Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock Infinite isn't exactly a price match, they lowered the base price to $29.99 (which had already happened earlier this month most places) but left the 67% discount in place. Will be interesting to see if they "correct" it back to the other price or leave it there for the rest of the sale.

Bioshock Infinite isn't exactly a price match, they lowered the base price to $29.99 (which had already happened earlier this month most places) but left the 67% discount in place. Will be interesting to see if they "correct" it back to the other price or leave it there for the rest of the sale.
That's what happened they lowered the base price to $29.99 from it's previous price tag of $39.99, when they did change the price they also changed the % discount from 67% to 56% so that the discounted price would actually stay the same.. $13.20. Now it's back at 67% which brings the price down to $9.99.. is the switch back to 67% a mistake? I dunno, but it was voluntary changed back after even though they originally made the change to keep the $13.20 price.

I wonder if the BSI price is a side effect of matching the physical product to Best Buy, which I believe is part of their weekly sale.

Can't find any competitor with a similar price on Rivals, so if anyone is interested, I would grab it soon.
I wasn't stressing about the how since $10 is the usual BSI sale price. Rivals on the other hand is half the previous best price of $25. I don't know the how or the why, but, given Rivals' price history and Most Wanted 2012's price history, I think it'll be a while before we see this price again.

In for:

NFS Rivals.

Dammit, Ashes - you're killin' me here. ;)

I might also even buy The Bureau from Amazon DVG, based on your recommendation + others liking it.

That could be next, since I'm ready to ditch Deadly Premonition and after what I've been playing tonight.

Already around 2 hours into Dead Space 3: Awakened - taking a break from it.

Those are some pretty solid prices! I already own BSI on Xbox 360 and Rivals on Xbox One, yet I have this strange urge pushing me towards double dipping.. No... I must resist...

I would have seriously considered double dipping on Rivals so I can use my PC steering wheel, but from what I read the game doesn't support steering wheel controls. :/ My last two EC coupons live to see another day...

Those are some pretty solid prices! I already own BSI on Xbox 360 and Rivals on Xbox One, yet I have this strange urge pushing me towards double dipping.. No... I must resist...

I would have seriously considered double dipping on Rivals so I can use my PC steering wheel, but from what I read the game doesn't support steering wheel controls. :/ My last two EC coupons live to see another day...
would this [customspoiler='YES Yes BUY NOW']
tumblr_inline_mtmctd2QKW1rbhic8.gif
[/customspoiler]make u want to ?

Soooo I know I'm not gonna use all my coupons, so I decided to let somebody else enjoy what was my personal GOTY for 2013. If you want a copy of Bioshock Infinite, send me a PM. Must be a regular (you should know if you qualify). First to PM me gets it.

Edit: Nobody has asked for it yet, 10 minutes later. Unexpected.

Here's a blahg I just wrote about the games I played last year, btw, if you're bored and feel like reading about my pathetic life, yet enjoyable, life: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/3846/entry-24172-games-i-played-in-2013/

Double Edit: It's gone. Surprised it lasted so long.

So, what the Hell is going on?

(Pun intended, yes).

NFS: Rivals is downloading at 6.66 MB per second here from EA Origin.

{eyebrow raised}

Soooo I know I'm not gonna use all my coupons, so I decided to let somebody else enjoy what was my personal GOTY for 2013. If you want a copy of Bioshock Infinite, send me a PM. Must be a regular (you should know if you qualify). First to PM me gets it.
[customspoiler='What bout her ?? ur gf or spankingg partner']
yOAp2sf.gif
[/customspoiler]

Just finished Marlow Briggs. What a fun game. Was definitely surprised.

The "matrix stop motion" cut scenes where a little different. But the gameplay and stuff where pretty solid. Even the voice acting was pretty good :)

When you play the top down plane and helicopter scenes I was expecting one of these power ups :)

capcomyashichi.JPG

NFS: Rivals for $13.18 after coupon? Holy cow. 

I bought it for the PS4 when it came out, so I'm a bit against double-dipping just to have it on my computer... but then again, I do play more games on my computer than on a console, so... I think I'm going to end up getting this. Drat. Origin... 

