Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if its been posted since I don't really follow* the thread but Diablo (on PC) is going to be a lighting deal tomorrow morning.  (about 7 hours and 30 minutes from the time I'm writing this.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00178630A/

* Nothing personal, Tony!  Sometimes you just have to draw the line at how many threads you want to read in a day.

I've recently started playing it after I got it for 25 bucks on Black Friday (pretty much play now or have buyer's remorse with the new expansion coming out) and its honestly not a bad game...  Its largely a disappointment because of the Diablo name being attached to it but if it was just a Diablo clone...  It would have been far better received. 

Launching the games from Steam seems to launch a different game specific version of the launcher than if I launch the Uplay client which allows me to see all my ubi games. The version of the client launched by Steam also does not have the Free and Shop tabs. It still takes up the same amount of system memory so .. yeah .. lite was def the wrong term to use (edited it out of my post) :)
I installed the Ubisoft client and all my games showed up there with no problems after I activated them. I deliberately bought the games that use Ubisoft outside of Steam to keep things as simple as possible, though.

I installed the Ubisoft client and all my games showed up there with no problems after I activated them. I deliberately bought the games that use Ubisoft outside of Steam to keep things as simple as possible, though.
Yeah the games show up in the Uplay client once you activate them on your Uplay account.

BUT if you launch the game from Steam it launches a different version of the Uplay client that only shows the game you launched. You can't even access the shop from it as the shop tab is missing from the top. And clicking the games tab does nothing.

Differences between the Uplay "versions" - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24774597/uplay.png

They are the same client. Steam just launches differently and has less "features"

Yeah the games show up in the Uplay client once you activate them on your Uplay account.

BUT if you launch the game from Steam it launches a different version of the Uplay client that only shows the game you launched. You can't even access the shop from it as the shop tab is missing from the top. And clicking the games tab does nothing.

Differences between the Uplay "versions" - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24774597/uplay.png

They are the same client. Steam just launches differently and has less "features"
i dont rember my upplaly acount i have two i have no moeyr

IDK if i will get the KOA pack. Might just get Base game and pirate dlc (for the home part)

Also, have a Inversion Key:  [SIZE=.81em]CNGCE-VVQ55-KKG56[/SIZE]

Cannot give it away on steamgifts cuz of region lock.

IDK if i will get the KOA pack. Might just get Base game and pirate dlc (for the home part)

Also, have a Inversion Key: CNGCE-VVQ55-KKG56

Cannot give it away on steamgifts cuz of region lock.
lurked already

Not sure if its been posted since I don't really follow* the thread but Diablo (on PC) is going to be a lighting deal tomorrow morning. (about 7 hours and 30 minutes from the time I'm writing this.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00178630A/

* Nothing personal, Tony! Sometimes you just have to draw the line at how many threads you want to read in a day.

I've recently started playing it after I got it for 25 bucks on Black Friday (pretty much play now or have buyer's remorse with the new expansion coming out) and its honestly not a bad game... Its largely a disappointment because of the Diablo name being attached to it but if it was just a Diablo clone... It would have been far better received.
From that link: Only 1 left in stock.

I think we're about to see the fastest Lightning Deal in Amazon history.

I ended up getting the KoA steam deal, even though I've yet to play the game on origin. I figure with all the hype everyone gives the game wanting amazon to get it for steam, there has to be something good there.
So... cheers, Tony! (Heh see what I did there?)

FYI : You can use Kingdom of Amalur CDKEY from Steam to redeem in Origin  and play this game via Origin ( and I think included got the bonus new story and special outfit from Mass Effect 3 )

For anyone that bought Battlefield 4 during the last Black Friday sale, you can get the Handgun Shortcut Kit for free here. The offer is valid until February 24 and you can get the kit even if you don't own Battlefield 4 in your Origin account.

FYI : You can use Kingdom of Amalur CDKEY from Steam to redeem in Origin and play this game via Origin ( and I think included got the bonus new story and special outfit from Mass Effect 3 )
I tried that myself, and it did not add it to my origin account. It only activates something called "reckoning online access - Steam", but doesn't add it to your library.

