Amazon raisied shipping costs on DVDs & Blus on marketplace

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Used to be $2.99, but recently it's been raised by $1, which is the same as the cost to ship games.

Great for sellers, bad for buyers like me. T___T

How much are their selling fees for movies? Their fees for games are ridiculous... it might be a way for them to help pass on sellers fees to buyers.

Possibly since they have been raising seller fees for quite some time recently, so maybe too many sellers were complaining.

Still totally sucks for me though because I buy from marketplace sellers all the time, and I noticed this change a few days ago, but was holding onto hope it was just a mistake.

Totally sadfaced. T____T

Knew about this since the end of March, since there was a note then that it would go into effect on April 24th.

I think it's probably due to some sellers complaining about shipping fees not being enough cover the actual shipping. Because no matter what people order, they were getting charged $2.98 for shipping. So that means if someone orders a 6 disc box set that is $3.50-$4 for shipping, that eats into the actual product's price.

But yeah, this is probably going to change the amount of movies that I order from 3rd party sellers from now on. As that $3.99 shipping fee adds up quickly. Actually noticed that with some of the movies I've been looking at that with the shipping fees, it's cheaper or nearly the same price to just order a new copy from Amazon directly(with free shipping). Got a feeling some of the smaller sellers will complain that this is going to hurt their business.

With the cost of USPS postage going up, I think this is warranted.

Not that I'm a seller, but I feel that many people don't know how much it cost to actually ship things. Bubble mailer, usps postage, tape, shipping label, and if you sell a lot of things the time to package all adds up.

I have no idea how these big online retailers can afford to offer free shipping. They must need to sell A LOT of things in order for the profits to offset the shipping costs. I would think places like Newegg or Bestbuy loses when a customer buys only 1 single dvd, blu-ray, or game and they ship it for free.

I guess since I don't really sell on Amazon I didn't get the memo as a buyer, so good to know it wasn't just a sudden change.

This will definitely change how I purchase items though as well since $1 extra will make me think twice now on many of my purchases, and they will indeed add up in the end. Just looking at all the marketplace purchases I've made this year, I would have spent an extra $60 from the extra shipping costs alone.

Le sigh...

^---LOL.... you caused the rage Squarehard, I wonder how much the sellers lost on shipping your big box anime sets. >_< On the other hand, it's not like these people never lie about the weight.

[quote name='skiizim']^---LOL.... you caused the rage Squarehard, I wonder how much the sellers lost on shipping your big box anime sets. >_< On the other hand, it's not like these people never lie about the weight.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty true. Just looked through a bulk of the stuff I buy and they're all incredibly heavy, lol.

[quote name='granturismo']Should be $2.99 for small scale stuff.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! *flips table*

[quote name='nintendospy']The sellers will adjust and the base price will end up being slightly lower. It's no big deal.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so. :*(

bread's done
Back