What is the cheapest price morrowind GOTY steam copy has been? I am interested in buying one, but I rather not pay full price. Anyone think amazon will put it on sale soon?
About 2 months ago, I got Morrowind GOTY for $5, Oblivion GOTY Deluxe for $6.25, and Skyrim for just over $20, like $20.32 I think, all on Amazon on one day. I'm not sure how long the sale lasted though. Unfortunately it wasn't quite the Elder Scrolls Anthology deals on Black Friday, but still pretty good, especially since we're talking individual games, not having to buy all the games at once. Over one of the Steam sales the past couple months, I'm pretty sure Morrowind GOTY was $5, don't think it's been lower than that though. I'd assume you'd find it for $5 eventually again some point soon. And it's gone for $5 a number of times recently, so that's your best bet.

Soooo I know I'm not gonna use all my coupons, so I decided to let somebody else enjoy what was my personal GOTY for 2013. If you want a copy of Bioshock Infinite, send me a PM. Must be a regular (you should know if you qualify). First to PM me gets it.

Edit: Nobody has asked for it yet, 10 minutes later. Unexpected.

Here's a blahg I just wrote about the games I played last year, btw, if you're bored and feel like reading about my pathetic life, yet enjoyable, life: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/3846/entry-24172-games-i-played-in-2013/
I actually PM'd you about a minute after you posted. I thought you were giving away the coupon though, not the game itself! Either way I wouldn't mind paying the $5.

OK, so I'm finally going to start MW. I was going to wait for OpenMW but I'm thinking that's at least a year away from being usable *and* stable. Other than MGSO, are there any other essential gameplay and/or patch/fix modes that I should install?
There are probably a ton more mods out there, but MGSO is an amalgamation of mods all rolled together for great justice.

I have a few codes that will never, ever sell. If anyone wants one of these classics, pm me.

Men of War: Red Tide

Star Wolves III

Trine II Complete

Two Brothers ( Not Tale of Two Sons)

If no one wants, I'll just drop 'em later

I have a few codes that will never, ever sell. If anyone wants one of these classics, pm me.

Star Wolves III

Trine II Complete

Thanks for Trine II Complete. First code worked.

Any chance to get more GTA IV codes before Jan 31st ?

I was worried that would happen one way or another for the last couple of days but was busy and forgot to buy the bundle for a friend and now it is gone.

On the other hand, NFS: Rivals is an awesome game that I am still enjoying as I pre-ordered it from Amazon for $45 after some $5 credit and thought it was totally worth it. For $13 it is a no-brainer.

I'm so happy Max Payne 3 and LA Noire are finally on sale. I've never had a chance to take part before. Finally! My god I've been waiting for this. Thanks Tony! I love the diversity in the sales! Seriously; they are NEVER on sale! Like, literally. You were so busy putting newer games on sale that I thought you'd never bother to put an older game like this on sale.

every week over the last year, I've been patiently waiting for MP3 to go on sale...and now it is! YES! Keep the unique deals comin'!

All that fretting over an extra $2.50 for The Bureau and it turns out I had a ton of 2K credit left over from earlier in the year anyway (I'm guessing from getting Bioshock Infinite). Could have used it on Enemy Within when it was $10 as well and still have some left over.    :razz:

I'm so happy Max Payne 3 and LA Noire are finally on sale. I've never had a chance to take part before. Finally! My god I've been waiting for this. Thanks Tony! I love the diversity in the sales! Seriously; they are NEVER on sale! Like, literally. You were so busy putting newer games on sale that I thought you'd never bother to put an older game like this on sale.

every week over the last year, I've been patiently waiting for MP3 to go on sale...and now it is! YES! Keep the unique deals comin'!
Oh my god i hate you

My poopy diapers are so old they've pooped themselves

Edit: Tony sucks right? I mean, the ONLY thing on sale is MP3 and La noire. NO Squeenix titles. NO 505 games. Bioshock Infinite isn't 5 dollars post coupon right now. GTA trilogy isn't 2 bucks post coupon. There haven't been a gazillion EA games on sale this month. IT'S ONLY MP3 AND LA NOIRE. THAT'S IT. GAHHHHH

Wound up using all 5 of my EC credits when I wasn't expecting to use them all. Might regret snagging the Dead Space 3 DLC but overall the deals this time around weren't all too bad. Thanks again for your hard work T-Money!

Dead Space 3: Awakening

Bioshock Infinite

Ace Patrol Bundle

Hitman Absolution

Crysis 3

Star Wolves III

Trine II Complete

Code for SW3 worked. Thanks, psyched!

I'm so happy you took the time to post this. You NEVER complain, I've been waiting for weeks hoping you'd crack and start ranting, so thanks for finally giving me what I and everyone else wanted! I really appreciate how you switch things up with your posts and are always offering such great suggestions for what Tony could put on sale. For reals, you contribute more than anyone else in this thread so I'm glad you're getting your moment of grieving now and then you'll be back as our favorite member of the thread.

