Amazon - PS Vita 32GB Memory Card = $74.69

I just bought this 2 weeks ago for about $10 more. Amzon doesn't happen to have a price guarantee policy like some brick and mortar stores do they?

This is biggest thing making me hold out for serious Vita drop- when you add in the price of enough memory storage, it's a 350 dollar console

[quote name='perfectmf1386']I just bought this 2 weeks ago for about $10 more. Amzon doesn't happen to have a price guarantee policy like some brick and mortar stores do they?[/QUOTE]

Worth calling them about it.

You only need 8 if you're a CAG like myself who didn't buy a vita for psp games and buys physical copies for later trade ins.

[quote name='istillw1n']You only need 8 if you're a CAG like myself who didn't buy a vita for psp games and buys physical copies for later trade ins.[/QUOTE]

Some may want to load movies, music and other apps into it, though. Sure, they can use a phone but some would rather not...just saying.

[quote name='perfectmf1386']I just bought this 2 weeks ago for about $10 more. Amzon doesn't happen to have a price guarantee policy like some brick and mortar stores do they?[/QUOTE]

I got some electronic equipment adjusted for me within 14 days plenty of times. Some high ticket stuff as well, call them.

Yes it's all for how you want to use it but I'd never pay even this price for 32gb which is now really cheap. I've got my 8gb and when sandisk starts making them and the prices drop, maybe ill buy bigger.

contact them. if you're lucky, the CSR will refund the difference.

Thanks OP. Have been on the fence at $80, I guess $75 is my sweet spot. Have a bunch of digital PSP games from the Atlus sale last month that my 8GB didn't have any more room for.

gonna have to get BB to match this helps that I'm bout to drop a couple hundred there come Sunday so it should work.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Not too bad a price, I might have to buy this.[/QUOTE]

It's really sad that $75 for a 32GB memory card looks like a good deal. I like my Vita but I detest Sony's price-gouging.

[quote name='brutalny']I got some electronic equipment adjusted for me within 14 days plenty of times. Some high ticket stuff as well, call them.[/QUOTE]
I tried to get them to PM Mortal Kombat Komplete after a week and they said no. It doesn't hurt to try. :bouncy:

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']This is biggest thing making me hold out for serious Vita drop- when you add in the price of enough memory storage, it's a 350 dollar console[/QUOTE]

I'm with you 100. I'll buy another ps3 for the bedroom before buying a $350 portable. I'm hoping they crack on the price of the storage eventually. I don't like getting raped at the cash register. I can afford it, but to me it's not worth $300+ to play FIFA and Uncharted 3.5 in bed...now Gran turismo would be a different story.

Not sure if they'll drop prices significantly, not holding my breath for it either, but it's similar to how Microsoft charged $100 for a 60GB HDD, i think they're about $90 though, but still that's more than a 1TB HDD i saw for $80. This makes me wonder if the next generation of console will focus on being compatible with certain proprietary accessories more so than 3rd party things just for the cash that can be made for it.

The problem also becomes the price of downloads. For example, when are you going to be able to download Mortal Kobmat for 9.99? So after you over pay for the card (as I did) then you over pay for the games.

Can anyone comment on whether these cards are steaming pos like the Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo or what?
I really wish SanDisk was able to sell these. Sony can you at least sell me a memory card with a limited lifetime warranty so I know it's not likely to fall apart?
edit: bgame I'm just glad they're selling games on physical media. Selling digital offends me for resale reasons, backup reasons and just the plain fact that if you're going to sell me something only digitally then you better fucking sell me the storage media at cost. If not that, then give me enough of a deal to really offset the cost I paid for the storage.

Man, this is so stupid. A 32 GB memory card for $75 a good deal? Better than $100, sure, but why pay for it at all? I won't buy a Vita until Sony finds their missing brain and reduces the price to an acceptable amount. I'd say $1 per GB. So $32 for a 32 GB memory card.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Man, this is so stupid. A 32 GB memory card for $75 a good deal? Better than $100, sure, but why pay for it at all? I won't buy a Vita until Sony finds their missing brain and reduces the price to an acceptable amount. I'd say $1 per GB. So $32 for a 32 GB memory card.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Sony needs to find their missing brain and stop trying to make money.

[quote name='morrodox']It's really sad that $75 for a 32GB memory card looks like a good deal. I like my Vita but I detest Sony's price-gouging.[/QUOTE]

That's why I still haven't bought it.

[quote name='Abear21']I'll buy another ps3 for the bedroom before buying a $350 portable.[/QUOTE]

Sony tried going the non-proprietary route with the PS3. Players could use USB drives & swap out the HDD for any drive of their choosing. Taking that approach did little to help cover the cost of the Cell processor & Blu-ray drive, all of which were contributing factors to forcing Sony to price the PS3 at $500-$600 at launch.

The backlash against the PS3's cost was so great that Sony was forced to take the same approach that they had used previously with the PS1 & PS2: overpriced proprietary memory cards to help make a dent in the massive investment that is required to launch a system. If they weren't charging you $100 for a memory card then they'd probably have to be charging you $350-$400 upfront for the Vita.

And no I'm not suggesting that people should be excited over $100 memory cards, either. Sony put themselves in a really tough spot when they decided to launch the Vita and thus were forced to make some very unpopular decisions when it came to pricing. It won't be long before they're situation is even worse and they'll be forced to take a huge price cut like Nintendo did with the 3DS.

What should have happened is that Sony should have had at least 2GB to 4GB on board memory then let it be upgradable with any of there memory cards if people wished.

Thanks OP, this is getting closer to my price point, I'm holding out for $60.

I'm surprised Vita doesn't come with an 8GB in the box since you can spend the same $200 and get an 8GB Nexus 7 tablet.

Still, a $200 Vita + $75 32GB memory card isn't really too out of line.

[quote name='bgame2']The problem also becomes the price of downloads. For example, when are you going to be able to download Mortal Kobmat for 9.99? So after you over pay for the card (as I did) then you over pay for the games.[/QUOTE]

Buying a memory card doesn't preclude you from buying physical games.

The main problem is everyone seems to think that the 32 GB card is a necessary purchase to the Vita.

bread's done
Back