Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry, guess I forgot to post the actual games. :p

GTA: San Andreas - 8GQEH-6H9GR-7RQFB
GTA: Vice City - 4HJPV-4Y3E0-8EF2C
GTA 3 - P6YMF-WAIQG-YBI2C
GTA IV - 74QF7-XLXXR-XZAJW
Thief Deadly Shadows - 92Z0N-TX67V-NXWG3
Thief Gold - VRZZ4-4457P-L64HB
Thief II: The Metal Age - 2XGZ8-HWFV2-7AX8R
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain - 4K9ZD-WF04R-I5EC4
Legacy of Kain: Defiance - 6KJZC-39YRT-34K6E
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - IBCXH-YMM4Z-XJVFC
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - EH0GH-6IX0I-2VDG2
Max Payne 3 - 097XZ-FBHJ2-KBNR8
Hitman: Absolution - PT9NV-ZHG8A-C490K
Tomb Raider (2013) - LJEXJ-NL84P-BCWDL
lurkers.jpg

on behalf of all the lurkers, I thank you for the code drop.. Considered you are "stalked" ;)

EC Credits Up For Grabs

OK people. I said if I couldn't use them up, I would donate them off, so here we go:  PM me with what you want and I'll let you know if there's still a slot open. I am taking Paypal for payment only, and once I confirm for you that an EC is still up for grabs, I'll provide you with my PayPal info. You send the funds (no extra charge other than what the Amazon price is) and i will send you the code(s). I'll be leaving CAG feedback for you as well. For the Enslaved bundle, I will be up to grab as many as I can. If there is a fee (a few cents, make sure you cover it, not the receiver. Will be updating this post as we go.

06. mokmoof (Thief in the Shadows Pack)                     $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

07. INCyr (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                          $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

08. INCyr (Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition)             $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the game.

09. Upwards (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                      $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

10. Upwards (Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition)         $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the game.

11. Supersheep (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                  $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

12. slugboss (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                       $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

13. slugboss (Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition)          $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the game.

14. Ramun Flame (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)              $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

15. Ramun Flame (Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition) $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the game.

16. Neurood (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                       $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

17. agentghost (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                    $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the games.

18. louiedog (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                       $2.49 ......................................... Done. Enjoy the games.

19. Irdra (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                             $2.49 ......................................... Done. Enjoy the games.

20. 7dustfan (Thief in the Shadows Pack)                       $2.49 ......................................... Done. Enjoy the games.

21. BernardoOne (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)               $2.49 .......................................... Done. Enjoy the games.

22. MinDRIoT (Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition)      $2.49 ........................................ Done. Enjoy the game.

23. MinDRIoT (Inversion + Enslaved Pack)                   $2.49 .......................................... Done. Enjoy the games.

A Big TY to Tony from all the above happy gamers!

[quote name="LN3000" post="11487400" timestamp="1391133836"]Sorry, guess I forgot to post the actual games. :p

Tomb Raider (2013) - LJEXJ-NL84P-BCWDL[/quote]This man is a legend.

Great giveaway that I'm furious I missed by 5 minutes =P

Awesome drop!

So, is it a problem when I own all of these PC games either from Retail, Amazon DVG, Steam, or somewhere else?

Everyone say "Thank you Namco and Lahdpal".

Lahdpal got in touch with me earlier today to let me know there is in an issue with our Dark Souls keys. As a result, we've had to request more keys from Namco, which we have yet to receive. As a result, Dark Souls will not likely be on sale at midnight, but when we get new keys.

Because we know we've had issues with getting keys same day in the past, Namco has agreed to extend the sale through 2/1 and to make sure we get keys sometime tomorrow.

If you have reposted this deal across the internet, please do me a favor and update your posts :).

Also, seriously, Namco was incredibly agile and cool with finding a solution to this issue.

Cheers,

Tony
Just posted the update on NeoGAF's Amazon EC topic. Thanks Namco and Tony :)

I was at work so I missed it, but thanks LN for the awesome drop. I'm sure you made some happy gamers!

I'm still excited about the games I got from BernardoOne's drops a few days ago. As I have been enjoying them greatly.

Namco made such a happy ending for this sale. For me this will end with a purchase of Tomb Raider and Enslaved+Inversion. 

Great Job Tony+Namco. Now merge together and form a -75% Voltron+Megazoid for the epic EC conclusion.

I just checked my coupons... I apparently have six left. I bought the Syndicate / Saboteur pack a few weeks ago, I just picked up the Burnout Paradise car DLC thing (for free, apparently I had another promo credit?) And I plan to buy the Enslaved / Inversion bundle tomorrow...

I'm not sure what I'll do with the other five coupons... I wish Amazon sold Tomb Raider Survival Edition. :(

Dang.. went to get a drink at the wrong time.. Couldn't grab Hitman :(
Blargh missed Hitman. Thanks, anyway, brosef.
I'm not sure you'd get much interest on this thread. No one here likes getting games.

(And while I'm writing a smart-ass reply, someone ninjas Blood Omen 2.)
Check your PM's.

And for the rest, another round of Legend of Kain codes, minus Blood Omen 2. (Obviously)

LOK Soul Reaver- ZFY89-VFGHV-8RRIL

LOK Soul Reaver 2 - V6GM8-F9V26-0ZYWP

LOK Defiance - QH48C-KZ6PG-6KIW6

Alright, I'm off to bed. Thank you Tony and Amazon making these deals possible!!

Check your PM's.

