Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Should have just bundled Star Trek instead. ;)
i agree i dont need inversion i already brought threee times one for me and two for my frineds on on steam one on amazon in 2012 tony could have got it better star trek i dont know why i want just ccause coop yo andd plus idk i realy dont know

2 questions for you fine folks this morning:

1. As a gamer with not much free time, should is just skip Dark Souls? It seems like (from my experience up to the gargoyle tower) a game that requires a lot of grinding and trial & error.

2. Is anyone picking up Guild Wars 2? The Guild Wars games never seem to drop in price, and they're supposed to be VERY good. Not sure is $25 after voucher is a good deal or not.

Thanks.

Wow! Alot of whine for a dollar and a change.

my ec haul:

How to survive
Marlow Briggs
Bioshock infinite
Brothers: tales of two sons
Enslaved
Naruto

Overall, a nice sale. Spent all my EC coupons

1. Oh, so I did? I didn't know that I did know, SORRY. Amazon doesn't say anywhere that it is regionally locked, check it out if you don't believe me.

2. Nothing, apart from not being an a$$hole, or maybe giving a hint what I should be doing to get Inversion, since you know so much about these well-known things. Sorry to say that you failed at both.

3. Neither the product page nor TOS actually says I must be in the US to activate the product. So there are real life scenarios where this would indeed be a problem and I would be in right (simple example, buy in US, go to EU, won't activate).

So what are we even talking about?
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address. ... written on every game page.

Strategy to take no responsibility for my actions and not be at fault.. Play Dumb.. Check !!

1. As a gamer with not much free time, should is just skip Dark Souls? It seems like (from my experience up to the gargoyle tower) a game that requires a lot of grinding and trial & error.

2. Is anyone picking up Guild Wars 2? The Guild Wars games never seem to drop in price, and they're supposed to be VERY good. Not sure is $25 after voucher is a good deal or not.

Thanks.
Trial and error yes

Grinding (if your good no). The world records is like a little over a hour and a half for all bosses ;)

2. Guild wars 2 gets boring after a while, so no

A lot of people don't care but the whole 'Oh well I have my aunt's uncle's sister's cousin's babysitter's once removed shipping address and it's legit' argument is a bit lame.
I actually *do* have an Uncle in the state of New York. And an ex housemate in Rhode Island who buys me american stuff in exchange for the latest episodes of Top Gear. :D But the upshot of having debatably 'legit' contacts over there is I have people I can trust to borrow my Steam account and activate keys for me. :p

Ok, so my haul was:

• Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Pack
  • The Sims 3 Dragon Valley (for the gf ofc)
  • Thief in the shadows pack
And I still have one voucher, what should I get (up to $5)?? I'm seriously considering Ace Patrol Pack, so...

Picked up that fine Enslaved/Inversion deal.     Already own Dark Souls and I'm thinking about Naruto.    I know zilch about the cartoon series but there is really nothing like that game on steam especially the cel-shaded anime visuals.     Is the game fun if you know nothing about the show?    Its an action game with a bit of fighting game style battles right?

Thanks.
1)
I bought Dark Souls a year ago but haven't spent much time with it. I don't have the patience or time to play it. But if it came out while I'm still single and a student I think I will enjoy the game.

2)
I pre ordered Guild Wars 2 because I truly enjoy Guild Wars 1 (I logged more than a thousand hours). I played the second game for a100 hours or so but backlog prevented me to come back to it. But still a money well spent imo.

Thanks.
I preordered Guild Wars 2 and it was money well spent. I had over 200 hours in the game and they continually update it and have different events throughout the year. I haven't played it in a while due to obtaining so many new games due to CAG. $25 seems like a good deal to me compared to the amount of time you potentially can spend with it.

2)
I pre ordered Guild Wars 2 because I truly enjoy Guild Wars 1 (I logged more than a thousand hours). I played the second game for a100 hours or so but backlog prevented me to come back to it. But still a money well spent imo.
I logged 1000+ hours in GW1 as well, and just didn't care for GW2. I kept playing, hoping it would eventually grab me, but nope. The transition to a more WoW-like MMO is just a huge turn off for me. GW1 was just so fantastic with its horizontal power level, and GW2 just so blah with the level 80 and endless power creep of a vertical style.

What do you guys think about the Naruto Deal?
It's a recent release, probably as good as it's going to get for the immediate future. Seems to be the best Naruto franchise for fans of the series. This one has the largest roster and they simplified the combat a little bit from the previous releases, which seems to be disliked by fans of the previous games, but is possibly better for newcomers.

