Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm.. not sure if anyone's asked, but should the thread be changed to 'February deals'?
I don't think Amazon has had anything that qualifies as a deal since January though =/

Maybe change it to February Full Price Shizzle.

Reason it hasn't changed is because this is the time to Reflect on those amazing January deals we got. So everytime you click the thread its like "Oh yeah I remember those they were awesome!" 

So I see Steam has added the ability to "tag" games .. this is going to be a bad idea seeing how they are user created.

CoD: Ghosts tags - Garbage, Dog, Bad, Poor Quality, Action. Explain to me how this is helpful.

Why can't they just update the client so we can actually sort our libraries better. Maybe even add the ability to change their names locally so I can correct the many incorrectly named games.
Well, Dog was the only real new feature in CoD: Ghosts, right? ;)

But, to be honest - I think CoD has been consistent, over the years. Sure, CoD4: Modern Warfare was the last great CoD, IMHO - but were any of the others really that bad?

MW 2 was pretty good; MW3 was solid; and Black Ops 2 was solid - but none of those are CoD4:MW.

For me, on CoD games - I normally get 10 hours out of SP campaign (which I do finish); and then another 10 hours out of competitive MP - and then I'm done, since I'll by then likely had my CoD fill and am ready to move on.

Granted - I ain't played CoD: WaW, Black Ops 1 + Ghosts.

But, to be honest - I think CoD has been consistent, over the years. Sure, CoD4: Modern Warfare was the last great CoD, IMHO - but were any of the others really that bad?

MW 2 was pretty good; MW3 was solid; and Black Ops 2 was solid - but none of those are CoD4:MW.

For me, on CoD games - I normally get 10 hours out of SP campaign; 10 hours out of competitive MP - and then I'm done.

You liked MW1 over all of them? Huh, MW1 always felt clunky to me. MW2 hit the nail on the head with the ridiculous arcade style "BULLSHIT" mechanics, and Blops 1 and 2 found a nice balance between MW and WaW.

You liked MW1 over all of them? Huh, MW1 always felt clunky to me. MW2 hit the nail on the head with the ridiculous arcade style "BULLSHIT" mechanics, and Blops 1 and 2 found a nice balance between MW and WaW.
Indeed, I do prefer COD4:MW aka MW1.

Sure, MW2 and on have been over-the-top and ridiculous, but MW1 was more grounded...when compared to the others released after it. And, it was the first COD to do the Modern Warfare setting.

Plus, MW1 was the real beginning of the template on how MP was changed forever and has evolved for the modern-day military FPS. It's pretty much the beginning, when other games began actually copying the COD format of how SP + MP was designed.

Dammit, I was just trying to get that ultraviolet milk or whatever the hell it is that was supposed to have just given keys.

*Edit: I didn't get that one apparently. Turns out even I have standards sometimes.

I hope they didn't have a hard drive crash again too.
That game is rubbish.

So I see Steam has added the ability to "tag" games .. this is going to be a bad idea seeing how they are user created.

Why can't they just update the client so we can actually sort our libraries better. Maybe even add the ability to change their names locally so I can correct the many incorrectly named games.
I just want to be able to color code games in my library... apparently it's too much to ask for.

Who cares what x million random idiots that wouldn't know a good game if it launched on their PC right in front of their own eyes tag a game with? Why would you even use any idiotic web 2.0/social features like that to search for a game in the first place?
Because you want an alternative to Steam's idiotic default categorization system.

Now, we can choose which poorly implemented system to use when browsing for games on Steam.

If I have to wade through a confusing mess to find games, I at least want to be able to choose what kind of mess I'm getting into.

For me, on CoD games - I normally get 10 hours out of SP campaign (which I do finish); and then another 10 hours out of competitive MP - and then I'm done, since I'll by then likely had my CoD fill and am ready to move on.

CoD2 was a good game. MW1 & MW2 were the same movie (the most expensive movie ever), but were good too. BLOPS bored me.

No, really, I criticize those games that much because the base price is so ridiculous and the whole game is always the same. I know many people play a ton of MP, but I can't tell the difference between each game! If you put me MW1 or MW2 or MW3, I won't be able to distinguish each of them.

CoD: Ghosts tags - Garbage, Dog, Bad, Poor Quality, Action. Explain to me how this is helpful.

agreed. This primitive interface needs to go.

CoD2 was a good game. MW1 & MW2 were the same movie (the most expensive movie ever), but were good too. BLOPS bored me.

