Amazon: Prototype $29.99 (PS3 & 360) $19.99 (PC).

such an awesome game.

I loved every minute of it. Imagine if Ninja Gaiden was an open world game, but obviously not as polished as Ninja Gaiden. It just gave me a Ninja Gaiden vibe with the combat and the gore. One of my favorites of 2009, but obviously a very love/hate game. Not for everyone.

Great game in my opinion. I'm really entertained by just dickin' around in the open world. Alex Mercer's powers are nothing short of awesome.

the graphics are not that great due to the amount of things on the screen, this will hit $20 or less sooner or later also it was $15 at gamecrazy during BF

[quote name='icedrake523']I'll wait for $20, too. I still haven't even played inFamous yet so that should hold me over till then.[/QUOTE]

Same. I played maybe an hour of inFamous when I picked it up as a lightning deal right before Christmas. Got a bunch of other games that I want to get through first before inFamous, and then I'll consider Prototype.

Thanks for the heads up though, OP.

A word of warning, The PC version of this game is quite buggy. If you enjoy audio in your games and you are using onboard audio, forget this game. For some reason the audio is very, very low if using onboard audio. I had to pop my old X-Fi back in just to have normal audio. This is a widely reported problem with this game. At last check (a few months ago) there were no patches for this game and it looks like there won't be any.

Not meaning to burst your bubbles but I downloaded the PC version of Prototype for free and it wasn't worth it. It could just be the me or PC version but this game's visuals aren't that great and it gets repetitive within the first 10 minutes. Wait for it to go below $10 if you're looking to smash stuff/run up buildings for the PC.

I've heard this wasnt all that great. People compare this to infamous but say infamous is much better. I played infamous and while i enjoyed the story and the twist at the end I have to say the gameplay got quite repetitive. If this is anything like infamous i might pick it up for 20 but only after this next round of new releases comes out. Good deal OP.

I've got it sitting here in my backlog but if what you want to do is destroy stuff cheap wouldn't the Hulk open world games work? Same developer too.

They have it for Xbox 360 used from Amazon Warehouse deals for $25.99. Free shipping to boot if you want to save a few more bucks.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']I've heard this wasnt all that great. People compare this to infamous but say infamous is much better. I played infamous and while i enjoyed the story and the twist at the end I have to say the gameplay got quite repetitive. If this is anything like infamous i might pick it up for 20 but only after this next round of new releases comes out. Good deal OP.[/QUOTE]

It's like inFAMOUS and it isn't. inFAMOUS is more polished but Prototype's has a style that can really appeal. Both can be repeditive but if you like open world games, take this one for a spin.

bread's done
Back