Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
re: No EC next year. That's probably for the best if the publisher reception this year was lukewarm. It's not like Amazon still can't do sales in January, they will just be straight sales is all rather than all the mysterious buildup with a potential let down for some.

January is an odd month anyway. Mostly everything is coming off just having done some really big sales and you kind of need some break from sales otherwise you're basically Magicka and sales are meaningless.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see it come to an end.  I mean the end result is the same thing - good sales - so I could care less one way or another.  Rather than it being  reward for Amazon customers, I think far too many people use it as an opportunity to whine and complain about the coupons.  I can't even imagine how this looks to the average amazon customer too who isn't following these sites.  

People who has coupons and have the games already: give it to the people who has no coupons like me and see them happy playing gta 3, vice city, san andreas like a kids please. My english sucks dawg

re: No EC next year. That's probably for the best if the publisher reception this year was lukewarm. It's not like Amazon still can't do sales in January, they will just be straight sales is all rather than all the mysterious buildup with a potential let down for some.

January is an odd month anyway. Mostly everything is coming off just having done some really big sales and you kind of need some break from sales otherwise you're basically Magicka and sales are meaningless.
Also in January I'm flush with new games from the holiday sales, I'm sure even the normals are too. My highlights are Marlow Briggs, Final Exam, and (to be) the Burnout Paradise DLC. I did get Crysis 3 and a few other things, but I haven't played them yet.

Thank god it's ending. All these crappy sales that set new all-time low prices were starting to piss me off.

Thank god it's ending. All these crappy sales that set new all-time low prices were starting to piss me off.
Yeah, I think all this "this year sucked" stuff is way overblown. Past years were very similar. Last year you had a company going out of business so that made it a little better, but I believe negotiations with publishers have always been in January for the most part in years before.

The problem with the sale is just that its too open for complaining all around:

Don't set prices to their all time low plus stack coupon = complaint

No free games = complaint

Don't let coupons stack = complaint

Set prices to their lowest price and stack coupon = complaint from those who paid lowest price before coupon during recent sale

Free games = complaint from people who paid for the games

Don't put enough stuff on sale = complaint

Put a lot of stuff on sale = complaint that the same stuff is on sale

Put a lot of stuff on sale = complaint we already own the stuff

etc. etc. etc.

Add to that the coupons are easily abusable by purchasing cheap DLC and it just makes less and less sense to go through it all.

Yeah, I think all this "this year sucked" stuff is way overblown. Past years were very similar. Last year you had a company going out of business so that made it a little better, but I believe negotiations with publishers have always been in January for the most part in years before.

Set prices to their lowest price and stack coupon = complaint from those who paid lowest price before coupon during recent sale

etc. etc. etc.

Add to that the coupons are easily abusable by purchasing cheap DLC and it just makes less and less sense to go through it all.
You forgot that Tony hasn't even offered to PM me steam keys of every game on my wishlist. That's some f&$^ing bulls*&#

I didn't hate the sales, but I still have my socks unlike other years where I was blown out of them. Part of that is owning these games from previous sales, via Amazon or Steam, such as the Tomb of the Sleeping Hitman and part is due to a slight increase in prices comparatively. (Have I mentioned I want Fifa 14 for $20 like other years?).

That in mind I still want to voice my appreciation to Tony for this year and for the years past in the way that he actively sought and continues to seek out great deals for this community. By far my best purchase to date with Amazon has been the Crusader Kings II pack for, I believe, 5 dollars on which I've logged over 200 hours so far and am nowhere close to done.

Online it is convenient and easy for our negative impressions to be the appearance that is being presented due to limited responses as compared to a conversation where both the positive and the negative will flow more freely together.

Thanks for the year past, Tony, and looking forward to the one to come.

tl;dr Appreciation at Tony and Fifa 14 for $20?

{Legacy Of Kain Mods Galore Post}
You may have some control issues with the first Soul Reaver, the games are still great and the story is top notch.

A little fix for the widescreen/30fps uncapper (SR1)

http://nosgothica.org/games/sr1_fix_hook_eng.zip

and the camera patch for Defiance, so you're not stuck with fixed cameras.

http://nosgothica.org/games/def_camswitcher.zip

2nd link

http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/kaind/

Blood Omen 2 Widescreen

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24722&p=12411&hilit=blood+omen#p12411

all the other files

http://www.nosgothica.org/index.php?id=files_eng

Unfortunately SR2 is stretched...

and Blood Omen 1 complete story:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kDzqScUs-E[/youtube]
Awesome!

