Amazon Preorder Discounts/regular discounts/bonuses

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!
Help me keep this updated, I'll update the first post in this thread as new deals come along. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED

Left4Dead 2
ir
$54.99.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
ir
$33.99 - Use promo Kingdom5 to get $5 off

The following are $36.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
ir

God of War: Collection
ir

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
ir
$34.99 AND $5 GC after it ships. I ordered this ASAP.

Red Faction Guerrilla
ir
$39.99

Wet
ir
$49.99 - Get five bonus music tracks from the game with your pre-order.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
ir
$52.99

The following are $53.99
The Beatles: Rock Band
ir

Borderlands
ir

Bioshock 2
ir

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
ir

Halo 3: ODST
ir
$59.99 but get a $10 gc after it ships. Enter HALOODST as a promo code for an additional $5 gc. THANKS GERBAR!).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
ir

$59 and you get digital versions of Secret War 1-3. Not much of a price difference (seriously Amazon? $1? They usually do 5%) but free digital comics. Get it from Amazon if you don't care about having the Juggernaut from gamestop.

The following are all $56.99. Not much of a discount, but still free shipping and no tax for most states. Anything with any bonuses are included next to the name. Hope it helps someone.

Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition
ir
(If you havent gotten the original and all the DLC, this is a FANTASTIC value).
Mass Effect 2
ir

Dead Rising 2
ir

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
ir

Assassins Creed II
ir
(get $10 after ships)
Tekken 6
ir

Need for Speed: Shift
ir
(get $10 gc after ships AND access to the Elite challenge series in-game)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
ir
(You get a digital treasure map from Amazon when you pre-order THANKS BMACHINE)
Brütal Legend
ir

Alpha Protocol
ir

God of War III
ir

NHL 10
ir
(Pre-order NHL 10 today and receive five MP3s from the game soundtrack as a special bonus)

Last edited by a moderator:
Add to the list Need for Speed Shift, with $10 back for video game future purchase, and release date delivery for Prime people! w00t!

Yeah, I got MUA2 at 56.99 (total is $52 after ECA). Shame Amazon raised it, which is why I preorder games early and I get the lowest prices.

Lets see how long this thread lives, many have tried to consolidate all the different Amazon deals threads into one, and they all slowly banish. Good job op!

[quote name='dcm1602']Still 56.99 on newegg with free shipping and no tax for some of us.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I like the deal at newegg better than amazon because of free shipping and no tax is a bonus as well, however, waiting for the price to drop.

[quote name='nightmare452']
Lets see how long this thread lives, many have tried to consolidate all the different Amazon deals threads into one, and they all slowly banish. Good job op![/QUOTE]

Thanks :) I'll try and keep this update as often as possible. I hope it helps people!

NHL 10 - $56.99 - Pre-order NHL 10 today and receive five MP3s from the game soundtrack as a special bonus. Pre-order customers will be sent an e-mail with download instructions within 10 business days after the game releases.

[quote name='minimafiaaj']man there not doing the $10 gc for Modern Warfare 2 are they?

oh well if u get it from wal-mart you get a $10 card[/QUOTE]
they were a bit ago not any more i guess

I just signed up for Amazon Prime recently and ordered Need For Speed: Shift for PS3. With that, I get release date delivery, 10% off with ECA, another 5% off since it popped up in my Gold Box, and $10 video games credit as a pre-order bonus. Thanks OP!

God of War Collection for PS3 is $36.99 ($3 off from $39.99). I actually got it in my gold box quick picks today (so it was $35.14).

Never mind...I know how to get the 10$ off...

But how do i put it in my gold box??

[quote name='ssjgoku5']
But how do i put it in my gold box??[/QUOTE]

You don't put it there, Amazon does. And it is the luck of the draw (combined with tailoring your recommendations and such - look around on CAG as there are threads that go into detail about it).

You get a digital treasure map from Amazon when you pre-order Uncharted 2 from them. Plus, they're offering release-day delivery on it.

Thanks again to all who posted additional deals. KEEP THEM COMING.

Also, to note, if you know of a game deal somewhere else where the deals better (like many have mentioned about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2), PLEASE feel free to post them here. I love amazon, but lets be honest, they don't ALWAYS beat everyone.

Nice thread, I like amazon more and more especially with the ECA membership(bonus). I was surprised how well there release date delivery worked, received Beatles rock band next day for $10 shipping which is a steal.

Alpha Protocol pre-order on Steam gets you a copy of Space Siege for free. I don't think there are achievements or anything, but if you're going to buy the PC version, it might be a better deal than Amazon.

I've got Heavy Rain and Gran Turismo 5 in my Gold Box for $54.14 each. I guess I'll make a separate order for each with ECA and Prime before Amazon stops taking ECA soon. =x

Edit: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time also showed up in my Gold Box and has release date delivery. Went ahead and ordered it.

actually borderlands is still $53.99, although now you have to put it in your cart to see your price..which is still weird.

Borderlands was showing $59.99 in cart earlier today. I was like WTF at first, but waited out couple hours and it went back to $53.99. Got it for around 48.17 w/ the ECA discount. ;) Got standard shipping w/ it since Prime doesn't work for Hawaii, so it would've been $43.19 w/o the shipping :(

[quote name='newlu']According to GS.com:
2-disc soundtrack will come bundled with the game in a premium boxed package.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so this isn't really a preorder bonus - it comes with all of them.

I placed the order for NFS: Shift on September 11 and for some reason, despite being "In Stock" it says it will not ship until September 21. Is this normal for Amazon?

I think this is the first time I have ever tried to order a new release from them...

^^ Free shipping I assume? They can take a long time to ship with the free super saver shipping.

I'm somewhat bothered that I have Prime and have yet to get a shipping notice for Mario & Luigi. Didn't that come out Monday? I know I saw a pile of them at Gamecrazy Tuesday. And yet Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet and I was supposed to get 2-day shipping.

[quote name='io']^^ Free shipping I assume? They can take a long time to ship with the free super saver shipping.

I'm somewhat bothered that I have Prime and have yet to get a shipping notice for Mario & Luigi. Didn't that come out Monday? I know I saw a pile of them at Gamecrazy Tuesday. And yet Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet and I was supposed to get 2-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I didnt think it would be an issue because everything else I have ordered with FSSS it ships out right away and usually shows up in four days or so. I guess it is different with new releases...

If I upgrade to next cheapest level of shipping, do they generally ship out right away?

Given the $10 deals stacked with the ECA and what seems to be a general 5-10% discount on all the new releases, it seems it may be worth spending a few dollars to get items shipped in a reasonable time frame.

Great Thread!. Quick suggestion to list the titles in the OP by release Month/date.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I just signed up for Amazon Prime recently and ordered Need For Speed: Shift for PS3. With that, I get release date delivery, 10% off with ECA, another 5% off since it popped up in my Gold Box, and $10 video games credit as a pre-order bonus. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Pretty freakin' sweet when all the stars align like this. :D

[quote name='io']Ah, so this isn't really a preorder bonus - it comes with all of them.[/QUOTE]
All launch copies come with the soundtrack. I think the package will be like Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero.

[quote name='twztid13']kingdom hearts 358/2 days gives a 10$ giftcard. thatd be sweet if itd stack w/ 5$ code.[/QUOTE]
The promo description explicitly says the promo will be extended to the existing orders. So early adopters didn't get shafted and it shouldn't matter if you used coupon(s) or not.

bread's done
Back