Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit! I just watched some first impression of Naruto and I want it! Anyone have an extra EC coupon? I can send the money via amazon gc.
I just watched some impressions videos too and it looks really good. The authentic Japanese voice actors, music, and high quality animation are excellent. Having watched the entire series up until the story arc of this game, I was getting huge feelings of nostalgia while watching.

I find it a bit crazy though that out of the three or so videos I watched, no one actually watched the series who was covering it.

Ah, seems there are much better video reviews and coverage of the pre-full burst version, simply titled "Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3"

I just watched some impressions videos too and it looks really good. The authentic Japanese voice actors, music, and high quality animation are excellent. Having watched the entire series up until the story arc of this game, I was getting huge feelings of nostalgia while watching.

I find it a bit crazy though that out of the three or so videos I watched, no one actually watched the series who was covering it.
Yeah, thats what sold me to the game. Because usually those who didnt watch anime or the series specifically, wont like the game version of it but in this case, its different.

Now if we could have a Bleach game in PC.. (even the port of the psp game will do.)

So, here it is, Jan 31 and I still have 12 EC coupons. Anyone want anything? PM me.

PayPal or Amazon GC (stupid Indiana imposes sales tax 7% - please include that) or a decent trade.

I'd hate to see all of these coupons burn...

That site is useless. It only checks steam store sold versions.

And no you can't. Canbe activated only in Americas.
Well that's nonsense. I would have to travel all the way to the US just to activate a game I PAYED FOR?? How can they pull that off? I have 150+ games on Steam worth $2000 and never had to deal with this bull****.

Well that's nonsense. I would have to travel all the way to the US just to activate a game I PAYED FOR?? How can they pull that off? I have 150+ games on Steam worth $2000 and never had to deal with this bull****.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200205280

Amazon Games and Software Terms of Use
4.2. Geographic Restrictions.
The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

When you're using fake addresses to buy games from a country you're not allowed to, you can't really complain when the odd one doesn't work!

[quote name="xJayMorex" post="11488220" timestamp="1391165039"]Well that's nonsense. I would have to travel all the way to the US just to activate a game I PAYED FOR?? How can they pull that off? I have 150+ games on Steam worth $2000 and never had to deal with this bull****.[/quote]

There are ways around this. Though not strictly "legal" in the "Terms of Service" point if view...

And what Ashes said, too.

You can't buy from Amazon, if you're from Hungary anyway. ;)

Maybe you should contact Amazon support, I'm sure they'll help you out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200205280

Amazon Games and Software Terms of Use
4.2. Geographic Restrictions.
The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Well it's looking pretty much avaliable to me after buying tons of games, lol. So what's the deal if you buy it from the US and forget to activate it while you are there? Travel back for a few mouse clicks? That still doesn't sound sane to me...

Well it's looking pretty much avaliable to me after buying tons of games, lol. So what's the deal if you buy it from the US and forget to activate it while you are there? Travel back for a few mouse clicks? That still doesn't sound sane to me...
You need a US payment address which you're unlikely to have whilst travelling to America temporarily so you'd never be in that situation whilst holidaying or anything.

You can't buy from Amazon, if you're from Hungary anyway. ;)

Maybe you should contact Amazon support, I'm sure they'll help you out.
Well I can when I am located in the USA. Doesn't say you have to be born there or even live there.

Oh I'm sure they would help me out... :bouncy:

So you're admiting you've broken the TOS tons of times. Dude, just stop ...

Well how else was I supposed to buy games from Amazon.com? :(
The point is: you're NOT supposed to. So when a game actually enforces the T&C's you can't really complain about it. It's not exactly a secret that Inversion is region restricted (avoid most Deep Silver games too). It was still an epic price just for Enslaved.

If only Tony/Namco had included Star Trek instead of Inversion, this region locking discussion could have been avoided!

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is ), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

Edit: As a Financial Panther, you should really understand what I'm talking about.

