Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. The price of EU is still a little high for me. I may wait for an XCOM complete bundle that is going to show up on March 4.
Ftfy. Source.

That's why XCOM deals are nothing more than decent. I guess the complete bundle won't cost more than $59.99, so it's max $14.99 on 75% off, and for sure it will include more content possibly for the same price or less in future - at least the two lesser dlc to EU, maybe also all the games from XCOM classic pack. I wouldn't be surprised, if it even includes The Bureau, which is why it's discounted so deeply now. I've already waited so long, that I can surely wait another half or whole year for it.

Good price for The Bureau but $5 is still the price I am waiting for Enemy Within and Scribblenauts Unmasked.

Amazon has so many good publisher deals, sometimes I wish they can have a choose-what-you-want system like GetGamesGo. Pick 2 games from the same publisher for $10, that would really benefit a lot of CAG.

Amazon has so many good publisher deals, sometimes I wish they can have a choose-what-you-want system like GetGamesGo. Pick 2 games from the same publisher for $10, that would really benefit a lot of CAG.
That would be great, but cynical me thinks that won't happen because publishers love to sell us games multiple times.

That would be great, but cynical me thinks that won't happen because publishers love to sell us games multiple times.
Plus we've talked about stuff like this with Tony about a thousand and one times, and he's always really positive about it, and nothing ever happens.

Sometimes it's the publishers' fault, sometimes it's Amazon's coding that can't support it, there's just always something that gets in the way of new stuff like this. It would be nice, but I don't think Amazon is in a huge hurry to put that much time and effort into new ventures like this when people eat up even their weakest sales like candy. It just isn't cost effective (don't fix what isn't broken, and all that).

You need to micromanage them a lot.. they're not stupid, but if you're expecting them to be intelligent, this isn't the game for you. It's a tactical TPS... you're expected to organize/command your team.
This!

The Bureau is a decent game. If you're a fan of XCOM and Mass Effect, I suggest you try this game. The first mission of the game is a bit of a chore but after you leveled up your squad a bit, the next mission onwards is fun. I think I only revive a squadmate once in every mission and they mostly revive me when I overextend my position. Also, if you play it intelligently, you don't need to micromanage alot. I only make sure that my squadmate always have a target as they deal max damage that way. And as much as possible, FLANK the enemies and took out those drones first!

I also suggest that you turn the difficulty to squaddie until you leveled up to 4-5 and/or you got comfortable on how the combat works. My only disappointment to the game is that I didn't get attached to my squad like I did when playing the original X-COM and the XCOM:EU. And its easy to save scum to avoid casualty.

another note:

A weird thing about The Bureau is that the DX11 version of it runs smoothly in my 3 years old laptop than the default game.

Edit:

About the DLC:

Codebreaker is just 1(?) mission inserted in the game and the weapon dlc is not worth it. I only got mine because the site I bought it from issued a preorder key instead of the regular game.

Hangar R&D dlc: only get it once you finished the game and wanted to play more. The dlc is F**king hard! and its usually a wave after wave of enemy type of mission. I'm about 4 hours into it and I'm still not finished.

Whoa, those are some nice prices.  I wasn't expecting so many.  I picked up most of what I am interested in on that list over the holidays, but still...bravo! 

I am interested in Lego Marvel, since I am a Marvel Zombie, but I have never played a Lego game.  Any opinions?  Are they really geared towards kids, or can anyone enjoy them?  And more importantly, how early can I unlock Deadpool?

I love the Lego games and I'm almost .... well I'm not a kid .. :)

They just get better with each game. Really fun games .. more fun if you can play co-op with someone.

TT Games and Lego just keep getting better and better at making these games. While typically I hate when companies "rehash" games over and over again .. each Lego games seems new and fresh even though it is typically the same mechanics and gameplay.

Personally I think they are pretty good games.

I am interested in Lego Marvel, since I am a Marvel Zombie, but I have never played a Lego game. Any opinions? Are they really geared towards kids, or can anyone enjoy them? And more importantly, how early can I unlock Deadpool?
They aren't hard, but they also aren't geared specifically towards kids. In fact, some of them might be too hard for younger children. They are action/adventure games in which puzzle solving is the focus. Chances are if you like that type of game and whatever license is attached, then you'll enjoy.

All characters are unlocked through gameplay. New characters mean new abilities, and once you get a few you can return to a previously beaten level and use the new abilities to access alternate pathways or hidden stuff. No idea about Deadpool though, as LEGO Marvel is one of the few I have yet to play.

Whoa, those are some nice prices. I wasn't expecting so many. I picked up most of what I am interested in on that list over the holidays, but still...bravo!

I am interested in Lego Marvel, since I am a Marvel Zombie, but I have never played a Lego game. Any opinions? Are they really geared towards kids, or can anyone enjoy them? And more importantly, how early can I unlock Deadpool?
You can unlock deadpool by paying around 40 bucks on ebay

Some non indie not so crap scraps

AL8WR-X32FG-5VGZ5

53FLN-C26FG-N6RBV

Don't panic, Mooby, I saved Bionic crap game for you. Very sneaky adding it to your wishlist just after the bundle went live.

10000000 what though? There are a number of items there...10000000 swords? Logs? Keys? Chests? Wands?
[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]10000000 tebows.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px] :shock:[/SIZE][SIZE=11.818181991577148px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]The gift that keeps on giving...[/SIZE]

Well the Digital Tribes pack that I warned was unavailable just before the sale has continued to be so. The Bureau is unavailable.

Someone separate those hamsters.  

Well the Digital Tribes pack that I warned was unavailable just before the sale has continued to be so. The Bureau is unavailable.

Someone separate those hamsters.
Tony never said that the Digital Tribes pack would be part of the V-day sale, just that it would be $1.99 "real soon".

Instant Access goes straight to your linked Origin account, Online game code is a key you input manually.

Also, yay for instant access questions again.  Means sales, lol

Also got Titanfall beta so imma be busy.  Brag, IMO.

:)

The Bureau is available now, just bought one. 

Edit: Sorry, missed the other response saying that already. Bad tiger.

Tempted, but I think I will hold fast for the complete xcom pack, I am sure it will come eventually, I may pick up that digital tribes back though if it becomes available.

Dayuummm.

I wish I could take advantage of that XCOM pack! I have been waiting to get Enemy Within for like $7 or less and this is the best deal I have seen so far. Hopefully it standalone will be cheap sometime soon then, at least somewhere haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back