Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great promotion this turned out to be. Lots of excellent gaming on a budget.

Big thumbs up to Tony and partners who made it happen

Big thumbs up to the CAGs who worked hard to keep us all informed

Big thumbs up to the CAGs who generously shared EC coupons

Big thumbs down to whoever refuses to put the Mirror's Edge time trial DLC on Steam :dunce:
Probably EA.

They do like keeping DLC exclusive onto their own services (like Origin and BioWare Social) for companies they own or are very tight with - like DICE and BioWare.

Of course, Mirror's Edge is grandfathered to stay on Steam w/out DLC, since it came out BEFORE Steam implemented that "ALL DLC must be also on Steam" rule" - which got kicked-off Steam both DA2 (still not back on Steam) and Crysis 2 (for the time being - until Crytek and EA got Crysis 2 Maximum re-released w/ all DLC onto Steam).

Probably EA.

They do like keeping DLC exclusive onto their own services (like Origin and BioWare Social) for companies they own or are very tight with - like DICE and BioWare.

Of course, Mirror's Edge is grandfathered to stay on Steam w/out DLC, since it came out BEFORE Steam implemented that "ALL DLC must be also on Steam" rule" - which got kicked-off Steam both DA2 (still not back on Steam) and Crysis 2 (for the time being - until Crytek got Crysis 2 Maximum re-released w/ all DLC onto Steam).
FTFY why lied u i bet it mostly crytek ea not liekly

What the poop, they have apps and normal software also? I guess I just don't know anything about Windows 8 and despite buying a couple cheap keys for it I'm gonna stay on 7. :nottalking:

I got win 7 ultimate for free. (yeah i'm cheap.), and I absolutely love it. I may decide upgrade to windows 12 or something.
I've used Win 7 when it was in Beta and it was great and 100% stable like full release version. Have my current Win 7 Ultimate install for like 3 years now with 0 issues even with multiple hardware changes!

I just can't upgrade to Win 8/8.1 and re-install all software and apps from scratch then regret it :)

Easy for you to say. Why do I keep spending my time looking for deals even though I know the sales are over for a while?
You, my friend, are a shopaholic. But don't fear, as there are many treatments available to help you overcome this obsession. I will gladly be a peer mentor during your struggle to overcome your addiction. As your peer mentor, it is my job to oversee your bank account and game collection in order to ensure you stay on the righteous path. At your earliest convenience, please forward me all the appropriate information.

Yeah, and it ended (supposedly out of keys) yesterday... right before midnight PST - when it was supposed to go live. Coincidence or not, it definitely seems suspicious.
Tony said that they were running out of keys yesterday evening. As a heads up to the CAG community.

Yeah, and it ended (supposedly out of keys) yesterday... right before midnight PST - when it was supposed to go live. Coincidence or not, it definitely seems suspicious.
DS went on sale like 16 hours later than it was supposed to. Tony and the Namco rep even posted here to say there was an issue with the first batch of keys and new ones where ordered. Because of this the sale would start later than it was scheduled and run an extra day (or until it ran out of keys).

There is nothing suspicious to even think about. No conspiracy theories.

DS went on sale like 16 hours later than it was supposed to. Tony and the Namco rep even posted here to say there was an issue with the first batch of keys and new ones where ordered. Because of this the sale would start later than it was scheduled and run an extra day (or until it ran out of keys).

There is nothing suspicious to even think about. No conspiracy theories.
Obviously, you're part of the conspiracy.

Tony said that they were running out of keys yesterday evening. As a heads up to the CAG community.
That doesn't stop it looking suspicious when it went unavailable right before midnight.

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who didn't see the 'running out of keys' post (or read about the sale elsewhere):
- Sale will be extended through the 1st of Feb.
- *Sale becomes unavailable minutes before the 1st of Feb*
=> Sale must have ended early.

It's not an unreasonable conclusion to come to if you don't know what's going on.

So after spending the past 4 hours on FFXIV...

Yeah okay this is going to suck the life out of me. I believe the tipping point occurred back at the character creation phase when I realized Lalafell exist, are a playable race, and are adorable. 

Cost of game being the same price as 1 month, totally worth it.

That doesn't stop it looking suspicious when it went unavailable right before midnight.

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who didn't see the 'running out of keys' post (or read about the sale elsewhere):
- Sale will be extended through the 1st of Feb.
- *Sale becomes unavailable minutes before the 1st of Feb*
=> Sale must have ended early.

It's not an unreasonable conclusion to come to if you don't know what's going on.
Well, the one thing I will say is this:

If you did not follow Tony on one of these online communities you would not know the game was even going to be added to the EC list, was going to be on sale, or was going to be delayed at all. You would have been completely clueless of all that and you may or may not have seen it on sale yesterday as part of the EC.

So yes, it sucks Tony told us it wouldn't go on sale until the 1st and some people didn't check and missed it, but it's just a result of him probably rushing to put it on the site as soon as he got the keys and not any sort of conspiracy theory to screw anyone over.

Tony sucked because EC didn't have enough things on sale. 

But NOW he sucks because he got on a plane to get more things in EC, and there was a hiccup with one of the games. 

fuck you Tony. How dare you get a game on sale for 60% less than the previously lowest recorded price, then when there's a problem, come on here and let us know what's going on. And then how dare you warn us the keys are getting low, so we should buy a game soon if we want it. HOW DARE YOU.

I know it's a couple days late, but I wanted to create an account and wait the requisite 2 days (I have been lurking this forum for at least a few years) before posting in order to thank LN for the key drop. I claimed hitman absolution. Thanks again.

Also, I wanted to give Tony props for the phenomenal work. I purchased quite a few games over time due to this thread. 

I know it's a couple days late, but I wanted to create an account and wait the requisite 2 days (I have been lurking this forum for at least a few years) before posting in order to thank LN for the key drop. I claimed hitman absolution. Thanks again.

Also, I wanted to give Tony props for the phenomenal work. I purchased quite a few games over time due to this thread.
Welcome to the chaos, mate!

P.S. I give your avatar a check plus (ba-dum-tshh).

The fact that you created an account just to say thanks gets my respect...good going.

Feel free to post more often, as long as you're not a complete ass it's a pretty fun community to be a part of.

I just want to state that I had 12 EC credits. I used 9 of them myself. I also got those 12 credits with legitimate purchases over the BF/Xmas/NYE sales--not a single DLC among them. It was a ridiculously good winter/EC sale, IMO.

My only regrets are missing Final Exam and that I didn't grab C&C Ultimate.

Tony sucked because EC didn't have enough things on sale.

But NOW he sucks because he got on a plane to get more things in EC, and there was a hiccup with one of the games.

fuck you Tony. How dare you get a game on sale for 60% less than the previously lowest recorded price, then when there's a problem, come on here and let us know what's going on. And then how dare you warn us the keys are getting low, so we should buy a game soon if we want it. HOW DARE YOU.
tl;dr
so many "dare"..

The "conspiracy" about the keys is silly. What's the advantage of not selling a game? How does Amazon or Namco "win" because you didn't buy something?

So yes, it sucks Tony told us it wouldn't go on sale until the 1st and some people didn't check and missed it, but it's just a result of him probably rushing to put it on the site as soon as he got the keys and not any sort of conspiracy theory to screw anyone over.
He never actually said "it wouldn't go on sale until the 1st" .. dunno where you got that from. He said they would be available at some point on the 31st, as soon as they put the new keys in the system, and then that the sale would be extended for 1 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back