From what I've read, it's a pretty decent combat system, but the online multiplayer is laggy. It does have local multiplayer though.

There is a demo on PSN if you have a Playstation 3.

What do you guys think about the Naruto Deal?
These games are for people who REALLY are into Naruto, which means they've probably got it already. if you're not that into Naruto, there are much better fighting games (IMO) available for less. SSFIV:AE, Skullgirls, MK, and Injustice are examples.

Thanks.
Dark Souls is probably my favorite game out right now. Its got huge old school gamer feel to it. You have to be willing to learn attack patterns, be patient, and never play the game if you start to get upset. It just leads to lots of death and more frustration. You have to know when to put down the controller with this one..

If ya grew up on difficult hard games like castlevania contra blaster master etc I'd recommend it. For new school gamers lack of maps, waypoints, detailed story with tons of cs's it may not be for you.

as far as gw2. If you like mmo style at all I highly recommend it. There is no pay to win. They are constantly adding content for free. No dlc. There are seasonal events that are fun. If you don't have a good core guild or friends though you really can't do end game. That's why I stopped playing.

I logged 1000+ hours in GW1 as well, and just didn't care for GW2. I kept playing, hoping it would eventually grab me, but nope. The transition to a more WoW-like MMO is just a huge turn off for me. GW1 was just so fantastic with its horizontal power level, and GW2 just so blah with the level 80 and endless power creep of a vertical style.
yeah thats what I miss in GW2. But at least the pvp section will still max you out when you go in. Although you will still be handicapped a little.

I loved the guild ladder in GW1. I think the highest we made in there is top 50 (those koreans really took it very seriously). Ironically, I havent finished the campaign in that 1k hours as I spent most of my time in pvp/gvg.

Regarding GW2, I don't consider it as a successor for the first game. I just think of it as a different game made by the same developer (arena net).

/gg

GW2 seems very good from what little I've played of it.  I haven't got very far in it though.  My 230 day /played time in Warcraft has left me somewhat jaded towards all MMO's. :D

[quote name="seamoss" post="11488592" timestamp="1391182098"]

Well shit, dude, you could've done that *before* I "liked" your post.

Now it just looks like I "liked" it 'cause you deleted it...[/
quote] don't know why this made me laugh

Well shit, dude, you could've done that *before* I "liked" your post.

Now it just looks like I "liked" it 'cause you deleted it...
Haha, sorry. Normally not an Internet bitcher but sometimes douchebaggery really bothers me. Ultimately decided I'd just be adding to the rest of threads waste. I'm just here for the deals though.

Got 5 EC credits left over if folks need anything bought for amazon gift card. If you are only wanting part of the bundle you can ask, I might want the other part and i could give you a reduced rate. Note, I am charged sales tax, PM me. Would also do a straight swap for a similar-priced ($2.50ish AC) game for Marlow Briggs.

Picked up that fine Enslaved/Inversion deal. Already own Dark Souls and I'm thinking about Naruto. I know zilch about the cartoon series but there is really nothing like that game on steam especially the cel-shaded anime visuals. Is the game fun if you know nothing about the show? Its an action game with a bit of fighting game style battles right?
I just picked it up. I played a bit of the story mode on a friend's PS3 and found the fights to be fun. I'm not big into fighters, Persona 4 Arena is one of the few I really liked, but the Naruto game was certainly fun. I haven't seen any of the show for many years and still managed to follow pretty well. If you're itching for a story mode fighting game, this is probably the only PC game we'll have for a while. No clue about multiplayer though.

Haha, sorry. Normally not an Internet bitcher but sometimes douchebaggery really bothers me. Ultimately decided I'd just be adding to the rest of threads waste. I'm just here for the deals though.
Yeah, I'm here for the deals too, but for the record, I agree with everything you wrote before you deleted it - I hate wading through endless pages of trite bitching to get to the few posts worth reading. I don't mind some banter (hell, I've posted my fair share...) but it's come to the point where 90% of the posts are self-indulgent bickering. I've really considered dropping CAG for Reddit, it's that bad!

You do know you can just unlike a post right...? (Its the same button as the like button too. ;) )
<Engage Tebow Mode> O RLY?

Well I've played naruto (bought it today as a fellow mate "gave" me one coupon for that) and it seems well done. It plays nice, the controllers feel nice (if you have a controller/gamepad tell me and i'll send you a tutorial to make it work on naruto) and i love how it plays. The only complain that i have is my graphics card is failing and it's a laptop so there is nothing that i can do and there is no options to change the graphics in game (only  you can put your resolution, v-sync, some sort of sample and the aspect ratio) and i play with a lower framerate but still it's enjoyable.

