Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah was trying to figure out how I was missing Blood Omen despite buying the Legacy of Kain pack from GamersGate a while back.  It appears they added it to the collection after I purchased it :( 

Kind of don't want to buy the entire collection again just for Blood Omen.  Sucks lol, such a dilemma over a game I'll backlog and likely not play anytime soon.

And that was the last of my credits. Believe it!

I tried to buy the game again just to check and the site said I had a 3.41 discount for some reason. I have no idea from -what-...

Final haul:

Alice Madness Returns: The Complete Collection ($4.99)
Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack ($1.99)
Dark Souls PTD Edition ($2.49)
Dead Space 3: Awakened ($3.49)
Enslaved/Inversion Pack ($2.49)

GTA Trilogy ($1.99)
Thief in the Shadows Pack ($2.49)

Great sale, Tony! You are a man among men.

Anyone in need of a coupon I think I have a few left. I was going to get the rest of the XCOM stuff but I wanted the price to be a little cheaper.

I've got one more EC coupon left. PM me if you're interested. I'll sell at cost. No tax, and I accept paypal.

EDIT: Gone.

Could a cagbro snag me the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Pack please?

Found, thank you so much T1BillionX!

Got this from CAG a while back, for those asking about Sleeping Dogs DLC

Sleeping Dogs DLC Quick Guide

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):
Weapons and moves including outfits:
Cosmetic DLC:
Pay-To-Cheat:
Free DLC:

The deals have come and gone some good some bad

In the end more deals will come as with no Dark Souls the ECs are gone

Learned a valuable lesson as well, better to eat and forget than have regrets

Next year will come another sale, the games I buy I will keep and with it a good nights sleep

First of all. Really thanks for another great EC.  :bow:

And now, Tony, just for curiosity, how many "Dark Souls" keys (aprox.) did you receive from Namco?

Regards.

Also:

Guys,

Putting this everywhere I can. At the rate we are going, we are going to run out of Dark Souls keys prior to the extended end date. If you want the game, I'd buy it asap.

Cheers,

Tony
Quick question Tony

Does that mean, since it says "Currently unavailable" now, that I missed it?

Or will amazon be getting more in today (2/1)?

Haul post: 8/7 EC coupons used

Simcity

Simcity double pack DLC

Simcity the ferris wheel box thingy

Enslaved/Inverted

Bioshock Infinte

The Secret World

Saboteur/Syndicate

Thief Pack (thanks diggler)

Silent Hunter 5 code drop by somebody in this thread.

No cash out of pocket (ty Bing/Swagbucks)  Overall very happy. Thanks to Amazon/Tony/CG community!

Thank God nothing major has forced Win 8.1
You know you can turn Windows 8 into Windows 7 right?

Here's mine: http://windows98.co.uk/images/Win8.png

Traditional start button, aero transparency, metro apps running in desktop mode.

Now at this point you can argue there's not much point in upgrading from 7, but there certainly isn't any point in disliking 8 as it's basically 7 with more features. The new task manager is excellent for instance.

Steam games Skulls of the Shogun and Game Dev Tycoon were Windows 8 exclusives but they're obviously not anymore and I doubt anything decent ever will be again!

Traditional start button, aero transparency, metro apps running in desktop mode.

Now at this point you can argue there's not much point in upgrading from 7, but there certainly isn't any point in disliking 8 as it's basically 7 with more features. The new task manager is excellent for instance.

Steam games Skulls of the Shogun and Game Dev Tycoon were Windows 8 exclusives but they're obviously not anymore and I doubt anything decent ever will be again!
Curious - what are you using?

Classic Shell? Start8? Something else?

EDIT:

I bought a new laptop real cheap last weekend w/ Win 8.1 on it - it's not for (modern) gaming; it's just to keep me occupied when I ain't home and want to take it w/ me.

My current gaming PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit), I refuse to buy and put Win 8.1 onto that PC.

Win 8.1 is certainly better than 8.0 used to be - it actually boots to the desktop, so that's a good start! :D

I love Windows 7 - it's like the new Win XP to me. I loved XP, BTW.

Also, I don't like for games in Win 8.1 - you just can't go into a game's EXE properties on the Compability cannot disable Aero stuff (Desktop Comp & Visual Themes). Some olders games - like Sacred 1 Gold & Sacred 2 Gold - sure does help to turn that garbage off.

[quote name="MysterD" post="11491520" timestamp="1391257135"]Curious - what are you using?

EDIT:
I bought a new laptop real cheap last weekend w/ Win 8.1 on it - it's not for (modern) gaming; it's just to keep me occupied when I ain't home and want to take it w/ me.

My current gaming PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit), I refuse to buy and put Win 8.1 onto that PC.

Win 8.1 is certainly better than 8.0 used to be - it actually boots to the desktop, so that's a good start! :D
I love Windows 7 - it's like the new Win XP to me. I loved XP, BTW.

