Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
My Amazon DVG EC Haul so far in Jan 2014:

For Myself:

01. GTA Trilogy (Steam)

02. Ace Patrol Pack (Steam)

03. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Bonus Vehicle Pack DLC's (Origin)

04. Dead Space 3: Awakened DLC (Origin)

05. NFS: Rivals (Origin)

06. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. (Steam)

# of EC Coupons still left = 7

I don't know if Amazon is going to price match the Lords of Football DLC or not and I had some cardz money so I grabbed the USA DLC on Steam. Hopefully you can play the Sounders with that DLC. I'll find out I guess.
I believe you might hopefully be able to play a generic version of the Sounders. I was looking at the screenshots and the LA team is listed as the Los Angeles Wonders (which don't exist?) so I'm assuming they went cheap and didn't license anything from MLS.

I believe you might hopefully be able to play a generic version of the Sounders. I was looking at the screenshots and the LA team is listed as the Los Angeles Wonders (which don't exist?) so I'm assuming they went cheap and didn't license anything from MLS.
Nah, the reviews noted that they didn't license teams.

Oh geeze, waaat waaat waaat waaaaaaaaaaah.

I guess they figured no cares enough about US soccer to notice.

I wonder if the LA Wonders have a Beckham lookalike that's named something else. :p

Nah, the reviews noted that they didn't license teams.
Which kind of begs the question why you need a USA DLC if there aren't any real USA teams in it. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Stupid Question

Since Lords of  Football is a weekly deal in steam, it will be PM that whole time right? I'm thinking of grabbing this one at the last minute of EC.

I've never played digital football before so Lords might be fun.  Maybe.

Speaking of software purchases has anyone bought boxed software from the Amazon Warehouse?  I'm looking at a drawing package that is marked as Like New with possible damage to the packaging (don't care).  Any reason not to buy a returned cd package?  I honestly didn't even think you could return software but there it is.

Stupid Question

Since Lords of Football is a weekly deal in steam, it will be PM that whole time right? I'm thinking of grabbing this one at the last minute of EC.
It SHOULD but given Amazon, you really don't know if it will. Sometimes the pricematches fall out randomly. I know that's not reassuring at all, but I would say if you REALLY want it then get it now.

I wonder if the LA Wonders have a Beckham lookalike that's named something else. :p

Which kind of begs the question why you need a USA DLC if there aren't any real USA teams in it. Things that make you go hmmmm.
I assume the Euro DLC wasn't selling well so they changed some names and colors and gave it another go?

I've never played digital football before so Lords might be fun. Maybe.

Speaking of software purchases has anyone bought boxed software from the Amazon Warehouse? I'm looking at a drawing package that is marked as Like New with possible damage to the packaging (don't care). Any reason not to buy a returned cd package? I honestly didn't even think you could return software but there it is.
I haven't, but I did buy a nutritional scale from AWD that was described the same. I got it and it didn't work. With nothing on it the thing would float several ounces in each direction.

So I just returned it and they paid return shipping and it was no harm.

So I guess the reason I posted is that if the software is already activated,used, etc. it shouldn't be a problem to return it.

Heyo!

I hit up the folks about a recap but it doesn't look likely. My best hope is that I'll be able to swing something while down at Namco tomorrow face to face but we'll see.

Nope, I haven't been commenting because I was hoping I'd hear back. Looks grim at this point.

Cheers,

Tony
Call EA Guy again!

EA did a hell of a job of at least showing up for this EC Sale!

We need some BioWare Point deals for DA2. ;)

I want Legacy, Mark of the Assassin, and Exiled Prince!

Maybe a recap on NFS: Most Wanted ALL DLC Pack, too - while we're at it. ;)

Stupid Question

Since Lords of Football is a weekly deal in steam, it will be PM that whole time right? I'm thinking of grabbing this one at the last minute of EC.
Probably / Should be... wouldn't absolutely count on it. I'm not worried about running out of coupons at the moment so I bought it right away... it's something completely different for ye olde backog.