Buy it if you are sure to play the game (my laptop should have no problem running the game but that's why i'm building a desktop computer) buy it.

Dark Souls is probably my favorite game out right now. Its got huge old school gamer feel to it. You have to be willing to learn attack patterns, be patient, and never play the game if you start to get upset. It just leads to lots of death and more frustration. You have to know when to put down the controller with this one..

If ya grew up on difficult hard games like castlevania contra blaster master etc I'd recommend it. For new school gamers lack of maps, waypoints, detailed story with tons of cs's it may not be for you.

as far as gw2. If you like mmo style at all I highly recommend it. There is no pay to win. They are constantly adding content for free. No dlc. There are seasonal events that are fun. If you don't have a good core guild or friends though you really can't do end game. That's why I stopped playing.
Yeah, if I need a core group to play with, I'll pass :(

Thanks for the feedback.

Can anyone get their ec code to work on naruto? Mine won't apply and amazon basically told me to get fucked. If anyone could buy it for me in exchange for paypal or something please pm me.

My obligatory haul list (and two major disappointments):

Dark Souls (when it flips) - $2.49

Inversion + Enslaved Bundle - $2.49

GTA Trilogy + GTA IV Bundle (thanks theemadgamer for use of code) - $5.99

LA Noire + Max Payne 3 Bundle (thanks theemadgamer for use of code) - $2.99

Hitman Taking Care of Business Pack - $5.99

Thief in the Shadows Pack - (thanks Gep88 for use of code) - $2.49

Legacy of Kain Bundle (thanks dys006 for use of code) - $2.49

Bioshock Infinite - $4.99

Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack - $1.99

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death - $2.49

Freyja's Bundle - $7.99

Disappointments - Missed the deals when they were available

Need for Speed Most Wanted DLC

Alice Madness Returns Bundle

Can anyone get their ec code to work on naruto? Mine won't apply and amazon basically told me to get fucked. If anyone could buy it for me in exchange for paypal or something please pm me.
Mine worked fine.

I went ahead and got Naruto , thanks for the advice everybody.

My Haul :

Tomb Raider 4$

Bioshock Infinite 5$

Naruto 15$

and I have 1 ec coupoun left.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat with limited free time, but this was one of the games that I've constantly looked forward to playing, especially with friends. Once you get used to the mechanics, it's just such a satisfying game to conquer.

It does take some trial and error, but I have found that it is quite a bit easier when summoning friends (duh) into your game. My brothers and I played basically the whole game together, and there were very few deaths. Granted, you have to beat each level twice together (once in each person's game), because the new areas have to be unlocked for each player for someone to lay down their summon sign, but it is a fantastic co-op game. I highly recommend you give it a try.

Ended up with the following.

Enslaved/Inversion

Thief in the Shadows.

Still have one key left, but not sure what I will do with it yet.  

it's credit card reward points, unfortunately

<snip>
That was the point, though. It's been asked multiple times in here when Amazon would allow people to spend their credit card reward points on digital purchases, and Tony has been prodding for that functionality for some time now. This is an alternative that is just as good. No need to convert CC points to direct purchases if you can convert them to an amazon GC to then in turn use on digital games.

Currently, I'm saving my rewards points up for Dark Souls II, hopefully to be purchased on Amazon using this method (and the $5 discount from Dark Souls previously). But, I may have to cash them out for Steam, depending on where I'll have more store credit available.

I'm not posting my haul list, but would like to post my thanks list.

My thanks go out to:

• Tony
  • Mystery EA lurker guy
  • Namco Bandai and Lahdpal
  • Rockstar Games
  • 505 Games
  • Fellow CAGs that keep this thread fun and entertaining
And my no-thanks go out to:

• All the other pubs that either didn't show up for the party or barely made their presence known
  • All the other CAGs (you know who you are)

And 
200px-2_Gold_Stars.svg.png
go out to asheskitty and Sepioth for being more organized and generous than I could ever hope to be.

I'm not posting my haul list, but would like to post my thanks list.

My thanks go out to:

• Tony
  • Mystery EA lurker guy
  • Namco Bandai and Lahdpal
  • Rockstar Games
  • 505 Games
  • Fellow CAGs that keep this thread fun and entertaining
And my no-thanks go out to:

• All the other pubs that either didn't show up for the party or barely made their presence known
  • All the other CAGs (you know who you are)
Also thanks to Gaben, always thanks to Gaben. I wouldn't be here if not cos of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back