Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
still debating LA Noire vs Enslaved... Max Pain 3, and Inversion will both sit in backlog forever.

still debating LA Noire vs Enslaved... Max Pain 3, and Inversion will both sit in backlog forever.
I'd go for Enslaved, it comes with the DLC and it's more complete. LA Noire is just the base version and I've read that the DLC it's missing is very good.

Well, it looks like I ended up using 6 of 7 EC coupons.  I wanted to grab Crysis 1 Max but missed it and that would have used my last coupon.  Also, I'm kinda wishing I had grabbed How to Survive and maybe even Brothers even though I decided at the time to pass on them.  I don't suppose anyone ended up with extras?

Didn't think I'd use all my EC coupons but I ended up with:

How to Survive

Enslaved+Inversion (even though I have Enslaved on 360)

LoK Collection (even though I have 3 of the 4 games on other systems...yes, I have a problem)

Thanks for the deals Tony!

Well this turned out to be one of the best EC promos ever. The only better one I can think of was the time I got that Paradox mega-bundle that sold out fast and never came back.

Thanks to Tony, stealth EA guy, the Namco and Squeenix reps who came through at the last minute, and the 505 folks who were in on this early.

Haul:

Crysis 3

Marlow Briggs

Bioshock Infinite (2 copies)

Enslaved+Inversion

Max Payne 3 Complete

Dark Souls PTD (2 copies)

The only thing I regret not grabbing was Final Exam. Something for next time.

I'll just leave this here:

Dark Souls PTD: [SIZE=.81em]MW2JB-6RWG7-VBTQ?-DM?TX-YQFXB[/SIZE]

? = first letter of the name of Tony's best buddy

So yesterday I could order on Amazon correctly and everything. Now I'm trying to use up the rest of my EC credits to help people, and every single order I get

" Please re-enter your payment information.

We want to make sure this is an authorized use of your account. This is for verification purposes only. Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card."

This is so annoying that I have to enter my credit card number on every purchase since I'm paying with gift card anyways.
Does every one of those purchases happen to be Dark Souls? I've bought three copies of it, and each one has asked me to re-enter my card number. I also bought another Enslaved bundle right between the second and third DS purchase, and wasn't asked for my CC number for it.

Just as confirmation, is Inversion region locked?
You forgot the sarcasm font. :whistle2:|

So yesterday I could order on Amazon correctly and everything. Now I'm trying to use up the rest of my EC credits to help people, and every single order I get

" Please re-enter your payment information.

We want to make sure this is an authorized use of your account. This is for verification purposes only. Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card."

This is so annoying that I have to enter my credit card number on every purchase since I'm paying with gift card anyways.

Does every one of those purchases happen to be Dark Souls? I've bought three copies of it, and each one has asked me to re-enter my card number. I also bought another Enslaved bundle right between the second and third DS purchase, and wasn't asked for my CC number for it.

You forgot the sarcasm font. :whistle2:|
It happened to me during my Dark Souls buying spree, but before that it locked up while purchasing an Enslaved bundle, and gave me a message when I tried to order again (paraphrasing) "This is a duplicate order, please wait up to 4 hours for our servers to fix the problem." I left it for 6 hours, came back and it wouldn't keep my card info but would process the orders and the Enslaved bundle had finally processed. It stopped asking for the card info half way through buying my Dark Souls orders (3).

i didn't get much for myself (just Enslaved + Inversion), but I was able to use my extra EC coupons to boost my trading Feedback score! Thanks, Tony!

Alright. I'm going to get Enslaved, over L.A. Noire, because of Gollum. No not really, it just makes sense to hold out for a more complete version of L.A Noire.

Anyway does anyone want my Inversion Key? I will NEVER play it and so many others have given greatly onto me, I know it isn't much. If not I will leave it for lurkers. If ya want it just quote this in a post responding with:

"PIE PLZ THX LA !"

Alright. I'm going to get Enslaved, over L.A. Noire, because of Gollum. No not really, it just makes sense to hold out for a more complete version of L.A Noire.

Anyway does anyone want my Inversion Key? I will NEVER play it and so many others have given greatly onto me, I know it isn't much. If not I will leave it for lurkers. If ya want it just quote this in a post responding with:

"PIE PLZ THX LA !"
"PIE PLZ THX LA !"

"PIE PLZ THX LA !"
Well that was random =P

Thanks guys. Still had my coupon so I bought Dark Souls for third time (XBox DIgital Download, 360 Hard Copy and now Steam Copy. Too hard to pass up again at $2.)

Did you end up getting one? if not I got one you can have... better you then a key lurker

Sweet! Sleeping Dogs! That was on my wish list :D

Thanks Tony!!!