No, really, I criticize those games that much because the base price is so ridiculous and the whole game is always the same. I know many people play a ton of MP, but I can't tell the difference between each game! If you put me MW1 or MW2 or MW3, I won't be able to distinguish each of them.
CoD2 was good fun back in the day, but these days it just feels dated. World at War still feels pretty damn good though, even today, and captures the old-timey war experience pretty well (I just wish Amazon or Steam would have a reasonable sale on the game...).

MW2 and MW3 play nearly identically, because in the end there wasn't really much "better" you could do with MW2's mechanics. MW3 did add a lot onto the game though, and completely overhauled the killstreak system with multiple streak types (one of which allowed you to die in between your kills, while still counting towards your streak, but giving more support oriented rewards), and the infamous juggernaut suit (which pretty much made the game). Unfortunately I was just never a fan of MW3's maps. MW2 had some really awesome maps, even though they were broken in various ways. Granted I never paid for any of MW3's map packs. MW3 PC multiplayer is a joke these days though, utterly polluted with ridiculous hacking. Almost not even worth playing anymore.

Blops and Blops 2 have different mechanics than the MW series. They're close to CoD2 and WaW, where things aren't quite as ridiculously fast paced and arcadey. The difference isn't huge, but it makes a big difference in multiplayer. Basically, the Blops series is a much "fairer" experience online, and has a lot less of those infamous "bullshit" moments. Another big difference is that Blops maps are much more accessible from different entry points and angles. You can't just camp in Blops maps, because it's very difficult to cover all your weak points. You have to keep moving and use your head, so it lends even more to multiplayer being more enjoyable.

Also, Blops 2 really turned the whole multiplayer system on its head by allowing you points to put towards your loadout however you want, instead of the usual "1 primary gun, 1 secondary gun, 2 grenades, 2 tactical grenades, 1 equipment" etc. You can use two primary guns, or two secondary guns, or one primary gun and 2 of the same category of perk, or one secondary gun with THREE attachments. The possibilities are pretty much limitless, and it was honestly the smartest change in CoD since the series' launch. The map design is also extremely well done, and the campaign and multiplayer's integration of "future weapons" and technology like motion sensing scopes is just badass. For as much as I agree that paying $50 for every new CoD game is ridiculous considering how similar they all are, I must say that MW and Blops are very different games. I spent $42 on Blops 2, and I don't regret the purchase.

I haven't played Ghosts yet, but Blops 2 is the best game in the series, hands down.

I hate Call of Duty. Just not into the whole realistic army shooter thing.

Late night drunken Nazi Zombie sessions in college were fun though.

I hate Call of Duty. Just not into the whole realistic army shooter thing.

Late night drunken Nazi Zombie sessions in college were fun though.
Call of Duty isn't realistic whatsoever, it's arcadey and way too fast paced. The Arma series is realistic. The Battlefield series is probably a cross between the two.

TL;DR COD/MW post

CoD2 was good fun back in the day, but these days it just feels dated. World at War still feels pretty damn good though, even today, and captures the old-timey war experience pretty well (I just wish Amazon or Steam would have a reasonable sale on the game...).

MW2 and MW3 play nearly identically, because in the end there wasn't really much "better" you could do with MW2's mechanics. MW3 did add a lot onto the game though, and completely overhauled the killstreak system with multiple streak types (one of which allowed you to die in between your kills, while still counting towards your streak, but giving more support oriented rewards), and the infamous juggernaut suit (which pretty much made the game). Unfortunately I was just never a fan of MW3's maps. MW2 had some really awesome maps, even though they were broken in various ways. Granted I never paid for any of MW3's map packs. MW3 PC multiplayer is a joke these days though, utterly polluted with ridiculous hacking. Almost not even worth playing anymore.

Blops and Blops 2 have different mechanics than the MW series. They're close to CoD2 and WaW, where things aren't quite as ridiculously fast paced and arcadey. The difference isn't huge, but it makes a big difference in multiplayer. Basically, the Blops series is a much "fairer" experience online, and has a lot less of those infamous "bullshit" moments. Another big difference is that Blops maps are much more accessible from different entry points and angles. You can't just camp in Blops maps, because it's very difficult to cover all your weak points. You have to keep moving and use your head, so it lends even more to multiplayer being more enjoyable.

Also, Blops 2 really turned the whole multiplayer system on its head by allowing you points to put towards your loadout however you want, instead of the usual "1 primary gun, 1 secondary gun, 2 grenades, 2 tactical grenades, 1 equipment" etc. You can use two primary guns, or two secondary guns, or one primary gun and 2 of the same category of perk, or one secondary gun with THREE attachments. The possibilities are pretty much limitless, and it was honestly the smartest change in CoD since the series' launch. The map design is also extremely well done, and the campaign and multiplayer's integration of "future weapons" and technology like motion sensing scopes is just badass. For as much as I agree that paying $50 for every new CoD game is ridiculous considering how similar they all are, I must say that MW and Blops are very different games. I spent $42 on Blops 2, and I don't regret the purchase.

