Amazon preorders for DSi now available (both colors, $169.99 shipped) ** BACK UP **

Already had 2 preordered and just put up another black. I am not the type of person that buys up items on release with the intention of flipping them backl on eBay so I am not exactly sure what I am doing right now. Mainly just worried that people around me will suddenly want one when launch closes in.

Were the DSlites ever hard to find around release? I don't remember having any issues and only really noticed a shortage during the holiday season.

[quote name='whookid36']Anyone know when they're gonna be taking preorders at B&M stores?[/quote]
Gamestop is right now

Why bother pre-ordering at a store to deal with taxes? Put that money towards shipping or save some money. As highly anticipated as it is, there's no real reason to get it THAT early to your doorstep.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Why bother pre-ordering at a store to deal with taxes? Put that money towards shipping or save some money. As highly anticipated as it is, there's no real reason to get it THAT early to your doorstep.[/quote]

I would buy this online but I want to trade in my ds lite. I have no need for the GBA slot since I don't have any GBA games.

got a black one...I always for some reason feel the need to get these consoles on day 1, and it seems as of late nintendo hand helds don't drop quickly in price anyways...

[quote name='Doomstink']Never underestimate a Nintendo product these days. Pretty much any hardware they make will sell out.

I'll probably throw my preorder up on eBay now that they're all sold out. Might as well capitalize on amazon being sold out.[/quote]

these days? its been like this for...7 years

[quote name='silks']If you don't care about a GBA slot, definitely get the DSi.

- It has more memory than the Lite
- a better screen
- a couple of cameras
- the ability to download content from an online store
- some cool image maniuplation software, etc.[/quote]
- Umm, what?
- 17% bigger. Will only make jaggy sprites stand out more, enjoy.
- 0.3 MP cameras, seriously? This is a bragging point?
- We'll see when the store is up & running but I expect nothing but some puzzle stuff & casual crap.
- & it will get old after a couple of minutes.

DSi battery life is rumored to be only 8-10 hours instead of the usual 14-16 hours with Lites/Phats which is a big deal-breaker for most people.

You want a DS purely for games, go get a Lite while you can. You want to gloat about useless gimmick features, splurge on a DSi.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']- Umm, what?
- 17% bigger. Will only make jaggy sprites stand out more, enjoy.
- 0.3 MP cameras, seriously? This is a bragging point?
- We'll see when the store is up & running but I expect nothing but some puzzle stuff & casual crap.
- & it will get old after a couple of minutes.

DSi battery life is rumored to be only 8-10 hours instead of the usual 14-16 hours with Lites/Phats which is a big deal-breaker for most people.

You want a DS purely for games, go get a Lite while you can. You want to gloat about useless gimmick features, splurge on a DSi.[/quote]

I must say as a Troll, I enjoyed your post. I was laughing my self silly, and everything you said is right. Nintendo has abandoned the hard core and it's about time that the hard core's abandon Nintendo and let them have their useless casual gamers.

Nintendo is destroying our beloved hobby by trying to be all things to all people. Mad World and House of the Dead: Overkill are a step in the right direction but my guess is the only reason Sega invested in these is because they will be launch titles with Sony and Microsoft's motion controllers in the future.

I pre-ordered a blue one myself
I'll keep it sealed for a few days to see what resell value will be like
If it's not that great, I'll just keep it :)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']DSi battery life is rumored to be only 8-10 hours instead of the usual 14-16 hours with Lites/Phats which is a big deal-breaker for most people.[/quote]

Wow, if that's true, yeah, it would be a big deal-breaker.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Mine shipped today, thanks Amazon Prime!

14e6mfo.jpg

Not, I bought this and the white one from last year.[/quote]

How you liking the web browser? does it do flash at all?

Im thinking about returning my netbook and just use the DSi for browsing if its half way decent.

Yeah that's pretty bad if the battery life is worse. I don't even think the DS Lite got close to the advertised 14-16 hours of bat life. Regardless, I still ordered the DSi so thanks OP.

I will have to passon the DSi in general (at least for now), nothing is making me want to get it. It's basically for the exact reasons UberNinjaz stated the DSi is the DS with pointless add-ons and a removed GBA slot. I will most likely wait for an inevitable price drop or wait for an inevitable Gamestop "trade in your old DS and pay only for a shiny new DSi" sale.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, it looks like it's a yes and no answer to that question:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/954/954616p2.html

Guess I will have to set up an AP for WEP only just for the DSi, like I would for the DS. :wall:[/quote]

Times like this I wish I had waited and gotten one of the new AEPs that can do guest sharing easily.. Although one would only need WEP if the DS game was networked/interactive? Correct. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The battery life is worse because the new screens require more juice to operate. Also it actually does have more memory and a slightly upgraded processor, so DSi-exclusive games can be a bit fancier than regular DS games.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']- Umm, what?[/QUOTE]

You bother to calculate the percentage of the screen size difference, but don't bother to note that the CPU clock speed is doubled and it has 4x the RAM?

[quote name='eastx']The battery life is worse because the new screens require more juice to operate. Also it actually does have more memory and a slightly upgraded processor, so DSi-exclusive games can be a bit fancier than regular DS games.[/QUOTE]

This is true, and Nintendo has said that there will be DSi-exclusive software (or versions of software, or enhancements when playing certain games on a DSi, a la Gameboy Color).

bread's done
Back