Also Amazon could run out of keys if it gets popular...

I haven't, but I did buy a nutritional scale from AWD that was described the same. I got it and it didn't work. With nothing on it the thing would float several ounces in each direction.

So I just returned it and they paid return shipping and it was no harm.

So I guess the reason I posted is that if the software is already activated,used, etc. it shouldn't be a problem to return it.
There is that activation thing isn't there. Which is exactly why they should not accept software returns. I would not be happy to make the purchase only to find that the registration key had already been used. I'm assuming you still need to register physical software products. I haven't bought one in ages and they don't offer digital at the moment.

I was painfully unprepared for this EC list sale and ran out of my meager two coupons after buying Ace Patrol and Brothers ATOTS.

I'd like to get hold of:

Max Payne 3 Complete
Lords of Football
GTA Trilogy
Battlefield 2142

If anyone has leftover coupons and can get me one of these games I can provide a full Indie Gala January bundle in exchange.

Call EA Guy again!

EA did a hell of a job of at least showing up for this EC Sale!

We need some BioWare Point deals for DA2. ;)

I want Legacy, Mark of the Assassin, and Exiled Prince!

Maybe a recap on NFS: Most Wanted ALL DLC Pack, too - while we're at it. ;)
The NFS MW DLC pack is well balanced... with the real dlc, not cosmetics or cheats. I'm so happy they didn't put cheats in it.

There is that activation thing isn't there. Which is exactly why they should not accept software returns. I would not be happy to make the purchase only to find that the registration key had already been used. I'm assuming you still need to register physical software products. I haven't bought one in ages and they don't offer digital at the moment.
Yeah, it depends on what it is.

I know for some of my audio software it has to be activated and you have to either use the USB Dongle that comes with it to verify ownership or be signed in online to the account associated with the key. Some of it though still works on just the "Ask for key and go if it works" but still gives you the option to verify online. I would check with the company website to see what it says.

I was painfully unprepared for this EC list sale and ran out of my meager two coupons after buying Ace Patrol and Brothers ATOTS.

I'd like to get hold of:

Max Payne 3 Complete
Lords of Football
GTA Trilogy
Battlefield 2142

If anyone has leftover coupons and can get me one of these games I can provide a full Indie Gala January bundle in exchange.
I can get you one of those, but only for an Amazon GC (price + 8.25 tax)

I've never played digital football before so Lords might be fun. Maybe.

Speaking of software purchases has anyone bought boxed software from the Amazon Warehouse? I'm looking at a drawing package that is marked as Like New with possible damage to the packaging (don't care). Any reason not to buy a returned cd package? I honestly didn't even think you could return software but there it is.
You might be better off asking on one of the console threads. I believe there is an Amazon Warehouse one. I think they would have much more experience than most of us in this thread would with what the various conditions equate to etc for boxed warehouse stuff.

My haul was:

Crysis 3

Brothers

Marlow Briggs

COH 2 Collector's Edition

Still five coupons left by my count but nothing grabbing me.  Thought about the GTA trilogy but I'm honestly not sure I'd get around to playing them and the whole "you should download these patches/mods to make them decent" thing puts me off.  Not that I'm afraid of installing mods but I have plenty enough games that don't need 3rd party mods to be playable.

How do you get/generate Amazon GC for specific amounts?
I have some coupons left, I'm just curious
Some people also just email codes. You can email it directly to the recipient or some people email the GC to themselves and then give the recipient the code (which works as long as you don't redeem the code yourself).

There's a Free2Play game online called www.footballsuperstars.com that's practically the same game as Lords of Football but a little less Simsy.
Looking more into Lords Of Football I was wrong, LOF is more a management/Sims game whereas in Football Superstars you play as one player in a football career.

