amazon - play& charge kit now $14.99

It does contain the rechargable battery, and the play and charge wire. Though, this isn't recent, I got it for $15 off Amazon in November...

It is recent, you may have gotten it for 15 in November, but it hasn't been that price since then. It went back up to 20 and just recently dipped back to 15.

[quote name='VWarrior']Man I really want black one (I have an Elite) but I may have to suck it up and bite on this deal.[/QUOTE]
pay the extra 5 for the black one. the white on black looks awful...

Unless you really want that cable, which can be pretty convenient to have, rechargable NiMH batteries (which is all the Xbox rechargable battery pack is, unless I'm mistaken) are generally a better way to go. You can usually get at least a charger and four AA batteries for 20 bucks, which is cheaper than a play and charge+extra battery pack, or those two-pack chargers they sell.

[quote name='Holt']Unless you really want that cable, which can be pretty convenient to have, rechargable NiMH batteries (which is all the Xbox rechargable battery pack is, unless I'm mistaken) are generally a better way to go. You can usually get at least a charger and four AA batteries for 20 bucks, which is cheaper than a play and charge+extra battery pack, or those two-pack chargers they sell.[/QUOTE]

I think this is best way to go. With the play and charge kit, once the battery dies you have to either be playing it like a wired controller or leave your xbox on while you;re not playing to charge it. With the rechargeable AAs you can have a set charging on the side and just swap it out, and u can also use them for other devices too.

I think it's more conveniant if you buy rechargable AA's instead of propritary battery packs. I have 8 energizer AA's that I share with my Wii remotes, Xbox 360 controller and my digital camera. Use the ones rated 2500mAH since everytime I use those I usually get a average life of 20 - 30 hours per charge on both my wii remote and 360 controllers which is not bad at all.

[quote name='Holt']Unless you really want that cable, which can be pretty convenient to have, rechargable NiMH batteries (which is all the Xbox rechargable battery pack is, unless I'm mistaken) are generally a better way to go. You can usually get at least a charger and four AA batteries for 20 bucks, which is cheaper than a play and charge+extra battery pack, or those two-pack chargers they sell.[/QUOTE]
I dont know, I prefer the rechargable batteries. I have 6 energizers (2lost) and 4 Rayvac, and 4 duracel at home, and love that I just charge them, when its dead, replace. I can also use it for other things.
I would by one if it was under 10, good for now.

[quote name='Holt']Unless you really want that cable, which can be pretty convenient to have, rechargable NiMH batteries (which is all the Xbox rechargable battery pack is, unless I'm mistaken) are generally a better way to go. You can usually get at least a charger and four AA batteries for 20 bucks, which is cheaper than a play and charge+extra battery pack, or those two-pack chargers they sell.[/quote]

where can u find this?

[quote name='bugg33']pay the extra 5 for the black one. the white on black looks awful...[/quote]

Thats what I was afraid of. Yeah, i'll just get black one.

[quote name='Furashu']where can u find this?[/quote]

I wanna know too. Now that I think about it, it would be better to just get a set of recharagable batteries and recharger, especially for me as I need rechargables for both my Xbox 360 and my Wii. I'm sure I can get recharger and 4-6 batteries for less than $40. The question is where.

I have this and am really not that crazy about it. It will run about twelve to fiftteen hours (moderate play time of about two hours a day) before needing a charge. I got better times from my Panasonic rechargables (was just a pain to have to keep swapping batteries) of around twenty five hours.

One good side to this is that it has a cord that can let you use your controller while the batteries are charging.

So, it's up to you but I would consider rechargeables to this.

[quote name='VWarrior']I wanna know too. Now that I think about it, it would be better to just get a set of recharagable batteries and recharger, especially for me as I need rechargables for both my Xbox 360 and my Wii. I'm sure I can get recharger and 4-6 batteries for less than $40. The question is where.[/QUOTE]

Costco or whatever your price club might be. That's where I got mine (four double A's, two triple A's with charger for twenty beans).

[quote name='Furashu']where can u find this?[/QUOTE]

Some of the links others have posted, as well as any given electronics or department store. I'd avoid Radioshack, though; they'll often gouge you on batteries.

And some more comparison notes: I also own a Play & Charge (the official Microsoft brand), and as far as performance goes, the rechargable batteries seem to last a lot longer than the P&C battery pack. Also, the P&C seemed to take an unreasonable amount of time to recharge, as it only charges while you've got the 360 on and for a short time after you've shut off the 360. I'd have to go wired for at least a couple of days before the pack was back in order for use.

The rechargable batteries are just cheaper and more convenient in the long run, at least in my experience.

I just ordered one of these and an extra battery pack today.

I like the fact that you can charge one with any usb port. My comp is on most of the day so i should always have an open port if i want to charge when not using the system.

bread's done
Back