And for the rest, another round of Legend of Kain codes, minus Blood Omen 2. (Obviously)

Alright, I'm off to bed. Thank you Tony and Amazon making these deals possible!!
All LOK keys redeemed already by lurkers... thanks a lot SOBs. :p

I just checked my coupons... I apparently have six left. I bought the Syndicate / Saboteur pack a few weeks ago, I just picked up the Burnout Paradise car DLC thing (for free, apparently I had another promo credit?) And I plan to buy the Enslaved / Inversion bundle tomorrow...

I'm not sure what I'll do with the other five coupons... I wish Amazon sold Tomb Raider Survival Edition. :(
If you ever bought Burnout Paradise on Amazon, Tony and EA gave out $5 credits towards the pack which stacked with one of the EC coupons. I got the DLC for free back when it went ons ale for $4.99 using the credit. Pretty cool for EA to do that.

I haven't seen this posted in this thread anywhere, so I just wanted to jump in real quick before heading off to bed. I noticed a link on the side of the page when I was adding some Amazon credit to my account tonight. Apparently, we can now use points to buy Amazon digital gift cards!

Here's the link (I hope it works):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=gc_swp_left_content?ie=UTF8&docId=1001340681&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-5&pf_rd_r=07GMGRTZ7DPB0N2MY9SB&pf_rd_t=2911&pf_rd_p=1655679122&pf_rd_i=redeem-gc-balance

I haven't tried it myself, so if anyone's adventurous, I'd be curious to know how it works; I didn't see an option to choose how you're paying for the purchase on the GC page.

The guy in the cartoon was Stalin, not Saddam.
sorry, all ruthless dictators look alike to me.

I'd buy EC Amalur DLC for Steam (or even a complete pack, despite owning the base game) as fast as you can throw it at me.

On a side note, the gifs, pictures, videos, etc... are getting a bit excessive IMHO. What's wrong with 1 picture/gif/video per post? Just sayin'
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23647]
Hi, as another guy said: Is anyone willing to buy me Enslaved+Inversion for 3$ AMAZON GC? PM me.
shit, was gonna do this for you but just used my second to last coupon on legacy of kain bundle :( sorry

Something once said (typed) cannot be unsaid (untyped deleted)!
as of cag 3.0, this is true. :(

it can be hidden but never deleted

So.. uh... Who wants some games? I have so many extra EC coupons, that... well, might as well use them, right?
awesome.jpeg

thanks for reminding me to buy the legacy of kain bundle. ;)

Awesome drop!

So, is it a problem when I own all of these PC games either from Retail, Amazon DVG, Steam, or somewhere else?
no, I own them all too after buying the legacy of kain bundle. think I have 1 more coupon for enslaved inversion bundle.

No, I really have been waiting for the deal to flip!

(I went with italics because I like being extra special.)

lynch-cart-o.gif
y u do dis?
photo-274455.png

Wow..... All I wanted to do was express my interest in seeing Enslaved flip..... 8-[

Neil-Patrick-Harris-Gun-to-Head.gif
lmao

Check your PM's.

damn it, I was busy buying this on Amazon and missed the code drop lol

thanks, Santa!!!

I haven't seen this posted in this thread anywhere, so I just wanted to jump in real quick before heading off to bed. I noticed a link on the side of the page when I was adding some Amazon credit to my account tonight. Apparently, we can now use points to buy Amazon digital gift cards!

Here's the link (I hope it works):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=gc_swp_left_content?ie=UTF8&docId=1001340681&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=left-5&pf_rd_r=07GMGRTZ7DPB0N2MY9SB&pf_rd_t=2911&pf_rd_p=1655679122&pf_rd_i=redeem-gc-balance

I haven't tried it myself, so if anyone's adventurous, I'd be curious to know how it works; I didn't see an option to choose how you're paying for the purchase on the GC page.
it's credit card reward points, unfortunately

What is Shop with Points at Amazon.com?

Shop with Points offers customers the ability to pay for purchases at Amazon.com using credit card rewards points. You can use points to pay for an order at Amazon.com in the same way you would with any other payment method.

How do I use Points to pay for an order?

If you want to use your rewards points to pay for part or all of your purchase, you'll need to proceed to checkout through your Shopping Cart. When you choose your payment method for the purchase, you can choose the amount of points you wish to apply. Points applied to your order will be displayed in the Order Summary below the "Place Your Order" button. If points are not applied to your order, click "Change" under Payment Method to use your available points.

Are there any products I can't buy using Shop with Points?

Shop with Points is generally available to buy millions of products on Amazon.com. Please note, however, that rewards program points cannot be used for all purchases on Amazon.com, and items that currently may not be purchased using Shop with Points include some digital goods, some gift certificates, Kindle downloads, Subscribe and Save items, and AmazonFresh. Please also note that currently you may not use one-click to purchase products using Shop with Points.

How do I get a new credit card with Shop with Points?

Apply from Amazon.com for credit cards offering Shop with Points. Visit Credit Central to see eligible credit cards.

Jesus, you guys.

hitlstal.jpg

That's Hitler and Stalin, who had an alliance during WW2 until Hitler did an about-face and attacked the Soviets.

satan_saddam.jpg

That's Satan and Saddam, who have an abusive relationship and enjoy sodomy (well one of them does, anyway).  Moral of the story: never trust a guy with a mustache.

I'm pretty sure Namco got ready for this but how ready are they for the flood of leftover coupons coming their way.. we should take bets on the Inversion+Enslaved Pack going out of keys..  I say they're out by the end of the afternoon :whistle2:

..then refilled and getting a 1 day extension to follow on Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back