Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, Crysis Maximum isn't on sale anymore?  It really would have been nice to know the end date on that one.  I don't think it was ever stated.  I was considering it while waiting to see what else got added to the EC list.

Any chance it can make it onto an encore/recap day?  Along with some of the other deals that ended?

I have like 4 coupons that I have not even used.

I either have everything or just don't want the others.

I really want to bite at AC4 at $25 with the coupon but I can't pull the trigger...

So has anybody in here actually played The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? How'd you like it? The WTF is...video wasn't very positive, but 7.49 seems a decent price unless it's terrible.

Oh hey, I'll bite on Absolution there.
It fits the model too - price was $5, $2.50 here, sold.

Though I'm assuming the one ala carte is standard for it to hit this level. Professional would be both the lowest even before coupon like that. Professional ain't really worth much anyway; there's a digital art book, making of, and a weapons DLC pack.

thanks! any chances for H:Contracts too?
I asked about this one too. I'd love to see it happen, but the last time I checked Amazon did not yet carry Hitman: Contracts.

It's a shame too, because lots of people say it's the best game in the series and it just got re-released on Steam this week. I know they'd sell a ton of them.

FYI just got an update. We're going to bring Hitman Absolution (a la carte) to $7.49 and apply the $5 credit to it.

Cheers,

Tony
Between the various Rockstar deals, Tomb Raider, the Thief Bundle, and now this, this promotion is ending on a ridiculously high note. Thanks for all the hard work Tony, it's truly appreciated.

I really want to bite at AC4 at $25 with the coupon but I can't pull the trigger...
Im in the same boat as you, I think its worth 25, I saw very good critics about the game.. but the CAG in me can´t get over the fact that is 25!

I'm guessing the GTA Trilogy does not include GTA 1 & 2, right?  Really wish I had grabbed those from Rockstar before they were taken down. 

AFAIK, GMG is the only retailer whose GTA Complete key includes GTA 1 & 2 -- was hoping this key is actually the old Grand Theft Auto Classics Pack that included GTA 1 & 2.

Anybody who picked up Final Exam, you had a chance to play it yet? How is it?
I found it fun for the first half of the game. By that point, it recycled stages, enemies and even bosses, and the skill tree enhancements didn't add enough to give it much variety. I still think it was a fun game, but it overstayed its welcome by about an hour or so.

Hey Tony,

any chance we might see the big deals that have ended come back for a Recap day? Like Brothers, Marlow Briggs and Final Exam for example. Nothing else caught my attention and it seems like not much more is gonna get added, kept coupons hoping for something on my wishlist but no such luck.

Ashes was saying good things.
I found it fun for the first half of the game. By that point, it recycled stages, enemies and even bosses, and the skill tree enhancements didn't add enough to give it much variety. I still think it was a fun game, but it overstayed its welcome by about an hour or so.

Hmmm, sounds like I might go ahead and bite next time it hits 75% off then. Don't expect it to be too deep, but if it's fun for a while it'll be worth it. Thanks.

Hmm, I don't know which to get - MP3 + GTAIV or MP3 + LA Noire. I haven't played any of those games...
Hmmm, if only GTAIV+LA Noire was a combo.

You could get I guess maybe MP3 and LA Noire? Since the DLC for MP3 isn't crucial, though I've heard you might want it for LA Noire. You could always get the GTAIV, III, VC, and SA combo and cover everything, but you already have the first three I assume?

Hey, if EA guy is still around still holding out hope for Mass Effect Trilogy. Saw gamers gate could get a sale on it, though 13.49 is weak seeing how amazon had it for $10 a few weeks ago. Surely a repeat or something in the middle could be done...!

(If it's $10 I'll even put the first on the top of the backlog *and* bioware money starts to matter.)

i still have 10 and have not used any. just waiting to if anything will show up from my wishlis list. i doubt we will see anything substantial on the weekend which still leaves today and next week. i will look into getting ac4 at year end since its still ouit of my price range.

Does Hitman Absolution Professional Edition (Amazon) include Hitman Sniper Challenge?

I know it's included in Steam-bought versions, but I dunno if it's included in the Amazon key version.

Edit: Wait whoa what. Absolution Pro isn't discounted?! SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!

Does Hitman Absolution Professional Edition (Amazon) include Hitman Sniper Challenge?

I know it's included in Steam-bought versions, but I dunno if it's included in the Amazon key version.

Edit: Wait whoa what. Absolution Pro isn't discounted?! SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!
The Professional Edition is not anything special. The DLC is just 3 guns two of which are early unlocks which you get normally through the course of gameplay anyway.

Unless you simply must have the art PDF and making of documentary video I'd skip it.