My haul was:

Crysis 3

Brothers

Marlow Briggs

Still five coupons left by my count but nothing grabbing me. Thought about the GTA trilogy but I'm honestly not sure I'd get around to playing them and the whole "you should download these patches/mods to make them decent" thing puts me off. Not that I'm afraid of installing mods but I have plenty enough games that don't need 3rd party mods to be playable.
three games for 2 dollars

you're not gonna get it?

you aint no cag

My haul was:

Crysis 3

Brothers

Marlow Briggs

Still five coupons left by my count but nothing grabbing me. Thought about the GTA trilogy but I'm honestly not sure I'd get around to playing them and the whole "you should download these patches/mods to make them decent" thing puts me off. Not that I'm afraid of installing mods but I have plenty enough games that don't need 3rd party mods to be playable.
My rule for anything you plan to mod that is a Steam-version - back-up the game folder somewhere else in its unmodded state.

That way if you screw anything up b/c you try modding stuff up (maybe some mods don't work together, maybe you put mods in in wrong order, or whatever) or say a new official patch is released that breaks your (modded) game, it's pretty easy to just start from a clean unmodded state.

Saves you re-download time - especially true on big-sized games.

My Haul so far:

Burnout Paradise DLC

Crysis Pack (Warhead/Wars/Crysis 1)

Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC

Syndicate/Saboteur Pack

How to Survive

Brothers

Ace Patrol Pack

My haul was:

Crysis 3

Brothers

Marlow Briggs

You might have six coupons left, as COH 2 was just a price match/glitch, not on the EC list.

So far for me:

Two Brothers
Bioshock Infinite

One EC left. Got to debate which one would be best if nothing changes between Thief, Hitman, la noire/max Payne.

My EC Haul

Freyja's Bundle
Legacy of Kain pack
GTA trilogy
Hitman Absolution
BioShock Infinite

3 coupons left, hoping for a last minute surprise before I use them.

It's obvious, in the UK version at least, which made up team matches up to which real team.

But it does somewhat beg the question as to why they need to charge for a DLC full of made up data. Though the description hints there are changes for your league format (with regards to playoffs)

In random other news, Laxius Force for Desura: E2DZH-BVD2L-TSWPH-9ZSPQ-Z4QBA

My EC Haul so far:

Crysis 3

Brothers - ATOTS

Marlow Briggs (excellent find, wasn't on my radar)

Final Exam (excellent find, wan't on my radar)

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack

BioShock Infinite

Need For Speed: Rivals

Lords of Football

I'm so upset I'm throwing my toys out of the pram.

It's been a solid run, picking up steam late in the month.  I'm happy with it.

[customspoiler='Haul Post']

SimCity

SimCity: Cities of Tomorrow

Brothers

Marlow Briggs

Mass Effect 2 + Bioware Points

Mass Effect 2 + Bioware Points (yes, I bought it twice)

Sims 3: Island Paradise

Sims 3: Into the Future

Sims 3: Movie Stuff

Sims 3: Dragon Valley

Crysis Maximum

Theif Bundle

Tomb Raider

Lords of Football

...and Company of Heroes 2, but that doesn't really count.

[/customspoiler]

4 coupons left.  I like this promotion.  After a lengthy winter sale period where I basically only bought stuff that was either glitched, bundled, or with Steambux, it was nice to go overboard once again and buy some games I actually wanted.  Start the year off right.

edit: lazy spoiler failure edit

[ Haul List ]

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass [Online Game Code]

Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Pack [Online Game Code]

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death [Online Game Code]

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons [Online Game Code]

Personally, whether I bought games or now, I still enjoy the sale and thank AVG for putting it on.  AVG is at the mercy of publisher participation, and in some respects, pricing as well I imagine.  I did benefit from both the sales in December and the EC ones this month.  While perhaps not as much as I did last year, I find no reason to complain.  I bought some for myself, some for friends, and still have coupons to use if something new arises.

All-in-all, good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back