Amazon: PSP God of War Entertainment Pack - Red (Available NOW)

syndicate701

CAGiversary!
Amazon opened up pre-orders for the Limited Edition PSP Red God of War Entertainment pack.

Buy.com, newegg.com, Bestbuy, Circuit City, or Target are not currently offering (as of 5/5/08) pre-orders this early.

Inlcudes PSP, GOW COO game, Super Bad UMD Movie, and a certificate for Syphon Filter: Combat Ops. $199 free shipping

God_of_War_PSP_Model_(Back).jpg

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-God-War-E..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1210011394&sr=8-1

s701

[quote name='lurknomore']It does. It just doesn't state this in the OP or on Amazon's sales page. It was mentioned in a post or three in the postings previous.[/quote]

Thanks. I've updated the info on my OP. I remember reading that on PSPfanboy awhile ago, but noticed Amazon didn't include that info so I thought it was dropped.

s701

Hmm, I don't have a psp and plan to only buy one psp... is it possible (read easy) to downgrade/install CFW on the slim - out of the box - I am really cheap and I don't want to pay extra to buy one of those pandora battery...

Or should I go for a phat, is that one easier for installing CFW?

One more question, I have a lot of PS1 games I want to play, but I also have a 2 year old son, so that's why I can only realistically play portable games. Is it easy to somehow (magically?) copy my PS1 games to play on the psp? Or do I have to buy and download them from SONY.com ?

[quote name='Asgardian']Hmm, I don't have a psp and plan to only buy one psp... is it possible (read easy) to downgrade/install CFW on the slim - out of the box - I am really cheap and I don't want to pay extra to buy one of those pandora battery...

One more question, I have a lot of PS1 games I want to play, but I also have a 2 year old son, so that's why I can only realistically play portable games. Is it easy to somehow (magically?) copy my PS1 games to play on the psp? Or do I have to buy and download them from SONY.com ?[/quote]

For what you want, but a used phat and install custom firmware on it. locally I have seen nice used phat packages under $100 on craigslist.org

[quote name='Asgardian']Hmm, I don't have a psp and plan to only buy one psp... is it possible (read easy) to downgrade/install CFW on the slim - out of the box - I am really cheap and I don't want to pay extra to buy one of those pandora battery...

One more question, I have a lot of PS1 games I want to play, but I also have a 2 year old son, so that's why I can only realistically play portable games. Is it easy to somehow (magically?) transfer my PS1 games to play on the psp? Or do I have to buy them from SONY?[/QUOTE]

It's not exactly "easy" but it's not all that impossible either. It's just a matter of how much time you want to spend on it. And if you don't want to buy or make a Pandora Battery then yes, get a fat PSP because it's pretty much impossible to install CFW on a slim without it. Just make sure you get a fat PSP with 3.0 firmware or below to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to whatever custom firmware you want.

I've also converted several of my own PS1 games to use on my PSP. It's pretty easy to do if you download the right converter. I have a Mac and it was super easy.

I just watch this very informative video on youtube.. so is that it? Just lifting one pin on the battery and creating a "magic ms", restart the psp and pray for a few minutes? I think I'd rather have a slim than a phat... Doesn't the slim have more buildin memory and therefore run games a little faster?

Another question is, once you "hard mod" the battery, is it no longer able to be used as a normal battery? I mean can you still use it for anything other than hacking psp or do you have to put the pin back for it be function as normal?

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']It's not exactly "easy" but it's not all that impossible either. It's just a matter of how much time you want to spend on it. And if you don't want to buy or make a Pandora Battery then yes, get a fat PSP because it's pretty much impossible to install CFW on a slim without it. Just make sure you get a fat PSP with 3.0 firmware or below to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to whatever custom firmware you want.

I've also converted several of my own PS1 games to use on my PSP. It's pretty easy to do if you download the right converter. I have a Mac and it was super easy.[/quote]

Nobi-Wan, I mainly use a intel-mac too, can you pm me or post a link to the convert you used for converting PS1 games, thanks!!

