Amazon - Pre-order Ponyo and Receive $10-$12 Off Other Studio Ghibli Films

bywaytm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Save on other Studio Ghlibi Titles When you Order "Ponyo"

For a limited time, pick up Miyazaki's latest masterpiece Ponyo on DVD or Blu-ray with another classic Studio Ghlibi release (see below) at Amazon and save $10. To receive the $10 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter this promotional code at checkout: PONYOTEN

Order the special edition 2-Disc DVD gift set of Ponyo with a plush toy along with one of the Studio Ghlibi titles below at Amazon and save $12. To receive the $12 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter this promotional code at checkout: PONYOSPE

Offer ends on June 2, 2010 and is only valid for one item per customer.

Releases included in the "Ponyo" promotion:
- The Cat Returns (2002)
- Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
- My Neighbors the Yamadas (1999)
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1985)
- Porco Rosso (1992)
- Spirited Away (2001)
- Whisper of the Heart (1995)
- My Neighbor Totoro (Two-Disc Special Edition) - Preorder
- Kiki's Delivery Service: Special Edition - 2-Disc DVD (1989) - Preorder
- Castle in the Sky: Special Edition - 2 Disc DVD (1986) - Preorder

Enjoy!

Link To Deal: Save on other Studio Ghlibi Titles When you Order "Ponyo"

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder what the chance is of seeing a $10 coupon on the bluray for this... seeing as how disney has been putting them out for all their new blu's lately.

ahhh i love studio ghlibi. they have made some of the best anime films that have hit western cinemas.
too bad ive watched them already haha

Deal currently at amazon.com

Save on other Studio Ghlibi Titles When you Order Ponyo For a limited time, pick up Miyazaki's latest masterpiece Ponyo on DVD or Blu-ray with another classic Studio Ghlibi release and save $10. To receive the $10 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter the promotional code "PONYOTEN" at checkout.

Order the special edition 2-Disc DVD gift set of Ponyo with a plush toy along with one of the Studio Ghlibi titles below and save $12. To receive the $12 discount, add both titles to your cart and enter the promotional code "PONYOSPE" at checkout.

Offer ends on June 2, 2010 and is only valid for one item per customer. This offer is only valid on the products shown below. Additional restrictions apply; see terms and conditions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=93192502&pf_rd_i=B001FXG1ZY

Now I dont know if Best buy plans to do anything special for this release. =/ It might be worth it to pre-order, sit and wait to see what best buy does?

From what I was told don't bother buying the American version of "Ponyo" unless you like dubs as I've heard the original Japanese will be Lossy while the American dub(says with distaste) will be Lossless.
So either buy the Japanese or HK version. Yes there's actually a Hong Kong version. Surprised me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read what I've said in the other thread about this deal. If you like the original language it will NOT be in Lossless but Lossy.

[quote name='fifthcore']I wish another Studio Ghibli film was being released in blu-ray for this deal...[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly...

I think most people will be able to bear a lossy audio track, Sarang01. So what is everyone getting with Ponyo? I am getting Kiki's Delivery Service since I've never owned it before.

Oh, awesome. I already wanted to pick up both Ponyo and Totoro when it re-releases, as I sold my copy for about $70 on eBay a few months ago when it was taken out of print.

I also need to pick up Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service, but Mononoke isn't included and I'd prefer Totoro over Kiki's.

I could probably buy two of these deals and sell one Ponyo to end up with a fairly cheap Kiki's, though.

[quote name='argyle']My thoughts exactly...[/QUOTE]

totally agree. i got my hopes up and thought totoro was finally coming to BD.

thanks anyhoo OP!

[quote name='Rocko']Oh, awesome. I already wanted to pick up both Ponyo and Totoro when it re-releases, as I sold my copy for about $70 on eBay a few months ago when it was taken out of print.

I also need to pick up Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service, but Mononoke isn't included and I'd prefer Totoro over Kiki's.

I could probably buy two of these deals and sell one Ponyo to end up with a fairly cheap Kiki's, though.[/QUOTE]

70 bucks, WTF!?

I used piratebay to get all the movies in english, even The Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yersterday, Princess Mononke, and Lupin The Third.

Well, I guess the Totoro that is coming out now has only the English track, and I think it's a new dub or something, because I saw "Dakota Fanning" on the cover art.

fuck that.

Regarding Totoro, Kiki and Castle re-releases. Do they have the same transfer as the original release?

I already have Ponyo on preorder and have all the other DVDs in the promo except of course the 3 re-releases. I ain't upgrading those 3 unless they have a better transfer or something, and just wait for the eventual BR releases.

[quote name='lolwut?']Well, I guess the Totoro that is coming out now has only the English track, and I think it's a new dub or something, because I saw "Dakota Fanning" on the cover art.

fuck that.[/QUOTE]

The 2006 release was the new dub, so this is the second time it's released with these voice actors. I've never heard the old dub, but I think the characters are perfect in the newer dub.

The 2006 release had both english and Japanese and according to amazon this release does too. In fact it's the older 1993 release that didn't have the Japanese language track if I'm thinking correctly.

[quote name='fart_bubble']now if only it was a better film[/QUOTE]

Yea, I haven't liked the last couple releases.

It was very well animated but the story didn't seem to be fleshed out as well as the other Miyazaki films.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']70 bucks, WTF!?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, tell me about it. This was after it had been announced that the movie was going to be re-released with Ponyo, but I guess some people didn't know and thought it was OOP for good?

bread's done
Back