Amazon PM's Target's ad (House Season 4, Simpsons Seasons 1-11, etc.)

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Okay I'm not going to go through and find all of them, but I saw and ordered both House Season 4 and Simpsons Season 11 for under $40.

Simpsons Season 11 ($14.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Comp..._bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230472807&sr=8-3

House Season 4 ($23.99)

http://www.amazon.com/House-M-D-Sea...ef=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230472923&sr=1-7

And they have Seasons 1-10 of the Simpsons for $14.99 as well, I'm sure they have other box sets that is on sale at Target for cheap as well.

[quote name='knight19']They also PM'd the price for the Office: Season 4 ($17.99), saving me a trip :)[/quote]

Would you mind posting a link so I can include it in the OP?

And when the sale is over for Best Buy, it is also gone for Amazon.
Today Deadwood is back over $100 at amazon.

Amazon is really trying to own the world (just like Walmart).
I'm not complaining.
But I am willing to bet the many more states are going to follow in the footsteps of New York when they realize so much of their tax money is getting dwindled because of Amazon and other online retailers.
It's inevitable.

well...I thought the NY sales tax for Amazon happened because Amazon chose to have do something paramount to having a physical location in NY hence their being considered a busines operating in NY therefore the tax...if that were the case, state government can't really go around and start slapping on the tax (if they could, they would've done that for all the online retailers, not just Amazon)

[quote name='jererjerer']well...I thought the NY sales tax for Amazon happened because Amazon chose to have do something paramount to having a physical location in NY hence their being considered a busines operating in NY therefore the tax...if that were the case, state government can't really go around and start slapping on the tax (if they could, they would've done that for all the online retailers, not just Amazon)[/QUOTE]

nope NY passed a law and forced amazon to collect sales tax

[quote name='rsigley']nope NY passed a law and forced amazon to collect sales tax[/QUOTE]

this is correct. NY stepped up legislation to tax amazon.

i still prefer amazon in most cases, but I'm using BB more often for the rewards zone points.

Wow I wish I'd seen this before I left this morning -- I would have picked up The Simpsons season 11 while I was out. Oh well -- Amazon gets more of my money :)

Now if only they would price match The Dark Knight (BR) and Wall-E (BR) since my local Target is out of stock with both of them.

Wow silly me, I just checked right now and they did indeed price match it. Amazon is taking all of money lately.

[quote name='knight19']They also PM'd the price for the Office: Season 4 ($17.99), saving me a trip
4abe17a1c80cbdd2aa241b70840879de.gif
[/quote]

Ah, good to know. I'm in for an order of the Office and the Simpsons. Thanks!

[quote name='JJSP']The 50% off HBO sets returns next week at Circuit City for anyone keeping score.[/quote]Except with higher prices. The BoB BR set is $45 @ CC when they have their sale, instead of $37.50 as BB had it.

Hmm, looks like I might get Simpsons S11, How I Met Your Mother S2/S3 and Office S4. $53... about $13/season. Not too bad. Only thing I'm wondering is if I'd want The Office on BD, but I can't imagine seeing it this cheap within years... not the way they price other high-profile shows (like heros).

bread's done
Back