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']I think I might be one of the only people who's not too hot on the way it looks.
The Star Wars one was decent though.[/quote]

youre not alone.

something about kratos' face that weirds me out.. and the print is only on one side.. maybe if they us put it in the middle, or put something else on the other corner. ahhh i dont know. :bomb:

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']What firmware are you running? I can point you to a guide if you'd like. Plus, if you end up getting a God of War PSP you can use your hacked "fat" PSP to downgrade that one.[/quote]

I'm not entirely certain to be honest. It has been a while since I touched my PSP but I do not believe the firmware to be at 3.0 yet.

Sure any info you could spare would be much appreciated :)

[quote name='jeremywoods']youre not alone.

something about kratos' face that weirds me out.. and the print is only on one side.. maybe if they us put it in the middle, or put something else on the other corner. ahhh i dont know. :bomb:[/quote]

I think it's the ugly red that turns me off.
If they would have made the unit itself a different color... and his face red it would look a bit better. But that BLAZING red is sort of sore looking.

For me anyway. That's my own opinion.

I'm going back and forth whether or not I'm picking this up or just going out and getting a slim black one...back and forth. Don't care much for the color, but the pack-ins are a deal.

I think I have to at least peer through the plastic window before making a decision on whether it's an acceptable red, or a girly one. Also wish the buttons were clear instead of solid red with white print.

And the worst offense would be the paper sleeves. How can creating, printing and assembling all new packaging be better than throwing in the regular game and umd cases that's already manufactured and sitting in a warehouse somewhere? I hate being shortchanged because Sony thinks conditional bundles are acceptable.

The cheapass conflict bites when trying to balance value and aesthetics.

The supposed free Ratchet and Clank PSP game with PSP purchase next week is starting to look tempting. It'll just mean waiting for Chains off Olympus to price drop in 2+ years before getting the game.

[quote name='Deefuzz']I guess I am just a little paranoid. I've read a few things about people bricking their systems trying to run the firmware to enable emulation. And knowing me I would screw something up.

But I guess it really doesn't make too much sense now that I am typing it. I plan on doing it anyway so why wait? Now I just need to find the correct info and software :)[/quote]

With a Pandora battery and memory stick with the correct files on it, you can unbrick any PSP any number of times :D

[quote name='Hibiwa']

And the worst offense would be the paper sleeves. How can creating, printing and assembling all new packaging be better than throwing in the regular game and umd cases that's already manufactured and sitting in a warehouse somewhere? I hate being shortchanged because Sony thinks conditional bundles are acceptable.

[/QUOTE]

Almost all companies do that. Nintendo has done it for all their pack ins lately: Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow Training.

Yeah, I get that companies want to earn a profit and will cut corners to reach that goal. It just leaves a bad taste when consumers can't really do anything about it. It's buy it, or don't. The general population usually goes with what's available, and happily pay without question.

Didn't mean to stray from topic. If I do buy the GOW:COO bundle, I'll be biting my lips till they bleed deep red.

Thanks OP. I have been waiting for this preorder to pop up and was starting to feel as if it would never happen. I don't really miss the memory card, since any pack-in would be useless to me considering the limited storage. Can't wait to finally own a PSP.

I'll admit i am digging the way the red looks. I can admit there is a possibility it looks worse than it is, so i am wary of whether to preorder on Amazon or not. As someone in this thread said, this is going to be just like the other bundles, and I will have a chance to check this out B&M.

Anyone get their Pre-Order alert from Amazon yet? I signed up early Feb and just received the alert this morning (5/7/). It's been 2 days AFTER they have it available to pre-order on their website. Nice delay in their notification system... worthless.

s701

[quote name='fidgeteer']Why are people so fixated on a mere 1GB memory stick? I never even use the one that came with the Daxter bundle. 4GB memory sticks have gotten so cheap that the Siphon DL sounds more attractive than some minor amount of memory.

Seriously -- if you like to load saved games, demos, wallpaper, themes, music and movies, 1GB will prove far too small for you.

