Amazon PSP 2000 Core $154.99 FSS

[quote name='Master Shake']Haha you're as bad a me.[/quote]

LOL! The sad part is that I'm sure there are plenty more CAGs out there who do the same thing...

In any case, I'd love to get a good deal on a PSP 2000, just haven't found one yet...

For those wondering about 2000 vs 3000, if you want to run any homebrew on PSP the 2000 made pre August of 2008 is your only option really. PSP 3000 is technically better minus the tiny problem with the screen, but personally no homebrew on the 3000 is what made the 2000 hands down best in my opinion. But yes, the scanline problem exists on the 3000, no doubt about it, no doubt you'll notice it occasionally. I find it funny though that most people here who were alive in NES/SNES/even atari eras find scanlines to be the purchasing factor of a console though.

I remember sitting on my grandmas floor playing atari on a giant CRT console television LOL, yet people complain about the PSP 3000's minor problem which can be easily ignore =p

As for brightness on PSP 2000 vs 3000, yes 3000 is a little better and has better colours, but really the 2000 is near perfect too, not much of a selling point. Like I said, if you want to run homebrew on your PSP then definitely ignore the 3000, probably never will be moddable. And as for 2000, get it, I recommend it.

I bought the PSP 2000 for Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth because a PS1 copy wouldve costed like 80 bucks anyways, so I figured for 40 bucks more I can get a new console. Besides that, I thought i'd never get any use out of the PSP, I didn't think it had any games, not a huge fan of the multimedia aspect, just thought it'd collect dust and I'd prefer my DS over it. 3 months later and I love my PSP, favorite handheld actually. If you're 'waiting for a deal' I'd suggest stop waiting before it's too late if you want a chance at a moddable one!

Oh and gamewise for PSP, being someone who'd think it was useless, I think I own like 25 games for it, and all are pretty darn good. If you like tactical rpgs or turn based RPGs you'll love it. :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman'] I recommend the steal of the month at the EB/GS Game Days sale which is a $4.99 new copy of the UMD movie "Stealth." The movie was wack, but it comes with a free copy of Wipeout Pure! [/QUOTE]

^It's not the full game^

[quote name='expane']No, it has nothing to do with how "bad it is made out to be" It simply is what it is. There are scanlines, and they are visible. The "internet" isn't "making it out to be bad" there are simply pictures and videos showing the scan lines.

Of course owners are going to say "oh I don't notice" because they spent money on it. These are the same people who didnt notice early gen HDTV lag, or early PS3 firmware PS2 playback problems. They never notice any problems on stuff THEY paid money for.[/quote]
It's not as bad as you make it out to be. The internet always makes things out to be worse than they actually are or better than they actually are, especially for video games.

[quote name='aeri']If you're 'waiting for a deal' I'd suggest stop waiting before it's too late if you want a chance at a moddable one![/quote]

oohhh this one hits a bit close to home. I'm looking for a psp i can homebrew, and i need one before this saturday x_x,gonna be out of the country. i'm even considering getting a used one from gamestop(none available at BB,target,radioshack near me).however i read in some of the reviews that i cant mod the 2000 refurbished ones. even considered getting a used 1000.any thoughts where i can get one? help please :cry:

Craigslist is your only guaranteed option for "Before Saturday", buy a pre-modded one from someone on there.

Which is probably for the best anyway unless you have a 1000 handy through a friend? Because if you don't, you can't just mod the PSP-2000 w/o a Battery and Memory Stick from the 1000 series. Unless there have been some steps in modding recently? Honestly though If you're going out of the country...to europe/uk maybe? Buy a Gizmondo :p. It's great for the emulation, and not as oriented toward things illegal ;).

There are visible scanlines in the screen of the PSP3000. Really, that's pretty much the end of the discussion. They obviously aren't so bad that the system needed to be recalled, at least not in Sony's eyes (not that they have the greatest track record), and people are still buying them, apparently. But there are scanlines, and they are visible.

I was wondering if this is a good deal, a PSP 1000 system with GTA vice city stories, for $65, found on Craigslist, probaly going to buy

[quote name='Nameless One']
Which is probably for the best anyway unless you have a 1000 handy through a friend? Because if you don't, you can't just mod the PSP-2000 w/o a Battery and Memory Stick from the 1000 series. Unless there have been some steps in modding recently? H.[/QUOTE]

When I modded my PSP 2000 over a year ago, I made the magic memory stick myself and just had to buy a Datel battery. No PSP 1000 was ever involved.

[quote name='eastx']When I modded my PSP 2000 over a year ago, I made the magic memory stick myself and just had to buy a Datel battery. No PSP 1000 was ever involved.[/QUOTE]

You mean that battery that's designed for use in a PSP-1000? Don't be an ass. It doesn't fit in the PSP-2000 w/ the cover on, so yes, you did use something from the 1000 line. The point, obviously, is that you can't just mod a PSP-2000 w/o the battery of a 1000 (or a third party battery...for the 1000).

