Amazon: Red Star (PS2) $14.82

Yeah I'm sure 14.82 to 19.99 will be the starting price everywhere for this title... but still, awesome deal for what looks like an awesome game. I definitely preordered this along with a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles (PS1) to get free shipping (and another great game of course).

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']i'm gonna have to grab this when it comes out; seems like i've been waiting forever for it... oh wait... i have been.[/quote]

So have I. I remember I was looking forward to this game, glad I'll finally have a chance to pick it up now. Only if I could get Rent-a-Hero >.>

I pre-ordered this a couple weeks ago. Even though it says it's available it's not. They really need a set release date on this. Currently it's looking to be anywhere from April 10th to June 4th right now. I hope it's near the former of the two. ~_~

I've actually gotten to play this a couple years ago. Pretty entertaining if not mindless action. The co-op was where the fun really lies.

For those wondering: It's worth it. I played the leaked version on my friends xbox a year ago, and it was a lot of fun. Not the most amazing game ever, but definitely deserves to see the light of day. Grab a friend and pick it up.

I played the xbox version and the PS2 versions at the Acclaim booth the E3 they showed it (with a few other stinkers..) and the Xbox version was MUCH better. The PS2 version suffered from bad frame-rate, long loads and low rez textures. I hope the PS2 version is much better now.
I have the Xbox version and it is a great game, simple button mashing shooter, reminds me of Cannon Spike, much longer but not as good overall.

I will pick it up for sure!

Gah, I can't figure out what to throw in my cart for Super Saver. I could burn my Amazon Prime free trial, and I suppose I have to use it at SOME point... but I don't shop at Amazon often enough...

Price is back up to $20 at amazon (or maybe it was always like that, whatever.) Wasnt this game canceled? Did someone pick it up and finish it?

[quote name='abhinav']Price is back up to $20 at amazon (or maybe it was always like that, whatever.) Wasnt this game canceled? Did someone pick it up and finish it?[/quote]
Actually, that's a 3rd party vendor price. Click on used/new to find the amazon pre-order price.

[quote name='abhinav']Did someone pick it up and finish it?[/QUOTE]
Of course, multiple times. Har har har!
Seriously folks, sounds like a good title for the price. Here's to hoping that this game is actually released this time, and I certainly hope we don't have a repeat of October.

So are you guys playing a "leaked" version playing on hacked Xboxes or what? I have the demo disc, but I had to order it for PS2. Would rather have the Xbox version if it is fully baked (not that I could get it. . .)

[quote name='MadFlava']So is there any chance this could see an Xbox release or is the Xbox pretty much dead.[/quote]
The official website for the game makes no mention of it....and you'd think they would (even if it were "coming soon"). Add that to the fact that the Xbox is pretty much toast (except for the annual sports games, I'm sure)...and I highly doubt it'll be released.

http://www.redstar-us.com/

[quote name='MadFlava']So is there any chance this could see an Xbox release or is the Xbox pretty much dead.[/QUOTE]
yea the xbox is dead at this point

[quote name='turls']So are you guys playing a "leaked" version playing on hacked Xboxes or what? I have the demo disc, but I had to order it for PS2. Would rather have the Xbox version if it is fully baked (not that I could get it. . .)[/QUOTE]

The Xbox version was complete at the time AKK-Lame closed down. So the the leaked Xbox version will the the same as the PS2 version as far as game-play is concerned.

bread's done
Back