I appreciate you posting mods and stuff for these older games to get them a bit more modern. :D

Subjectively: Worst Sale Evah!

Mostly because amazon doesn't accept funds from all of my steam marketplace sales! I did buy Marlow Briggs, and will likely purchase the Burnout dlc cars, but that'll probably be all for me. The one sale I wanted to see was Saints Row IV for $15 so I could see if the EC coupon would stack with the $5 promo from buyings SR3.  Personally, I'd support ditching the coupons solely for fundamental reasons. 

Objectively: 

There has been some pretty decent deals, especially now that more publishers than just EA have responded. The first two weeks were definitely on the weak side, and would have been all but nonexistent had EA not bothered like most of the others. The TSW pm deal was awesomesauce, and Tomb Raider / Hitman / Rockstar deals have helped save the sale. I'm now starting to see 'I'm running out of coupons zomg!" posts, which is a nice change from all the complaint posts =)

Well, since it seems to be ending, time to reminiscence. For me, the highlight of the entire EC stuff was the Paradox packs. That right there was an awesome moment to be a part of. I think I bought 20+ and gave away.

Still got plenty of coupons and haven't bought many games in 2013 so quite a bit's missing! Go out with a bang I say.

Though one issue not stated is the matter of other competition. It's not just PC sources either, consoles are at the table too. Gonna go on for a bit here.

Brothers for example I have no desire to spend any notable amount of money because I've already got it... from Sony, for free via PS+. Yeah yeah, it's a subscription service, but at the $30 it was everywhere (which was similar to the year before on the right sale) and the 50 or so games gotten is pretty big. Borderlands 2, XCOM, Hitman Absolution, Hotline Miami, Sleeping Dogs, Kingdom of Amular, Binary Domain, Battlefield 3, Deus Ex, Spec Ops, KOF13, and Darksiders - these are games also on PC now that were on it last year. It's not including the PS3 exclusives or the January ones. With a service like that it isn't possible to ignore how this will affect Amazon. Especially with the massive increase of PS+ users from the holidays. PC is usually better mind you, especially when it's a change of 30 fps to 60 fps,

Now that amazon is ALSO carrying these digital games I expect competition to come in that way too for more regular sales. Also worth noting, policies on PSN games probably should be clearer. Not sure what to expect as all that's generally known is "Amazon digital now has Sony games." There's good potential here but I don't know anything about why I should buy from you guys there.

Basically that even when a good sale is on for PC right now we're in a situation where there's some very, very competitive value in the consoles. Microsoft is starting to actually not suck on their sales too. Though we're a far cry from them being the bigger non-pc competitor for this.

Unless it's sleeping dogs. Because it's free there and not even on sale here (Sony gets a pass for doing that like 6 months ago).

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see it come to an end. I mean the end result is the same thing - good sales - so I could care less one way or another. Rather than it being reward for Amazon customers, I think far too many people use it as an opportunity to whine and complain about the coupons. I can't even imagine how this looks to the average amazon customer too who isn't following these sites.
most losers not the elite cag we just have fun talking bout the boringness after winteer sale most of the sale 2013 i didnt buy till lllthe final few weeks lol

I think these are all the currently active deals (borrowed from SteamGifts):

1/5 - 1/31
$6 ($1 after EC) Ace Patrol Bundle
$13 ($8 after EC) Bioshock Infinite
$12.49 ($7.49 after EC) The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (pricematched until 1/27)
$15 ($10 after EC) XCOM Collection

1/20 - 1/26
$10 ($5 after EC) Crysis 3 (Origin)
$10 ($5 after EC) Crysis 3 The Lost Island (Origin)
$8.49 ($3.49 after EC) Dead Space 3 Awakened (Origin)

1/23 - 1/31
$7 ($2 after EC) GTA Trilogy
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Max Payne 3 Complete
$11 ($6 after EC) GTA Trilogy + GTA IV
$8 ($3 after EC) LA Noire + Max Payne 3
$8 ($3 after EC) GTA IV + Max Payne 3

1/24 - 1/26
$8 ($3 after EC) Battlefield 2142 Deluxe (Origin)
$7 ($2 after EC) Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack (Origin)

1/24 - 1/31
$9 ($4 after EC) Tomb Raider
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Thief Bundle
$7.49 ($2.49 after EC) Legacy of Kain Bundle

$15/$18 ($10/$13 after EC) Final Fantasy XIV/Collectors Edition
$13 ($8 after EC) Hitman Bundle

1/27 - 1/31
$8 ($3 after EC) Mirror's Edge + DLC (Origin)
BF 2142: Deluxe

I'm guessing everybody probably still playing BF3 and/or BF4...