I never get tired of you, keep the great posts coming!

I love this community :whee:   Pasports31 gave me Bioshock Infinite out of pure kindness and I feel the need to give something back in here.

Just a little drop.. Most people here probably caught the Humble Origin Bundle but for anyone who didn't..

Mirror's Edge (Origin) Key - CDVD-5TZS-BDBK-RM7B-38QS

Enjoy !!

I'm so happy you took the time to post this. You NEVER complain, I've been waiting for weeks hoping you'd crack and start ranting, so thanks for finally giving me what I and everyone else wanted! I really appreciate how you switch things up with your posts and are always offering such great suggestions for what Tony could put on sale. For reals, you contribute more than anyone else in this thread so I'm glad you're getting your moment of grieving now and then you'll be back as our favorite member of the thread.

ftfy

I love this community :whee: Pasports31 gave me Bioshock Infinite out of pure kindness and I feel the need to give something back in here.

Just a little drop.. Most people here probably caught the Humble Origin Bundle but for anyone who didn't..

Mirror's Edge (Origin) Key - CDVD-5TZS-BDBK-RM7B-38QS

Enjoy !!
Thanks BoGG, I appreciate the drop.

feel better? Deep breaths...come on do them with me.

So one of my friends that works for EA was selected by the company to go on the Bud Light Cruise to the Super Bowl.  Oh, and they drink beer in their offices on Friday's. 

It's kind of ironic that a company known for treating its customers so horribly, treats its employees so well.  Kind of jealous actually lol.

Psst, Tony... that thing you did with Bioshock Infinite... love it... bought it... could you do the same thing (that thing you did) with X-Com Colleciton, buddy?

So one of my friends that works for EA was selected by the company to go on the Bud Light Cruise to the Super Bowl. Oh, and they drink beer in their offices on Friday's.

It's kind of ironic that a company known for treating its customers so horribly, treats its employees so well. Kind of jealous actually lol.
10 years ago they had some serious labor relations issues. I had a friend affected by it.

...lol...you felt the need to make a second reply to this. Feel better now that you got your perfectly well-thought-out response in order? Good! And...lol...you hate an anonymous video game forum user. Sad.

and although you're right in that I was clearly being facetious, you translated it quite harshly. Your words, bud. Yeesh, I'm not a barbarian.
my dream in life is to hang out with you and bruticus and we can frolick through the meadows while eating ice cream cones and farting rainbows...like this!
Untitled.jpg

So one of my friends that works for EA was selected by the company to go on the Bud Light Cruise to the Super Bowl. Oh, and they drink beer in their offices on Friday's.

It's kind of ironic that a company known for treating its customers so horribly, treats its employees so well. Kind of jealous actually lol.
Maybe EA just needs to stop hiring angry drunks as their CS reps...

FWIW, I had some issues with Origin (which they subsequently resolved peacefully) when it was first launched. I have had no issues with them since then and actually like the Origin hud over Steam's.

my dream in life is to hang out with you and bruticus and we can frolick through the meadows while eating ice cream cones and farting rainbows...like this!
Untitled.jpg
whatever your point, I am literally lolling. Thanks for my new desktop wallpaper.

I still have not yet been able to figure out how to change the default installation directory for Origin.  For that reason alone, I hate it.  I, like many others, use a small Solid State Drive and a larger Hard Drive, and guess which one Origin always installs to?  Meanwhile over on Steam, it lets me choose where I want to install each game. 

[customspoiler='Blondtourage need to buttcheck you now ']
SD_559_Photo_035.jpg
[/customspoiler]

...lol...you felt the need to make a second reply to this. Feel better now that you got your perfectly well-thought-out response in order? So clever. So fresh. And...lol...you hate an anonymous video game forum user. Sad. I was hating in a deal. You're in a whole 'nother world.

and although you're right in that I was clearly being facetious, you translated it quite harshly. Your words, bud. Yeesh, I'm not a barbarian.

Put me on ignore if you literally hate what I say and who I am. They put these tools in there for a reason, no? I guess these little internet quarrels are just more desirable to you. It's obvious because you exclusive respond to my more negative and cynical posts, where I actually provide a wide range of emotions and opinions...but, elective reading will do that to you, especially when you go on your depressing quarrel-hunting agenda.
[customspoiler='Dont be ass or this girl wont spank you']
tumblr_mbr34zMBQW1qhwdqso1_500.gif
[/customspoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back