you don't have random hackers spying on your pws, the rest is manageable; try messaging EA support maybe.

I can go one better than that - for a while someone was using my Origin account to play BF3, even went as far as changing my avatar. Wasn't smart enough to change the email address on the account though, thankfully.

Hasn't happened to me personally, but have you thought of having a keylogger or something installed there? I have heard of hijacked Origin accounts too, but if this problem only happens on Origin to you, it might be something with that program in particular. Just make sure you don't have random hackers spying on your pws, the rest is manageable; try messaging EA support maybe.
Well nothing on my account is being played so no idea .. and I know I'm virus/keylogger free.

Plus it happed again an hour after a PW change. Typically keyloggers don't hack accounts within the first few hours they get your info.

I can go one better than that - for a while someone was using my Origin account to play BF3, even went as far as changing my avatar. Wasn't smart enough to change the email address on the account though, thankfully.
My account was hacked once too in the past .. same thing. I believe it requires EA's help or something to change an email address.

I'm happy that the $5 coupon didn't sway me into buying on Amazon in December like it did the previous year and I know that it's not Tony's fault as such as the publishers are obviously not playing ball but it might pay to get publishers locked into sales prior to announcing the $5 off coupons in December next time.

As for games I'd like to see on sale

Typing of the Dead Overkill

Saints Row IV

Shadow Warrior 2013

Dust an Elysian Tale

Call of Duty games

Skyrim DLC

Metal Gear Rising

Injustice Gods Among us

Final Fantasy VIII

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Arkham Origins
+1, most of those are on my list too. Basically anything good that hasn't seen a deep sale so far is widely wanted. And also, are we getting any free games with those coupons? I believe it was confirmed yes on reddit back in December, but I remember most people were skeptical about it.

Well nothing on my account is being played so no idea .. and I know I'm virus/keylogger free.

Plus it happed again an hour after a PW change. Typically keyloggers don't hack accounts within the first few hours they get your info.
My account was hacked once too in the past .. same thing. I believe it requires EA's help or something to change an email address.
If you haven't yet, turn on the Login Verification. Basically same thing as "Steam Guard" add that extra security.

It's on :)

To be safe though I changed it again .. :)

Gonna run an AV scan and stuff .. even though I know theres nothing there. But we will see.

Just a reminder that three of the best EC deals, Brothers, Marlow Briggs, and How to Survive, are scheduled to end tonight, so if anyone has been on the fence (or holding out because they were hoping for better deals), don't forget to jump on them.

Still on the fence about Marlow Briggs :whistle2:k

Edit: Wait, no, just realized it's $2.49 after EC coupon.  F' it, I'm goin' in! 

IMPO, If the "still waiting to hear from them" was more that a week ago, to me I would prefer a "No, we are not interested" answer since it save time for Tony to move on and try with other publishers/devs.

Also comunicate with us since there are some whom are passing on some deals hoping for these publisher games be added.

damn can't save that extra $0.50 :dunce: :wall:
well, if a girl said "don't call me, I will call you"... or "I will let you know" and she never responses back then that's a polite "NO" right there. I am not sure what have gone wrong this year since the past two years, publishers were very receptive to Amazon .. hmm

Do you have it linked to a PSN account someone else uses? I've had problems being logged out when my kids are on the PS3

Just a reminder that three of the best EC deals, Brothers, Marlow Briggs, and How to Survive, are scheduled to end tonight, so if anyone has been on the fence (or holding out because they were hoping for better deals), don't forget to jump on them.
u forget takedown sabre gives u extra copy to friend

That bundle fodder is three of the best makes me QQ.

I cast my vote for a Paradox strategy bundle.

Centerpiece of Crusader Kings II with DLC.

Add in March of the Eagles and others.

The Origin thing: you might have simply lost your connection to the internet temporarily at some point. It thinks your new IP is a new person trying to log in, when it's still just you. This happened to me a few weeks ago when my internet went down, and I've never had problems with someone else accessing my account.

This is just a theory, mind you, I don't know if it actually does this.

Thanks! Almost forgot to pick up Takedown.

Best_Day_Ever.jpg

Well my IP does not change .. have had the same one for quite a while now.