[quote name='Nameless One']You mean that battery that's designed for use in a PSP-1000? Don't be an ass. It doesn't fit in the PSP-2000 w/ the cover on, so yes, you did use something from the 1000 line. The point, obviously, is that you can't just mod a PSP-2000 w/o the battery of a 1000 (or a third party battery...for the 1000).[/QUOTE]

Uh, there are slim-size pandora batteries.

But aren't we not supposed to even discuss modding on these here forums? The site's about paying money for games and jazz.

I modded my psp the first day I got and I buy all my games. (with the exception of emulators, I probably have between 15-20 now) I love being able to make iso images of my games and run them off the memory stick. Game stays in mint condition on my shelf and is not in danger of getting lost or damaged. Not only that but now I have 8 games immediately available without needing to switch a cart/disc, with faster loads and longer battery life.

[quote name='J7.']It's not as bad as you make it out to be. The internet always makes things out to be worse than they actually are or better than they actually are, especially for video games.[/QUOTE]

And how "bad" did I make it out to be? What grade did I give it on a scale of badness? I simply said the scanlines are there, visible to the naked eye, and it's a non fixable problem. I never gave any measurement to it's "badness"

[quote name='expane']And how "bad" did I make it out to be? What grade did I give it on a scale of badness? I simply said the scanlines are there, visible to the naked eye, and it's a non fixable problem. I never gave any measurement to it's "badness"[/quote]

I'll hop in just for fun but you make the scan lines out to be like it's the end of the world. Every post is bashing scanlines on the system which are nearly unnoticeable.

[quote name='Chlorox']I'll hop in just for fun but you make the scan lines out to be like it's the end of the world. Every post is bashing scanlines on the system which are nearly unnoticeable.[/QUOTE]

Find a quote where I "make it out like it's the end of the world" you can't, because I didn't. People are overly defensive and they read into things. I have stated the scanlines are visible to the naked eye, which is fact. I have also stated numerous times that how much it bothers someone is up to them.

You are the one trying to qualify it is "nearly unnoticeable" in apologist style

why is this argument still going on?

It's simple: People who bought/have the 3000 are going to defend the 3000 and say the scanlines aren't a big deal. The people who have a 2000 or 1000 are going to make sure to point out that the newer 3000 has scanlines. People want to justify their $ spent, this isn't anything new.

Point is, like expane has been dragging out, is that the 3000 DOES have scanlines, there is no denying it and it will plague every 3000 you get. Make that out to be as big of a deal as you want, but at the end of the day a PSP is a PSP. Honestly, if you are in the market to buy one, I would suggest the 2000, but that doesn't mean you should go throw away your 3000 if you have one. They're both fine.

I myself am debating swapping my brand new DSi back for a PSP2000 :( All of a sudden had a big urge to jump on the PSP bandwagon after some recent big game announcements and the nice backlog of games it has that I wan to play (well, both the DSi and PSP have amazing libraries). Should I keep the DSi or swap it for a 2000?

[quote name='Wildcat1080']Should I keep the DSi or swap it for a 2000?[/quote]

If you have a DSLite then yes, but if not then ...? What kind of games do you like? Look at the DS games and PSP games and compare. Or keep the DSi and save up for a PSP...June will possibly be when the announcement of the next PSP model/system and it could be Christmas or so until we get it, so you could keep the DSi and in the meantime save for the next PSP model. However, the problem I see is that the new model/system may not play UMD's...which doesnt make a lot of sense to me, because...then...it doesnt even play past PSP games. Maybe they will find out some sort of way to make that work out, I dont know...

I have a 2000 but I am defending the 3000 scanline issue not being as bad as some think it is. I wouldn't buy a DSi yet. I'd wait to see what the new PSP offers before going with DSi or PSP unless you want to jump on a deal for either one.

[quote name='afunguy24']Thx. Picked up PSP 2000 for my son for easter.[/quote]
Somebody's going to be happy! What game are you going to get him?

I think the Radioshacks dropped PSP 2000's. I got my PSP 2000 Core for $121, and they had a God of War but they sold it to somebody for $140ish :\ Oh well, still a good deal but man is Sony cheap or what? No small memory card, screen protector, ear phones or clothes from what I originally remember the PSP came with when I bought one years ago.

I find it hard to resist to own any system, and considering most of the best PSP games are $20 or less I had to grab another PSP.

[quote name='sam861']From where did you bought it for $125 ?[/QUOTE]
Most likely from another person (i.e. Ebay, Craigslist, friend, etc..).

Anyway people need to remember that people not wanting a 300 mostly relies on the fact that it can't be modded. Also the rumor that a 4000 model is coming out with dual analogs is BS. Sony is not stupid enough to release a new PSP model that will have games that can only be played on that one unless it's the PSP2

MikeHoncho they can just offer dual control options, much like Resistance for PSP already does. I think dual analog is very likely in a future hardware revision.

bread's done
Back