Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
The EA account system is shit, you have the classic account, ea account, origin account, forum personas... I have literally 8+ accounts tied to my overall ea profile cause they keep changing it. Hot pursuit doesn't require Origin, I have a standalone one.
EA lurker dude, please copy the above and spam it company wide. This is yet another reason I prefer to just skip EA titles.

If I own KoA complete on Origin and buy just base on Steam (and sign into my EA account) - can I get DLC to work?
Don't know, but I wouldn't count on it.

You could get Mass Effect 3 themed gear in KoA if you had played the right demo of whatever and then logged in with your EA account, I guess that's what it was for.

Don't forget the multiplayer, which is downright fantastic if you enjoy horde modes.
I never did try ME3's multiplayer mode (I have a very limited appetite for multiplayer with strangers), but I really enjoyed almost all of ME3. They built quite a sci-fi universe in those three games and the third one had a lot of epic moments.

I never tried it, since I don't have Steam-Amalur - but I wonder if a BioWare Social Network log-in would work for an EA Log-in into Amalur-Steam.

I'm sure some people just don't want to EVER install Origin, if they're given such a chance.

Only thing that sucks for those fans - ME3, BF3+4, Crysis 3, every NFS since The Run, and many other recent big EA titles flat-out require Origin....so, they ain't even on Steam, since Valve and EA ain't on the friendliest of terms.
FTFY.

2010's Hot Pursuit and 2011's Unleashed 2 are both on Steam.

If I own KoA complete on Origin and buy just base on Steam (and sign into my EA account) - can I get DLC to work?
http://help.ea.com/en/article/where-should-i-purchase-dlc-for-reckoning-on-pc/

2nd paragraph says you need to buy Origin version of DLC, so the answer is no. Besides, to even use any DLC on Steam for any game, you would need to have the base game, since you can't buy DLC alone.(well, you can buy it as a gift, but you can't activate it on your Steam account without the base game)

Everyone say "Thank you Namco and Lahdpal". 

Lahdpal got in touch with me earlier today to let me know there is in an issue with our Dark Souls keys. As a result, we've had to request more keys from Namco, which we have yet to receive. As a result, Dark Souls will not likely be on sale at midnight, but when we get new keys.

Because we know we've had issues with getting keys same day in the past, Namco has agreed to extend the sale through 2/1 and to make sure we get keys sometime tomorrow.

If you have reposted this deal across the internet, please do me a favor and update your posts :).

Also, seriously, Namco was incredibly agile and cool with finding a solution to this issue.

Cheers,

Tony

Lahdpal got in touch with me earlier today to let me know there is in an issue with our Dark Souls keys. As a result, we've had to request more keys from Namco, which we have yet to receive. As a result, Dark Souls will not likely be on sale at midnight, but when we get new keys.

Because we know we've had issues with getting keys same day in the past, Namco has agreed to extend the sale through 2/1 and to make sure we get keys sometime tomorrow.

If you have reposted this deal across the internet, please do me a favor and update your posts :).

Also, seriously, Namco was incredibly agile and cool with finding a solution to this issue.

Cheers,

Tony
Will EC coupons work on 2/1?

Thank you Namco & Lahdpal for helping to make the last couple days of this sale truly kickass!!

…now you and our resident EA guy go with Tony and beat up some Sega reps and get us those Genesis Collection steam keys!!

Cheers,

Tony
Enslaved bundle still going on sale at normal time?

Cheers,

Tony
I hope that this issue doesn't happen to be that the keys aren't region-locked to NA. 8-[

Don't forget the multiplayer, which is downright fantastic if you enjoy horde modes.
I never did try ME3's multiplayer mode (I have a very limited appetite for multiplayer with strangers), but I really enjoyed almost all of ME3. They built quite a sci-fi universe in those three games and the third one had a lot of epic moments.
I just finished up playing some ME3MP tonight, have really dug back into it recently. Still easy to find a match on the PC. As far as "strangers" go, perhaps 5% of the random PUGs I join have someone actually using a mic. Just think of those other 3 people as sporadically intelligent AI teammates.

Ran into half a dozen players this week who were brand new, so it's never too late to join up.

At least not until EA pulls the plug.

I just noticed Bioshock Infinite went up to $13.20 as it was before the MSRP drop from $40 to $30. Probably already posted but just a heads up anyway.

Sucks that the one DLC that I need for for Kingdom of Amalur, Weapons and Armor, is on sale @ Steam but Amazon doesn't carry it :(.  And my KoA version is Origin...

Sorry, guess I forgot to post the actual games. :p 

GTA: San Andreas - 8GQEH-6H9GR-7RQFB
GTA: Vice City - 4HJPV-4Y3E0-8EF2C
GTA 3 - P6YMF-WAIQG-YBI2C
GTA IV - 74QF7-XLXXR-XZAJW
Thief Deadly Shadows - 92Z0N-TX67V-NXWG3
Thief Gold - VRZZ4-4457P-L64HB
Thief II: The Metal Age - 2XGZ8-HWFV2-7AX8R
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain - 4K9ZD-WF04R-I5EC4
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - 6KJZC-39YRT-34K6E
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - IBCXH-YMM4Z-XJVFC
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - EH0GH-6IX0I-2VDG2
Max Payne 3 - 097XZ-FBHJ2-KBNR8
Hitman: Absolution - PT9NV-ZHG8A-C490K
Tomb Raider (2013) - LJEXJ-NL84P-BCWDL

It wasn't. The issue was on Steam's end. However, people would have blamed Amazon for it, which is why I specifically gave Tony a heads up about it.
Oh, is that the something to do with the 25-character codes? I hope Steam fixes that... I have a bunch of game keys in that format that I haven't used. :whee:

So.. uh... Who wants some games? I have so many extra EC coupons, that... well, might as well use them, right?
I'm not sure you'd get much interest on this thread. No one here likes getting games.

(And while I'm writing a smart-ass reply, someone ninjas Blood Omen 2.)

Definitely PMing it, definitely not adding it to the EC. Stay tune for price flip (but our version isn't Steam lol).

Cheers,
Tony
haven't seen price flip yet but also, why doesn't the Amazon version include the Weapons and Armor DLC? it seems to have been released prior to the other two but excluded from your version vs. the Steam version (Origin has the DLC as well, so that shouldn't be the limitation).

GTA 3 - P6YMF-WAIQG-YBI2C
GTA IV - 74QF7-XLXXR-XZAJW
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain - 4K9ZD-WF04R-I5EC4
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - 6KJZC-39YRT-34K6E
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - IBCXH-YMM4Z-XJVFC
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - EH0GH-6IX0I-2VDG2
Max Payne 3 - 097XZ-FBHJ2-KBNR8
Hitman: Absolution - PT9NV-ZHG8A-C490K
Tomb Raider (2013) - LJEXJ-NL84P-BCWDL
Thanks LN... I didn't think any would activate for me, but what a surprise- San Andreas and Thief 3 did work! GTA4 seems taken. I stopped at that :) Thanks again!

Thanks! Got Tomb Raider O:)

Dang..  went to get a drink at the wrong time.. Couldn't grab Hitman :(

Nice of you LN3000

Damn, the things I miss when I actually play games. Awesome drop as usual, LN!

I dunno if I care that I missed GTAIV, as I understand the port is pretty lackluster.

Nice giveaway! I tried BO2 which was already gone. That's literally the only one I don't have. Oh well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back