Side note: Anyone have an extra Inversion key they don't want or can't use? I'd like to give a copy to my brother to coop if anyone is willing.
I totally missed that... I am sorry. I read at work, at 5:45 CST, and didn't get home till I posted, and there were about 100 posts in that Time. I read the top part, and stopped at Thanks Tony!! ><

what is "bad rat" and is Inversion considered bad rat?
No inversion is not bad rats LOL. Inversion is just not my style of game at all. I generally am not a shooter person, *exception borderlands/bioshock series. I don't get an urge to play shooters that often, and I already have a few better ones in back log. It wouldnt of been played for a long while for me. I have received AWESOME games on here from many people, and just wanted to give back a little bit, vs a game at the end of my list.

Can someone get Tomb Raider for me? Will reimburse you with $4 PayPal.

Thanks.
note, Tomb Raider the complete edition is out now on steam for $29.99 (retail price) and most likely will be on sale next holiday. If you just want to backlog it, consider wait for a more complete version rather than just a barebone, base game

note, Tomb Raider the complete edition is out now on steam for $29.99 (retail price) and most likely will be on sale next holiday. If you just want to backlog it, consider wait for a more complete version rather than just a barebone, base game
But most of the DLC is multiplayer only (or singleplayer outfits), and the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is super short (5 mins long). I don't think most people would want the DLC.

I don't get your advice considering none of the DLCs for TR are worth it.. 1 actual gameplay content and it adds less than 1 hour. The rest is all stuff that makes the game easier and that you would normally get during the normal gameplay OR multiplayer cosmetic things.

Even a complete edition at 75% off wouldn't beat the EC deal that Amazon is offering now.

I think I have ONE COUPON LEFT.

Someone make me use it before it expires.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm go buy naurto hehe orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ooooooooooorrrrrrrr mirror edge bundle give me time trial dlc and u caan keep the other hh

and t odecide between getting timee trial dlco r wait tony magic instead buy one of those old school pack for friend

Thanks for this, makes my decision between this and Sleeping Dogs alot easier. Already have it sealed for PS3 anyway from black friday. But also have Sleeping Dogs from PS+, so tough decision.

Got 3 coupons left I'm not using if someone ran out and wants to pay me in amazon GC for something, PM me.

All gone.

I don't get your advice considering none of the DLCs for TR are worth it.. 1 actual gameplay content and it adds less than 1 hour. The rest is all stuff that makes the game easier and that you would normally get during the normal gameplay OR multiplayer cosmetic things.

Even a complete edition at 75% off wouldn't beat the EC deal that Amazon is offering now.
i did say that if he want to BACKLOG it, then just wait for the complete edition go on sale.

1. Oh, so I did? I didn't know that I did know, SORRY. Amazon doesn't say anywhere that it is regionally locked, check it out if you don't believe me.
2. Nothing, apart from not being an a$$hole, or maybe giving a hint what I should be doing to get Inversion, since you know so much about these well-known things. Sorry to say that you failed at both.
3. Neither the product page nor TOS actually says I must be in the US to activate the product. So there are real life scenarios where this would indeed be a problem and I would be in right (simple example, buy in US, go to EU, won't activate).

So what are we even talking about?
10535254.jpg

actually your argument doesn't hold water, I just wanted to waste your time reading my asshole responses to your stupidity like you just wasted my time. I mean seriously, learn how to read. It's right on the Inversion page.

Well, I always check the Amazon page for DRM and everything (even the Steam page) but it never said anything about a region locked key. Never ever heard or would have thought that this kind of nonsense even exists (why does it even exist, again?), so I don't know where I should have checked to make sure...

The problem is, Inversion is what I bought the pack for, didn't even know anything about the other one. But thanks.

Everyone, please make sure that what you have to say is either nice or constructive (maybe even both). If it's neither, you can always consider shutting up - and I don't refer to CAG solely, but any other form of communication, including IRL.
They sure did hide it well but after decrypting the store page for Inversion, I found this

Inversion [Online Game Code]
by Namco Bandai

Rated: Mature
[SIZE=x-small]3.1 out of 5 stars[/SIZE] See all reviews (20 customer reviews)

List Price:

$39.95

Price:

$19.99

You Save:

$19.96 (50%)

Available Now.
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use. Game and software downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Platform: PC Download

another nugget of knowledge from Amazon DVG's TOS page
3.4. Compliance with Law and Reservation of Rights. You will use the Store and Applications in compliance with all applicable laws, including all export and re-export restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce and other United States agencies and authorities that may apply to any Application. We reserve the right to change, remove, suspend, or disable any Application without notice or liability.[/size]
4.2. Geographic Restrictions. The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.[/size]

if I were you, I'd drop this little tantrum you've been throwing all day especially since an actual Amazon employee is an active member of this thread, because you're lucky that account hasn't been terminated for violating the following:

