Amazon Preorder Discounts/regular discounts/bonuses

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!
Help me keep this updated, I'll update the first post in this thread as new deals come along. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED

Left4Dead 2
ir
$54.99.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
ir
$33.99 - Use promo Kingdom5 to get $5 off

The following are $36.99
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
ir

God of War: Collection
ir

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
ir
$34.99 AND $5 GC after it ships. I ordered this ASAP.

Red Faction Guerrilla
ir
$39.99

Wet
ir
$49.99 - Get five bonus music tracks from the game with your pre-order.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
ir
$52.99

The following are $53.99
The Beatles: Rock Band
ir

Borderlands
ir

Bioshock 2
ir

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
ir

Halo 3: ODST
ir
$59.99 but get a $10 gc after it ships. Enter HALOODST as a promo code for an additional $5 gc. THANKS GERBAR!).

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
ir

$59 and you get digital versions of Secret War 1-3. Not much of a price difference (seriously Amazon? $1? They usually do 5%) but free digital comics. Get it from Amazon if you don't care about having the Juggernaut from gamestop.

The following are all $56.99. Not much of a discount, but still free shipping and no tax for most states. Anything with any bonuses are included next to the name. Hope it helps someone.

Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition
ir
(If you havent gotten the original and all the DLC, this is a FANTASTIC value).
Mass Effect 2
ir

Dead Rising 2
ir

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
ir

Assassins Creed II
ir
(get $10 after ships)
Tekken 6
ir

Need for Speed: Shift
ir
(get $10 gc after ships AND access to the Elite challenge series in-game)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
ir
(You get a digital treasure map from Amazon when you pre-order THANKS BMACHINE)
Brütal Legend
ir

Alpha Protocol
ir

God of War III
ir

NHL 10
ir
(Pre-order NHL 10 today and receive five MP3s from the game soundtrack as a special bonus)

Last edited by a moderator:
and now borderlands is back down to $54 again...its gone up and down 4 times in 48 hours. maybe amazon can't make up their mind?

[quote name='y2jasper']and now borderlands is back down to $54 again...its gone up and down 4 times in 48 hours. maybe amazon can't make up their mind?[/QUOTE]

And at the time of this posting it's back up to 59.99 again. Wish it would remain 54 bucks...

[quote name='Eric1285']Amazon needs to hurry up and drop MW2 to $56.99 (or better yet, 53.99) and bring back the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Why would they? It's selling regardless. Amazon's preorder promo's been pretty crappy this year. Last year, nearly all top games had $10 back via a code that can be used on anything.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Why would they? It's selling regardless. Amazon's preorder promo's been pretty crappy this year. Last year, nearly all top games had $10 back via a code that can be used on anything.[/QUOTE]

I mean, ODST has over 1.2 million preorders and they offered a pretty sweet deal on it. I think I ended up getting mine for just over $30 after $10 credit, $5 promo, ECA, and gold box discount. That's not even including the $5 MP3 credit.

[quote name='twztid13']this idea died quickly.[/QUOTE]

right, topics like these require a really dedicated OP... or CAG just needs to add a slickdeals-type public wiki for each topic

Well, Silent Hill:Shattered Memories is at 47 dollars for the Wii, no release day delivery from what I see. For the PSP and PS2 it's at 28 dollars.

I have a question to ask kind of related to the thread, just because there's no option for release day delivery right now, is there no chance of the option showing up later for Silent Hill? And there's also no preorder bonus. Is there a chance that might show up later as well, or are we cursed to not have a little trinket with our purchase?

Looks like Amazon added a $5 future credit on top of the extra treasure map. Between the lower price, ECA, the 9.5 IGN just gave it, and the extra $5 future credit. Sold.

[quote name='Japakneez']ginoblaze, what game are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 I think. Just pre-ordered. It was in my Gold Picks as well.

48.44$ shipped and a 5$ credit for another game bought before Dec 31 2009

[quote name='twztid13']this idea died quickly.[/QUOTE]
Punisher took this over and created his own thread.

Damnit, suddenly thinking about borderlands and it's back up to 59.99. Friend mentioned it and it probably would be a lot of fun playing together online...any luck it'll drop down again before it's release or probably not at this point?

Finally got the gold box to work for me. I got Uncharted 2 earlier today for $48 plus a $5 coupon and I just used that to get GoW collection for $26.44.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Uncharted 2 in my Gold Box earlier, so I got it with a couple other games. Plan to use the 5 dollar credit on Ratchet and Clank and Borderlands if they ever show up in my Gold Box.

uncharted 2 also is currently giving a 5 dollar off another game auto-applied credit. i pre-ordered uncharted 2, then immediately pre-ordered demon's souls deluxe and got 5 dollars off.

i preordered uncharted 2 with my eca credit how do i get 5 dollar off on my next game . i ordered some other game but it didnt applied credit ,any idea.thx

[quote name='dreamer2050']i preordered uncharted 2 with my eca credit how do i get 5 dollar off on my next game . i ordered some other game but it didnt applied credit ,any idea.thx[/QUOTE]

You wait until they credit your account or send you the code after the game has shipped and released.