Also, I don't like for games in Win 8.1 - you just can't go into a game's EXE properties on the Compability cannot disable Aero stuff (Desktop Comp & Visual Themes). Some olders games - like Sacred 1 Gold & Sacred 2 Gold - sure does help to turn that garbage off.[/quote]

It looks like StartMenu8. That's what I use, anyway.

It looks like StartMenu8. That's what I use.
Nice.

If I put that in - is there a separate way to access Win 8.1 Metro UI for Metro Apps, as well?

EDIT:

What I'd like is a program that allows for Win 8.1 to have both the old Win 7 Start Menu + Win 8 Modern UI/Metro Menu.

I'm thinking something along these lines.

Maybe Old Win 7 Style Start Menu is on most lower-left corner (like it always was from Win 7 and before - always should be); and Metro UI is right next to it (for access to Apps).

Or even able to have Win 7 style start Menu on lower left; and pin Metro UI Menu to the bottom taskbar.

I'd even be happy w/ I can switch b/t Win 7 Start Menu and Win 8 Metro UI w/ a program w/ some kind of hot-key.

[quote name="MysterD" post="11491535" timestamp="1391259574"]Nice.

If I put that in - is there a separate way to access Win 8.1 Metro UI for Metro Apps, as well?[/quote]

Yes, there is a Start Menu item to access the MetroUI (and all Metro Apps). You can also choose to boot directly to the desktop (my favorite feature).

Yes, there is a Start Menu item to access the MetroUI (and all Metro Apps). You can also choose to boot directly to the desktop (my favorite feature).
Sweet! That sounds good, too. :D

Win 8.1 (without any mods) here boots directly to the Desktop anyways by default on my laptop. :D

Here is my haul for the holiday to EC sale:
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
Aliens: Colonial Marines

BHM (Bone Head Mistake):
Dead Space 3
I forgot I got this from Origin Humble Bundle and bought the Instant Access one to so I don't have a code to give or trade. Damn it.

watched some Inversion videos and it doesn't look too bad (only watched the intro and some minutes of the gameplay). Downloading it now.

Curious - what are you using?

I bought Start8 first but I later bought StartIsback which is better and cheaper and that's what is in the screenshot.

Classicshell used to only support an XP start menu but its last major version added a Windows 7 start menu so it's potentially just as good and free - though I've had no reason to try it myself because StartIsback is perfect and I've already paid for it.

The metro apps running desktop mode is stardocks ModernMix

The transparency is via this: http://glass8.berlios.de/

Just installed the freeware StartMenu8.

Start Menu Win 7 style in lower-left by Default - beautiful.

Can access Metro Apps via Start Menu.

Alt+X as a HotKey accesses Metro, as well - if need be (can be changed in Options, but this is fine).

Bunch of options in this thing, too.

You can disable Metro or enable it to be in lower-left. That's staying disabled - prefer Win 7 Start Menu style here.

This is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Excellent!

Thanks, Bubzers!

And also - all y'all came up w/ some great suggestions, guys! :D

Thank you!

some older games are not compatible with win 8 :/

Just installed the freeware StartMenu8.

Start Menu Win 7 style in lower-left by Default - beautiful.

Can access Metro Apps via Start Menu.
Alt+X as a HotKey accesses Metro, as well - if need be (can be changed in Options, but this is fine).

Bunch of options in this thing, too.
You can disable Metro or enable it to be in lower-left. That's staying disabled - prefer Win 7 Start Menu style here.

This is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Excellent!

Thanks, Bubzers!

And also - all y'all came up w/ some great suggestions, guys! :D
Thank you!
you're welcome. it has it's small annoyances, but i can overlook them compared to not having it.

and since we are sharing, here is what my desktop looks like

2d41edff-7823-4133-aea3-67cd4500c1fc_zps69456f42.png

only mods/additions worth noting are the Windows 7 gadgets and BatteryBar Pro Toolbar (<- absolutely love this one)

you're welcome. it has it's small annoyances, but i can overlook them compared to not having it.

and since we are sharing, here is what my desktop looks like

<snip>

only mods/additions worth noting are the Windows 7 gadgets and BatteryBar Pro Toolbar (<- absolutely love this one)
So, Old Fences FreeWare V 1.0 doesn't work properly on Win 8.1.

Can't move icons, once installed.

Had to uninstall.

(No plans to buy Stardock's real version of Fences for Win 8, BTW).

Anything else out there like that program for Win 8.1 that's Freeware?

EDIT:

Nimi Places looks like what I am looking for.

So, Old Fences FreeWare V 1.0 doesn't work properly on Win 8.1.
Can't move icons, once installed.
Had to uninstall.

(No plans to buy Stardock's real version of Fences for Win 8, BTW).

Anything else out there like that program for Win 8.1 that's Freeware?

EDIT:
Nimi Places looks like what I am looking for.
i was going to suggest that.

or Rainmeter if you really wanted to go crazy and create your own stuff: http://rainmeter.net/

Is Amazon getting anymore Dark Souls codes...?  Looking on their site and they are out still/again? 

I think its again I tried to buy it on my phone last night while at work but god forbid I can buy something off their digital marketplace without reconfirming my fucking card info, birthday, social, blood type, and DNA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back