I haven't played Ghosts yet, but Blops 2 is the best game in the series, hands down.
That some MysterD worthy dissertation right there.

I liked BFBC2 SP & MP. BF3... I don't know. Not really.
Level destruction and sniping in BF3 make the game worth playing just by themselves. It's also arguably one of the most gorgeous looking, well optimized PC games that currently exist. It's just a damn well made game; DICE knows their shit.

I also liked the original CoD PC + UO Expansion + CoD2. All are really good FPS's - even though by then, WW2 just got beat to death for a setting.

CoD4: MW for me was the jaw-dropping + landmark CoD. After that - series just been solid and consistent.

Reminds me I gotta go try blops2 again, picked it up during the 5$ microcenter sale but shortly after all the friends got bf4 and I havent been back to it since since no one else owns it

The only one I played for more than a day or two was WaW and that was for the single player, pretty fun what i got through

Reminds me I gotta go try blops2 again, picked it up during the 5$ microcenter sale but shortly after all the friends got bf4 and I havent been back to it since since no one else owns it

The only one I played for more than a day or two was WaW and that was for the single player, pretty fun what i got through
Ever played single player WaW on veteran difficulty (or whatever was max)? I've never sworn at a game so much in my entire life. So much harder than any MW game, it's not even funny.

Of course this was back when I was an Xbox achievement whore. You got achievements for every level beat on veteran. Got about halfway through before saying forget it. I honestly believe it was taking years off my life.

Hey guys,

Here are some highlights on the deals starting tonight! Happy Valentine's Day :).

Edit: Forgot to add, the deals end at the end of the day 2/16.

XCOM EU and EW Pack [Online Game Code] - 14.99

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified  [Online Game Code] - 4.99

Batman: Arkham Origins  [Online Game Code] - 16.99

Batman Arkham City GOTY [Download] - 7.49

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY [Online Game Code] - 4.99

Scribblenauts Unmasked [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited [Download] - 6.79

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition [Instant Access] - 2.99

Battlefield 3 [Download] - 4.99

Battlefield 3 [Instant Access] - 4.99

Battlefield 3: Premium Edition [Online Game Code] - 13.49

Battlefield 3: Premium Service [Online Game Code] - 9.99

Battlefield 4 [Download] - 35.99

Battlefield 4 [Instant Access] - 35.99

Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection [Online Game Code] - 4.99

Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection [Instant Access] - 4.99

Crysis 3 [Download] - 4.99

Crysis 3  [Instant Access] - 4.99

Dead Space 3 [Download] - 4.99

Dead Space 3 [Instant Access] - 4.99

Medal of Honor: Warfighter [Download] - 4.99

Medal of Honor Warfighter [Instant Access] - 4.99

The Sims 3 Into the Future  [Online Game Code] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Into the Future (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 13.99

The Sims 3: Into the Future [Instant Access] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Seasons [Online Game Code] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Seasons [Mac Download] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Seasons [Instant Access] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - 13.99

The Sims 3 Starter Pack (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 13.99

The Sims 3: University Life [Download] - 13.99

The Sims 3: University Life (Mac) [Download] - 13.99

The Sims 3 University Life [Instant Access] - 13.99

Crusader Kings II [Download] - 9.99

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC [Online Game Code] - 1.2475

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC  [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam [Online Game Code] - 2.4975

Crusader Kings II: African Portraits [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome [Download] - 1.2475

Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion [Download] - 1.2475

Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC [Download] - 2.4975

Crusader Kings II: Hymns to the Old Gods [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Norse Portraits [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Norse Unit Pack [Download] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods [Download] - 3.7475

Crusader Kings II: Celtic Portraits [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Celtic Unit Pack [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield III [Online Game Code] - 0.4975

Crusader Kings II: Europa Universalis IV Converter (DLC) [Online Game Code] - 2.4975

Crusader Kings II: Customization Pack DLC (Mac) [Online Game Code] - 1.2475

Crusader Kings II: Customization Pack DLC [Online Game Code] - 1.2475

Tomb Raider [Download] - 6.99

Hitman: Absolution [Online Game Code] - 4.99

Hitman Absolution: Professional Edition [Online Game Code] - 7.49

Sleeping Dogs [Download] - 4.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition [Download] - 4.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition [Download] - 7.49

Just Cause 2  [Download] - 3.69

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  [Download] - 14.99

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [Download] - 24.99