I intend to get the GoW bundle as well. I'll use my Silver for HB and the GoW for official FW.

And don't be misled by the red in photographs. I doubt this bundle will sell out before you get the chance to see it in stores -- the skeptical should wait until then to judge the color.[/quote]

---
What's a cheap resource for 4GB memory sticks. Cheap to me is sub $20

Wow...lots of hate on the red.

I guess everyone needs black to match their emo nail polish and black t-shirts that say "independent" on them.

j/k :D

Hate it if you like, I got mine today and I love it. It took me close to an hour to put the invisishield on but I say it's worth it.

I might trade in God of War and wait for it to go down in price, I like to have all the cases for my games. It's trading in for $20 at EB/GS

[quote name='eliter1']Hate it if you like, I got mine today and I love it. It took me close to an hour to put the invisishield on but I say it's worth it.

I might trade in God of War and wait for it to go down in price, I like to have all the cases for my games. It's trading in for $20 at EB/GS[/QUOTE]

Do you have pics of it? I'm tempted to order it myself.

[quote name='jackoman']Do you have pics of it? I'm tempted to order it myself.[/quote]

I don't have a camera but I must say the red looks better than I thought it would.

i got me a red psp from BB, didn't bother to wait (shipping)... i coulda get it for $190 shipped from buy.com, using the 5% coupon (not new checkout, that's cheating). I was saving the $25 off Google coupon, but expired the day before the red bundle was available to buy, sucks...

used my $50 BB GC from the hd-dvd thingy, so still not a bad deal for me, $16 in taxes though, ouch... Well, if i order from Amazon, i have to pay that anyway.

Loving the red psp very much, i was hoping for a "lighter" metallic red, but this crimson red (like oozed clogging bloody red) match God of War tone very nicely. I will pick another one up if there's a deal around. Personally, i think this one gonna be more rare that the white and ice silver.

Hard to believe it'll be very rare -- I mean they're still selling the Star Wars one for $199, and this should sell at least as well ...

Good to hear that it looks good though. I'm thinking about trying the $40 off $200 at Circuit City thing this weekend.

[quote name='Serpentor']i got me a red psp from BB, didn't bother to wait (shipping)... i coulda get it for $190 shipped from buy.com, using the 5% coupon (not new checkout, that's cheating). I was saving the $25 off Google coupon, but expired the day before the red bundle was available to buy, sucks...

used my $50 BB GC from the hd-dvd thingy, so still not a bad deal for me, $16 in taxes though, ouch... Well, if i order from Amazon, i have to pay that anyway.

Loving the red psp very much, i was hoping for a "lighter" metallic red, but this crimson red (like oozed clogging bloody red) match God of War tone very nicely. I will pick another one up if there's a deal around. Personally, i think this one gonna be more rare that the white and ice silver.[/quote]

I got my pre-order and I love it! Circuit City had a red skin for it that looks perfect. I'm REALLY impressed with God of War.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping my DS and all of the games...

Got mine on Wednesday using the Circuit City $40 coupon. LOVE it. It looks amazing.

To those of you that don't like the color, but do like the pack ins - Why not buy the pack and try selling just the system itself either here or on ebay? Plenty of other CAGs must already have the GOW game and/or Superbad and would be willing to buy the new system from you. You should be able to get enough back to buy a standalone black slim system and still have the pack ins.

I saw the Red psp bundle at Walmart a couple days ago in their shelf. Had like 10 of them. Thought they werent out yet.

Got mine on Tues from Best Buy using a $100 giftcard I had. It was an upgrade from my fat PSP and I love it. Great color and GoW on the PSP is fantastic.

OP here. Got mine last week, been playing it ever since. GOW is really pushes the PSP to the edge of what it can do. Amazing. The RED color is much better than I thought it would be. Really stands out. I agree it will be awhile before it becomes really "limited". Though, it seems the Star Wars bundle is getting harder and harder to find.

s701

i DL'd the unlocked all save and watched the Lost Levels.... You have to see them yourself... I'm so hyped to play God of War III, can't wait...

bread's done
Back