4.3 Suspension and Termination; Waiver; Amendments. Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice and without refund of any fees if you fail to comply with its terms. We may terminate the Agreement or restrict, suspend or terminate your use of the Store at our discretion without notice at any time, including if we determine that your use violates the Agreement, is improper, or otherwise involves fraud or misuse of the Store or harms our interests or those of another user of the Store. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights. We may amend the Agreement at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms in the Store or on Amazon.com. Your continued use of the Store or Store Software after any amendment evidences your agreement to be bound by it[/size]

Ok, so my haul was:

• Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Pack
  • The Sims 3 Dragon Valley (for the gf ofc)
  • Thief in the shadows pack
And I still have one voucher, what should I get (up to $5)?? I'm seriously considering Ace Patrol Pack, so...
You should definitely get this http://www.amazon.com/Inversion-Enslaved-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00I48WVHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391231029&sr=8-1&keywords=enslaved+inversion

That was the point, though. It's been asked multiple times in here when Amazon would allow people to spend their credit card reward points on digital purchases, and Tony has been prodding for that functionality for some time now. This is an alternative that is just as good. No need to convert CC points to direct purchases if you can convert them to an amazon GC to then in turn use on digital games.

Currently, I'm saving my rewards points up for Dark Souls II, hopefully to be purchased on Amazon using this method (and the $5 discount from Dark Souls previously). But, I may have to cash them out for Steam, depending on where I'll have more store credit available.
I was just clarifying to people like me who thought you might be able to use your android points for gift cards.
You can't :(

Just as confirmation, is Inversion region locked?
not sure about that, amazon's site is vague on whether you can activate it outside of 'murica.

10535254.jpg

actually your argument doesn't hold water, I just wanted to waste your time reading my asshole responses to your stupidity like you just wasted my time. I mean seriously, learn how to read. It's right on the Inversion page.

They sure did hide it well but after decrypting the store page for Inversion, I found this

Inversion [Online Game Code] by Namco Bandai

Rated: Mature
[SIZE=x-small]3.1 out of 5 stars[/SIZE] See all reviews (20 customer reviews)

List Price: $39.95 Price: $19.99 You Save: $19.96 (50%)

Available Now.
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use. Game and software downloads are non-returnable and non-refundable after purchase.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Platform: PC Download

another nugget of knowledge from Amazon DVG's TOS page
3.4. Compliance with Law and Reservation of Rights. You will use the Store and Applications in compliance with all applicable laws, including all export and re-export restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce and other United States agencies and authorities that may apply to any Application. We reserve the right to change, remove, suspend, or disable any Application without notice or liability.[/size]
4.2. Geographic Restrictions. The Store is currently only available to customers located in the United States. We regret that you may not use the Store if you are outside the United States. "United States" refers to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.[/size]

if I were you, I'd drop this little tantrum you've been throwing all day especially since an actual Amazon employee is an active member of this thread, because you're lucky that account hasn't been terminated for violating the following:

4.3 Suspension and Termination; Waiver; Amendments. Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice and without refund of any fees if you fail to comply with its terms. We may terminate the Agreement or restrict, suspend or terminate your use of the Store at our discretion without notice at any time, including if we determine that your use violates the Agreement, is improper, or otherwise involves fraud or misuse of the Store or harms our interests or those of another user of the Store. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights. We may amend the Agreement at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms in the Store or on Amazon.com. Your continued use of the Store or Store Software after any amendment evidences your agreement to be bound by it[/size]

You should definitely get this http://www.amazon.com/Inversion-Enslaved-Pack-Online-Game/dp/B00I48WVHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391231029&sr=8-1&keywords=enslaved+inversion

I was just clarifying to people like me who thought you might be able to use your android points for gift cards.
You can't :(

not sure about that, amazon's site is vague on whether you can activate it outside of 'murica.
too much blash timee for ur spanking by aj lee heh with neuro heh

So I've got two Amazon accounts because one got some credit that I don't want to spend due to OCD. That one game keys don't auto reveal, or reveal when I refresh the Games & Software Library page. But the account where I buy games with, it auto reveals keys and if they're not auto revealed, they do when I refresh the page. What's up with that?
Been like that for almost a year now.

You just had to skip all the way to "at cost," huh? Couldn't have gone down to "cost + .25"?
[customspoiler=Capitalism]
Race-to-the-Bottom.jpg
[/customspoiler]

Thanks for this, makes my decision between this and Sleeping Dogs alot easier. Already have it sealed for PS3 anyway from black friday. But also have Sleeping Dogs from PS+, so tough decision.
Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs DLC are very skippable. The base games are awesome though. (And Wheels of Fury was fun.)

Outfits are never pointless.
Meh, I'll get blood and brains all over them in a couple minutes from obeying my posessed pick axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back