Did you actually try it yourself, or are just assuming you can because it's an EA game?

I wish it worked the other way around too. :whistle2:(

I don't know if I should get KoA, will the steam keys be available "forever"? Or is some sort of limited offer? I'm not talking about the price. 

I don't know if I should get KoA, will the steam keys be available "forever"? Or is some sort of limited offer? I'm not talking about the price.
Depends on how long EA holds onto the rights for KoA (probably a very long time), but it's all up to EA. I remember a while back Ubisoft pulled Steam keys from various online retailers (including Amazon), but they changed their stance and Amazon has keys again for Ubisoft games.

I doubt they'll be taken away any time soon, you should be safe if you want to wait for a better sale. If they run out of keys EA will probably resupply them.

So what happened did EA finally give in on giving out steam codes for KOA or did tony's source finally reply after months of absence :p

Going to be buying a key when I get home from work even though I already own it on origin. 

So what happened did EA finally give in on giving out steam codes for KOA or did tony's source finally reply after months of absence :p

Going to be buying a key when I get home from work even though I already own it on origin.
This is a limited time thing. Good question, should have mentioned that.

Cheers,

Tony

neither i think ea just took back the steam verison and sell that verison to amazon

Thief Modding Contest

Announcing the Thief Modding Contest! Starting February 17, the Thief and modding communities are challenged to put their imagination to the test. Whether it’s creating a new heist for Garrett or reworking a classic level from the series, Square Enix and Amazon are looking for fans to submit their entries in one of two categories:

1. Upload a short video playthrough of their completed mod
  2. Submit their pitch for a mod they would like to create.

Participants can return to this page to submit their videos starting February 19, and submissions will be accepted through April 14. Participants looking for help can find modding resources at The Dark Mod

The ultimate winner will be determined by Square Enix and will receive: 

• A high-end gaming rig from AMD which includes an AMD Radeon R9 290X graphics card 
  • An all-expenses paid trip to E3 2014 with Square Enix 
  • Steam code for all Square Enix Games with the matching Prima Guide 
  • An Amazon Kindle DX
  • A bundle of game development books on Kindle
All entrants will also receive a free digital version of Thief: Gold (Steam).

I am so excited to finally get to play KoA!

I held out on the console version because I knew one day I could get this great pack!!

Thanks Tony.

Bummed that I am busy all week though and wont get to actually start the game until this weekend most likely though

So Irrational Games just shut down after finishing the last DLC for BioShock Infinite.
About those BioShock bundles and their respective DLC...

Not an issue on the publisher mind you, 2K still has that. More of a going away thing now that the studio's been killed.

I tried that myself, and it did not add it to my origin account. It only activates something called "reckoning online access - Steam", but doesn't add it to your library.

Did you actually try it yourself, or are just assuming you can because it's an EA game?
I just tried it myself and the game added to my library just fine. Although none of the DLC from the KoA:R Collection I bought on Steam transferred over. Not a big deal or a shock, I'm just happy it worked. Plus, chances are the steam KoA:R key listed is only tied to the original game content which would make sense.

So Irrational Games just shut down after finishing the last DLC for BioShock Infinite.
About those BioShock bundles and their respective DLC...

Not an issue on the publisher mind you, 2K still has that. More of a going away thing now that the studio's been killed.
Well they didn't completely shut down, they just downsized and repurposed themselves.

I would also love to see a sale on their stuff too, I missed the BioShock Infinite Season Pass when it was $5 on steam.

I just tried it myself and the game added to my library just fine. Although none of the DLC from the KoA:R Collection I bought on Steam transferred over. Not a big deal or a shock, I'm just happy it worked. Plus, chances are the steam KoA:R key listed is only tied to the original game content which would make sense.
Odd. Mine didn't add to origin either. It did the same as r333k0 described.

On a semi-serious note, is this and the other Fable 3 DLC going away when GFWL goes down? I seem to vaguely recall having to redeem it there?
I can't remember which but some major pub stated recently that GFWL-netplay will go away and implied the GFWL activation servers will remain up (sensible, imo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back