Amazon "promotional credit" query

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
I have some Amazon promotional credit ($10 now and $20 after Arkham City ships) and I also have a few pre-orders (Skyrim and Saints Row 3) but I wanted to know how this credit works with pre-orders. I applied the $10 to my Saints pre-order but Skyrim ships first so would the whole $20 be applied to that order first as well? I have used promotional credit a lot in the past but never on multiple pre-orders.

Do I have to choose which order the credit applies to by the order of pre-orders/purchases I make? Any information you guys could give regarding how the whole Amazon promotional credit thing works would be appreciated.

Pretty sure the credit is applied and reserved when you pre-order an item. So if you order an item and then get an extra $10 credit its not going to retroactively apply to order.

Thanks Brian, that sounds about right. I might just cancel both pre-orders and re-order after Arkham ships, dumping the full $20 into Skyrim since it releases first. Amazon is a strange beast but no taxes and free shipping are tough to beat, especially now that I am working as a full time psychological intern and don't have time to make the 30min trip to Kmart, plus the gas in California is costly.

Try going into your account and changing the payment method. That's worked for me in the past; I usually don't bother because Amazon credit is good as cash to me, especially before Xmas.

[quote name='variablesunknown']Thanks Brian, that sounds about right. I might just cancel both pre-orders and re-order after Arkham ships, dumping the full $20 into Skyrim since it releases first. Amazon is a strange beast but no taxes and free shipping are tough to beat, especially now that I am working as a full time psychological intern and don't have time to make the 30min trip to Kmart, plus the gas in California is costly.[/QUOTE]That's how I'd suggest doing it.

The promotional credit they provide as pre-order bonuses aren't applicable like gift card codes would be. They're on your account, though they're hidden, and they're applied automatically when an applicable item is in your cart and you check out.

Amazon reps can apply it to an existing order, though it's easiest and cleanest to do a new order and have the credit apply automatically.

bread's done
Back