Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, gamers - question time.

1. What's missing from that SD "Some" DLC bundle?

2. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

3. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE NOT AT ALL in this "Some" DLC Bundle?
the answer to the first is the only one i can provide. using this list:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26227/

and comparing it to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00CPBZDTA/

Amazon's missing:
Year of the Snake (story DLC)
Deep Undercover Pack
Drunken Fist Pack
Gangland Style Pack
Ghost Pig
GSP Pack
Law Enforcer Pack
Martial Arts Pack
Monkey King Pack
Movie Masters Pack
Police Protection Pack
Retro Triad Pack
Square Enix Character Pack
Wheels of Fury
Zodiac Tournament

You will probably want to get Year of the Snake, Zodiac Tournament, and Nightmare in North Point. The rest are vehicles / costumes / experience boosts.
Great to know! Thanks! :D

EDIT:

the answer to the first is the only one i can provide. using this list:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26227/

and comparing it to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00CPBZDTA/

Amazon's missing:
Year of the Snake (story DLC)
Deep Undercover Pack
Drunken Fist Pack
Gangland Style Pack
Ghost Pig
GSP Pack
Law Enforcer Pack
Martial Arts Pack
Monkey King Pack
Movie Masters Pack
Police Protection Pack
Retro Triad Pack
Square Enix Character Pack
Wheels of Fury
Zodiac Tournament
Excellent! Thanks!

2. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE in this "Some" DLC Bundle?

3. And what DLC's all the ones that I really want from SD actually ARE NOT AT ALL in this "Some" DLC Bundle?
Sleeping Dogs DLCs that you want..

- Nightmare in North Point

- Zodiac Tournament

- Year of the Snake

- Wheels of Fury

Those are the DLCs adding some playtime and not just cosmetic aspects to the game. The Wheels of Fury being a crazy vehicle should be activated later in your playtime not to make it too easy at the start by having the big monster wheels to start the game.

I saw someone mention LoK Blood Omen 2 supports the Xbox 360 controller natively, do any of the other LoK games support controllers? And I think k he mentioned the Thief games, can those be played with controllers?

Another Guild Wars question.

Would Guild Wars 1 be worth checking out at this point? Is it something you can solo?

Also, despite warnings that I won't see much end content in Guild Wars 2 without a group to play with, is the game pretty solo-able?
You can solo almost all of the content in GW1. There are a few missions which are much, much easier with other players, and there is some end game content that pretty much requires a full team of human players. The gameworld is fully instanced except for player gathering areas like outposts and cities. There are henchmen/heroes to round out your party to allow you to solo. (solo meaning only one human player, not one party member)

GW2 is more WoW-ish in that most of the game is not instanced. Only your characters personal story-line, dungeons, and certain events are instanced. You can solo most of the open world stuff and all of the story-line stuff except the end.

And despite the other posting claiming there is no power creep, there most certainly is. You can read all about it on guild wars guru or the official boards. It is pretty much the biggest turn-off (besides massive grinding) for GW1 players. Again, GW1 horizontal creep, GW2 vertical creep. WoW is an example of vertical creep.

Holy cow, now Sleeping Dogs for $3 after EC coupon?

This EC sale has been fantastic. I definitely hope it continues next year.

P.S. If there are any kind souls out there that have a bunch of coupons left and could grab me Sleeping Dogs I would be eternally grateful. As I am already grateful to the amazing people that have helped me out lately =D

Holy cow, now Sleeping Dogs for $3 after EC coupon?

This EC sale has been fantastic. I definitely hope it continues next year.

P.S. If there are any kind souls out there that have a bunch of coupons left and could grab me Sleeping Dogs I would be eternally grateful. As I am already grateful to the amazing people that have helped me out lately =D
if I was you, i would wait for a complete edition which bound to happen next holiday sale. hunting down missing dlc can be a bitch

if I was you, i would wait for a complete edition which bound to happen next holiday sale. hunting down missing dlc can be a bitch
But none of the DLC is really necessary to buy for Sleeping Dogs. Even the story DLC isn't that good, it's just filler stuff that can be skipped.

You can solo almost all of the content in GW1. There are a few missions which are much, much easier with other players, and there is some end game content that pretty much requires a full team of human players. The gameworld is fully instanced except for player gathering areas like outposts and cities. There are henchmen/heroes to round out your party to allow you to solo. (solo meaning only one human player, not one party member)

GW2 is more WoW-ish in that most of the game is not instanced. Only your characters personal story-line, dungeons, and certain events are instanced. You can solo most of the open world stuff and all of the story-line stuff except the end.

