Amazon prime for students 39.99, if your renewal is coming up

I looked at movies, looked like a smallish list and old movies. Not a replacement for anything.

And I guess I must've done my adding and stuff before I ever got onto the student program. I had regular prime for like 2-3 months before the student thing came up and I got a refund on the time I hadn't used back then.

how did you guys become amazon moms? werent we asked for our genders when we signed up? probably not.

but couldnt they tell by some of our names? like Jamie, Jesse, Dominique, or Morgan

[quote name='giantqtipz']how did you guys become amazon moms? werent we asked for our genders when we signed up? probably not.

but couldnt they tell by some of our names? like Jamie, Jesse, Dominique, or Morgan[/QUOTE]

Amazon mom is just the name. It works for dads too.

[quote name='buckythekat']
no it is, you can't add anyone[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you can't add anymore, but the ones I had added before, last year are there still.

I'm tempted to pay the $40, cuz I have $100 in GC tied the acct, but meh I just tied my student acct to my other amazon acct, got a free year again. This is why rewards points is important haha, no rewards, no ties to my acct's.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm guessing you can't add anymore, but the ones I had added before, last year are there still.[/QUOTE]

as long as you added them when you were a fully paid member they aren't removed but if you accidentally remove one of them as long as you are a member through the discounted Amazon Student rate (or a free member) you won't be able to add them back

I got this email too mine ends in a week, I'm just going to use my brother's account cause he's going to go back to school soon.

Also what's this talk about Amazon charging taxes? Is it everywhere or only in certain states, and when will this begin to be enforced?

[quote name='KornKid91']I got this email too mine ends in a week, I'm just going to use my brother's account cause he's going to go back to school soon.

Also what's this talk about Amazon charging taxes? Is it everywhere or only in certain states, and when will this begin to be enforced?[/QUOTE] What he said! Please someone explain or provide a link. If Amazon starts charging taxes my world will turn upside down.

Well I just checked my order history with Amazon... Looks like I order things from them 3-4 times a year on average. So I am guessing that it's not worth paying to renew prime then huh?

How does Amazon's streaming service compare to netflix? If its comparable I'm going to cancel netflix and get this. Netflix's price hike is too much for me.

holy shit, thank you so much OP. I was going to get Prime in August for $80 since my Amazon Prime Student ended. I kept clicking Upgrade Now on the link above, but it didn't work so i signed up under Amazon Student again with my same address, but as expected, didn't get the benefits. However, when i clicked on Upgrade Now this time, it went thru for the $40, thanks again!

[quote name='Maestro']Yes, Amazon Prime includes their entire video streaming library as well. This is gonna be useful for when I cancel Netflix.[/QUOTE]

hmm I have never looked in to their streaming library before. It's too bad the 360 doesn't support it :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmm I have never looked in to their streaming library before. It's too bad the 360 doesn't support it :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, it kind of sucks and really isn't convenient. If you have a newer Blu-Ray player with Amazon on it it streams it very well. I haven't dove into Amazon's library but from what I seen I like.

[quote name='poopmastr7']Apparently just entering in a new edu address didnt work. I just made a new account with another edu and got another free year.[/QUOTE] Same here. I wonder if I can export my wishlist to the new account.

Man this is a tough call. My free year is up tomorrow and I'm debating whether or not to upgrade.

On the one hand, I don't think I had $40 worth of shipping charges in the past year, if I used slower shipping and FSSS. However, if I ordered 2-day shipping on all my orders within the past year, it would have most likely added up to >$40.

OTOH, stuff seems to come pretty fast anyways since amazon seems to have warehouses semi-close to where I live, so regular shipping comes in like 2-3 days anyway.

Ruahrc

if my student memberships runs out but i have open orders with the free release date delivery do i still get that or do i have to change the shipping not to get charged for the membership?

bread's done
Back