Just going to chalk it up as a bug in their system for now. I know my account is safe as well as my email address. So even if they can get in all they could do is play my games .. or even buy me new ones.

Just going to chalk it up as a bug in their system for now. I know my account is safe as well as my email address. So even if they can get in all they could do is play my games .. or even buy me new ones.
Yeah when my internet disconnects it seems to lose the session and thinks I am logging in from somewhere else when it reconnects...

It's just Origin being stupid, or it's me hacking your account. You decide which.

I'll mention it again here - in case someone needs help with EC coupons, PM me and we can manage it, I have some spare ones I probably won't be using so I could give a helping hand here.

So I got tired of having a huge unplayed games list on Steam. Basically it was ~200 games because the only organization I had was folders for completed games 2012 and 2013, "extra crap" that various games added, online only, macintosh versions, and "didn't like."

I added:

Short (

So I got tired of having a huge unplayed games list on Steam. Basically it was ~200 games because the only organization I had was folders for completed games 2012 and 2013, "extra crap" that various games added, online only, macintosh versions, and "didn't like."

I added:

Short (<5 hours)

Medium 5-15

Long 15-25

Extra Long 25+

These are based on HLTB averages. The hope is that this will make it easier to decide which games to play.
i just sort mine by genre

i just sort mine by genre
Well, the intent is to make it easier to get them played. A set of ~200 games is pretty intimidating when trying to decide what to play; if I know I'm in the mood for something short and already have that list ready, it's a lot easier to make a decision and get to it.

The hacker found out the key he stole was for Origin and now he is pissed. He will now proceed to troll you endlessly for giving him access to the one thing on earth he didn't want.

Well, the intent is to make it easier to get them played. A set of ~200 games is pretty intimidating when trying to decide what to play; if I know I'm in the mood for something short and already have that list ready, it's a lot easier to make a decision and get to it.
truth, although for me it's a bit easy to make that determination even just by genre...most rpgs and strategy titles are on the longer end of the spectrum, while indies tend to have the shortest of the short, etc.

Then again, I usually know what game I'm going to play next before I finish the game I'm on.

Something else I'm gonna try doing is playing shorter games during the week when I get off work, and save my longer titles for weekends, when I can devote entire days toward getting immersed in them.

I'll mention it again here - in case someone needs help with EC coupons, PM me and we can manage it, I have some spare ones I probably won't be using so I could give a helping hand here.
I also have a few extra ones in case mm3n runs out.

I think there's going to be a LOT of people with spare ones...
A week ago I was still pretty optimistic about how EC would turn out, now...not so much.

Things could still turn around. Getting Brothers for 2.64 (after tax) was pretty sweet, and that and TSW deals alone made this event alright, I guess. Was really hoping for more, but who knows what happens.

I've been thinking about grabbing Marlow Briggs since the EC Sale began.  Just noticed today is the last day of the lower price....   gaaaa!

EDIT:

I grabbed it. :D/

I've had this happen, about 2 days ago and several other times too.

If you haven't yet, turn on the Login Verification. Basically same thing as "Steam Guard" add that extra security.
Thanks, I didn't know about this. I'm also going to generate a stronger Origin password just to be extra safe.

Tony,

Sunasun International is giving away keys for Thief 2014. Can we get a PM on that please?
:shame: no price matches on us based intergalactic or international sellers

every time windows crashes, i restart windows, it updates and restarts itself it does this to me.

I only got 2 codes left and Im interested in How To Survive and/or Marlow Briggs (didnt know this game existed until I read it here).

Just in case I regret later: Are there any more EC deals or this is it?

I only got 2 codes left and Im interested in How To Survive and/or Marlow Briggs (didnt know this game existed until I read it here).

Just in case I regret later: Are there any more EC deals or this is it?
Like everyone else said, we don't know.. but there will probably be a few more deals at the very least. Tony's not gonna leave us hanging.

Unknown yet
We don't know. Last thing we heard from Tony is that he has only received "we're looking into it"-type answers from most publishers.
Like everyone else said, we don't know.. but there will probably be a few more deals at the very least. Tony's not gonna leave us hanging.

I didn't get the Editor's Choice sale I wanted, but I got the one I needed. Brothers, Most Wanted & DLC... This'll do. :cool:
Most Wanted DLC... is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back