[quote name='dreamer2050']i preordered uncharted 2 with my eca credit how do i get 5 dollar off on my next game . i ordered some other game but it didnt applied credit ,any idea.thx[/QUOTE]

This should help.

[quote name='amazon']Pre-order Double Bonus Offer
Pre-order Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and not only will you get the Amazon.com-exclusive treasure map, but you'll also get $5 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon.com reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. See the special offers section below for more information. [/quote]

You will get the $5 when the game ships. They will deposit it into your account and apply it to any new game purchases automatically.

They sent me an email and put the $5 credit into my account as soon I Pre-ordered yesterday.

[quote name='MidValley']They sent me an email and put the $5 credit into my account as soon I Pre-ordered yesterday.[/QUOTE]

typically these are sent out about a week after your order ships.... although I have had this happen once, it is just a fluke that you get it immediately.

Do you guys know how I could possibly get Uncharted 2 into my Gold Box? I've been waiting for it to go into my Gold Box for a while now but all I get are dvd, cds, and other useless stuff.

[quote name='gamekilla']Do you guys know how I could possibly get Uncharted 2 into my Gold Box? I've been waiting for it to go into my Gold Box for a while now but all I get are dvd, cds, and other useless stuff.[/QUOTE]

And before you read this, pre-orders are the strongest way to change your picks(fake or ones you keep). Uncharted 2 has been showing up in gold boxes pretty regularly, hell even in mine when I had it "not interested" and in another person's when they had already pre-ordered it. As long as you start getting games in your quick picks period, this should be a relatively easy one to get.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235975

[quote name='gamekilla']Do you guys know how I could possibly get Uncharted 2 into my Gold Box? I've been waiting for it to go into my Gold Box for a while now but all I get are dvd, cds, and other useless stuff.[/QUOTE]

Read, follow, and be rewarded. Credit to Jodou for the awesome thread.

so... i already ordered Uncharted 2 without Gold Pick. Can i email them and say a couple of my friends only paid 48ish? Or do i need to get it in my gold box somehow, even though i already ordered it?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']uncharted is even more tempting with the extra $5

also is it weird I haven't had a goldbox in 3 days?[/QUOTE]

For 1 day, no, for 3 days...I'd say so. Stupid question, but you are logged in right?

im so disappointed the $10 Modern Warfare pre-order is gone :bomb:

i think other huge releases like Starcraft II will have it. I'm holding on to my amazon $30 coupons for stackable promos like these.

Saw this on a ds page, but the game is 20 bucks, so I don't know if you could really work it into a deal somehow. Maybe it'll drop in price before the promo ends or something.

Get a $5 Credit towards a Nintendo DS Game
Download Jewel Quest Mysteries 2 and get a $5 credit toward the purchase of a Nintendo DS video game sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Offer ends October 11, 2009. Promotional credit must be redeemed by November 11, 2009. See details.

The $10 offer doesn't apply to the CE's of Dragon Age. :bomb:

Fired them an email about this difference between the two versions, and we'll see what we get back.

[quote name='shrike4242']The $10 offer doesn't apply to the CE's of Dragon Age. :bomb:

Fired them an email about this difference between the two versions, and we'll see what we get back.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I was having a hard enough time justifying the 20 dollar difference for the collectors edition, this puts a nail in it. I will have to cancel the preorder.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (both Wii and DS versions)
http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Sonic-Olympic-Winter-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001SIFNXW
now give you a $10 off future game purchase coupon

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limit one per customer.

Heavenly Sword down to whooping $56.49 -_- I hope they bring it down further. I can't post a link because it says new users aren't allowed to post links.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Punisher took this over and created his own thread.[/QUOTE]

and where is that thread at? im very slow & cannot find it. thanks.

I didnt see Army of Two: The 40th Day on the Op's list. I just preordered it for $56.99, the pre order bonus is:

Pre-order Army of Two: The 40th Day and receive access to the "Extraction" multi-player mode at launch. Access code with be e-mailed within 10 business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer

I know its cheaper with the ECA discount. I used the stacking ECA codes along with my ODST $24 and a $6 GC got it for $16.

This may have been posted already and if soo my apologies.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

[quote name='shrike4242']The $10 offer doesn't apply to the CE's of Dragon Age. :bomb:

Fired them an email about this difference between the two versions, and we'll see what we get back.[/QUOTE]
If you get back something positive, I might try it, but I doubt it'll happen.

[quote name='twztid13']kingdom hearts 358/2 days gives a 10$ giftcard. thatd be sweet if itd stack w/ 5$ code.[/QUOTE]

I could get this with my ODST credits, ECA, and that coupon for about $3 bucks. Pay that $10 forward on Dragon Age or Assassin Creed 2. :drool:

bread's done
Back