And despite the other posting claiming there is no power creep, there most certainly is. You can read all about it on guild wars guru or the official boards. It is pretty much the biggest turn-off (besides massive grinding) for GW1 players. Again, GW1 horizontal creep, GW2 vertical creep. WoW is an example of vertical creep.
What does "power creep" mean?

You really don't need the DLC. You really don't.

If, after you have done everything in the base game and you really really want more...

By then there will be another 90% off sale and you can pick up the 2 or 3 DLCs that look interesting, based on your knowledge of the game.

Even the "must have" story DLCs are not as good as the base game. You will get many times the $3 worth of fun from the base game. You can throw another buck or two at DLCs later if you really need to.

Don't miss out the base game just because the DLC isn't complete enough. You don't need it.

- Me and the ninjas all agree -

I'm not posting my haul list, but would like to post my thanks list.

My thanks go out to:

• Tony
  • Mystery EA lurker guy
  • Namco Bandai and Lahdpal
  • Rockstar Games
  • 505 Games
  • Fellow CAGs that keep this thread fun and entertaining
And my no-thanks go out to:

• All the other pubs that either didn't show up for the party or barely made their presence known
  • All the other CAGs (you know who you are)

And
200px-2_Gold_Stars.svg.png
go out to asheskitty and Sepioth for being more organized and generous than I could ever hope to be.
Not sure if I'm a "fellow CAG that keeps it entertaining" on the thanks list or if I'm getting no thanks for being on the "all the other CAGs" list.

{ponders}

Do Ashes and Seph each get a star? Or both get two stars?

Or what?

You really don't need the DLC. You really don't.

If, after you have done everything in the base game and you really really want more...

By then there will be another 90% off sale and you can pick up the 2 or 3 DLCs that look interesting, based on your knowledge of the game.

Even the "must have" story DLCs are not as good as the base game. You will get many times the $3 worth of fun from the base game. You can throw another buck or two at DLCs later if you really need to.

Don't miss out the base game just because the DLC isn't complete enough. You don't need it.

- Me and the ninjas all agree -
I already own the base-game and played through it, quite some time ago - and it's awesome!

That's why I was asking about the DLC's.

Where's a 90% off glitch sale on SD and its DLC content like the one Steam had once that I miss'd out on, when I want/need it?? ;)

EDIT:

i meant as in buy now for that or wait for tony magic that lost some lluster ?
Buy the Have Faith Bundle and give me the Time Trials DLC code.

And you take NOTHING! :p

I offered to help someone get mp3 + la noire for $3, but they didn't respond, so I offered the coupons to someone else. Then later on he/she did respond and now I am out of coupons and feel a bit bad about it. Can someone help out?

I'll give fear 1,2 or 3 to someone that helps him out.

Edit: Gep88 offered to help out, so did themadgamer and AionTelos. So it should be sorted now, thanks guys.

To echo what the other said the DLC is crap. There's only a few story DLC and they are short and not great and easy enough to get on a later sale if you must have them. The rest are useless cosmetic crap or even worse cheats that make the game too easy.

I bought all the DLC when it went on price mistake on Steam and regretted it. I ended up figuring out how to disable the cheat DLCs and I'm not the only one who went mucking with the files to do that either.

I've got like 4 coupons left but nothing else that I want if someone needs something

just looked back in my history and turns out I have like 8 coupons. I think that happened when steam went down and I went a bit crazy buying cheap games on amazon.

To echo what the other said the DLC is crap. There's only a few story DLC and they are short and not great and easy enough to get on a later sale if you must have them. The rest are useless cosmetic crap or even worse cheats that make the game too easy.

I bought all the DLC when it went on price mistake on Steam and regretted it. I ended up figuring out how to disable the cheat DLCs and I'm not the only one who went mucking with the files to do that either.
For the Future...and I don't mean the singer, either....

I'd love to know what exactly are the cheat DLC's to avoid, BTW.

And how to disable them, in case I do buy one.

For the Future...and I don't mean the singer, either....

I'd love to know what exactly are the cheat DLC's to avoid, BTW.

And how to disable them, in case I do buy one.
MysterD I think you love talking about DLC almost as much as you love talking about DRM. ;)

It's been quite some time since I messed with SD, but there's some more info here that I found when I did a quick search over at the Steam community forum for Sleeping Dogs.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/202170/discussions/0/828925849531628026/

Go in the game folder and rename the appropriate files to remove the DLC.