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed $3.75 an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is $1.66), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...
I don't get your point ..I am not from the states and I always buy from Amazon with no problems at all

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed $3.75 an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is $1.66), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...
You expect EMPATHY on the Internet!?

1st, Region-locked games are NOT new and you knew the risks when buying from Amazon when you are not in the US. YOU ARE AT FAULT HERE.

2nd, NO ONE cares about your relatively minor problems. What do you expect us to do for you? Go to someone who is paid to listen to your problems like Amazon Support.

3rd, AGAIN YOU ARE AT FAULT! Read Amazon TOS.

You don't really see why you should pay more? Because you are not in the US and you we weren't suppose to purchase it anyway. It not a complicated concept. It like I can't buy cheaper games on a Russian Steam store because I DON"T LIVE IN RUSSIA!

Complain to the publisher, complain to Amazon, but this is ultimately an internet forum and no one care to listen to your petty problems when we all have our own lives to live.

Life_is_not_fair_mug.jpg

Amazon DVG - My EC Sale Haul in Jan 2014:

EC Coupons left-over still = 5

Purchased For Myself:

01. GTA Trilogy (Steam)

02. Ace Patrol Bundle (Steam)

03. Dead Space 3: Awakened DLC (Origin)

04. NFS: Rivals (Origin)

05. Burnout Paradise: Bonus Vehicle DLC Pack (Origin)

06. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Steam)

07. Enslaved + Inversion bundle (Steam)

Purchased - might split up?:

08. Thief in the Shadows Pack (Steam)

Overall thoughts on the sale - GOOD:

For me, this sale was a bust, for most of the month....

...But, it really turned itself around once GTA Trilogy went on sale and it kinda just domino'ed from them, these last 2 weeks or so, w/ a handful of good deals for me.

Probably should've jumped on Marlow Briggs + NFS MW 2012 ALL DLC Bundle - but, no big deal.

Overall, it turned out good overall, in the end - thanks to the last 2 weeks or so.

:D

Well you guys sure have a lack of empathy. And that's pretty surprising on a forum that is based on the idea of paying the very least that is necessary for gaming joy. I mean, it's easy for you to say "deal with it, a$$hole" when even the base prices are dirt cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else - not fair, especially considering people in the US make four times more money. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be mourned upon for getting payed an hour (it's actually pretty good, minimum wage is ), but I don't really see why I should pay more for something OR not get what I payed my hard-earned bucks for...

Edit: As a Financial Panther, you should really understand what I'm talking about.
I'm from the UK. I also have a non working Inversion. The difference is I understand that I'm buying a product not intended for sale to me. As a non-American, you've bought an American game from an American site than only sells American games to Americans. If you find away around that then great, but don't bug the Americans when you fail to do your research on what you're buying. They don't have any ROW keys. They don't need them because they're in America. So they can't fix it for you.

I swear there are people out there that would walk into their local police station to report their crack dealer ripping them off. :D

seriously its a well known fact that inversion key is region locked

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=google#q=inversion+amazon+region

so stop embarassing yourself and stop it

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*
All VPNs soft do the same thing, it doesn't matters which one he uses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, let's assume for a moment that a friend of my friend's friend wasto buy the Enslaved bundle. He has got an Inverson key. Let's *cough* pretend he was going to activate it, which VPN would he hypothetically use in order to avoid getting banned?

Just pretending *cough*
Afaik Steam doesn't even ban anymore, but gives timed suspensions (can't buy or use community).

From what I have read collectors do VPN activations all the time and no problems. (Getting versions from all regions just for +1 on library or something like that).

There is a Zero-Tolerance policy for any violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and Online Code of Conduct. All accounts in a user's possession for any of the following activities will be suspended:

• Piracy or Hacking
    This includes using an unauthorized ("hacked") Steam client to access Steam, attempting to register fake CD Keys or attempting to register a CD Key which has been published on the internet.
Remember kids cags, Don't do that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back