...but does anyone play BF 2142 anymore?

Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicles

So, is it worth getting the DLC for the new cars?

Is there any other new content besides cars here?

New events or anything?

I wish Big Surf Island was getting a PC port.

Ace Patrol Bundle

That so cheap and got Sid's name on it, might have to buy it and add it to my Sid Meier/Firaxis backlog.

Dead Space 3: Awakening

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Undecided. I dunno.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

It's $7.49 on GetGamesGo.

I know - Amazon DVG won't match International deals.

Why would I now waste a EC coupon on Amazon DVG's deal, if I actually wanted that at that price?

I think I'll wait for a better deal than $7.49 on The Bureau.

Though one issue not stated is the matter of other competition. It's not just PC sources either, consoles are at the table too. Gonna go on for a bit here.
That might impact your purchasing decisions, but some people play PC exclusively so console sales really aren't in the equation. I don't really see the sense in comparing a game given away for free on PS+/XBLG with PC game sales; apples to oranges as they say.

If only there was a place on the internet where we could just talk about the deals, that way we wouldn't have to wade through miles of opinions. A "deals forum", if you will. 

I didn't hate the sales, but I still have my socks unlike other years where I was blown out of them. Part of that is owning these games from previous sales, via Amazon or Steam, such as the Tomb of the Sleeping Hitman and part is due to a slight increase in prices comparatively. (Have I mentioned I want Fifa 14 for $20 like other years?).

That in mind I still want to voice my appreciation to Tony for this year and for the years past in the way that he actively sought and continues to seek out great deals for this community. By far my best purchase to date with Amazon has been the Crusader Kings II pack for, I believe, 5 dollars on which I've logged over 200 hours so far and am nowhere close to done.

Online it is convenient and easy for our negative impressions to be the appearance that is being presented due to limited responses as compared to a conversation where both the positive and the negative will flow more freely together.

Thanks for the year past, Tony, and looking forward to the one to come.

tl;dr Appreciation at Tony and Fifa 14 for $20?
freyja bundle would be great for me if i didnt already brought it but i say that has to be top the 2 llast yar paradox xbundle i brought made me went insnae on paradox. those two are top 5 for me. tony plz dont end ec what im suppose to do in janaury how im suppose to use my money in jan why u ddo this.

Story short: I love ec sale it when i go buy for friends after christmas. I blame publishers for being high on not putting sale cause i will still buy games when i want when it hits the CAG No. 1 rule 75% off any time if i dont have money i would buy it wheni can or i change my mind or so on.

I think a lot of people are mad because they bought (dlc for) coupons and now their coupons are "useless". 

It's a fucking coupon people, not a gift card, it never has and never will have any real value.

I'm on pins and needles here, mate. Make a decision.

edit: I'm going to pop some corn while I wait with bated breath.
here a decision for u
AJ_Yes_1.gif
that also for u too mysterd

I think a lot of people are mad because they bought (dlc for) coupons and now their coupons are "useless".

It's a fucking coupon people, not a gift card, it never has and never will have any real value.
who does that oh wait losers not me i dont buy for coupons i buy for what i want or need or interested not to get ec

etc. etc. etc.

3cd8a33a.png

That might impact your purchasing decisions, but some people play PC exclusively so console sales really aren't in the equation. I don't really see the sense in comparing a game given away for free on PS+/XBLG with PC game sales; apples to oranges as they say.
And there's many people who play on both PC and consoles. It's pointing out that hey, there's an elephant in the room that we're just kind of ignoring, is there anything that can be done here or are we just going to keep ignoring it now that consoles also are on x86?

Considering Amazon Digital got PS3 games for download in November it's relevant here too. Early on in the EC sale people were wondering why they got coupons for PS3 purchases and if they could spend money on that. Moving forward this is going to be a lot, lot more relevant and important so it's best to not ignore that we're gonna have a notable influx of Sony hardware owners, not PC, and all of THOSE sales are going to matter and be directly compared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back