The Professional Edition is not anything special. The DLC is just 3 guns two of which are early unlocks which you get normally through the course of gameplay anyway.

Unless you simply must have the art PDF and making of documentary video I'd skip it.
I like bonus things like documentaries! I always try to go for those editions if possible. Hell, I've rebought games I have on Steam as physical version because of the goodies. :)

Unfortunately so many of these sites automatically convert prices to USD for US visitors. It's hard to tell if there's nothing obvious on the site to indicate otherwise. :(
Wait a minute. I have to apologize. I think my reply to you came off as being very rude and that wasn't my intention. So, I'm sorry for sounding like that.

Sometimes I get prices quoted in UK Pounds or Euros - and that's how I figured it out. So again, sorry.

Come on Tony, but questions like this get asked because of all the unrelated bullshit posts on this forum. It's pretty hard to keep up when you have to go through several pages. I myself have missed out on price match deals. By the way your post reply was #19339 this post is #19566 or so.

My tone for this posts= Two friends shooting the shit while sitting at a bar.
I meant to reply to this yesterday but really wanted to make dinner :). My point about the question was that, you don't need to follow the thread to know if something is price matched. You can go to www.amazon.com/gamedownloads and check the price of the product, in this case, it had been matched for like an hour lol :).

Tone = My brother and I at a bar after he's asked me how to sync his Wii Remote, again.

Love you guys.

Cheers,

Tony

Oh hey, I'll bite on Absolution there.
It fits the model too - price was $5, $2.50 here, sold.

Though I'm assuming the one ala carte is standard for it to hit this level. Professional would be both the lowest even before coupon like that. Professional ain't really worth much anyway; there's a digital art book, making of, and a weapons DLC pack.
Pretty sure I got Hitman: Absolution from Amazon last year for $4.50 which possibly throws your model off by .25

Tony,

Just out of curiosity, how does the PM request on the website work? Does that just shoot you an email, is there some semi-automated process that occurs to check the link provided and match if it's on an approved list of sites, or what?

I bought my first "creative soundblaster" kit (CD + sound card) back then based on the games. It included around 40 games and 10 multimedia software. 500$
SoundBlaster 16 or GTFO ;)

I was taught...hope for the best, but expect the worst. Seems to apply to pretty much everything in life in bed.
ftfy

Anybody who picked up Final Exam, you had a chance to play it yet? How is it?
y u no read? I wrote about it before. Competent brawler, skill trees, stat points. It has more depth in combos that it appears. I recommend it. I liked it solo. It should be fun with friends too. (up to 4 player net-play).

This. Don't confuse it with getting the sniper challenge pre-order DLC.

Tony,

Just out of curiosity, how does the PM request on the website work? Does that just shoot you an email, is there some semi-automated process that occurs to check the link provided and match if it's on an approved list of sites, or what?
It is almost 100% witchcraft.

We have this automated system that spits us info from time to time and that we can log into and check as well. There's a lot of nuance to it that helps drive what surfaces to the top and what doesn't. A lot of the time I see requests for PMs and just forward it to the folks that manage the system with a question mark.

Cheers,

Tony

It is almost 100% witchcraft.

We have this automated system that spits us info from time to time and that we can log into and check as well. There's a lot of nuance to it that helps drive what surfaces to the top and what doesn't. A lot of the time I see requests for PMs and just forward it to the folks that manage the system with a question mark.

Cheers,

Tony
Gotcha. I was just wondering because I've been entering PM requests through the site as a first response, having nothing happen, then mentioning it in the topic and then suddenly it switches (if it ever does.) Wasn't sure if maybe they ultimately just went to you and hitting you up when you're online was the best approach.

Not that I'd say that is what it should be, but that's kind of the way it comes off as far as my successes and failures go. :-({|=

SoundBlaster 16 or GTFO ;)

ftfy

y u no read? I wrote about it before. Competent brawler, skill trees, stat points. It has more depth in combos that it appears. I recommend it. I liked it solo. It should be fun with friends too. (up to 4 player net-play).

This. Don't confuse it with getting the sniper challenge pre-order DLC.
Reading isn't my strong soot, but thanks for reposting the info.

So has anybody in here actually played The Bureau: XCOM Declassified? How'd you like it? The WTF is...video wasn't very positive, but 7.49 seems a decent price unless it's terrible.
It's certainly not terrible. It's just not great. If you're an XCOM fan its frankly worth it for the opportunity to shoot sectoids in the face. People moan about the AI but you're meant to micro manage your team - that's kind of the point of XCOM. If that sounds alright to you then go for it. If you're expecting a more traditional style team based shooter then you're going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back