1E6323E1 (Top Dog GOLD).dat
EE3FEA1 (GSP).dat
576E446C (Top Dog SILVER).dat
67EE992C (Martial Arts).dat
8C79ECFB (Retro Triad).dat
AC8D6F78 (High Roller).dat
BCF931BB (Police Protection).dat
C8F81F7D (Triad Enforcer).dat
D500D5B5 (Deep Undercover).dat
E58008F5 (Red Envelope).dat

I highly suggest removing Top Dog Gold and Silver if you don't want to start the game with 3/4 of the skills. I bought these DLCs by error and I was looking for a way to disable them.

Red Envelope can really unbalance the game by giving you too much money. Martial Arts also give you a bit of triad XP but not much. Just enough to get you to level 1. High Roller gives you money as well. The other packs are alright I guess. At least, they don't break the normal progression of the game.

*How to do it*
They're files. You can simply rename the files. As long as you don't try to validate the files, steam won't redownload them. Here's what I did to remove Top Dog Silver.

- Go into the game directory.
- Find the file [576E446C.dat]
- Right-Click on it and choose rename.
- Change the file name to [576E446C.dat.TopDogSilver]

This way, if you want to reenable it, you can simply remove the last part and it'll work again.
Last edited by Simon Dufour; Jan 8, 2013 @ 9:13pm

Sleeping Dogs DLCs that you want..

- Nightmare in North Point

- Zodiac Tournament

- Year of the Snake

- Wheels of Fury

Those are the DLCs adding some playtime and not just cosmetic aspects to the game. The Wheels of Fury being a crazy vehicle should be activated later in your playtime not to make it too easy at the start by having the big monster wheels to start the game.
I think that the SWAT pack also has some missions with it, too.

I offered to help someone get mp3 + la noire for $3, but they didn't respond, so I offered the coupons to someone else. Then later on he/she did respond and now I am out of coupons and feel a bit bad about it. Can someone help out?

I'll give fear 1,2 or 3 to someone that helps him out.
Willing to help, pm me and I will see about picking that up.

I'm not posting my haul list, but would like to post my thanks list.

My thanks go out to:

• Tony
  • Mystery EA lurker guy
  • Namco Bandai and Lahdpal
  • Rockstar Games
  • 505 Games
  • Fellow CAGs that keep this thread fun and entertaining
And my no-thanks go out to:

• All the other pubs that either didn't show up for the party or barely made their presence known
  • All the other CAGs (you know who you are)

And
200px-2_Gold_Stars.svg.png
go out to asheskitty and Sepioth for being more organized and generous than I could ever hope to be.
Thanks. It has been fun keeping the list up to date. Even up to the last minute with adding Sleeping dogs.

And I also agree with you on the Thanks list. Could not have said it better.

But above all ....

A REALLY REALLY BIG
THANK YOU TONY

I mean this guy not only flew to Namco to get some deals done .. but he even managed to get Sleeping Dogs deal in the last day. Simply amazing. Amazon should be proud.

Not to also forget that he was also generous. Giving away Defiance keys, trusting LN to distribute all those other keys, throwing out a few keys here and there for games and Bioware points as well as giving a few CAG members a free copy of Brothers (Thanks Tony :) ). Offering even to help the few that lost some money in a bad trade by paying with his own money. That's a real class act right there (who still has yet to accept my friend invite on Steam .. haha).

**How about a BIG Standing Ovation for Tony**​
:applause: :wave: :applause: :D/ :booty: :applause: :whee: :bouncy: :applause: :D/ :applause: :D/ :applause: :applause: :wave: :joystick: :bouncy: :applause: :whee: :applause: :D/ :bouncy:

I already own the base-game and played through it, quite some time ago - and it's awesome!

That's why I was asking about the DLC's.

Where's a 90% off glitch sale on SD and its DLC content like the one Steam had once that I miss'd out on, when I want/need it?? ;)

EDIT:

Buy the Have Faith Bundle and give me the Time Trials DLC code.

And you take NOTHING! :p
snakaey bro spnking u time heh for real

Was able to get Sleeping Dogs at the EC price after all, thanks to Gep!

Not a bad haul:

Brothers

Crysis 3

Tomb Raider

Max Payne 3 / GTA IV

Sleeping Dogs

at least there collection unlike some companies cough bethsedha cough
Yeah - Bethesda recently likes to make buy Re-Released Everything Edition (Base Game + ALL DLC's).

I do wish they'd do an ALL DLC Only Package.

Hell, they'll often even charge you MORE for buying DLC piece-by-piece, as opposed to buy Re-Released Edition w/ everything (i.e. Dishonored GOTY and Skyrim: Legendary).

If the Re-Released Everything Edition was cheap enough to suit me, I wouldn't really care about wasting base-game keys to such awesome base-games like Skyrim & Dishonored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back